Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scorchy
Jul 15, 2006

Smug Statement: Elementary, my dear meatbag.

JawKnee posted:

So just having a look at capgeek for the nucks, looks like Kassian, Schroeder, Dalpe, Tanev, and Weber are coming up on RFA, and Santorelli and Alberts are UFA.

Seems we'll have around 9 million to play with, who gets resigned/dropped?

Probably: Kassian (hopefully for no more than Richardson right now), Santorelli (hopefully for less than a million, but apart from the injury he was great and could probably ask for more), Tanev (gonna get paid :( ) maaaybe Schroeder although not if he wants more than what he's getting now and the same for Dalpe. Let Alberts walk (can we do this if he's LTIR?) and maybe don't resign Weber although he's looked okay on the PP.

E: Markstrom is earning more than Lack :psyduck:

Schroeder's probably the biggest question mark, he'll probably get packaged off in a trade over the summer, maybe along Edler or Kesler.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scorchy
Jul 15, 2006

Man, really hoping someone in the top 5 reaches to take Nylander so that Dal Colle or Draisaitl falls to Vancouver.

Scorchy
Jul 15, 2006

The goalie debacle wasn't completely on Gillis, it was also a combination of stupid decisions by Vigneault, and then Torts, a dumb fanboy owner, plus Luongo himself who was wanting to dictate a trade to Florida. I blame Gillis for dragging it out so long but it's not his fault for everything.

Scorchy
Jul 15, 2006

JawKnee posted:

Well drat.

Alright, okay... don't do anything rash now Linden/Benning, we dont. want. Oates.

Seems like there's a lot of Willie Desjardins rumours going around.

Scorchy
Jul 15, 2006

Anybody but Virtanen

Scorchy
Jul 15, 2006

TeamJesus posted:

I think depending which of the "big 4" fall to Calgary, there's a good chance we take Ritchie.

Depending who we passed on, I don't think its that ridiculous of a notion though.

http://www.hockeyprospectus.com/past-top-picks-can-teams-find-a-scorer-in-this-years-draft/
His 0.44 even-strength goals-per-game place him sixth in an elite group of OHL forwards the past 12 years who have broken 0.40: Patrick Kane, Seguin, Tavares, Stamkos, Landeskog, Ritchie, Bennett, Skinner, and Yakupov.

Out of Ritchie/Ehlers/Nylander/Virtanen I like Ritchie. Nylander is interesting but I think he'd get murdered in the Pacific.

Scorchy
Jul 15, 2006

deafmute posted:

Sportsnet reported that the Canucks have contacted Ryan Miller and Dave Bolland. The Eddie Lack era will be missed by all.

Man, what the gently caress, bring back Gillis

Scorchy
Jul 15, 2006

ThinkTank posted:

In total downer news, Gino Odjick has terminal heart disease and likely only has months to live.

http://www.theprovince.com/touch/story.html?id=9979028

This sucks. You're the best Gino. :(

Gino :(

I remember watching him play on Bure's line, it didn't make any sense but it was entertaining as hell.

Scorchy
Jul 15, 2006

Will canucks even have enough players left to field a team next season

Scorchy
Jul 15, 2006

#FireBenning

e: seriously how do you not get the 10th pick back ??? holy loving poo poo

Scorchy fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Jun 27, 2014

Scorchy
Jul 15, 2006

Yeah good job you shithead Benning, now time to sign Bolland and Ryan Miller and trade Shinkaruk

Scorchy
Jul 15, 2006

Number19 posted:

I've been ready for the Canucks to gently caress everything up this off-season for a while.

Glad to see they're meeting my expectations.

Rookie GM, rookie coach, rookie president, dumbfuck fanboy owner, great combination.

Scorchy
Jul 15, 2006

ThinkTank posted:

Canucks apparently got Anaheim's 3rd round pick this year for next year's 3rd rounder.

Jeez this keeps getting worse.

Seriously how does Benning not even get the 10th pick back? Christ.

Scorchy
Jul 15, 2006

Brodeurs Nanny posted:

Is Bonino bad? I'm actually asking, because a 25 year-old center who put up 49 points and improved his fancystats a ton seems to be not a bad piece to me.

20 of them were on a PP with Perry and Getzlaf

Scorchy
Jul 15, 2006

I'm gonna go egg Rogers Arena, who wants to come with

Scorchy
Jul 15, 2006

The Dirty Burger posted:

Is Garrison that loving bad? That trade is literally a cap dump

No he's a top-4 D with a huge shot and on a hometown discount contract

Scorchy
Jul 15, 2006

Franks Happy Place posted:

Another acceptable option would be to take on Jovanovski + 6th OA for the 1st OA or whatever.

But nope, it'll be Bolland.

Yeah Bolland and the Sedins get along so great

e: won't be a problem though when the Sedins are traded for 2 bags of pucks

Scorchy
Jul 15, 2006

ThinkTank posted:

Oh no don't worry, the only player they've promised not to trade is Edler, the guy everyone hates.

3 straight declining years but don't worry he'll turn it around any second now

Scorchy
Jul 15, 2006

ThinkTank posted:

Well this is certainly a day. The last two drafts have uh... not been fun for Canucks fans.

And it's not over!

Wait till one of the top 5 in the draft falls to us and we pick Virtanen anyway!

Scorchy
Jul 15, 2006

The Vey trade was the only thing from the last two days the Canucks didn't completely gently caress up imo.

tofes posted:

What is Mike Gillis doing right now?

Probably sitting on a beach somewhere not giving a poo poo. I never got the sense he was a career GM, he had some ideas he wanted to try out from his time as an agent and Aquilini decided to give him a shot. Sounded like by the end he was really fed up with all the politics and I doubt he'll be back in the league any time soon.

Scorchy
Jul 15, 2006

Rally outside Vancouver General right now to support Gino Odjick.

:( :( :(

Scorchy
Jul 15, 2006

And how do you feel about Bolland

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scorchy
Jul 15, 2006

Canucks have 3 Swedish goalie prospects in that 24-26 cusp, between them and Rollie Melanson you have to believe at least one of them will pan out by the time the team is competitive again. Signing Miller would be a monumentally stupid move but hey the organization is run by a bunch of ehm2007 clowns now so oh well.

• Locked thread