Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
L_Harrison
May 22, 2007

Trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kL0EB6Fd-xk

It's been a couple of years since the last entry in the Trials franchise of finger-breaking motorcycle games, but the latest release, Trials Fusion, is just on the horizon. RedLynx's newest title will have all the familiar mechanics as the previous games, with tracks of increasing difficulty and length, and obstacles that are sure to make your thumbs hurt just by thinking about them. And that's only if you want to complete the track, god forbid you try and get a platinum time!

Trials Fusion will release with a base number of tracks on par with Evolution, and some 1000+ plus objects to fool around with in the track editor at your leisure. If the last game is any indication, then the innovation and complexity of the user-created content is going to be a spectacle all on its own.

Trials Fusion will also be the first game in the series to launch with a Season Pass, with a reported six expansions that RedLynx is planning for the year after release. Each content update will come with new tracks and a new set of obstacles for the level-editor.

The biggest change for the game over its predecessor, however, is the addition of tricks, adding to the flips that could already be performed by rotating the thumbstick in Evolution. Now, each track has a leaderboard and challenges for time and points, so if perfecting your line wasn't enough already, you can go back through and do absurd stunts to bring out that inner button-smashing demon you've been hiding inside of you since the last game.

In addition to the numerous hidden easter eggs, secret puzzles, four-player multiplayer, and those pesky squirrels that are always sticking their noses in our motorcycle games, Trials Fusion will come with the DLC BMX bike from the previous game, as well as an all new quad bike.

Trials Fusion will be available on Xbox One, PS4, and Xbox 360 on April 16th, and PC on April 24th for $19.99. With Season Pass included is $39.99. Prepare Your Thumbs!

As with Trials Evolution, SA has a small group of daring riders to partake in the dangerous trails. Let's become friends and dominate the tracks together.

Just how in the hell do I do tricks?

Tricks are performed by moving the right thumbstick in the air, and will vary depending on the orientation of the bike. Also, some tricks are simple, requiring only one movement of the stick, while others require multiple. Here's a handy stolen borrowed guide:

Where is multiplayer?

Trials Fusion releases with local 4-player multiplayer only. Online multiplayer is finally here!

Can I add goons as friends so my times don't look so terrible?

Something Awful has a few brave riders to tame the tracks. Names are listed separated by commas. If you want to be added, post in the thread.

Xbox360: L Harrison, pvax, Spaz Rx, Brothusela, adhuin, Herr Tykje, japtor, shean2theo,
XBONE: TK Four Two One, Agoat944, Matazar,
PS4: PirateNippie, Banzai324, XenoCrash14, Porksmash, JACKALJOSH, Exemptmule72, rdominick, iamvexed, Utnayan, PlainZombie, Iceman2343, magimix2000, BootyclapQueen, bifebife, Katkilad, BrownThunder85, HalseySpartan2, theqat, pinion1313, Harukochan, BensNotWriting, Flerpz, Steve2911, chamber9verse32, mattnotgeorge, phentyn

PC players have a fancy list:

tehsid posted:

I made a spread sheet for PC users using uplay. Hope it makes finding goons to have on your leader board easier!

Submit Uplay Doc
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1Y9D59F6fDJ808_GeGL3f3SppAoTyAkCPCipCeFvip-k/viewform?usp=send_form

View Submission
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AhRKoo69SzYFdDBSelVCZWVycDhyY0hsTlRXV2NLMkE#gid=0

L_Harrison fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Jan 22, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

I assume each system will have its own user-created tracks, and one shared on 360 can't pop up on the next-gen consoles?

Trials Evolution was the one game where I loved the user-created materials and found it integral to the experience. I don't know if I'm going to buy Fusion for the 360 or hold off and wait until I buy a ps4 in a few months.

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001
My passive aggressive shilling for Microsoft has gone beyond weird obsession levels. I have no attachment to reality outside of my feelings for a plastic box. I should shut my fat fucking mouth and stop trying to do PR for a billion dollar corp
Slight correction for you, OP: the PC version releases on the 24th.

So god drat hype for this game. The 24th is going to mark the start of a serious loss of sleep.

PirateNipple
Apr 5, 2004

PS4 Trials goons should add PirateNippie (ie at the end, not le) for leaderboard-type reasons, I'll be playing the hell out of this one.

edit - fixed my name

PirateNipple fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Apr 17, 2014

het
Nov 14, 2002

A dark black past
is my most valued
possession

Narcissus1916 posted:

Trials Evolution was the one game where I loved the user-created materials and found it integral to the experience.
Yeah there was a long time where I played nothing but Trials Evolution, just playing the highest rated tracks from the past month/week

Banzai 3
May 8, 2007
I'm only here for the weekly 24 bitchfest.
Pillbug

PirateNipple posted:

PS4 Trials goons should add PirateNipple for leaderboard-type reasons, I'll be playing the hell out of this one.

I'm Banzai324 on PS4, and you should all add me, as well.

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:
Dean "Titty Master" Ambrose
Anyone else having it completely refuse to connect to the uPlay servers on PS4?

Banzai 3
May 8, 2007
I'm only here for the weekly 24 bitchfest.
Pillbug

Stealthed Zombie posted:

Anyone else having it completely refuse to connect to the uPlay servers on PS4?

Yes. I finally got connected, only to have the game need to save for 30+ seconds anytime I complete a run. It definitely breaks the flow but I'm sure it's a temporary server issue.

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:

Banzai 3 posted:

Yes. I finally got connected, only to have the game need to save for 30+ seconds anytime I complete a run. It definitely breaks the flow but I'm sure it's a temporary server issue.

Alright, just wanted to make sure it's not me! I guess I'll just play without leader boards?

Behonkiss
Feb 10, 2005

Stealthed Zombie posted:

Alright, just wanted to make sure it's not me! I guess I'll just play without leader boards?

And without custom tracks, unfortunately (Though I guess it encourages me to try out the track creator myself).

This game seems really slick from what I've played so far, though if you're not the type to go for perfect runs on every level, it seems like you'll get through the whole thing pretty quick. Good thing it sounds like there will be more level pack add-ons than Evolution.

atholbrose
Feb 28, 2001

Splish!

That whole thing about not connecting to Uplay kind of bites -- I was really looking forward to messing with the sample track editor tracks. I got half-connected for a little while -- enough to see some usernames on the track during a run, and to see there were 39 tracks available in the custom track area, but I couldn't play any of them. Aww.

Behonkiss posted:

This game seems really slick from what I've played so far, though if you're not the type to go for perfect runs on every level, it seems like you'll get through the whole thing pretty quick. Good thing it sounds like there will be more level pack add-ons than Evolution.
Well, Trials is all about trying over and over and over...I just did that with the first skill-game level, where you have to ride without shifting your balance. Only took 45 or so tries.

Have I told y'all that I'm kind of poo poo at Trials? Love the game, though.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Can someone hit me on the head with precisely the force needed to render me unconscious until the 24th?

XenoCrab
Mar 30, 2012

XenoCrab is the least important character in the Alien movie franchise. He's not even in the top ten characters.
Anyone on PS4 should add me as well: XenoCrash14

Also, how the gently caress do you do the Big Air skill game properly. I can't get more than ~35 meters.

porksmash
Sep 30, 2008
PS4 here: Porksmash

XenoCrab posted:

Also, how the gently caress do you do the Big Air skill game properly. I can't get more than ~35 meters.

If you release before your bike actually leaves the ramp, right around the middle of the flat at the end, I've found you get a lot further. Rocking forward at the same time helps too. Then again I've only gotten to ~75m so maybe there is a better way.

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

I didn't make this, but it's very useful.

FMX cheat sheet:

TK_421
Aug 26, 2005

I find your lack of faith disturbing.
Xboner here, downloading now. Add me, GT is "TK Four Two One"

psychoJ
Feb 24, 2011

Smart and cool, handsome, wealthy and so sexy
Just got to the set of levels that can be called Hard, and yuuup this is some goddamn Trials alright. Can't wait for more user generated tracks to get made, Evolution had some preeetty crazy poo poo up there.

I absolutely love how much the title screen music reminds me of Space Olympics.

(I'm on PS4 if anyone wants to add me. PSN is JACKALJOSH(my name is lovely i know))

Behonkiss
Feb 10, 2005
Thought I'd mention this for people who didn't check the options menu and might be finding the repeated voices grating when going for perfect runs: You can turn Cindy the AI and the announcer guy off in the Settings menu under "Announcers".

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
Game is up for download on 360. Alright fingers, let's see if you remember how to do this.

Edit: Some of the track challenges are incredible. There's a portal behind the start line at Dirt Derby that turns the camera into a chase camera, and you have to complete the course using it. Oh Redlynx :allears:. I'm sure there's even crazier ones later on. The interface will take some time to adjust to.

L_Harrison fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Apr 16, 2014

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

The eurogamer review mentioned that the 360 version has some bad cases of pop-in (and the weaker resolution at 600p) but I'm leaning towards that version just because I assume large chunks of the fan-creators will stay on the 360 for at least a while.

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

One of these days these elbows are gonna walk all over you

gibbed posted:

I didn't make this, but it's very useful.

FMX cheat sheet:

Oh good god how I have wanted this. Will be printing it out to keep next to my desk because I've hated all the FMX stuff because trying to pull off tricks has been a lesson in frustration.

I was also really tempted to cancel my PC pre-order because I want to play all of Trials now, then I realized most of the reason I play is to compete in the leaderboards with other people and I have more PC uPlay people than PS4.

Feel free to add scudly to get PC competition

Bigsteve
Dec 15, 2000

Cock It!
Add me on PS4 if you want: Exemptmule72

atholbrose
Feb 28, 2001

Splish!

Added some PS4 players from the thread; if anyone wants to add me my PSN ID is rdominick.

I can connect to the custom tracks and leaderboards now but still no Uplay. Played a delightful custom track called "Flight".

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

Twenty-five dollars and a six pack to my name
PC player here: zbychomowca

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007

Narcissus1916 posted:

The eurogamer review mentioned that the 360 version has some bad cases of pop-in (and the weaker resolution at 600p) but I'm leaning towards that version just because I assume large chunks of the fan-creators will stay on the 360 for at least a while.

It definitely does, especially when reseting to a previous checkpoint, sometimes the textures on certain objects will take a second or two to 'pop' back in. The backgrounds were definitely designed for the next-generation consoles and PC, but it really doesn't bother me too much.

Edit: Added the trick guide to the OP for easy access once this thread gets multiple pages.

L_Harrison fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Apr 16, 2014

go speed racer go
Dec 11, 2006

~wat it do, dough~
Throwing my name in there for PS4: iamvexed

This is the first Trials games I've ever played and I'm absolutely hooked.

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002
PROUD MEMBER OF THE RAPIST DEFENSE BRIGADE! DO NOT BE MEAN TO RAPISTS, OR I WILL VOTE FOR THEM WITH EVER INCREASING VIGOR!
PS4: Utnayan

I downloaded the demo but have yet to play it. This will be the first game of the series I play, but it looks hilariously fun. Especially with the track creator.

Would it be possible for the OP to add PS4/PC/360 specific gamer tags to add? May be too much work, but would be awfully nice.

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

Serious question: Are the PS4/PC versions sharing a user-level server this time? Or is every version going to have a completely different set of levels online again?

To this day, the 360 version of Trials Evo is still the best, because it got two really beefy expansions that opened up level editing a ton.

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:
I'm PlainZombie on PSN if people want to friend me and do trials challenging or whatever.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

The two expansions for Evolution were totally worth it - some of the best track designs the series has ever had. And some of the skill games are nutty as all get-out.

Played trials fusion on the 360 and I think I'll hold off for a next-gen version for now. The texture pop-in doesn't bother me, but the 600p resolution really hurts. I guess its better than a bad framerate, but ick - subHD quality really makes a big difference.

The idea of three challenges per level is great, though.

Iceman2343
May 7, 2007

I'll take the Job.

I am playing this on PS4 as Iceman2343 if you want to add me for leaderboard purposes.

Delusibeta
Aug 7, 2013

Let's ride together.
PC user here, and my username is Delusibeta on there. Add for leaderboards and stuff.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

So "too many faults" is still a thing. And they don't warn you ahead of time anymore, either.

This game starts out much easier than any of the previous Trials games, but the extreme tracks are just as rageworthy as always, once you get to them.

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

MY FAT WAIFU!!! :love:
She's fetish efficient :3:

Nap Ghost
For those of you on PS4 that cannot get hooked into uPlay, someone over on the RedLynx forums found a workaround that has been working for some people (myself included).

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/870026-Cannot-connect-to-Ubisoft-servers-on-PS4?p=9920738&viewfull=1#post9920738

Some helpful person posted:

I have a workaround, at least this worked for me! Simply go to the dashboard and choose Trials Fusion, don't start just yet. Press down twice and find some content information such as Season Pass etc. Now click on the "Hue Bike Upgrade". I noticed this "upgrade" had a UPlay logo!

You will be taken to the PS4 web browser and navigated to UPlay.com. Log in using your credentials, they'll work this time.

Next start Trials.. it worked for me!

As for the game itself... Having spent the evening grinding out enough medals to get at the extremes, and then sampling a couple of those[1], I think it safe to say I've been thoroughly enjoying the game. I also really like the trick system, and look forward to spending more time with that. Add "magimix2000" to your PSN friends if you want someone else to crush underfoot on the leaderboards.

[1] They seem to ramp up quickly. First track bullied through with 21 faults, next track kicked me in the nads repeatedly for 158 faults :gonk:

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001
My passive aggressive shilling for Microsoft has gone beyond weird obsession levels. I have no attachment to reality outside of my feelings for a plastic box. I should shut my fat fucking mouth and stop trying to do PR for a billion dollar corp

Narcissus1916 posted:

The two expansions for Evolution were totally worth it - some of the best track designs the series has ever had. And some of the skill games are nutty as all get-out.
Yeah, the DLC packs were paid DLC done right. For five bucks apiece they added 30 or so new tracks (split between SP and MP), a new bike, new rider gear, new skill games, new tournaments, and an entirely new island with shittons of new gear for the editor. And that's not "all that across both DLCs," that's one set of the above for each of the two DLC packs. Compare that to Halo or CoD where you pay ten to fifteen bucks for three or four multiplayer maps, end of list. It's not even a contest.

PirateNipple
Apr 5, 2004

I fixed my account name, it's actually piratenippie, with an ie at the end (did it to circumvent the filter whenever I created it). So PS4 dudes go add me now!

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

As much as I love the Trials series (a lot), I'm holding off for a steep sale on Fusion, because it looks like it has the rough same amount of content as Evo, but they're selling it for twice the price - $30, up from $15 - and then want to charge another $30 for a DLC season pass.

The fact that it's co-developed by a bunch of Ubi studios rather than just being a pure Redlynx joint is worrying, too.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Sooo there's no online multiplayer? Who thought that was a good idea?

Delusibeta
Aug 7, 2013

Let's ride together.

Dominic White posted:

As much as I love the Trials series (a lot), I'm holding off for a steep sale on Fusion, because it looks like it has the rough same amount of content as Evo, but they're selling it for twice the price - $30, up from $15 - and then want to charge another $30 for a DLC season pass.

The fact that it's co-developed by a bunch of Ubi studios rather than just being a pure Redlynx joint is worrying, too.

Wrong: it's $20. Sure, it's a price increase over Evo, which is a bit cheeky, but it's no way a doubling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

Delusibeta posted:

Wrong: it's $20. Sure, it's a price increase over Evo, which is a bit cheeky, but it's no way a doubling.

For Europe, it's very nearly double. About $27-29 depending which region in particular.

• Locked thread