Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

apple sends out a card to all the press outlets. it has some lame pun about wearables or wrists or jewelry or something. on april 30th, come see what apple is wearing this summer. everyone loses their poo poo cause its ovviously the iwatch. then timb comes out and does a whole jobs style preamble where its like "we've revolutionized the computer, music, phones, pads. but what about things you wear? so we've teamed up with timex to create these revolutionary apple watches."

and its just a timex with an apple logo or something and "designed by jony in california" inscribed on it. he's like "nah we're loving with you its just a watch" they all have a good laugh and then timbs says alright here's the new macbooks

Juul-Whip fucked around with this message at 06:44 on Apr 17, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
and then he shows a two hour film of jonny ive talking about different kinds of plastic

lights come on, shows over, auditorium is cleared

when the press reaches the parking lot they find all their cars have been towed

gregday
May 23, 2003

a giant apple logo on stage splits in half vertically as a blurred mass of purple cloth comes flopping out. it is steve jobs, in full willy wonka regalia, letting us in on his death hoax

quaker69
Jul 3, 2004

Four measures of cheap Vodka combined with a bottle of Bawls
Lipstick Apathy
Actually an apple watch thats not a smartwatch sounds kind of awesome.

kind of how people thought the iphone was going to have a keyboard and poo poo and when it came out it was super simple like an ipod that took phone calls.

the iwatch will just be a super sexy watch that actually looks and behaves like a watch.. that i dont know maybe says you've got a text or email or something, prompting you check your phone like you're going to do anyhow.

or the whole thing is a hoax

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
I miss a physical keyboard/keypad. used to be way easier to text and drive or text and be in a meeting

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

BrettRobb posted:

kind of how people thought the iphone was going to have a keyboard and poo poo and when it came out it was super simple like an ipod that took phone calls.

the iwatch will just be a super sexy watch that actually looks and behaves like a watch.. that i dont know maybe says you've got a text or email or something, prompting you check your phone like you're going to do anyhow.

no no its just a regular quartz analog watch with like a silver apple logo. its just a dumb trinket like ipod socks.

quaker69
Jul 3, 2004

Four measures of cheap Vodka combined with a bottle of Bawls
Lipstick Apathy
i'd buy that

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER

THC posted:

apple sends out a card to all the press outlets. it has some lame pun about wearables or wrists or jewelry or something. on april 30th, come see what apple is wearing this summer.

the wwdc lottery email had something like "life will be better at wwdc" so healthbook

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

BrettRobb posted:

that's about the only thing that would actually be useful. use ble to push simple notifications to the watch with some slick little indicator on the watch (i dunno some small feature of the face that turns from reflective to black or something), and maybe add something like alarms/alerts that can beep and be silenced by the watch instead of the phone or an alarm that goes off when you get too far from your phone to make forgetting it a thing of the past. maybe partner with a few established high end watch manufactures but that isn't apple's thing so probably not.

slashdot will scoff about how it doesn't do 900 things like samsung's wrist brick and a fuckton of people will buy it.

Peanut and the Gang
Aug 24, 2009

by exmarx
iWatch will have a 3D hologram thing so you can do more with less.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Smythe posted:

ring ring ring ring ring ring, obamaphone

troll ur republiturd friends by telling them reagan started the free phone program for poors!!

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

THC posted:

no no its just a regular quartz analog watch with like a silver apple logo. its just a dumb trinket like ipod socks.

all watches w/ logos are poo poo

Peanut and the Gang
Aug 24, 2009

by exmarx

Shaggar posted:

all watches w/ logos are poo poo

Apple will figure out how to make it work.

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
i'm guessing the iwatches will probably come in with $99 and $199 pricepoints

obviously with healthbook functionality but likely also with some simple interface features like the 6th gen ipod nano, likely with notification hooks to the iphone

i also bet it will have interchangeable wrist straps for those accessory dollars that tim is so keen on getting

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

Shifty Pony posted:

that's about the only thing that would actually be useful. use ble to push simple notifications to the watch with some slick little indicator on the watch (i dunno some small feature of the face that turns from reflective to black or something), and maybe add something like alarms/alerts that can beep and be silenced by the watch instead of the phone or an alarm that goes off when you get too far from your phone to make forgetting it a thing of the past. maybe partner with a few established high end watch manufactures but that isn't apple's thing so probably not.

slashdot will scoff about how it doesn't do 900 things like samsung's wrist brick and a fuckton of people will buy it.

Yeah they're gonna make the Pebble

a neurotic ai
Mar 22, 2012

So basically a galaxy gear fit with an apple sticker.

Hooray. The wearables market is saved.

i don't get this health book thing somebody explain it to me i'm a bit slow. ;(

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
shazam is gonna be baked into ios

lol

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

good use of that space there

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

'optimised'

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

theyre doing it arent they =/

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
im the person making mach ups of things that dont exist

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

graph posted:

im the person making mach ups of things that dont exist

welcome to rumours

Sock on a Fish
Jul 17, 2004

What if that thing I said?

theadder posted:

theyre doing it arent they =/

hope not

bring back the 12" powerbook g4, that thing owned

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

Sock on a Fish posted:

hope not

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Peanut and the Gang posted:

Apple will figure out how to make it work.

just put it on the inside

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

indigi posted:

I miss a physical keyboard/keypad

Sock on a Fish posted:

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

indigi posted:

text and drive

I hope someone runs you over because they were loving with their phone when they needed to look at the road

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Silver Alicorn posted:

I hope someone runs you over because they were loving with their phone when they needed to look at the road

if you have a keypad and your phone does text-to-speech sms you don't even need to look at the thing to text. now you can only do it at red lights

gregday
May 23, 2003

Peanut and the Gang
Aug 24, 2009

by exmarx
Pictured: Steve Jobs with a really big boil.

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
i know the truth behind some of the rumors but i'm not going to expound on them because i don't want to get fired

Peanut and the Gang
Aug 24, 2009

by exmarx

kraftwerk singles posted:

i know the truth behind some of the rumors but i'm not going to expound on them because i don't want to get fired

Please tell us please. Give into peer pressure.

Otaku Alpha Male
Nov 11, 2012

bitches get ~tsundere~ when I pull out my katana

give us three things to choose from, one of them being true

Otaku Alpha Male
Nov 11, 2012

bitches get ~tsundere~ when I pull out my katana
coME ON

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
you can tell us, we're cool

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

nah bro it's just between you and me no one else *puts hand over mouth piece leans back and nods at ballmer and his suit wearing goons*

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

retinal imac

y/n

thx

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

give me the insider tips kraftwerk. the sec will never figure out the yospos connection

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
you cant handle the truth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

The Management posted:

you can tell us, we're cool

• Locked thread