Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
should i change the name
Yos+
YosPlus
SomethingNotAwful
something else idk
View Results

• Locked thread
anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
oh also why is "bleeders" a word filter for "provides"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

anthonypants posted:

oh also why is "bleeders" a word filter for "provides"

because I was being incredibly silly and forgot to remove the test words, ill change that later thanks

the word filters are pretty much useless anyway, i need to add stuff thats actually funny

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Valeyard posted:

because I was being incredibly silly and forgot to remove the test words, ill change that later thanks

the word filters are pretty much useless anyway, i need to add stuff thats actually funny
it's literally the only one i've noticed, what even are the word filters

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

anthonypants posted:

it's literally the only one i've noticed, what even are the word filters

once i got it working i kind of moved on and just left it, this is the yospos filter just now

code:
{"\\bspongeh\\b":"bread stymie", "\\bsteve jobs\\b":"stebe jobs", "\\bandroid\\b":"apple", "\\bprovide\\b":"bleeders", "\\bgodaddy\\b":"nodaddy", "\\bValeyard\\b":"rear end in a top hat"};

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
just spitballing here but maybe some kind of "X days since last on probation" tagline for INRI

also maybe fix the broken colours in quote highlighting. i can set new animations for the whole page, but getting them to apply to just specific posts is proving dificult with this webkit poo poo

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Valeyard posted:

just spitballing here but maybe some kind of "X days since last on probation" tagline for INRI
reversal of fortune

p.s. I thought you had a namechange

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg
I have a bug to report: firefox version currently nonexistent

fix asap pls tia

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

SymmetryrtemmyS posted:

I have a bug to report: firefox version currently nonexistent

fix asap pls tia
lol

weird
Jun 4, 2012

by zen death robot

Valeyard posted:

like me

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

anthonypants posted:

reversal of fortune

i like inri i just thought that was a funny idea, lol

nope no name change, managed to avoid that so far

alright ive finally got an idea for you

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

weird
Jun 4, 2012

by zen death robot
thats me !

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

anthonypants posted:

reversal of fortune

i just remembered that the word filter for yospos name changes me to rear end in a top hat, which is what you saw

got my web dev exam tomorrow, praying i can use some knowledge from the dev of this in the answers

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
we up to 80 users!!!!!!!

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot

Valeyard posted:

i just remembered that the word filter for yospos name changes me to rear end in a top hat, which is what you saw

got my web dev exam tomorrow, praying i can use some knowledge from the dev of this in the answers

lol web dev

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

stoutfish posted:

lol web dev

ya it was ok, i think it will be the easiest exam ill have this year anyway

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
idea; a GDT mode where a thread has infinite scrolling or something, and maybe a toggle for auto scroll

N.Z.'s Champion
Jun 8, 2003

Yam Slacker

Valeyard posted:

just like radiums code, it is a mystery

:javascript

javascipt:

:java script:

lol what the hell, i have no idea

it's an XSS prevention because in the early days of SA people would link to <a href="java script:evil_shit()">dpph babes</a>

using java script: as a pseudoprotocol isn't really done anymore by devs

edit: your middle example is "javascipt" without the r or otherwise it would be separated

N.Z.'s Champion fucked around with this message at 05:29 on May 13, 2014

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

Valeyard posted:

idea; a GDT mode where a thread has infinite scrolling or something, and maybe a toggle for auto scroll

ooooh i like this

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
make the submit button randomly (say, 1/50) turn into a logout button. Label it clearly as a logout button too.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Valeyard posted:

So I actually did it and added it to - https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/bipfbhacdgoojjfblifgjadhabepbekm/

It's just uploaded so it will take a while for the change to reflect on the store page, whenever it hits v1.2 is when it will be working

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3602154&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=2

I loaded up that GIF thread and the top value is with the lazy load option turned off, bottom value is with the option turned on. As you scroll down the page the other images will load when they are about to come into view

Enjoy!

added lazyload support that you can toggle on and off

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Wild EEPROM posted:

- revert to the old style navigation instead of that popup box thing when you mouseover the breadcrumbs (the something awful forums > discussion > serious hardware / software crap > yospos)

- an ignore feature that removes every trace of the person you are ignoring including quotes and threads

these are coming next

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

added a toggle for the old style (ish) breadcrumbs and fixed the tweet embed that ia pparently broke

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
what about an option to turn the friends list into a white list for posts, so you only see posts/threads from people on your friends list

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Valeyard posted:

what about an option to turn the friends list into a white list for posts, so you only see posts/threads from people on your friends list

imo it wouldn't get much use but there are probably people who'd like it

i don't really cotton to insular fuckers but ho well if people want to live in an annoying to set-up bubble go ahead and enable them

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/Oatgan/status/468570331817734145

Valeyard fucked around with this message at 02:39 on May 24, 2014

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
i like this, thanks

https://twitter.com/Myrmecos/status/468443286953549824

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell
I have a bug report: the video of you singing the russian national anthem doesn't seem to load; pls fix

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

Sir DonkeyPunch posted:

I have a bug report:

Glans Dillzig
Nov 23, 2011

:justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost:

knickerbocker expert
hey valeyard why does the tweet embed work in posts and then when scrolling down from the "post" screen, but not when the post with the tweet is quoted

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
its apparently nothing to do with it being quoted (see my previous post a few posts above which i just edited)

it seems to only display the tweet once on a page, i think i just need to fiddle around with the id stuff but ill do it tomorrow

https://twitter.com/Oatgan/status/468570331817734145/

https://twitter.com/Myrmecos/status/468443286953549824/photo/1

Valeyard fucked around with this message at 01:33 on May 25, 2014

Glans Dillzig
Nov 23, 2011

:justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost:

knickerbocker expert

Valeyard posted:

its apparently nothing to do with it being quoted (see my previous post a few posts above which i just edited)

it seems to only display the tweet once on a page, i think i just need to fiddle around with the id stuff but ill do it tomorrow

lmao @ reading posts

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Valeyard posted:

https://twitter.com/Oatgan/status/468570331817734145/

https://twitter.com/Myrmecos/status/468443286953549824/photo/1

ignore this quote but im working on the autoscrolling feature for the CJS (and any other thread, but mainly this one) that just keeps loading posts

these embeded tweets are so hosed lol

Valeyard fucked around with this message at 22:43 on May 22, 2014

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
looks like ive pretty much got the autoupdate thread working, i think

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Valeyard posted:

looks like ive pretty much got the autoupdate thread working, i think

this could be troublesome as i remember hearing somewhere that sa's servers are old and busted

excuse me, server, the other one is currently off

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

syscall girl posted:

this could be troublesome as i remember hearing somewhere that sa's servers are old and busted

excuse me, server, the other one is currently off

good point, i need to find a fast moving thread and test it oiut when its actually working - its working in random threads just now

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
i suppose the thread list of yospos could also auto update every x seconds, that would be easy

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
i'm not gon read this thread to find out what this thin does why shohld i install it

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

echinopsis posted:

i'm not gon read this thread to find out what this thin does why shohld i install it

you remember the Ninterndo Seal of Approval? well my posts are like that same seal

it wont make things any worse for you, and will probably makes things slightly better

just maybe turn off the embed tweet option for now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
ill do one more update to this, clean it up and make sure everything works and then set about the offpos

• Locked thread