Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Real Steel is the best Rocky movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Yoshifan823 posted:

Real Steel is the best Rocky movie.
second best surely, there is no rocky punching a cow carcass and saying "moo"

Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.
Whats the consensus on crashing a stranger's party thats going on in the apartment directly beneath you? Acceptable?

CloseFriend
Aug 21, 2002

Un malheur ne vient jamais seul.

Beyond sane knolls posted:

Whats the consensus on crashing a stranger's party thats going on in the apartment directly beneath you? Acceptable?
Tell them you're a distant relative of the guy who lives there and call yourself Uncle Penis.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Put your dick in the mashed potatoes.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Whip it out.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
I saw a comercial tonight that informed me that Johnny Rotten is in a touring production of Jesus Christ Superstar.

Joe Strummer totally won.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.
This weekend I officially met CineD goons in person (besides TrixRabbi, he doesn't count)

It was weird.

(Actually, both were very cool, and both recognized me in an instant. My fat face is just that noticable, I guess)

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Was it Dickeye? It was Dickeye, wasn't it?

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Friedpundit posted:

Rocky
Rockee
Rocko
Ricky
Ay Ricky
Rocky
RickRock
RockRolled
RicRocRucRicRit
Rocky Dodge... If You Live, Punch!
Rococo
Rocky! Remember to Ice Your Balls Before the Big Match!
Rocky Balboa aka Rocky's Modern Life

What about the best one, Throw Rocky From The Train?

Stand on a table and loudly, drunkenly explain Dickeye to the party.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Was it Dickeye? It was Dickeye, wasn't it?

If I met Dickeye, I would have included motherfucdeks in the statement above.

TrixRabbi
Aug 20, 2010

Time for a little robot chauvinism!

TheBigBudgetSequel posted:

This weekend I officially met CineD goons in person (besides TrixRabbi, he doesn't count)

Booooooo

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Nobody has explained Dickeye to me.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

bowmore posted:

There once lived a man whose dick had an eye, or whose dick was an eye...

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

bowmore posted:

Unfortunately, no one can be told what Dickeye is. You have to see him for yourself.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

bowmore posted:

imagine four bad posts on the edge of a cliff...

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011

bowmore posted:

Anime + wrestling + bad posting = Dickeye

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

SALT CURES HAM posted:

ugh that is like the worst.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

bowmore posted:

ugh that is like the worst.
Nah it is literally the worst ;)

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

SALT CURES HAM posted:

No, it's comics, not anime. Get it right.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

lovely Mexican chain chat: anyone ever been to a Baja Fresh? There's one in the union on my campus and it's... acceptable I guess. It was pretty disheartening when I asked for sour cream and they pulled out a loving caulk gun to squeeze out a cylinder of sour cream onto my burrito though.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

baja is like 1/2 step above taco bell

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

I miss having a Taco Cabana around :smith:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

lovely Mexican chain chat: anyone ever been to a Baja Fresh? There's one in the union on my campus and it's... acceptable I guess. It was pretty disheartening when I asked for sour cream and they pulled out a loving caulk gun to squeeze out a cylinder of sour cream onto my burrito though.
Never been there but we have a local chain (well I think it's exclusively in Louisiana, at least) called Izzo's Illegal Burrito and they do that same caulk gun sour cream poo poo. They do it with guac too. gently caress that place. I pretty much stopped going there altogether a couple years ago when it was discovered that someone had set up a hidden spy camera in the wall of the women's bathroom.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

It wasn't too bad. The one that used to be close to me before it shut down had the best salads I've ever had. Outside of the Cobb (no eggs) at Champps.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Literally The Worst posted:

I Before E is a son of a bitch. I hope you see this Niel you fucker.

You made me watch Uncensored 1995, you deserve all the hell I can unleash upon you.

Though I did not consider that I'd have to watch it too. Oh my god it's bad.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Dude how did you get your avatar so huge?

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

bowmore posted:

Dude how did you get your avatar so huge?

A mod forced it upon me and like 4 other posters for posting in the SMG FYAD thread.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Oh ok,

I Before E posted:

A mod forced it upon me and like 4 other posters for posting in the SMG FYAD thread.
haha fair enough. I guess there are worse things than the head of Macklemore.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

Poor fools. If it doesn't have Formica booths, fermented carrots and a menu that looks like a college bulletin board, you are paying too much for inferior Mexican food.

No Formica is acceptable if it's a booth or truck. If you can pay in anything other than cash be wary. If they don't serve menudo on the weekends then run.

You know you found the right place if you waited in line for tacos and a burrito from a truck in the parking lot of an auto body shop at midnight, following a six hour tattoo session, like I just did.

El Chato, how I missed you.

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever
My best friend, a 110-pound girl, came back to my house tonight the one night we haven't hung out on the weekend in several months, with two swollen black eyes from a random guy backhanding her twice.

I feel helpless.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat
I voted 3. On the one hand, film chat, humour, dating antics, and posters like Vargo, CPL, Voodoo, CloseFriend etc.

On the other hand, rasslin' comic book chat, anime, and Dickeye and Rageaholic Monkey.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Criminal Minded posted:

My best friend, a 110-pound girl, came back to my house tonight the one night we haven't hung out on the weekend in several months, with two swollen black eyes from a random guy backhanding her twice.

I feel helpless.
Definitely a random? All you really do is be there for her anyway.

Sheldrake
Jul 19, 2006

~pettin in the park~
I have found great Mexican food in Japan. None of the rest of you have any excuse.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

dreadnought posted:

Sweet username. It's starting to get to the perfect kind of weather for listening to Dino Jr., whom I have not listened to in an inexcusably long time.

When I was watching The Double last week there was a guy in a 5-second one-line role who looked a lot like J Mascis and I thought to myself 'that guy looks a lot like J Mascis!' When I looked it up it turned out that the guy who looked a lot like J Mascis was in fact J Mascis, making a 5-second one-line cameo in a low-budget artsy independent black comedy for reasons beyond me.

Professor Clumsy
Sep 12, 2008

It is a while still till Sunrise - and in the daytime I sleep, my dear fellow, I sleep the very deepest of sleeps...

Only if you literally come crashing through the ceiling. You'll be the life of the party. Unless you die.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

If you brought beer and had good personal hygiene I would welcome you with open arms.

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen

Absolutely perfectly acceptable. I'm always happy when my neighbours join in. Community spirit, innit.

Edit: Also you don't have to worry that the upstairs neighbour will be agonising or complaining about noise and shenanigans if they're actively participating.

ynohtna fucked around with this message at 14:27 on Apr 13, 2014

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Just remembered another Mexican chain that doesn't entirely suck. Plaza Azteca is pretty cool and they go all out in covering every square inch of wall space with crazy poo poo like fake firepits and pictures of Chichen Itza. Checking their website, it looks like it's pretty much just a Mid-Atlantic/Northeast thing though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
Don't go to chain restaurants. Wander around until you find a place with a note on the glass that uses WordArt and get something there for a true culinary experience.

• Locked thread