Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

newspaper twitter or w/e posted:

Ben Kuzma ‏@benkuzma
Henrik Sedin on his injuries: "The faceoff thing was a finger, so I had a tough time. The rib, I tried to come back before the Olympics."

Jason Botchford ‏@botchford
Henrik: My oblique muscle (tear) was the biggest issue. The rib got better.
what the gently caress henrik. why are you playing through that. how are you playing through that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trevor Bird
Apr 1, 2006

On a mountain of skulls, in the castle of pain, I sat on a throne of blood! What was will be! What is will be no more! Now is the season of evil! LET'S GO PRED-A-TORS!

deafmute posted:

The Nashville Predators didn't allow a shorthanded goal all season

an NHL record :toot:

Good Canadian Boy
May 12, 2013

I'll take Trotz to the Leafs k thx

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
It's cool how Kessel would probably be up for the Hart if the Leafs were in the playoffs and now he's a B-. Kessel has now finished 6th, 7th and 6th in points in the last 3 years.

Plus getting on Kadri for uh... trying, and succeeding, at drawing penalties?

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

INSPECTAH DECK posted:

It's cool how Kessel would probably be up for the Hart if the Leafs were in the playoffs and now he's a B-. Kessel has now finished 6th, 7th and 6th in points in the last 3 years.

Plus getting on Kadri for uh... trying, and succeeding, at drawing penalties?

i dont think he would be in the top 3

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES
the new york islanders arent even going to attempt to hire barry trotz and that is loving unacceptable

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Verviticus posted:

i dont think he would be in the top 3
Of course this is alternate history planet where the Leafs get the 10 more points they need and the resulting changes in the media talk that entails but right now I think Giroux is the third nom and it's about as weak as you'll ever get.

deafmute
Jun 24, 2003

You can't choke if you chew forever
:dukedog:
Coyotes Reporter: Talked to all 7 #Coyotes UFAs today. The only 1 who sounded certain about his future was D Derek Morris. He seemed to know he won't be back.

Good luck with that whoever signs him. He could still be an alright 6/7 depth dman but his skating/speed have declined over the last 2 years enough that he needs to play with an anchor type guy to not be a complete liability.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line
So just having a look at capgeek for the nucks, looks like Kassian, Schroeder, Dalpe, Tanev, and Weber are coming up on RFA, and Santorelli and Alberts are UFA.

Seems we'll have around 9 million to play with, who gets resigned/dropped?

Probably: Kassian (hopefully for no more than Richardson right now), Santorelli (hopefully for less than a million, but apart from the injury he was great and could probably ask for more), Tanev (gonna get paid :( ) maaaybe Schroeder although not if he wants more than what he's getting now and the same for Dalpe. Let Alberts walk (can we do this if he's LTIR?) and maybe don't resign Weber although he's looked okay on the PP.

E: Markstrom is earning more than Lack :psyduck:

Wippersnapper
Nov 1, 2003

Stealing your favourite hockey teams
...in spirit.
Does anyone else find it fantastic that the Edmonton Oilers have a draft lottery simulator?

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES

i'm getting a suspicious amount of toronto hits :tinfoil:

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

the oilers won 8 times in a row for me

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 edition!

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

gosh! i like both the islanders and the rangers!!! :^)

whatis posted:

Arthur Staple ‏@StapeNewsday 43m
Garth Snow tells Newsday that Jack Capuano "will be back next season." Story to come. #Isles

"my point to all of this is that garth snow has really done the best he can to improve this team"

a false posted:

the new york islanders arent even going to attempt to hire barry trotz and that is loving unacceptable

What's next, Islanders? Are you "happy with [your] goaltending situation?"

I mean, maybe this is just to fake everyone out. Right, Garth?

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES

Rotten Cookies posted:

:suicide:

Rutkowski
Apr 28, 2008

CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS GUY?
Morris leaving is a bit of a shame because he was one of the players who worked the hardest to keep the team in Phoenix.

Still, he is not even close to the top 6 in skill now and would do better on a team which loves slow D with no offensive upside and occasional dumb moves.

Say, how long is Murray signed for in Montreal? Would you like a Canadian Murray?

EDIT:
https://twitter.com/leaffan10/status/353215194840829953
I retweeted this today.

His response:
https://twitter.com/EmRutkowski/status/455820198168506368

I will never stop loving insane homers. I mean, some homerism is healthy but people still defending the Clarkson contract? Yeah, they're morons.

Rutkowski fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Apr 15, 2014

Scorchy
Jul 15, 2006

Smug Statement: Elementary, my dear meatbag.

JawKnee posted:

So just having a look at capgeek for the nucks, looks like Kassian, Schroeder, Dalpe, Tanev, and Weber are coming up on RFA, and Santorelli and Alberts are UFA.

Seems we'll have around 9 million to play with, who gets resigned/dropped?

Probably: Kassian (hopefully for no more than Richardson right now), Santorelli (hopefully for less than a million, but apart from the injury he was great and could probably ask for more), Tanev (gonna get paid :( ) maaaybe Schroeder although not if he wants more than what he's getting now and the same for Dalpe. Let Alberts walk (can we do this if he's LTIR?) and maybe don't resign Weber although he's looked okay on the PP.

E: Markstrom is earning more than Lack :psyduck:

Schroeder's probably the biggest question mark, he'll probably get packaged off in a trade over the summer, maybe along Edler or Kesler.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

Rotten Cookies posted:

We have this Jacob Markstrom chap. Look at his AHL and SEL numbers! He's going to be a HUGE NHL star!

What? No, he's never played in the NHL, why do you ask?

Edit: This avatar creeps me right the gently caress out

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

I wanted to see how many clicks it would take for the Ducks to win.

It was 27.

Good Canadian Boy
May 12, 2013

For me the 12th click the leafs won. :unsmith: There's hope!

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

VJeff posted:

Him being kept in the org is a lot less dumb than I initially thought of the situation but still, Jesus, Poile is a first class moron.

Hey, you're taking about David 'I had nightmare about leaving JMFJ off the US Olympic squad' Poile.

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

Scorchy posted:

Schroeder's probably the biggest question mark, he'll probably get packaged off in a trade over the summer, maybe along Edler or Kesler.

Horvat is now the "potential second line center" in the Canucks propsect pool. Schroeder's finished here unfortunately.

deafmute
Jun 24, 2003

Rutkowski posted:

Morris leaving is a bit of a shame because he was one of the players who worked the hardest to keep the team in Phoenix.
Yeah that part sucks, he is a good locker room guy and he has proven at multiple team charity events that he's a pretty good bartender. Hopefully he gets a decent sized final contract from a team that mixes him up with another player :unsmith:

The best is when it lands on the Devils :allears:

NO WINNER

The New Jersey Devils have won the NHL Draft Lottery
and due to having to draft 30th, if this scenario happens, the NHL will hold an immediate re-draw.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

Number19 posted:

Horvat is now the "potential second line center" in the Canucks propsect pool. Schroeder's finished here unfortunately.

with a new coach and gm im not so sure this is true

Trevor Bird
Apr 1, 2006

On a mountain of skulls, in the castle of pain, I sat on a throne of blood! What was will be! What is will be no more! Now is the season of evil! LET'S GO PRED-A-TORS!
nashville is winning the draft lottery so i don't know why you guys are bothering with that simulator

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

Trevor Bird posted:

nashville is winning the draft lottery so i don't know why you guys are bothering with that simulator

Oh you'll end up with the first overall pick all right, and probably Eberle and Schultz, too.

Trevor Bird
Apr 1, 2006

DON'T YOU MESS WITH ME, HE'S NOT GETTING TRADED

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

Just wanted to throw in an Oates-quote that I don't think has been posted yet:

Adam Oates posted:

I think for Ovi, the minus was a lousy stat this year. It's a shame because he does do so much for our team. I talked to him and it's one of the things that we have to address for sure. He can't score 50 goals and be a minus-35. It's obviously counterproductive. I told him that that is something that for him, for the rest of his career has to be one of his focal points.

Ovi is now taking on GM responsibilities for WSH and has to find new linemates, apparently.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Sharks Eat Bear posted:

Just wanted to throw in an Oates-quote that I don't think has been posted yet:

Ovi is now taking on GM responsibilities for WSH and has to find new linemates, apparently.
Oates will correct that; Ovechkin will score 30 and be a -35, which is a much softer ratio if you think about it.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
How the gently caress could you possibly be involved in professional hockey at any level and give a poo poo about +/-.

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

If your Rocket Richard winner is a liability to your team that's the loving GM's problem

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Rutkowski posted:

Still, he is not even close to the top 6 in skill now and would do better on a team which loves slow D with no offensive upside and occasional dumb moves.

Say, how long is Murray signed for in Montreal? Would you like a Canadian Murray?

Dave Nonis just reached for his phone so hard he knocked it off the table.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

DOOMocrat posted:

If your Rocket Richard winner is a liability to your team that's the loving GM's problem
He's not a liability to their team, tho

Gunjin
Apr 27, 2004

Om nom nom
gently caress Adam Oates.

Heaf
Jan 15, 2008

People say we suck at sports but they don't understand
It's hard to catch with holes right through your hands

INSPECTAH DECK posted:

How the gently caress could you possibly be involved in professional hockey at any level and give a poo poo about +/-.

A lot of players really care about it because they think it represents how they perform defensively. It's being reinforced by coaches, most likely.

deafmute
Jun 24, 2003

Every second that Oates and McPhee aren't fired fills me with a fear that Ovechkin and Caps fans will never get to be happy :(

Did Leonsis forget that he owns a hockey team?

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

INSPECTAH DECK posted:

He's not a liability to their team, tho

I think he was commenting on Oates' perspective, wherein Ovie is a liability AND it's his own fault.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

I think what Oates meant is that Ovie has to take responsibility and turn Jay Beagle into a #1C.

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK

DOOMocrat posted:

Oh you'll end up with the first overall pick all right, and probably Eberle and Schultz, too.

:laugh:

I thought Edmonton had the draft simulator last year too? I opened it up and it hit on Vancouver bumping Calgary to 5... that would be such a kick in the nuts I'm half expecting it now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pancakes by Mail
Oct 21, 2010

Many years later, as he faced the firing squad, Goaltender Carey Price was to remember that distant afternoon when his father took him to discover ice.
I will personally hire a French language tutor for Trotz if he'll come coach in Montreal

• Locked thread