Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
On PS4 as theqat. I suck :downs: But I need more PSN friends so please do add

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maximum Planck
Feb 16, 2012

Terminally Bored posted:

It'll be rough, let me tell you. The latest beta patches really helped in my case, but I've got i5 2500K with ATI 6950 and playing on medium details. So if you're looking at playing on an older rig then I'd expect trouble. Maybe wait for a demo? It should appear on Uplay after the game's out, Evo Gold got one.

Manac0r posted:

This game is definitely more demanding, and the beta runs terrible on windows 8.1 Quad core 680m laptop, I m talking sub 30 FPS regardless of settings. Wait till full release and I will try it out on several rigs, and see if full release is more optimized.

It is more demanding regardless...

Thanks. Here's hoping the devs manage to iron out the performance issues, but after Evo Gold's PC port I'm not holding my breath. :shobon:

plape tickler
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Here's the ps4 group up to this point. I'm going to batch add you all.

PirateNippie
Banzai324
XenoCrash14
JACKALJOSH
Porksmash
Exemptmule72
rdominick
iamvexed
Utnayan
Iceman2343
BootyclapQueen
bifebife
Katkilad
BrownThunder85
theqat
pinion1313
HalseySpartan2
BensNotWriting

plape tickler fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Apr 19, 2014

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

plape tickler posted:

PirateNippie
Banzai324
XenoCrash14
JACKALJOSH
Porksmash
Exemptmule72
rdominick
iamvexed
Utnayan
Iceman2343
BootyclapQueen
bifebife
Katkilad
BrownThunder85
theqat
pinion1313

Don't forget me! HalseySpartan2

plape tickler
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Whoops I quickly searched for ps4 on each page. Added you to the list.

Does the ps4 batch friend request thing send duplicates to people already on your friend list? I'm guessing it won't go through if they're already on it?

plape tickler fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Apr 18, 2014

porksmash
Sep 30, 2008

plape tickler posted:

Does the ps4 batch friend request thing send duplicates to people already on your friend list? I'm guessing it won't go through if they're already on it?

The app appears to filter out friends that area already on your list. I just copy/pasted the entire list HonorableTB posted, but when I clicked the 'insert into list' button it trimmed it down to 10 names.

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

plape tickler posted:

I have a lot more people than that showing up in the leaderboards, which is why I suggested batch adding everyone from the PS4 list thread I linked, the friend limit on PS4 is 2000 and there's only ~300 goons in the list.

plape tickler
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

porksmash posted:

The app appears to filter out friends that area already on your list. I just copy/pasted the entire list HonorableTB posted, but when I clicked the 'insert into list' button it trimmed it down to 10 names.

You seem to be correct. Although I added everyone using the app last winter and now 253 out of the 308 on the list were sent. Hopefully I'm not spamming the poo poo out of everyone.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
How do you batch add people on the PS4?

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007

magimix posted:

I got to within sight of the finish line, and then accidentally hit 'restart track'. I'd be raging but, well, I'm not convinced I'd have finished the track before hitting either the fault limit, or time limit. Still, so close...

The worst part of Inferno IV is the wheel-to-stack of barrels jump followed by a lucky pogo over explosive barrels. That's where my faults always accumulate the most, no matter how well I did on the rest of the course. I think you would have made it, though. That last section isn't too bad in comparison to everything else.

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

MY FAT WAIFU!!! :love:
She's fetish efficient :3:

Nap Ghost

L_Harrison posted:

The worst part of Inferno IV is the wheel-to-stack of barrels jump followed by a lucky pogo over explosive barrels. That's where my faults always accumulate the most, no matter how well I did on the rest of the course. I think you would have made it, though. That last section isn't too bad in comparison to everything else.

Yeah, that one is super-loving technical, and was for me yesterday's show-stopper. I may have managed to get passed it today, but I in no way have the obstacle figured out - I got close enough to bully my way over it is all. Right now at least, Inferno IV is feeling more unrelentingly tough than Inferno III. Hell, all the extremes bar the first one have a healthy dose, "Fuckin' WHAT?!" :stare:

Edit: Actually, drop me a hint, here. That final obstacle - can you pause at the top, or is it very much a compound obstacle where you need to be up and over without stopping? I'm assuming the latter, but as someone who hasn't passed it yet, I'm curious :haw:

magimix fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Apr 18, 2014

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

HonorableTB posted:

How do you batch add people on the PS4?
I posted about it earlier in the thread. Maybe it could go into the OP?

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007

magimix posted:

Edit: Actually, drop me a hint, here. That final obstacle - can you pause at the top, or is it very much a compound obstacle where you need to be up and over without stopping? I'm assuming the latter, but as someone who hasn't passed it yet, I'm curious :haw:

In my experience, you can't stop on the incline ramp, as you need enough momentum to take the leap. So you land on it back-wheel first and power forward, and then I stop on the final little platform with the front wheel on the brake, and gradually let the bike fall down and bunny hop to the finish.

Using the front brake to get the bike up on tall obstacles is really a trick that the game should teach. It's pretty much essential for some of the stuff in the extremes, if you don't want to tear your hair out.

Edit: Actually, you might be able to stop at the bottom and get a big enough run. I honestly can't remember what I did on my runs.

L_Harrison fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Apr 19, 2014

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001
My passive aggressive shilling for Microsoft has gone beyond weird obsession levels. I have no attachment to reality outside of my feelings for a plastic box. I should shut my fat fucking mouth and stop trying to do PR for a billion dollar corp
Finally grabbed the PC Beta and tried the game out. Runs really smoothly on my PC (i5-750, GTX670, 16MB RAM, Win 7 64).

Also, god drat, where did the hour between install and now go? Dat Trials addiction is still strong as gently caress.

Uplay name is GrtGildersneeze, Steam is TheGreatGildersneeze. Not sure which you need to get my leaderboard times or whichever, but add me if you're up for some comparisons!

tehsid
Dec 24, 2007

Nobility is sadly overrated.
I made a spread sheet for PC users using uplay. Hope it makes finding goons to have on your leader board easier!

Submit Uplay Doc
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1Y9D59F6fDJ808_GeGL3f3SppAoTyAkCPCipCeFvip-k/viewform?usp=send_form

View Submission
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AhRKoo69SzYFdDBSelVCZWVycDhyY0hsTlRXV2NLMkE#gid=0

tehsid fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Apr 19, 2014

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Okay, I'm definitely a fan now. Next time this game's predecessor goes on sale on Steam, I'm going to grab it.

However, I know I always harp about this, but would it have killed them to include a female player model? Do any of the other Trials games have that choice?

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Apr 19, 2014

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

Nap Ghost

It broke my mojo; ground it into dust and rubbed my face in it... :bang:

Dr Sun Try
May 23, 2009

Plaster Town Cop

tehsid posted:

I made a spread sheet for PC users using uplay. Hope it makes finding goons to have on your leader board easier!

Submit Uplay Doc
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1Y9D59F6fDJ808_GeGL3f3SppAoTyAkCPCipCeFvip-k/viewform?usp=send_form

View Submission
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AhRKoo69SzYFdDBSelVCZWVycDhyY0hsTlRXV2NLMkE#gid=0

Just wanted to thank you for this, it's really silly, that the PC version doesn't support steam friends.

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:
Dean "Titty Master" Ambrose
I batch added folks from that list, but forgot a dumb message :(

If you're on that list and get a Friend Request from PlainZombie, that's me!

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.
Either my time online playing trials mode made me much better at the medium tier levels or RedLynx has gone back to the "gently caress you, no more training wheels" difficulty ramp from Trials HD. The difficulty curve seems harsher than Evo.

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

Nap Ghost

Arms_Akimbo posted:

Either my time online playing trials mode made me much better at the medium tier levels or RedLynx has gone back to the "gently caress you, no more training wheels" difficulty ramp from Trials HD. The difficulty curve seems harsher than Evo.

I think in a sense they actually made the ramp too shallow; they kind of ran out of tiers with which to escalate difficulty before hitting the extremes. Its all very straightforward and then suddenly you hit the extremes. The extreme tracks are suitably extreme, but the hard tracks are too easy, and as such don't prepare you for extreme.

Edit: Extremely extreme extremeness :argh:

PepperSinclaire
Jan 21, 2007

But everyone's doooing it!
The way they've meddled with the difficuly curve has left me cold compared to Evo. I made my way through Easy & Medium fast, but once I hit Hard I came up against too many jumps needing perfect bunny hops / landings (or the two combined), and now I'm at that I want to snap my controller in two level of frustration. Meddling with the track creator is a good way of soothing the nerves though, nice serene music.

If anyone wants to add me and look at my terrible PS4 ghost times, I'm on there as BensNotWriting. I've not joined the master PS4 goon list yet.

plape tickler
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I have no idea how to land jumps consistently off a bunny hop. I'll randomly pull off a good enough landing to hop to another ledge once but I swear I'll do the same thing again and I'll lose all my momentum. I've been watching replays from skilled players and their back tire seems to snap into place after every jump and touch the ground with a thumping sound I rarely get. I've been trying to land parallel to the surfaces which doesn't seem to be working. Any tips?

updated ps4 list

PirateNippie
Banzai324
XenoCrash14
JACKALJOSH
Porksmash
Exemptmule72
rdominick
iamvexed
Utnayan
Iceman2343
BootyclapQueen
bifebife
Katkilad
BrownThunder85
theqat
pinion1313
HalseySpartan2
BensNotWriting

plape tickler fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Apr 19, 2014

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
Ugh the "Hard" levels are ball bustingly difficult. I am stuck on the first one where you get a short ramp that goes up at a very low angle, then you have a jump ending in a platform that's at a higher altitude than the ramp was. It's goddamn impossible.

TK_421
Aug 26, 2005

I find your lack of faith disturbing.

HonorableTB posted:

Ugh the "Hard" levels are ball bustingly difficult. I am stuck on the first one where you get a short ramp that goes up at a very low angle, then you have a jump ending in a platform that's at a higher altitude than the ramp was. It's goddamn impossible.

Just wait till you hit the extreme tracks. I've faulted out on all but one of them.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

If you think the hard tracks are bad you will want to die on the extreme tracks.

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

Nap Ghost

HonorableTB posted:

I'd give advice, but having just replayed the first hard track, I'm not seeing the obstacle that matches your description. Would you be able to provide a screenshot?

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
I don't remember which tracks I did it on, but some of the "hard" tracks are a lot easier with the heavy motor motorcycle in my opinion. So maybe give that a try. Personally the "Hard" tracks feel a lot easier to me compared to previous versions of Trials.

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

Nap Ghost

katkillad2 posted:

I don't remember which tracks I did it on, but some of the "hard" tracks are a lot easier with the heavy motor motorcycle in my opinion. So maybe give that a try. Personally the "Hard" tracks feel a lot easier to me compared to previous versions of Trials.

I'm in two minds about it. While I did find the hard tracks easy to gold, I went into Fusion with goodness knows how many hours of Evo in total (across PC and 360) under the belt.

I imagine that had I gone from, say, HD to Fusion, I'd have found things much, much tougher.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
My first try at a hard track, 25 faults. I think this is gonna be a long road.

edit: why isn't the title of this thread "welcome to the future"?

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001
My passive aggressive shilling for Microsoft has gone beyond weird obsession levels. I have no attachment to reality outside of my feelings for a plastic box. I should shut my fat fucking mouth and stop trying to do PR for a billion dollar corp

Samurai Sanders posted:

edit: why isn't the title of this thread "welcome to the future"?
Although I've only played the PC beta and not the full release, this is the one disappointment so far. The generic-rear end "welcome to the future" title track does absolutely nothing to pump me up to play the game where Dico's goofy freestyles in Evo were like mini hype-generators every time I booted up.

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

Nap Ghost

TheGreatGildersneeze posted:

Although I've only played the PC beta and not the full release, this is the one disappointment so far. The generic-rear end "welcome to the future" title track does absolutely nothing to pump me up to play the game where Dico's goofy freestyles in Evo were like mini hype-generators every time I booted up.

Whatever it lacks in pumped-upness, it seems to more than make up in burrow-into-your-mind and keep-you-up-at-night-ness. Or is that just me? :negative:

But seriously, I full-on actually had trouble drifting off the other night because strains of that song were playing in mind head and I couldn't stop it. :stare:

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
It reminds me of Far Cry: Blood Dragon, and that is a VERY good thing.

edit: the track packs they release, will they be of every difficulty level, or just hard?

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Apr 19, 2014

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Samurai Sanders posted:

It reminds me of Far Cry: Blood Dragon, and that is a VERY good thing.

edit: the track packs they release, will they be of every difficulty level, or just hard?

Every difficulty. More focused on Medium+, but there will be some beginner tracks as well.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
I can't believe the endurance you guys must have to get to 500 faults without freaking out and ragequitting/punching a hole in your monitor.

Behonkiss
Feb 10, 2005
Has anyone heard anything from RedLynx regarding when they'll be uploading the track creator tutorial to that RedLynxTV YouTube channel the game advertised?

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
I'm convinced that whoever designed the 'invisible bike' challenge for Inferno IV is a sadist.

Also it's interesting that the 'Fifth Key' achievement has yet to be discovered. Involves finding something in the track editor. I did some searching without any results, and apparently people have been looking quite a while. Nothing yet.

Edit: Also, if you zero-fault an extreme track and bail out at the end, there's warp portals for ninja-difficulty versions of the track. This game :psyduck:

L_Harrison fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Apr 20, 2014

het
Nov 14, 2002

A dark black past
is my most valued
possession

magimix posted:

I'm in two minds about it. While I did find the hard tracks easy to gold, I went into Fusion with goodness knows how many hours of Evo in total (across PC and 360) under the belt.
Yeah, the gold times especially seem easy. And there's like medium tracks where gold lets you have a fault or two, it's crazy. I guess plat is the new gold?

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

Nap Ghost

het posted:

Yeah, the gold times especially seem easy. And there's like medium tracks where gold lets you have a fault or two, it's crazy. I guess plat is the new gold?

Medal inflation? I can buy that. Maybe one of the future updates will be the "Gold-pressed Latinum" medal-tier? :haw:

In other news, some posts over on Red Lynx forums indicate that every extreme track has a *more extreme* warp-version of it you can find if zero-fault the track and bail at the end. So yeah, that'll be something I only see in Youtube videos :stare:

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/871516-Redlynx-s-First-Fusion-Ninja-Track-In-quot-Warp-Zone-5-quot
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/871582-5-Secret-Ninja-Tracks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

het
Nov 14, 2002

A dark black past
is my most valued
possession

magimix posted:

Medal inflation? I can buy that. Maybe one of the future updates will be the "Gold-pressed Latinum" medal-tier? :haw:
In fairness, when I went back to the early tracks with the Pit Viper, I was still .5-1 second off the plat time on my retries, so maybe it's not too bad.

quote:

In other news, some posts over on Red Lynx forums indicate that every extreme track has a *more extreme* warp-version of it you can find if zero-fault the track and bail at the end. So yeah, that'll be something I only see in Youtube videos :stare:
Haha I don't think I've ever zero-faulted an extreme track

• Locked thread