Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak
Doug Johnson

Doug moves to a corner of the warehouse and waits for somebody to take the mic. He has no interest in talking to a bunch of college aged kids after his harrowing guest lecture today.

basically I want him to stand back and watch. Do our characters know each other yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

well at least doug going mad means I don't have to phone post at work as much. Hopefully he doesn't die...

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Doug

I charge through the door, knocking aside anything that stands in my way. I try not to think about the pieces of teenager and how alive it made me feel to do that. I need to get out! I need to get away!

Splode fucked around with this message at 08:32 on Apr 11, 2014

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Lizard Combatant posted:

Buggy Swires

Swires stares at the monsters, dumbfounded. He fumbles for his flask, crackers spilling everywhere, and takes a long pull of Angry Dad bourbon. His instincts from many years on the job tell him not to make any sudden moves and to never run.

I'd like to roll to remain unnoticed by the doggies

Even if I've noticed you, I don't care. I'm concerned only with getting away from anyone I might eviscerate.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Doug

I get up and run out of the flames I take the shortest path. how close am I to the men?

Part of me wants to keep running into the night, but another part of me wants to tear the men by the van apart.

Is there a self control roll I can do here? If not

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Doug

Now Doug can see the fire, and that these men not only turned him into some horrible beast, but also tried to kill him, his urge to flee wanes.

I really wanted to roll the van onto the men, but it appears they're not in the right spot. Oh well

Doug Charges towards the men, with the intention of tearing them apart!

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Doug

Still in serious pain from the bullets, Doug examines the back of the van, and If it's unoccupied crawls inside.
if it is occupied, Doug flinches away and slams the van doors shut

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Doug

Doug risks a quick look out the back of the van.

Is Boon still a werewolf? Can I see him? Can I see Jarrod?

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Doug

Doug decides not to risk being mauled by 9ft of angry furball and instead inspects the papers in the briefcase. He also does a quick inventory of the guns. How many are there, what type of guns are they, etc. Doug is no fire-arms expert, but he knows the difference between a pistol, a rifle and an automatic weapon

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Doug

Hearing the howl, Doug puts the papers back in the brief case. He has a quick look around for a holster for the revolver*, then gets out of the van with the briefcase and has a look around.
He's got no idea what the hell just happened, but he suspects whoever just howled is going to have some answers.

If he finds the holster
Doug puts the holster on and takes the revolver with him out of the van.

If he doesn't find the holster
Doug decides not to stick a loaded fire-arm down the front of his pants, but makes a mental note not to forget the weapons in the back of the van.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Lizard Combatant posted:

Buggy Swires

Swires arrives back at the building without knowing why, it was as if something other than the usual drunken muscle memory was piloting the Wagon.

He falls out of the driver's seat but steadies himself. Looking around he notices one of the men (Doug) has a gun stuffed down the front of his pants. "Hope you've got the safety on that sunshine, or else this'll be a story to tell the grandkids you'll never have. Why don't you let a - hurc! - responsible gun owner take care of that for you."

Actually, Doug didn't take the revolver, as he couldn't find the holster

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Doug

"So, does anyone have any idea about what's going on here?
I found files on all of us in the back of that van."
He gestures with the briefcase.
"I'm Doug, by the way."

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Doug

"Hang on, the police are going to notice our bodies are missing, and there's a load of witnesses running off into the night. We're going to have to move the cars"

Or burn them out, he thinks to himself, but he'd rather they didn't do that.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

thatbastardken posted:

Point of order - are more than half of us naked now on account of turning into giant wolf-dudes? Cause that is going to be hella awkward when the adrenaline dies down

Yeah, Doug is going to deal with that and the fact he's just killed two people later, once they're not in immediate danger

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

bell jar posted:

Jarrod

"It's a greenie conference, mate, I don't think the cops are gonna look too closely. As for this prick here," he gestures at jumpsuit guy, "I get the feeling we're gonna get a lot more information out of Blacktail, than out of him."

Doug

As the adrenaline dies down, the events of tonight start to get to Doug. He screams at Jarrod.

"Listen you little poo poo, do you really think the Cops are going to ignore a pile of bodies in a burnt out building?"
He gestures at the cars
"with some of our names written all over it!?"

--Just saw Xylo's Update--

"gently caress it I'm not leaving my car here" he mutters to himself.

Doug gets into his car and starts the engine.

"Alright, I'll follow you. We can ditch the car later if that's going to be a problem, but I'm not leaving any evidence I was evere here." He shouts at the window

Splode fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Apr 13, 2014

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

XyloJW posted:

Blacktail finally sets eyes on the Goosewagon, and he lets out a barking laugh. "Perfect! Whoever that thing belongs to, hook it up to my trailer hitch, we'll need that!"

Doug

Upon seeing the goosewagon, in spite of everything, Doug bursts out laughing

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

thatbastardken posted:

swear to god that was not intentional, I never watched Neighbours

*Home and away

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Doug

"Gee, I hope I'm not missing any explanation of what's going on back here in my car. This guy is a crazy driver!"
Doug mutters to himself, gripping the wheel with white knuckles

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Doug

Doug pulls up next to the van. "Alright, what's going on? Somebody fill me in."

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Someone fill in my character geez guys

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Doug

"Ah.... Right. Ok. Lets go save this guy I guess!"

Doug moves towards the entrance of the building

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Doug

"Lets get inside, we can shapeshift in the lobby. Raj, was it? Get inside now!"

Doug carefully enters the building, looking around for any threats.
If it's safe, he then transforms into a huge wolf. This is our deadliest form yes? Huge wolf?

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

bell jar posted:

My lip instantly curls into a snarl.

I yell out to the others "THEY'RE HERE! MORE ARE COMING!"

I get really mad and start to shift.

Doug

"Get inside first! We don't want people to see us" says Doug

Time wise, I haven't yet entered the building at this point

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Doug

Upon seeing the rest of the group (pack? he grins to himself) transform and head towards the van, he decides to transform himself. For now though, he'll take cover behind the vehicles so they're not grouped up if anyone comes out of the building.

Mindful of Jarrod's warning, He keeps an ear out for any approaching vehicles. If I can do this with super wolf man hearing, that'd be great

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Sir Coq of Nandos posted:

:boonie:

David Boon glances across the three people (werewolves?) who are still with him.

"Let them take the van," he says. "Let's go and meet this JP Rothchild."

Gesturing to the others, he heads across the road to the wankiest apartment building he's ever seen.

Doug

Doug goes with Boon

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

XyloJW posted:

Are you shifting now or going with him as a human?

I'll stay in human form for now, I'll wait for him to change.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Doug

Now in the lobby, Doug attempts to shapeshift

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Boss went home early, so I'm around now.

Doug charges behind the famous cricketer, glad to be free of the hot, cramped elevator. He takes up a position on the opposite side of the door from Boonie, and listens.

Can we smell humans?

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Doug follows Boon through the doorway, coming through and moving swiftly to the right. He surveys the room, trying to find any threats, and trying to identify the source of the burning person smell.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Doug barks quietly at Boon, and gestures to the pair of legs. sticking out from the counter.

Quietly, he begins advancing further into the room, on high alert.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

As boon heads in a different direction, Doug approaches the man in the pool, carefully checking his flanks as he advances. He gestures at the strange figure with his huge paw, beckoning him.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Doug watches the man ignore him and go under water. He growls in frustration, and, after checking the coast is clear, stomps over to the pool and attempts to pluck the man out.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Doug roars at JP, gesturing frantically at the burnt corpse.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

I transform back to human form.

"Ok so the cockroach is talking now. Righto. I'm Doug, by the way. You don't have any clothes I can borrow do you?"
He gestures at the tattered rags he's wearing.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Doug asks

"how are we getting out of here? Also, good thinking jarrod. This guy owes us anyway."
He goes and puts on a nice shirt and pants.

I don't know about the spirit world yet

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Doug is concerned.

"Guys, is this real? Is this all the screams of my dying brain as I die from smoke inhalation in a barn in the middle of nowhere? None of this makes any sense."

He also is concerned with his obligations to the scientific community. He should probably let them know that werewolves and a new plane of reality exist, but at the same time, he doesn't want to end up in a bioweapons lab.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Doug sighs.

"Well it looks like we're going to be naked. Whatever." He walks through the mirror, letting the clothes fall to the floor.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Sir Coq of Nandos posted:

:boonie:

The sound of breaking glass comes from within the apartment. Presently, David Boon returns to the group, dressed in cricket whites and holding a genuine antique cricket bat.

"Found these," he grunts. "Better for smashing fuckin' mainlanders."

A pause.

"No offence."

After a second, more awkward pause, he enters the mirror.

Leaving the cricket whites to fall clumsily to the floor.

Splode fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Apr 14, 2014

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Completely naked, but too interested in this new plane of existence to care, Doug follows the young woman in tatters down the stairs.

"So what is the story with the spiders?" Doug asks Cockroach.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

no battery phone posting, give me an hour to get home

Edit: ok I'm home

Doug figures he has more chance against the cops than he does against whatever the hell that thing was. He turns and runs down the street, towards the shops and restaurants on his left. As he runs, he attempts to transform.
I figure there'll be some big glass windows at the restaurants. Not going to use a rage to transform, I'll take my chances

Splode fucked around with this message at 09:14 on Apr 15, 2014

• Locked thread