Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal

triple sulk posted:

I've been using Xamarin for my job and it's kinda bad. At least Xamarin Forms is.

:agreed: I don't think xamarin forms is quite there. everything has to be done through a renderer. at that point classic iOS xamarin with shared libraries is a good choice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

Dirk Pitt posted:

:agreed: I don't think xamarin forms is quite there. everything has to be done through a renderer. at that point classic iOS xamarin with shared libraries is a good choice.

go native or go out

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

Santas Ainol Elf posted:

go native or go out

yeah.

I loving hate all non native shut and we've been trying, as a species, for decades to make an alternative and still fail.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Santas Ainol Elf posted:

go native or go out

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

Dirk Pitt posted:

Xamarin posted:

Starting February 1st, 2015 Apple requires that all new iOS submissions to the App Store must be 64 bit applications built with the iOS 8 SDK; and from June 1st, 2015 app updates will also need to follow the same requirements. As a result, Xamarin.iOS applications will need to be migrated to the new Unified API instead of the existing Classic MonoTouch API to support 64 bit.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
lol owned.

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

so is xamarin the reason that microsoft iPhones apps suck.

i mean that and horrible design from the start.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

good

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal

Yeah, I meant "classic" in the sense of not using god drat xamarin forms, unless there is a good reason to of course.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Beeftweeter posted:

get an ipad air 2. all of the ram problems i have had with previous ipads or iphones are gone and it owns

yeah this. Procreate on the Air 2 is loving amazing.

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

all those ram problems

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer
have smasung run out of witty things to make apple bashing adverts about?

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Athletic Footjob posted:

have smasung run out of witty things to make apple bashing adverts about?

yes since it turns out that no one cares about "we did it first" since apple's experience is better

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Beeftweeter posted:

its actually the reverse for me, if i see someone that has a phone case i automatically know they're a loving moron that doesnt deserve adult things

lol apple made it so that if u have money you can just buy it fuxkin lol at the idea of deserving anything but death

I have a case.: it's got fuckin flowers on it coz flowers are natures genitals. far more fuxkin timeless than a formless coloured block

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

PleasureKevin posted:

all those ram problems

its funny how the sole determining factor in my Air 2 purchase was never publicized or disclosed by apple except for vague "the new a8x is faster than ever before"

but it makes all the difference

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
i just buy poo poo when it says apple on the box

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

yay :unsmith:

i'm sure they'll have the ipad version updated any day now too

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

should I be using that instead of the official Twitter client. cause it looks the same but better.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

yes, Tweetbot is Actually Good, unlike the Twitter client.

and 20$, unlike the Twitter client.

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

http://www.cultofmac.com/311018/apple-may-take-google-search-engine/

remember this guys fanfic prediction?

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
cool can't wait for someone to be killed by apple search just like they were killed by apple maps

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

I'm not gonna lie this would own v hard

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

apple search is gonna be for their store, maps, apps, etc. i doubt they'll ever make a web search engine

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Dirk Pitt posted:

The app I'm doing is mostly simple enough that we haven't had to use the renderer much but I know what you mean. I do find it really lol that the most recently shipped version of XS does not let you build to the iOS sim because of a bug they caused

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

cremnob posted:

apple search is gonna be for their store, maps, apps, etc. i doubt they'll ever make a web search engine

ah, so i can expect to have a mostly useless, somewhat broken search for the next year or two in my phone now?

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
the point stands, especially if you would use apple search with apple maps

however it's hard to imagine the app store being worse to navigate somehow, so there's only room for improvement there

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

hey guys remember applesearch sherlock spotlight? it's back, in pog form!

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

infernal machines posted:

ah, so i can expect to have a mostly useless, somewhat broken search for the next year or two in my phone now?

go back to IYG

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

cremnob posted:

go back to IYG

you're the creepy sperg white knighting apple remember?

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

rest in piss spotify

http://9to5mac.com/2015/02/04/apple-beats-cheaper-android-ios/

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

computer parts posted:

yes since it turns out that no one cares about "we did it first" since apple's experience is better

qft

once Apple sets its sights on you you are hosed . here lies Swiss watch industry, spotify, Samsung rip in piss

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

infernal machines posted:

you're the creepy sperg white knighting apple remember?

when u put it like that this makes perfect sense for yospos

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Industry executives say Apple is in talks with TV programmers about deals that would allow Apple to offer an “over the top” pay TV, service, like the one Dish has started selling with its Sling TV product, and the one Sony is getting ready to launch.

The theory is that Apple would put together bundles of programming — but not the entire TV lineup that pay TV providers generally offer — and sell it directly to consumers, over the Web. That means Apple wouldn’t be reinventing the way TV works today, but offering its own version of it, with its own interface and user experience.

Apple has shown programmers demos of the proposed service, sources say. But talks seem to be in the early stages, which means terms like pricing and timing aren’t close to being ironed out. Several programmers say they’ve yet to start talks with Apple at all.

An Apple rep declined to comment.

brap
Aug 23, 2004

Grimey Drawer

cremnob posted:

if apple search means cocoa touch finally gets fuzzy search then I will be satisfied

it's loving embarrassing that if I search for primce in the music app, prince isn't in the results

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

tim extends his hand in friendship to beleaguered samsung

http://recode.net/2015/02/04/apple-taps-samsung-to-manufacture-next-iphone-chip/

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
rip stebe

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

:cripes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU