Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

stebe was a legitimate genius visionary and also a narcissistic sociopath rear end in a top hat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
he really wasnt a visionary he had the same ideas everyone else had he was just dumb enough to try to make them happen 20 years before they were ready

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
this guaranteed that he'd be first in line when the technology actually matured but it also guaranteed 20 years of failure

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

USSMICHELLEBACHMAN posted:

he really wasnt a visionary he had the same ideas everyone else had he was just dumb enough to try to make them happen 20 years before they were ready

see: apple newton

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

lock the thread the apple trolls are out of control

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

cremnob posted:

lock the thread the apple trolls are out of control

between 1989 and 1998 apple was the biggest apple troll on earth. remember that?

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

apple makes garbage products for idiots

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Bloody posted:

apple makes garbage products for idiots

no, apple makes reasonably well designed, well built, well supported, products out of decent materials. supported by a national chain of stores and service centers.

they manage to do this while making incredible profits.

it's not some RDF voodoo magic wielded posthumously by steve job's glowering specter, it's just good business.

don't hate

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

infernal machines posted:

no, apple makes reasonably well designed, well built, well supported, products out of decent materials. supported by a national chain of stores and service centers.

it's not some RDF voodoo magic wielded posthumously by steve job's glowering specter, it's just good business.

don't hate

incorrect

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Bloody posted:

incorrect

bloody i thought u were smart

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

don't hate

made

past tense

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

they haven't completely stopped yet. at least as far as materials and support go. but yeah, they're unraveling a bit slower than the last time they lost steve. too bad he's not coming back

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

they haven't completely stopped yet. at least as far as materials and support go. but yeah, they're unraveling a bit slower than the last time they lost steve. too bad he's not coming back

i think i could take over

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

mishaq posted:

bloody i thought u were smart

:kimchi:

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

nah every smart phone is roughly equally a piece of poo poo. phones are generally garbage. micro$haft phones could maybe be good if there were any apps for it or anything but aneroid and ivesos is definitely both garbage

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

ummmm you couldn't be more wrong

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5X5cV-4LRo

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

its so loving beautiful and perfect nrghhhhhfrghbdfgf :gizz:

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
if i were steve jobs i would've killed myself just to deny any responsiblility for the concpeption of ios7

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

mods

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
beware the ives of march

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

USSMICHELLEBACHMAN posted:

beware the ives of march

this but embrace him

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

apple started their own death when they gave in and started using cisc processors. risc is, and has always been, the way of the future

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Sagebrush posted:

apple started their own death when they gave in and started using cisc processors. risc is, and has always been, the way of the future

apple literally designs their own RISC core and puts it in their most popular products

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

iphones are good. macs pro, macs mini, etc. are trash. apples aren't supposed to use cisc. timb release the arm core macbooks

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

Sagebrush posted:

iphones are good. macs pro, macs mini, etc. are trash. apples aren't supposed to use cisc. timb release the arm core macbooks

i'll thank u not to insult His work

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

Sagebrush posted:

powerpc forever

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

timb i know you have a secret build of os x for arm, release it now

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug
i know this was 3 pages ago but i'm still laughing at the concept of apple adding nfc

seriously they were always like "poo poo BE USELESS" and we're pushing for low-power bt who the the gently caress is this analyst

that's like saying apples gonna release a cheap, inexpensive net book running windows 8 to compete with dell holky gently caress

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

Sagebrush posted:

and it always will be.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
i heard the next iphone will dump ios in favor of a tweaked internal build of webos

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

come one come all to the apple bazaar

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

that looks so uncomfortable and itd spin around on your wrist

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

perhaps one of these instead?

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

note the icons far smaller than a human fingertip

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

theadder posted:

perhaps one of these instead?

that actual watch design is okay (its basically just a skagen or something) but lmao please dont put a phone on a watch

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

:horse:
~*~THE SECRET OF THE MAGICAL CRYSTALS IS THAT I'M FUCKING TERRIBLE~*~

im gonna be pretty unhappy with a phone bigger than the 5, i like the phone to fit in my pockets and make it so i don't ahve to take it out when i sit down. Maybe i should just wear cargo shorts so i can have a giant iphone

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

~*~THE SECRET OF THE MAGICAL CRYSTALS IS THAT I'M FUCKING TERRIBLE~*~

I have an LTE iPad mini RETINA i would rather use that as a phone with a pair of them headphones then use a loving giant iphone

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
if it looks very likely apple will announce an iwatch everyone here will cry "tiiimbbbbb" and say what a dumb idea it is (like the 7" tablet form factor) then when it comes out they'll buy one anyway and it'll be bad but since this place is a more shameful iyg for apple stuff we'll get pages of purchase defenses then everyone will quietly stop talking about it outside of occasionally saying it'd be good if there was a retina version for some loving reason

Otaku Alpha Male
Nov 11, 2012

bitches get ~tsundere~ when I pull out my katana
yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Otaku Alpha Male
Nov 11, 2012

bitches get ~tsundere~ when I pull out my katana
haha look at that glasshole over there

*speaks into wristwatch* siri visit something awful dot com i need to post this

• Locked thread