Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Teron D Amun
Oct 9, 2010

Nektu posted:

A few months ago it looked as if Hollande together with the southern states was starting to form an alliance to break merkels predominace in the council. In the end, he joined the austerity crowd. Austerity will stay.

the german word for that behaviour is "solid arisch"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teron D Amun
Oct 9, 2010

Randler posted:

I really want to know what the participation in Germany would be like if they did put national elections on the same day.

there were many local elections too in Germany this Sunday so the rise in participation isn't that surprising

it wasn't a bad move to couple the unpopular Euro votes together with communal elections that people are interested in

Teron D Amun
Oct 9, 2010

Phlegmish posted:

That liberal collapse is amazing. Why do they keep declining?

their voters switched to the AfD, same neo liberal economic views coupled with extreme conservative social views and of course them being anti euro

Teron D Amun
Oct 9, 2010

Smirr posted:

no need to make up lies about them being anti-Euro.

uhh the AfD is very anti-Euro and thats what I meant there

Teron D Amun
Oct 9, 2010

he should check his spelling first

and I can't remember when the Eurovision has ever been "hetrosexual pure"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teron D Amun
Oct 9, 2010

LemonDrizzle posted:

Turning a run down ex-communist hellhole into part of a functional modern country was kind of expensive.

East Germany being an "economic hellhole" is one of those popular myths that keep popping up but it doesn't make it any more true, what killed the industry were all the shady deals made afterwards by the Treuhand to sell the property for literally 1 DM

• Locked thread