Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
I've had "Eye of the Tiger" in my head all weekend, it's great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

DetoxP posted:

I didn't vote and I never do. Anarchy. Tear down the system. Dickeye as mod.

Running on a platform of failed dreams and spite.

I Before E is a son of a bitch. I hope you see this Niel you fucker.

Hibernator
Aug 14, 2011

Rocky
Rocky Balboa
Rocky II
Rocky IV
Rocky V
Rocky III

Goddammit Bill Conti is amazing.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Vargo posted:

No one cares.

I liked Cipotle but then I found the Qdoba down the street, and man, that's better in every single way.

gently caress both of those places go here:

https://www.google.com/maps/place/T...a363c848cb4c7eb

This is my favorite Mexican in Philly, hands down.

edit: then walk like 2 blocks down Washington and buy some live frogs by the pound.

LittleFuryThings
Jan 11, 2012
Last thread taught be about wrestling and Tinder. This thread has already taught me about the proper ranking of the Rocky series. 5 rating again. Thank you, Gen Chat.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

Baron von Eevl posted:

gently caress both of those places go here:

https://www.google.com/maps/place/T...a363c848cb4c7eb

This is my favorite Mexican in Philly, hands down.

edit: then walk like 2 blocks down Washington and buy some live frogs by the pound.

If I'm in that neighborhood, why wouldn't I just eat pho?

Calamity Brain
Jan 27, 2011

California Dreamin'

LittleFuryThings posted:

Last thread taught be about wrestling and Tinder. This thread has already taught me about the proper ranking of the Rocky series. 5 rating again. Thank you, Gen Chat.

Now you've loving done it. At least we hit second page first!

Actual movie talk: I watched Solaris (d.p. Vadim Yusov) this morning and I didn't know it was possible to really like a movie while also having it bore you to death.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

LittleFuryThings posted:

Speaking of wrestling, nWo Souled Out 1997 opens with a weird sequence where everyone rides to the arena on garbage trucks and it feels like the opening to a snuff film.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Vargo posted:

If I'm in that neighborhood, why wouldn't I just eat pho?

Because sometimes you just want some damned chorizo!

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
I would choose mexican food/Americanized mexican food over almost any other cuisine type in a straight up battle almost any day, forever, til dead.

gently caress yes tacos please I'm gunna go make something right now. Where is my masa

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Traditional Mexican is the best. I should retire and move to Mexico.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Philadelphia has way better Asian cuisine than it does Mexican, though.

I will have to try that place that the Baron recommended though.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Baron von Eevl posted:

Because sometimes you just want some damned chorizo!
I just ate Chipotle like an hour ago after seeing Raid 2 and now you've got me wanting chorizo. Goddamnit.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
You are chipotle. If you had some mexican food now you could eat it for the first time today.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I said it in the last Gen Chat thread and I'll say it in this one too: hate on Chipotle all you want, but their guacamole is up there with some of the best authentic Mexican restaurants I've been to, and as a lover of Mexican cuisine, I've been to several of those all across the country.

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies
I have a dream that someday, in the history classes of the future, all the world's children are taught the truth: Rocky Balboa ended the Cold War by winning a boxing match in Russia.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

I said it in the last Gen Chat thread and I'll say it in this one too: hate on Chipotle all you want, but their guacamole is up there with some of the best authentic Mexican restaurants I've been to, and as a lover of Mexican cuisine, I've been to several of those all across the country.

how do you mess up guacamole though?

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

zVxTeflon posted:

Chipotle does it all the time man!

Actually living in the Midwest I've seen some terrible guac. Like put some mayonnaise in it you know?

Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.

ChickenMedium posted:

I have a dream that someday, in the history classes of the future, all the world's children are taught the truth: Rocky Balboa ended the Cold War by winning a boxing match in Russia.

This would be great as one of those weird little background details in an 80s-90s-themed League of Extraordinary Gentlemen.

Wilhelm Scream
Apr 1, 2008

ChickenMedium posted:

Aided only by a group of plucky kids from small town Colorado.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

zVxTeflon posted:

Oh it's very possible. Like, I know comparing anything to Taco Bell is laughable, but the guacamole in Taco Bell's Cantina menu items is loving atrocious. It probably comes out of a tube and it tastes like it does for sure. At Chipotle, it tastes fresh and like it's made with quality ingredients and you know it is because you can see them making it right behind the counter.

Cilantro, red onion, lime and salt does good guacamole make.

dreadnought
Dec 28, 2006

:rolleyes:

LittleFuryThings posted:

Sweet username. It's starting to get to the perfect kind of weather for listening to Dino Jr., whom I have not listened to in an inexcusably long time.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Vargo posted:

Philadelphia has way better Asian cuisine than it does Mexican, though.

I will have to try that place that the Baron recommended though.

The cool thing about bellavista is you can some Mexican food that's being cooked by and for actual Mexican immigrants like a block away from a shopping center with 2 different Vietnamese places both cooking by and for actual Vietnamese immigrants, and then go to a Buddhist temple. And this is like 3 blocks North of all that Pat's and Geno's nonsense.

Geekboy
Aug 21, 2005

Now that's what I call a geekMAN!

Vargo posted:

No one cares.

I liked Cipotle but then I found the Qdoba down the street, and man, that's better in every single way.

loving what!?

The only times I've eaten Qdoba all I've wished was that I was eating Chipotle. Or, ideally, something else all together.

Also: You were not kidding about Portland dating. This is going to be ... interesting.

Also, I'm pretty sure I voted 5 while drinking because I wanted to favstar someone's post.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Chipotle is good. Even compared to the chains here in Texas. Costa Vida is pretty great though. Fresh tortillas and stuff like raspberry chicken and good habanero salsa and more options. Qdobas is lame and Moes and Freebirds was crap.

I need to find a good Mexican place though.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

yall wish you had ample Taco Burrito Kings spread throughout your crummy cities

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

Something about this feels kinda hinky
The site where John Dilinger died is now a Qdoba.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

Geekboy posted:

Also: You were not kidding about Portland dating. This is going to be ... interesting.

Hahahaha, good luck a-hole.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Rocky, Rocky IV, Rocky Balboa, and other stuff I guess. Pretty sure that alone could be a trilogy that tells most of the atory.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

There's a Moe's about to open up in a new building literally like 2 blocks from my house. It's going to be the only one in the area, I think, and I've never eaten there before. I'll try it out for sure though.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
It's nothing special but you like Chipotle so you'll probably love it.

Kevar
Jan 1, 2005
gimmar
People who do not have a Chipotle in their town lose their loving minds over Chipotle. I missed out on seeing Code Orange Kids like 3 years ago because everyone I was going to the show with freaked out when we drove past a Chipotle and they were all "gently caress an opening band."

I'm 10 minutes into Olympus Has Fallen and this is just garbage. Not even the fun kind of garbage.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

There's a Moe's about to open up in a new building literally like 2 blocks from my house. It's going to be the only one in the area, I think, and I've never eaten there before. I'll try it out for sure though.

Meat quality was lovely poo poo poo poo as was the other stuff.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Kevar posted:

People who do not have a Chipotle in their town lose their loving minds over Chipotle. I missed out on seeing Code Orange Kids like 3 years ago because everyone I was going to the show with freaked out when we drove past a Chipotle and they were all "gently caress an opening band."

I'm 10 minutes into Olympus Has Fallen and this is just garbage. Not even the fun kind of garbage.
I never had Chipotle until like...the end of 2012. We didn't have one here and I never ate at one out of town either. Then we got our first one here, and the first time I went, I wasn't impressed with it at all. Probably because they had just opened? Then I went back and gave it another chance a few weeks later and I was blown away. It became like crack to me. I had to have it at least once or twice a week for the next several weeks.

Here's a debate we already had in the last thread but I thought Olympus Has Fallen was way more fun and a much better Die Hard successor than White House Down was :v:

melvinthemopboy3
Sep 29, 2008
Rocky
Rocky Balboa
Rocky III
Rocky II
Rocky IV
Rocky V

They're all pretty good except for Rocky V, though.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I'm going to be honest here, I've only seen Rocky. It's probably my favourite movie (or at least top 5).

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Rocky is legit good. Rocky 4 is good for entirely different reasons. The rest are poo poo garbage.

Hewlett
Mar 4, 2005

"DANCE! DANCE! DANCE!"

Also, drink
and watch movies.
That's fun too.

There's nothing quite like going to an afternoon show of Rio 2 on a Saturday, at the same time as a kid's birthday party. By yourself. Why, oh why didn't I just make myself review Draft Day?

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I pity everyone in here praising Chipotle while having never eaten a Pancheros burrito. Pancheros is the manna from which all other burritos shy away, for fear of being completely overshadowed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Friedpundit
May 6, 2009

Merry Christmas Scary Wormhole!
Rocky
Rockee
Rocko
Ricky
Ay Ricky
Rocky
RickRock
RockRolled
RicRocRucRicRit
Rocky Dodge... If You Live, Punch!
Rococo
Rocky! Remember to Ice Your Balls Before the Big Match!
Rocky Balboa aka Rocky's Modern Life

• Locked thread