Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

Haifisch posted:

quote:

kaschei posted:
don't die

quote:

quote:
LogicNinja

I understand these words, but not combined in this order. :confused:

This came up in irc recently:

<Sequell> 407 kills by LogicNinja's ghost: 74x LogicNinja, 11x avis, 6x aTarkinC, 4x oshikia, 3x pubby, 3x TacoSundae, 3x TheProvocateur, 3x shugdite, 3x duckroller, 3x Bones, 3x cattimeplz, 3x Herpes, 2x Adderaaz, 2x c23, 2x talkingcatjazzcat, 2x towel, 2x Wemp, 2x heteroy, 2x Sobieck, 2x password, 2x tekoppen, 2x Someone4956, 2x Froggeryz, 2x timbw, 2x kekekela, 2x taqueso, 2x rjrrt, 2x Zermako, 2x superc...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib
Keep pushing fighting and you'll get more damage, more armour should get you more AC for survivability, plus further reduce any armour penalties you may have. Dodging might not hurt, but dodging is kind of funky when you're wearing plate armour, there's a sort of threshold, it seems, where dodging suddenly becomes useful, but it's not until around 14 or 15 I think.

edit: And if you think you can fight off some trog-penance, switching to Oka could net you something like a crystal plate, which should make it pretty trivial.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib

hair stats
extremely bad hair <10, awful hair <30, poor hair <60, choko hair <90, normal hair <120, quite good hair<160, very nice hair<220, extreme hair<300, extraordinary hair <400, incredible hair <520, uncanny hair <700, almost entirely hair >=700

One doesn't truly get the polytheist award unless they win with Lugafu.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib
Labyrinth is a bit more horrifying since 0.9; I think people recognized they were a little high reward, low risk (haifisch's fault) so you'll now find other monsters lurking the halls (hungry ghosts are a nice addition), and minotaurs seem a little bit smarter and beefier. I used to think "hurrah, a labyrinth!" But now I see them more like an ice cave and only go in if I'm 110% confident.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib
Well yeah, with Qazlal, you'll need new banners.

Qazlal loves the elements, so maybe Q could give banners based on players entering ice caves and volcanoes? That's not super-exciting though, especially since you can just leave if it's too nasty, and I don't know if there's a way you can test for "player completed ice cave" instead of just "left ice cave". Maybe kill at least a dozen monsters in an elemental portal, but do it without rC or rF?

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib
0.16 idea - all elements will also have a secondary "holy" element, e.g. holy ice, holy fire, holy miasma, holy poison. These will serve absolutely no purpose whatsoever.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib

Frykte posted:

Ability to kill more gods than just the slime god.

Special portals spawn on d:1 when you have the orb that allow you to participate in a God's challenge, like doing Tomb while under Ash wrath.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib

AtomikKrab posted:

Just make a dog race, like a felid but no jump attack.

Just bring back Makhlebian Chaos Knight so everyone can be happy.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib

scalded schlong posted:

It's a mimic, playing the long game. You try to fire it, and BAM.

Nah mimics haven't been able to do that since 0.4 or so.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib

Internet Kraken posted:

So on my current character I got banished by a wizard, then banished by a zot trap, and now I've been banished by a distortion weapon. I pulled off the abyss hat trick :geno:

Hey Pleasing Fungus, you were looking for new banners for the tournament, right?

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

Okay, so I assume Beogh isn't really viable for extended, given how much my orcs are melting in Vaults/Depths/Spider. Is his wrath easier to deal with than Trog's? I've got a nice demon blade, so I could go right to TSO.

Someone should really list worst wraths by God, I'd say Beogh is probably in the easier camp, Trog's is one of the most harrowing by far. No wrath is a pushover, but Beogh's involves summoning elec dancing weapons, throwing packs of angry orcs at you (usually led by a warlord), or just giving you a good old smiting (but some Gods will protect you from that). Compare that to Trog's "Here's 6 berserked stone giants, eat poo poo" attack, and I think Trog definitely wins that.

edit: If you're switching to TSO, specifically, he should protect you from Beogh smites.... up to 50% of the time I believe at full piety.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib

Miracon posted:

Beogh can be viable in extended if you set yourself up right. The secret is that you want to roll with a small elite squad of 3-4 warlords, rather than a huge horde. Let your squadmates do the killing for you most of the time. They'll get more exp and more blessings from Beogh that way, making them far more deadly and resilient than your typical horde orcs.

If you're already in Depths losing lots of followers though, it's probably too late to set this up right.

How do you pare down the orcs to a select few without killing them and thus ensuring Beogh's wrath? Just keep dragging your followers back up to D:1, then use a scroll of fog to break LOS and only take 1 or 2 back down?

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib
Mummies have a low win rate, but there are quite a few mummies near the top of the all-time high scores.

And MuBe isn't that bad at all, they just get boring very quickly because you basically have three options for fighting: trog bros, evos, or melee.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib
If my family weren't coming in next week, I'd love to actually take part in a tournament, but it looks like I'll have to wait until 0.16. Is Ruthless Efficiency the new banner? Getting a rune without ever using scrolls or potions sounds horrifyingly difficult.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib

IronicDongz posted:

also 'mana form' from that could actually be a cool high-level transmutation spell that merges health/mana like player efreets were and maybe boosts spells universally

Don't worry, cherufes are on the way.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib

BigFactory posted:

All snapping turtles do.

I believe orange demons, too, right? I think that's the full list of reaching enemies though other than {anything} + polearm. Oh and Geryon.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib

Haifisch posted:

From what I've read it hasn't really been actively paid attention to since a long-rear end time ago, beyond shoving trunk mechanic updates into it. Which is a shame, because it could be cool given a little more attention and a lot more documentation(how the hell are you supposed to get to the treasure hordes? They're surrounded by unnaturally hard walls, and you can't blink inside because transparent stone counts as being in the way).

Sprint is pretty playable, even though it's super hard; zot defence, I haven't even really figured out how to get past the first couple waves or so. I once got a pretty good thing going with a troll berserker who planted oklob plants outside the orb chamber and simple grass plants keeping things out of the orb chamber - most enemies were dumb enough to keep attacking the simple plants while the oklob acidified them.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib

Not My Leg posted:

Agree. Also, Gozag is still trunk only, right, not in .15?

There are 27 everything, but not Gods and runes, what the heck. Immersion ruined.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib

TZer0 posted:

I finally managed to get a Beogh win.

Is Beogh designed as an early-game only god? Because I feel that the usefulness of the granted powers drops dramatically after Vaults. (I'm trying to get a win with every god, which is why I didn't swap)

If you want the polytheist badge, you need only be worshipping the god on the way out, so you could just abandon a useful god for beogh on the way up with the orb. If you actually want to worship one god the whole way through though...well, happy xomming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib

Internet Kraken posted:

Bring back gnomes :regd09:

• Locked thread