Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.
I think I'm done with mine. Lemme know if I'm missing something. I haven't done nWoD in a long time, and I'm new to the whole Blood and Smoke thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Ok, closing apps now. Gimme a bit to make a post on picks.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011
Crap just saw this now, I'll keep up and see if there are any openings.

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

So... here is our cast for Sexy Japanese Vampires:

Kanaoka Kei (Clipperton),
Midorikawa Reiko (GoatLord)
Jou Tanaka (mistaya)
Sasaka Daimon (Archer666)
Mizuno "V-Yako" Miyako (Alien Rope Burn)

Thanks for your interest, everyone. I'm still surprised that I got a lot of applications for this (really good ones too!). I hope other folks make more nWoD/B&S games since the interest is clearly present and I feel really bad for those I had to cut out (I kinda wanna play myself!). Those who didn't get in, please hold on to your sheets, as I will most definitely pick from you guys if anyone drops.

For those who are in: give me some impressions about your fellow coterie members. I'm assuming you guys met each other through your various contacts, and have been working together long enough to pull a few jobs for the zaibatsu (as "independent contractors"). The start of this Chronicle will detail your big break as a coterie into the Maeda Group.

If you want to suggest names for your Coterie that would be neat too. :)

There is one more thing I want you all to do, but I'm gonna put it down in another post after this one.

Thread will be up by Wednesday, ideally.

EDIT: Now is also a good time to finish up your Aspirations. Take someone from the group and write an Aspiration around them. It can be positive or negative, but it should be something you need to work together on to fulfill. Try to make sure everyone has a connection with at least one other person. :)

Mitama fucked around with this message at 09:33 on Apr 22, 2014

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

So, following the parts of Climbing the Ladder that I omitted until now, let's take all these PC-on-NPC relationships and connect them into a web. Of drama.

By answering the questions earlier, we brought in a good number of NPCs into the city. Now that we know who our cast members are, I want you to add a little extra something to your answers.

Question 1 asked about who you abandoned in your lowest moment.
Now, find another human character already present, then tell me how they connected after you left your abandoned behind.

Question 3 asked about the vampire that exemplifies what you fear most about your curse.
Find a mortal already connected to you, then tell me what that vampire wants from them. Put the mortal in peril.

Question 4 asked about a mortal who knows your secret.
Find another Kindred who suspects that mortal of breaching the Masquerade.

Question 5 asked about the one who keeps you safe while your sleep.
Find another character, mortal or vampire, who is pressuring or threatening them (and therefore, your haven).

Question 6 asked about your contact in the Maeda Group.
Find another Kindred who they are rivals with, whether political, business, or simply through a blood vendetta.

(I will personally take Question 2, which asked about the vampire you identify with the most. I'm gonna take that vampire and see what Kindred they identify with the most.)

I know some of you have NPCs answering multiple questions (or no NPCs at all), so you don't need to answer everything. However, I expect everyone to make at least three connections across our little web. During the game, I'll be asking more questions from the steps and, bit-by-bit, add more and more connections until it gets really messy and wonderful.

Here is a visual map of the PCs and NPCs thus far. Let me know if I missed anyone or if you want to add / change up NPCs.

You guys might want to coordinate on this, so again: we're at SynIRC through the channel #trixchronicle.

EDIT: Updated image with Jou's Maeda recruiter and Reiko's touchstone.
EDIT2: Updated Kei's NPCs a bit. Also colored mortal names black to make them easier to identify.

Mitama fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Apr 22, 2014

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

I'll add to this during the day tomorrow too, but I guess someone has to start off.

Jou's Impressions

Kei- I have a lot of respect for people who are as driven as she is. We're complete opposites. I wouldn't be noticed in an empty room and she couldn't get lost in a crowd (well, without her vampiric talents,) but I feel like we have a lot in common anyway. I never thought about tattoos when I was alive, but permanence has a whole new meaning nowadays. Maybe one day I'll get up the nerve to ask her for one.

Reiko - If being a wage slave is terrible now, I bet being a geisha back in the day was worse. Ms. Reiko got out from under her bosses and built her own future, and she didn't have to become a monster along the way. That's exactly what I want to do. I don't know if she'd help me, but she's still an example that I'm going to try to live up to.

Daimon - When I look at Daimon I see a Kindred who was Embraced because he was the best man for the job. Where I was abducted, he was chosen. It's hard to really get along with someone like that. It's not his fault, so I try not to hold it against him. He's ambitious enough for sure, but I wonder how far he can get on his own?

Miyako - I still don't know how Miyako gets away with 'playing' a vampire in public. She's a very good singer, but she's kind of spoiled and pouty. Out of everyone she's the one I worry about the most. It's just not safe to live like she does. Kari thinks she's the coolest new idol on the block. That scares the crap out of me. I haven't told her that 'V-Yako' is a real vampire because that would just make it worse. (She's been a little obsessed since finding out about my condition.) I probably shouldn't have gotten her that signed picture because now she's trying to get me to take her to concerts.

----

The ~Web of Drama~

Now, find another human character already present, then tell me how they connected after you left your abandoned behind.

After I left my wife I started going to clubs. I don't know if I was trying to remember how she felt or forget about her by feeling someone else. Miss Chiho was the front girl for my favorite place, and she always had a kind word for me. For a long time I was just a customer, but when I heard her complaining about their computers being down I offered to take a look. One two minute fix later I'd given her my company card, and I was contracted to update their entire system later that week. It was only then that I found out that the club was owned by another Kindred. I must have impressed Chiho because I don't even have to turn invisible to skip the lines at the club anymore, and I always get the best corner spot.

Question 3 asked about the vampire that exemplifies what you fear most about your curse.
Find a mortal already connected to you, then tell me what that vampire wants from them. Put the mortal in peril.

I don't know what I'd do if the company- if Orochi Ko- ever found out about Kari. My ex-wife said if I sent her home early I'll never see her again, and I can't handle that. It's stupid, and selfish, but I just can't. We were always close, and Kari's the only living person who knows about my condition and doesn't care. She's the only reminder of the life I used to have before this whole thing started. Losing her would be the end of me. I just have to keep her safe until the end of the summer. Next year when she visits things will be different. If things go to plan I won't have to worry about the company anymore. I just have to get her through this summer...

I've let Kari have her run of the city during the daylight, mostly because I can't stop her without locking her up and I'm not going to do that. But while she's pretty obviously a tourist (and her Japanese is still a little rusty,) I've managed to keep it so that only a few people know she's my daughter. Miyako is unfortunately one of them. When I asked for her autograph she gave me the strangest look, and I didn't want to sound like a creep so I admitted it was for Kari. It was probably a mistake but it's too late to take it back now. I didn't tell her that Kari knows what we are, but I don't think it'll be hard to guess, especially if the two ever meet.

Find another character, mortal or vampire, who is pressuring or threatening them (and therefore, your haven).

My hotel room isn't under any outside threat that I know of, but the threat of losing it if I don't do exactly what the company wants has been grating on me forever. I don't even like the place, but I can't exactly go house hunting on a visa. The local Yakuza tried to pressure the owners for protection money once, but as soon as I got wind of that I had the company take care of it. Orochi Ko had fun that night I'm sure. It's not exactly comforting to have that psychopath know where I sleep.

Find another Kindred who they are rivals with, whether political, business, or simply through a blood vendetta.

The recruiter I was put in contact with is called Takeda Ichigo. He's a member of their New Special Projects Division. I have heard some interesting stories about him and his sister Izumi. They were twins, but Ichigo was Embraced much later in life - he's eternally 65. Their rivalry in Maeda is pretty infamous, both business and personal. I wouldn't want to get caught between those two on a bad night.

mistaya fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Apr 23, 2014

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
Impressions now, web later.

Kei: I still have too many memories of people mutilated by the war to understand why anyone would ever do that to themselves on purpose. Though she armors herself in grotesquerie, she's still a sweet girl at heart. If only I could get her to use the back entrance when coming to the club.

Jou: A lot of men come into my club to forget about their sorrows. None of them has as much cause for sadness as Jou, and I know he cannot forget. But when he talks about his daughter, I feel a bit jealous. I have all my children, but none of them are my flesh and blood, and never can be. It is a rare and beautiful thing he has, and I could not bear to let anyone threaten it.

Daimon: He is a dangerous man, though I suppose we're all dangerous. He is an excellent man to have as a partner, and a terrible man to have as a rival. He likes to imagine him self at the top of everyone else. By the time we get there, he'll have learned where things really stand between us.

Miyako: The way that girl goes on, she is going to get herself killed for good one day. And so help me, I just know I'll be expending a great deal of effort to prove myself wrong.

-------------

One day Kazumi Kaori stumbled upon an old box of photos in her grandmother Fumiko's closet. They were all full of many young women in very showy clothes. One of the women bore a striking resemblance to herself, so she reasoned it must be her grandmother from 50 years ago. There was also another, somewhat older woman that showed up in all the pictures as well. When she asked her grandmother about them she flew into a rage. She knocked the box from her hands and told her to throw those old things away. Then she started complaining about her leg and left the room. Kaori always hated it when he grandmother got like that. Instead of throwing them away, she gathered up all the pictures and took them home with her.

Kaori studies musical composition and string instruments at Tokyo University of the Arts, and has always dreamed of being a star. So when Kagome Sachie approached her after a recital about a new band that was forming, she jumped at the chance. That's how she became the guitarist for Belle de Diablos. The lead vocalist is all kinds of weird, but there's no mistaking her talent. But who knows what Kaori would think if she saw her around Shibuya with the woman from her grandmother's photos.

Hanzou was always a jealous and obsessive man. When Reiko first left him he was furious, and he still carries that bitterness with him all these years later. And now in recent nights he has seen her going about town with a young mortal. He's even heard rumor's that she's covered herself and gone to meet him while the sun was still out, pretending like she's human. He wonders what would happen if he walked up to Haruna Saito one night and told him the truth about the woman he's dating. He fantasizes some nights about doing so much worse to the boy. Would it force her to come back to him? Would it leave her devastated for eternity? He cannot make up his mind on which outcome he'd prefer.

Sakurai Hanako has been keeping an eye on her 'brother' Jou. In the course of this she's become aware of a particular woman who works at a hostess club Jou frequents. She knows the place is kindred owned, but she suspects the salary man has gotten a bit too close to the mortal woman. Especially when she learned that her 'brother' had provided the woman with company assets, namely his computer skills. Who knows what other proprietary information he might have shared. But if Hanako can leverage his relationship with this mortal to keep him in his place, it could be very beneficial to her career.

Daimon's sire is a man you takes what he wants. And lately what he's wanted is to expand his influence at the expense of the local Yakuza syndicate. The Maeda don't like competition. But Reiko has the local syndicate leader, Yamamura Daijin, wrapped around her finger in a way that would be much more difficult to accomplish if he were replaced with some ghoul.

Takeda Izumi is a Gangrel. Many years ago Horiyokai, in order to learn the Protean discipline to better perfect his art, diablerized her sire. She does not know for sure who did it, but she has her suspicions, and always keeps a wary eye on the clawed Nosferatu.

ZiegeDame fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Apr 22, 2014

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer
Kanaoka Kei

Impressions:

Reiko: Reiko’s very proper for someone running a hostess bar. She’s got one eye on me whenever I’m in her club, ready for me to do something outrageous so she can shoo me out (by the back door, of course). How could I resist making the occasional scene?

I definitely don’t want to piss her off, though. She could be valuable to me; she’s been out on the fringes of respectable society for longer than my life and death put together, and I know she could teach me a lot.

Jou: Despite being a nisei Japanese-American, Jou’s a salaryman through and through, exactly the kind of square I loved to frighten and intimidate. I don’t think I intimidate this one, though. It's hard to get a read on him at all. There’s a quiet strength to him, though, and he’s not fazed by me at all. He's told me he has a daughter in Tokyo, and I'm halfway to believing it's Kari, the girl I see in the clubs. I don't ask her--if she confirmed it, I'd have to tell him. Let her have her freedom. Of course, that means I have an obligation to watch over her.

Daimon: After my Embrace, Horiyokai-sensei taught me about the Beast, the animal lurking inside each of us. Sensei himself seems to have the Beast only barely in check; some days the rational part of him seems like little more than the thinnest of shells, like a paper lantern around a raging flame. I have resolved to myself that I will never be like that.

Daimon, I think, has taken a few steps along the path to becoming something like Sensei. One of our coterie’s first jobs was dealing with some mortal who was interfering with a zaibatsu operation. What Daimon did to that poor bastard…part of me was sickened, but another part, the part that loves the horrific and grotesque, was thrilled, and that scares me.

On top of that, I think his sire is an enemy of Ichi, my friend and contact at Maeda, so I have to be careful. When all is said and done, though, he’s in my coterie, and if we’re not there for each other then what’s the point of it all?

Miyako: I never had much time for idols. You don’t see too many of them in the body-mod scene (it’s hard to get on TV in Japan with a pound of metal in your face). Still, to find myself in a coterie with one (even a disgraced one) is pretty loving weird. (And she may yet be an idol again--I’m already seeing ‘V-Girls’ in the clubs, wearing repurposed goth-loli chic and stick-on fangs, staking out their fashion territory just in case Belle de Diablos are a hit.)

On the one hand, I don’t like how she’s turned the Requiem into something poppy and tacky, when I’ve found it so bleak. On the other, I’ve always been about breaking taboos, and I can’t help admire how she’s always right on the edge of a Masquerade breach; watching her outrage conservative elders is glorious.

Web:

Question 1: Find another human character already present, then tell me how they connected after you left your abandoned behind.

So I’m in some club one night, looking for someone I can lead back to Sensei for him to feed on, when I see this clueless little Japanese-American girl, trying to look like she fits in. She’s like chum for sharks, and they’re circling; a yakuza goon is plying her with drinks, which she’s too scared not to accept. As he leans in for a kiss, he sees, courtesy of my Dread Presence, the girl’s eyeballs burst and ooze down her face. The illusion is over in a second, but it shakes him; he goes pale, and backs off quick. I show my face to the girl, which is a mistake--I’m a lot more frightening than the goon was, and even though something has given her a taste for the bizarre, and she’s got plenty of grit of her own, she runs out of the club.

I see her around more after that, in the weirder clubs. I don't know what she's looking for. I lurk around her, a face in the crowd, and learn her name is Kari. Someone needs to look out for her; the sharks are always circling. I ask Emi to make friends with her, keep her out of really bad trouble. (I have no right to ask Emi this, after all the misery I've brough her, but if Kari is who I think she might be, she will need all the protection she can get.)

The one I think about when I think about the stasis I fear is Toda Goro, Maeda’s Executive Vice President for...something or other. Not that I’ve met him--I don’t get invited to Board meetings--but I had to go to my contact Ichibei’s office once on a courier job and he was there, collecting a report from one of the directors. As he walked across the floor, everyone lined up for aisatsu, formal greetings, bowing just so and chanting “good morning Executive Vice President!” with inhuman precision--literally inhuman--you could tell he spent his nights surrounded by the same clockwork greetings and rituals, never, ever changing. Anyway.

I have a contact in the fetish-club scene who steers me to clubs where I can find food, this little goth girl named Aki. She doesn’t know what I am, of course, and she’s jaded enough that I don’t scare her off. She’s dating a Maeda executive. God knows what he sees in her, but that’s not the point--he’s one of Toda’s ghouls, and Toda knows all about it, and he does not approve. If he decides she’s enough of a liability, he’ll arrange for her to disappear like she was never there.

My apprenticeship to Horiyokai-sensei keeps me pretty busy, but I still sling ink from time to time to keep my hand in. My clients are mostly freelance Kindred who feel like sporting a tattoo for a week or a month, until they get bored with it and let their daily Cleansing wash it away.

Sensei would not appreciate me bringing my own clients to his shop, but I have another option: after our own parlour went out of business--after I put it out of business--Emi (my Touchstone) managed to get a job at Body Hammer, a Shibuya tattoo and piercing shop. They do high-volume, low-quality shitwork, inking koi fish after koi fish on idiot gaijin tourists. She deserves so much better. Anyway, she gave me a copy of her keys and lets me use the shop after hours. The money goes to Emi.

So one night I’m approached in a club by a Kindred who says she’s heard of my work and wants a kami-no-ko, a full-back-and-buttocks tattoo. I shouldn’t be doing such ambitious work without Sensei knowing about it, but the amount of money she’s offering would really help Emi out. She's a Zainichi, Seon something.

The design she wants is...interesting, to say the least, and centred around a portrait of V-Yako, the idol. Okay, so she’s a stalker. In my line you see a few of them. She’s erratic, sometimes disappearing for months before showing up again and wanting another session, so I'm only halfway done with her tattoo. The sessions are long and I have to start right after the shop is closed. One time, Seon and I show up before Emi has left. She sees the way Emi greets me, and the look she gives me…I tell myself it’s probably nothing.

Horiyokai-sensei is a Haunt like me, of course, but he’s not just a Haunt. He looks like...I don’t know how to describe it. And his form changes, too, night after night. He passed on a little of that to me--I use it when I sleep, sinking into the concrete, and eventually he says I’ll grow claws like him, and use them to tattoo with.

I know enough about Disciplines to know he didn’t get that from his sire. He got it by drinking from another Kindred...and I think someone else knows too. Our coterie has had a few meetings with Takeda Izumi, of Maedea’s New Special Projects Division, and the way she looks at me, the way she pronounces my sensei’s name...was it someone close to her my sensei drank from, and does she suspect? If it comes out, what is going to happen to me?

I already talked about Suzuki Ichibei--I call him Ichi--my contact at Maeda, the one who’s kind to me. He has investments in a couple of Shibuya izakaya, and one time I was hanging about near one of them, maybe hoping I’d run into him. Then I saw him in an alley outside the izakaya, having an argument with another Kindred. I hid my aura and drew close to listen. They weren’t hiding their auras, they were practically attacking each other. It was something about the business, I think the other Kindred was trying to force Ichibei out. I could tell they hated each other. The next time I saw that other Kindred was at a nightclub with Daimon, and that’s when I learned it was Daimon’s sire...

Clipperton fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Apr 24, 2014

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
Daimon Sasaka

Impressions first, the questions to be followed.

Kei: One of those body-mods you can hear about in the hushed corners of Shibuya. Freaks among the living, poseurs among the dead. She kind of freaked me out when we first met, never seen one of those people in my club before, didn't know what to expect. However she turned out to be not that bad. A little strange, but who in the body-mod community could be considered normal? I respect her skills, she has real talent when it comes to tattoos and the occult, but I would never let her work on me. But for me.... Now that's another story.

Reiko: Reiko, Reiko, Reiko.. Smooth businesswoman, that one. The danger with her is not the knife behind her back, but the seductive venom of her words. Knows how to dress to impress. On bad nights, its her face I see smashed instead of the poor sap that I'm working on. Her success in the business, the way she can talk her way out of everything and into anything she wants... It drives me crazy. However, I'd love to have her as a business partner. Someone her age, I'm sure she can teach me a thing or two.

Jou: A wage slave. Dresses horribly, looks horrible, everything about him is the opposite of me. But... I find myself pitying him every time I see him, a rare emotion. However pity doesn't make dealing with him any less easier, he's a fool. If he survives when I take control of this city, maybe I'll see about helping him. If he's alive by then. Not going to hold my breath for that, though.

V-Yako: Imagine my surprise when, during the groups first meeting, I saw her sitting at the table. We played some of her remixed songs in our club until The Video. She was everything I expected her to be: blatant, loud, annoying and on the cutting edge of Shibuya fashion. A child. I know how to deal with her kind, fortunately. Still, sometimes I catch myself thinking how better life would be if she took a pipe to the back of the head until she learned not to flaunt our existence so openly.

Now, find another human character already present, then tell me how they connected after you left your abandoned behind.\

So once my Sire bailed me out, he decided to make some changes to my club. One of those changes was setting up a small VIP area for the talent to relax without getting mobbed by fans. As a courtesy, I always meet and make small chat with the talent. Make sure everything is alright, how they're liking the club, things like that. Most of them quickly get on my bad side, but one. Shimizu Junji was polite, didn't complain about the club or the service, and was also not a complete idiot. We share the same education and our tastes for music are identical. After the night of his performance, he visits the bar (incognito of course) occasionally to chat and relax from his busy daylife.

Lately, I've noticed Yoriko has been in serious financial trouble. Working overtime, asking for her paycheck early. Which was strange, since I doubled her pay and I know she's good with money. So one day, I asked her into my office to explain herself.

Apparently a month after she found out about me, she was partying in Roppongi and made the stupidest error of being too drunk. While deciding that she had enough to drink and was about to go home, she got lured away to a bar by one of those touts that bother drunk tourists over there. Her being drunk as she was, she didn't notice a table of punks sitting all the way in the back. She was given several more drinks to completely drown her senses and resistance. Before blacking out she remembers seeing one of the punks coming over to her with a phone in his hands. When she woke up, she didn't tell me where exactly, she found that the bastards took pictures of her... body and demanded monthly payment or the pictures would go on the internet as well as to all her friends family.

A few days after she told me the story I found out that this bar is run by those animal Gangrels. I will have to teach them a lesson about blackmailing my employees.

Since we're both running a business, I decided to ask Reiko over to my club. Show off a little bit, you know? Maybe talk about setting up a advertisement partnership. While we were having our talk, my secretary walks in to ask if we need a drink or something to eat. She expected me to say no, but when Reika also said no, Yoriko hesitated for a moment too long before bowing and exiting the room. While its not strange not to refuse a drink, the fact that she knows about me probably made her suspicious of Reika when she refused. Maybe I'm just worrying about nothing, though.. Maybe Reika didn't notice it.

My old man used to be a good boxer. Boxed in the underground circuit for big money against others like him, crazy people who's only talent was punching things. One of the boxers he defeated, his name was Daisuke Anzai, held a grudge against father since the time he got his nose broken and 4 teeth knocked out during a bout with father. The guy is crazy, once every years he'd vandalize our property or come threaten father. After the siring, I put him out of my mind, but lately rumors in the undergrounds are starting to surface that worry me. They're saying that old man Anzai got his 2nd wind, returning to the underground at the age of 60. He's faster now, stronger, his fighting style more animalistic. Some times he gets so wild in the ring that once he's done bashing his opponents jaw into dust, he'll greedily lick the blood off of his fists.

These rumors reek of Gangrel.. and if they're true, then its just a matter of time before Anzai comes to father for a rematch.

Suzuki Ichibei, for sure. My Sire can't stand him. They've been fighting for control of the Shibuya nightlife for a long, long time. Turnovers, takeovers, liquidations, mergers, clubs closing or changing ownerships, all is a chess game between the both of them. My club happened to get caught in the crossfire and absorbed, just another pawn for My Sire. I'm grateful for that, Ichibei looks too soft for my tastes.

Archer666 fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Apr 23, 2014

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer
Quote =! Edit. Stupid phone

Clipperton fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Apr 23, 2014

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
Here's V-Yako's starting reactions, will do the questions in a bit:

Kei: There are a lot of ways to stand out, aren't there? People look at her, and then look away. It's a kind of power, though that'd be all against contract for me back then... maybe I should have broken it earlier? Ha ha, I'd never go that far~! I guess we got our bodies modified in the same way in the end, though!

Reiko: I hear that sort of thing is timeless, so a timeless person fits it. How old is she, I wonder?... it'd be rude to ask. She's kind of like an aunt, trying to look after me. Which is comforting some days, and... then there are the other days. I'm going to live my unlife the way I see fit, yeah? There isn't a "safe" existence, unless you want to lock yourself in a coffin.

Daimon: He's got a nice club, where everybody has fun!... but him. But that's just the way he is, the kind of guy who spends time staring at the tops of skyscrapers and entirely misses the stars and moon. But he's a good guy to hang around for a bit. Just once he climbs to the top, it's going to be best to be out of the way when he falls.

Jou: He sure isn't want you think of when you say "vampire"! He's not the guy you'd notice, but if I'm going to be signed up with Apex, I need to know somebody who gets on their V-side of things, since Sachie isn't going to be too aware of it. Still, it's a little strange meeting him in the places I hang out. I might need a good explanation ready, just in case!

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

... and her questions! (Corrected with updates!)

When Shimizu Junji's career slumped following The Video, he opted not to rely on his career overtly, particularly if he was going to have a relationship in the future. Of course, he dreamed of getting together with Miyako and throwing his career under the bus, but her silence had crushed his hopes. With that in mind, he opted to go to college - and ran into a childhood friend and former upperclassman, Haruno Saito. They hit it off again over drinks, and Saito is one of the few people who Junji trusts to treat him honestly as a buddy and mentor, as their friendship stretches back well before his fame.

and

Sachie is at simple risk as a mortal who serves as Miyako's primary contact with Apex Media. There's no evidence that Miyako's outed herself to Sachie, but there are some concerns by Matsuda Akira regarding what Sachie might know. If mundane survelliance turns up any clues, than the next step may very well involve disciplines or blood, and Sachie has no direct defenses against those. Akira's primary contact for such esoteric means would be Akiyama Iemata. Akira actually feeds Iemata information regarding Maeda, praying at a local shrine overseen by one of Iemata's monastic ghouls. Of course, in turn, Akira gets access to one of the largest sources of esoteric and occult information in the city, and the occasional curse flung at his rival. In the worst case scenario, Orochi Ko would be sent to just silence her outright, just to play it safe.

Though she doesn't have a regular haven, Miyako's feeding grounds have been very important to her, but her fandom makes them ripe with easy targets for a bite. But an older vampire, Hanzou, has taken a few pecks at her Hunting Grounds without permission. She hasn't been able to catch him in the act, but also realizes she may not have the means to force him off without Maeda intervention. And that would mean owing a favor to whoever managed that for her...

Though Akira is still an up-and-comer in Maeda, he's more that willing to push down anybody he considers a rival. Right now, he's keeping an eye on Daimon. Things are fine as they are, but if Daimon starts making any signs to surpass Akira within Maeda, Akira intends to knock Daimon down a notch. This is even if it hurts his own position; he is the proverbial crab in the Maeda bucket, and just cares about having a relatively better position than his peers.

Bonus Extra Material, Cut From the Original Questions! Exclusive To This Post!

After her arrival in Tokyo, Miyako was still fairly recognizable. It was clubside meeting with a little goth named Aki that gave her an impetus to shift her style away from the stereotypically cute getups she was used to in her career as a pop idol. Though Miyako veered more towards loli fashion than Aki did and really developed her own style, Aki really helped put her in contact with everything she needed for it. They're not friends per say, but warm acquaintances would fill the role. Maybe Aki just liked the idea of grimming up the idol a little, but they've continued to get along.

Alien Rope Burn fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Apr 24, 2014

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

This is where typos would have been fixed if I was editing instead of quoting my post.

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Well, that was an interesting exercise. god what have i wrought

Gonna work the OP this weekend.

Mitama fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Apr 24, 2014

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

:siren: Thread is up! :siren:

That took longer than it should have, I'm sorry about that.

Yes, your Requiem is the Kill Bill soundtrack.

TehWarsmith
Jul 3, 2010
good grief, trix, dem production values

Good luck everyone! Gonna be watchin every word!

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Just some few things to mention, going forward. I took some ideas from ritorix and his nWoD game, so kudos to him.

Beats + Experience!

Story beats! They're good things to get. Five Beats give you one point of Experience. You can get Beats through many ways.

• Fulfilling an Aspiration gets you a Beat. I hope you took some short-term Aspirations to go with your long-term ones! (Short-term being things you want to do a single "session".)

• Resolving a Condition (or not resolving them, in certain cases) gets you a Beat.

• If you fail a roll and turn it into a Dramatic Failure, you get a Beat.

• If you take lethal damage (not bashing damage) in your last health box, you get a Beat.

• Any time you must make a detachment roll, you get a Beat.

• You get a Beat per week for consistent posting.

• If you make an awesome post, whether through decisive action, meaningful interaction with other characters, or just a great moment of character development, you get a Beat. I'll decide if a post is awesome, though I also encourage everyone to nominate each other for great posts.

Absolutely let me know if you think you should get a Beat, but I missed it.

We're using the Group Beats rule, so everyone's Beats will go into a pool and will be distributed evenly amongst the party every month (or after some significant IC downtime, whichever happens first). Ideally, this should encourage everyone to help each other fulfill Aspirations, get into character moments, and otherwise make a lot of Beats. We'll see how it goes!

Scenes!

Anyone can elect to close a scene. Just say so in the OOC thread or the IRC, and if any other player agrees, we'll resolve the scene and move on to the next one. I'll have the final say about it, but the idea is to keep things moving into the stuff you guys want to act out.

Japanese Conventions!

This was a topic in the IRC a while ago, so might as well lay it here straight. I'm personally assuming that everyone is talking in (not terrible) English subtitles anyway, so no need to use honorifics or any of that stuff. Same goes for any Japanese terms that probably already have an English equivalent, just go ahead and use the latter.

Some terms I leave untranslated, though. They might be important.

Mitama fucked around with this message at 14:28 on Apr 29, 2014

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

ARB: I didn't forget your roll, it's just there weren't any more interesting people to meet at that point. :( I'll let you carry over that roll for later, when other important groups become relevant to the Chronicle.

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer
Kei's Fetishist Contacts presumably include a few Kindred - how much of a bonus is that going to be worth when she leans on them to find a Solace junkie?

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Go ahead and add two dice. :)

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Everything alright, Archer?

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
Oh christ. Sorry. I had some problems with my moving out and whole bunch of personal issues just led to me breaking down and ditching all responsibilities for a while.

I'm doing a bit better now. Sorry, didn't mean to screw things up for you guys. I'll be around this weekend onward.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Actually, I think I'm going to call this game. :( No one's fault but mine; I gave it a slower start than I should have and it got really harder to stay interested. I don't think nWoD is my thing after all.

I'm sorry to everyone for taking up your time.

• Locked thread