Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
I'll play, but add another slot Xylo as I'll likely die quickly, for I am:

quote:

Buggy Swires.

Buggy is a 65 year old, former dog catcher. A cantankerous drunk who blames society's ills on the rise of multiculturalism, he suffers from gout and carries an overweight, flatulent, fox terrier (also suffers from gout) called Pinochet whom he despises, but now cares for after the recent passing of his wife Millicent.

His mobility is limited to a motorised scooter (top speed 11kmp/h) and attached trailer, home to his beloved goose Mr Downer and dubbed by local wags as the Goose Wagon.

He holds a gun license and owns a gun safe.

e: name change

Lizard Combatant fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Apr 10, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

It's Buggy Swires now. Can you please post the Goose Wagon photo for my character sheet?

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

XyloJW posted:

And one more important thing I forgot to mention: everyone is healthy. You can be old and weak and flabby and unimpressive physically, but no one has heart disease, gout, cancer, or any permanent disabilities or injuries, even if your lifestyle might make the odds of that happening very good, you're just that lucky! :)

What?!
Can Pinochet still have gout?

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

beetroy posted:

You ride goose wagon not because you need to but because everyone else needs you to.

Yeah joke's on you Xylow, Buggy would never abandon Mr Downer.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
Which skill should represent the superior carrying ability of the Goose Wagon? Strength?

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

XyloJW posted:

your wagon is not part of your character! Strength would be how much the guy can lift, but didn't you say he was 70?

Yeah his strength will be low. Can I trade some initial points for an capacity bonus?

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

XyloJW posted:

You will not need to trade for that, I have something in mind to help you there, if your character is going the way I think he is going.

A timely death?

OK, thanks. I'll make the sheet for Buggy as he is. Don't forget to include Pinochet and Mr Downer as special items.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

quote:

Buggy Swires:

65 years old - Retired.

A cantankerous drunk who blames society's ills on the rise of multiculturalism, he suffers from gout and carries an overweight, flatulent, fox terrier (also suffers from gout) called Pinochet whom he despises, but now cares for after the recent passing of his wife Millicent.

As a former dog catcher he retains a firm grasp of the law (in particular, council by laws) and a keen understanding of the canine mind.

He is handy with a tool box and was an avid driver and outdoors-man in his youth, as evidenced by his heavily modified mobility scooter and Goose Wagon (home to his beloved goose, Mr Downer)

He holds a gun license and practises regularly since even the recently elected Liberal government does not adequately assuage his fears of foreign invaders, if only there were another party that better represented his views...

http://sheetgen.dalines.net/sheet/33216?message=true

e: Updated. Let me know if I've fudged the Dex skill Xylow, I want him to be a crack shot and good driver but obviously he's an old dude and can't run for poo poo.

Lizard Combatant fucked around with this message at 10:49 on Apr 10, 2014

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

XyloJW posted:

Dex is fine but I think you misspent your freebies. You have 2 extra in skills (4 points), 3 extra in knowledges (6 points), and 3 extra in willpower (3 points).

Oh whoops, how's that now?

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

XyloJW posted:

You get 10 freebie points to spend in addition to everything else. 5 points buys you an Attribute, 2 points buys you an ability, 1 point buys you a willpower.

You have 7/5/3 attributes, so you're fine there. For abilities, you have 15/9/8, instead of 13/9/5, which means you bought 5 abilities for 10 points, and then you have 7 willpower instead of the normal 4, which means you spent 3 there. You're 3 points over, so whether you want to take away 2 skills and get an extra willpower, or drop a willpower and a skill, or all 3 willpower is up to you.

I checked everyone's math and they all worked out.

But I only have 6 willpower? I'll just drop a skill.
e: done

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
Lol. This is going to be the dumbest game.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

How is young Master Herdygurdy so street smart?

Btw Xylo, I'll be playing Buggy as constantly struggling to find the sweet spot of functionally drunk, wavering between crippling withdrawals and totally rat poo poo. I hope you have a game mechanic for that.

Lizard Combatant fucked around with this message at 14:01 on Apr 10, 2014

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

beetroy posted:

gently caress. I should have rolled Dougy the pizza delivery guy from the Pizza Hut commercials

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJtH3OxCbXI

Yeah someone mentioned Up Late with Hot Dogs a while back and now I'm regretting this missed opportunity for a game of Australian E-listers.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Cartoon posted:

No room for me huh?

Talking in the centre of the room he said.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Bifauxnen posted:

Haha, this is going to be great. I already love not having any clue what the gently caress's going on with Mills. It's going to suck when school holidays are over and work speeds up and I can't keep F5-ing all day.

E: I never understood why galah is supposed to be an insult, by the way. However many L's you spell it with. Galahs are adorable.

It's probably the noise they make which can annoying if there's a whole bunch screeching away.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

XyloJW posted:

I'm pretty happy with everyone's performance by the way. There were other great decisions but I can't say which ones just yet.

Oh I know, stockpiling those crackers is gonna pay off big time.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
I'll be drunk in game and irl

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
Stop pumpkin Xylow for info.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Splode posted:

Oi Lizard Combatant, I didn't take the gun you dork. Accidently blowing my dick off was what I was avoiding

Sorry. Fixed. Now yelling at bell jar

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Lizard Combatant fucked around with this message at 12:28 on Apr 13, 2014

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
A bottle of Angry Dad's cheapest, thank you.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
He already has the cockroach :confused:

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

beetroy posted:

Alf
Alf puts the gourd back into the bag. He smiles at Selene's comment and replies "Ailsa made a fancy pumpkin risotto at the diner one time, that did something too. I always kept stocked up on white king since then"

Lol.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

bell jar posted:

I wanna be a werebee!

gently caress yes

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
Stay safe xylo and co

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

XyloJW posted:

Lizard Combatant, I moved the scene forwards because everyone needed to know that Blacktail was leaving the scene, but if you'd like to ask any questions or continue roleplaying that scene with Blacktail for a little bit before you both leave, which would make sense since he kinda left you hanging, then that'd be cool.

Sorry I've been at work. On it

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
I spent the whole time talking to the ghost of a rat.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Sir Coq of Nandos posted:

What the gently caress man, when do you sleep.

Also on the subject of Don Bradman's bat - some context. Don Bradman is the closest thing Australia has to a saint - and that's including Mary McKillop. He is such a giant of the game that modern players have on several occasions retired just shy of record-breaking scores to preserve Bradman's record.

Basically I'm saying that bat is touched by something divine and belongs in whichever plane of existence in which it deigns to reside.

Can one of my gifts be to burn the bat?

beetroy posted:

FREE BOOZE

I'd drink to that.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
B
A
B

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
Has anyone failed any rolls yet? Things are more interesting when everything goes completely gently caress up.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
Ok cool. Had to skim read a lot of the last couple of turns,been away. Was just sticking to the story stuff.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

beetroy posted:

Yeah he did

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3624071&userid=121039&perpage=40&pagenumber=2#post428219839

When he was trying to sneak into his apartment and the floorboard creaked? Didn't do anything really though.

Wanna see Buggy Squires drive the ute into the lake.

Me too pal.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

XyloJW posted:

Isn't your Drive skill 4? And your Wits and Dex 3? Your guy's like a stunt driver practically.

Gonna keep pushing my limits, that pageant float would never have rolled if it wasn't made so top heavy by Frosty's fat rear end

Lizard Combatant fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Apr 17, 2014

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
See I thought we'd be hunting werewolves, not playing furries & otherkin. Now my former profession of dog catcher makes me some kind of race traitor. Which I'm fine with.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Bifauxnen posted:

I could also see Swires sitting through all these rites only to never bother turning into a werewolf, just operating as our getaway stunt driver.

He hasn't turned yet, but apparently is a werewolf according to rat.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Captain Pissweak posted:

Sorry to be the one to tell you this mate, even in the Shire the goosewagon stands out in a crowd.

Bet no one suspects the crazy old duffer is a werewolf though :smug:

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
Do you carry clothes and items across to the spirit world?

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
Coyote. Was there ever any other choice?

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
Actually I would also be happy with the unicorn, I really enjoyed its banter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

XyloJW posted:

Mills, Lizard Combatant, you two are the only ones who haven't finished learning your stuff.

Wait what? I thought I was just happily knecking my scotch. What do I still have to do? Also sorry for not being particularly involved, I've been busy. Luckily that suits my character who probably wouldn't understand what the hell is going on anyway, he'll probably mid mission.

• Locked thread