Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry

Gatts posted:

I've been having fun. Moved from Ohio. In Dallas FTW. Friendlier peeps. Going to Austin on weekend.

NYC owns though.

Yay congrats Flunchster!

Do you drink? I live in DFW. We can grab a drink sometime if you like dives.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry

Voodoofly posted:

Airborne is the the epitome of the early 90s and you should all be ashamed of yourselves for not having mentioned it sooner.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mz2CMDCD3WQ

Edit: I forgot it also had early Jack Black and Jacob Vargas. The world needs more Jacob Vargas.

Sorry but Brink, Smart House or any Disney channel movie is more 90s.

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry
Biodigital jazz...

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry
It's like the people who insist on letting you know they don't drink or watch sports. I don't get it.

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry

bows1 posted:

ChatRoulette started as a social platform but became a playground for the sexually monstrous

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4zYWyXwKrHg

Dick to floor. Mean jerk time.

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry
My sympathies, Gatts. Hope your dating life gets back on track soon. Condolences.

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry

Gatts posted:

Yeah. Okay. So apparently I ended up teaching them about game, broke poo poo down, and how to dress and what looked good and whatnot and what would work with their body type and colors. Apparently I was the master.

But fun day! Watching Crazy Stupid Love, good movie.

Where did you go? The night is young!

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry

Gatts posted:

I had the CineD draft man, I thought it was gonna be my turn so I raced home! Nah, we just went out shopping at some outlet place, and I like told them what looked good on them and their bodies and what was a bit more classy, about material, color matching, the impression something would give, good poo poo. They're like "Wait, you know what the gently caress you're doing." Went to uptown Dallas for a bit and broke down what was going to happen from guys hitting on girls and what they thought and was mostly right. "That guy is talking to her, she's seemingly being nice to him and listening but there's no interest and she's going to do her thing, turn around, and he's going to linger too long and move on." and BAM it happened. The club is not my environment. I am awkward as poo poo there in terms of being loose and dancing and just doing poo poo.

Even weeks ago they were like "Wait, so we were talking to them and they were buying into us the whole night, why didn't they go for it?" and I'm like "Dude, we bought them drinks, they ain't gonna refuse, and we were just having fun and were their entertainment. They're not going to hook up with you cause we're all mostly strangers, you dudes are like 6'4 and built and while fun and decent dudes they've got to go a long way to your place and probably didn't intend to hook up and were reserved. The whole time you were entertaining them while they didn't offer much back even though we all joked and poo poo." They were chatting them up and the game plan was supposed to be that I was an oil sheikh from Dubai. I came in late because I was hungry and ate at a pizza truck. I thought they were joking about this plan so when they asked what I did I just told them I worked at my job with one of them and pretty much just being honest and genuine. Apparently they were serious about selling me as an oil sheikh. Even afterwards we met up with some co workers and they said "So what would you tell him?" and the other dude who didn't go out with us was like "I'd sell him as an oil sheikh, he can ball like one." and they're like "EXACTLY! He thought we were joking." and the girl there is like "Who gives a poo poo, you're just hooking up for the night, not marrying each other. Do whatever." "That's, like being noble dude, but that's not how this works." "The sooner you get into the game, the more you learn how this works and get what you want." blah blah.

Haha. I was in uptown too with some friends, actually. Hit up Katy trail and then 6th and Kung fu. I'll PM you and we can do a thing sometime. Oil sheik.

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry

Hat Thoughts posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EU2AIxkxiwg

All of this video is funny but at around 10 minutes in it really does become something else.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHx4H6YrLgY

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry
They already did that, I thought.

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry

space chandeliers posted:

I just found out Leslie Carlson died last month. I knew him mostly from his work with Cronenberg.

That makes this short even more sad.

RIP. Loved him in the Naked Gun movies.

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry

Literally The Worst posted:

Huh. I was sure you were going to say "Spark a race war" or something about communism. Hadn't even thought about MKULTRA.

MKULTRA was probably my favorite SNES fighting game. So many characters.

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry

Dissapointed Owl posted:

The American alternative would be yeeeeehaaa I just got back from seeing Jeff Foxworthy at the local mall and he has got me giddy as a pig on a spit, I tells ya.

Giddy as a pig in poo poo

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry

Literally The Worst posted:

Four days before I move 600 miles, the apartment complex calls to say "Hey we never got those pay stubs and we need two for you to get your keys." Never mind that I sent them a month ago and there was a whole month for them to tell me poo poo was hosed up so I could fix it, they need them four days before I pack up and leave. ALso my bank statement doesn't cut it despite having 4+ grand saved up for this for job hunting, I need pay stubs from a job in another state that I will have quit to move down there. I'm going to lie and tell them I'm working from home temporarily I guess?

I don't think that will get you the keys.

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry
Watch the movie instead.

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry

DrVenkman posted:

On another note: When people talk about about Jeff Goldblum movies I hope that more people bring up Mr Frost and Deep Cover. Both movies are hugely underrated and sadly underseen.

Earth Girls are Easy.

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry

Geekboy posted:

I'm having a drink with my ex tonight because I make bad decisions. I survived the two months we agreed not to talk to each other and she was the one who contacted me and asked if we could meet in person to catch up. So that at least feels like a small victory.

You'll know how well it went by the number of drunk tweets you see this evening.

In healthier news: camping rules. Camping alone rules. Skinnydipping rules. Skinnydipping with salamanders rules.

I know a lot of the stuff I'm buying are "buy it once, use it for 10 years" kinds of things, but this initial investment in all my camping gear is killing my wallet.

Also: This thread has too many posts and I just skipped about 600. Your lists rules and all but I gots poo poo to do here.

Enjoy post break up sex.

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry

Geekboy posted:

Are you all surprised that things went poorly and I'm sad? Me either! How about that I didn't get drunk afterwards? Because I'm a little surprised by that.

So what happened.

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry

CloseFriend posted:

Holy poo poo, I am touched that someone likes my drawings enough to want to see them! Well, far be it from me to hold out. Here's a Humans of New York subject I just finished…

Nice, didn't know Nick Kroll lived in New York.

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry

SALT CURES HAM posted:

So it's my second full day of visiting SALT CURES VAG and she's already tired of my bullshit whoopee

e: also waking up the day after your birthday to find that your SO hosed another dude while you were passed out drunk is not a good feeling

like tbf we are poly but one of the boundaries we set was "no bringing people home to gently caress them unless it's both of us" plus it was literally my goddamn birthday

Lmao

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

Isn't SALT CURES HAM the guy who got really mad at his parents for getting him socks for Christmas in addition to an iPad or something?

Is that the same dude who wouldn't visit his dying dad in the hospital because he was a republican or something.

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry

Geekboy posted:

I'm going on a first date tonight and I'm sure it's going to go well.

Please post the results here. Is she in a poly relationship too.

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry

Geekboy posted:

I'm meeting a girl I'm seeing's husband for the first time this week. He's going to help me fix up my bicycle. He seems like a pretty rad dude.

That or he'll murder me and then I'll be dead.

I hosed your wife, thanks for fixing my bike.

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry

Fat Lou posted:

Lol, don't loving talk with her you goddamn idiot. My last relationship was perfect until she did something hilariously terrible. There are some points of no return and you experienced one. Let her go and move on. Do whatever you need to forget about her. I did a calm rational thing and started working for 80 hours a week and then moved 500 miles away.

What did she do

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry

CPL593H posted:

I just find it really hard to believe that there was no way out of that house. If nothing else that is a serious loving fire hazard. I'm having a hell of a time wrapping my mind around this and also the fact that you just couldn't figure out any way to get out even if this was some kind of caged in house. It never occurred to you to call the police or something? Under what pretense did you allow them to just leave you in a strange house that is apparently some sort of jail? I have so many questions about how all this happened.

He's not gonna call the cops because that would piss off his gf when the cops break her door down.

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry

bows1 posted:

Any recommended PodCasts to listen to if I only really like The Bugle?

Uhh Yeah Dude.

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry
I like not having reserved seating because you can get to the theater 5 minutes before it starts and just ask people to scoot over and get awesome seats with your friend cause people always leave a space in-between each other.

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

Over the line, pal.

I think it's straddling the line much like Salt's gf was straddling the random dude's junk next to SALT's passed out drunk body.

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry

DNS posted:

Hey gen chat. What's poppin.

I was watching Clockers the other night cuz it was expiring on instant. I was struck by how much signage Spike had made just for the movie. Nelson Mandela Homes in front of some projects, a ton of pointedly designed billboards, it's almost like Beatty's Dick Tracy how he built this weird and vivid alternate world in a gritty Brooklyn movie. I also thought how he would never get to make that scale of movie now - its budget was 25 million! That's like 5 Spike Lee features today, and it was just a simple story about a drug dealer and a detective.

Welcome back, friendo. :yum:

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry

Happy Fun Bollocks posted:

No, my landlady won't even let me have a dog let alone a child from the internet.

is that landlady your mom

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry

Yoshifan823 posted:

I love my best friend dearly, he's incredibly important to me and I would do pretty much anything for him, which is what makes having to tell him not to cheat his girlfriend with a mutual friend of ours who he hasn't seen in a while all the more frustrating.

The worst part is that it's almost certainly partially driven by my jealousy that he has much better luck with women than I do.

That dude is gonna bang your friend. I'm sorry.

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry
drat, Seth making fun of Robin Williams' black man rapping schtik is one of my favorite bits on Uhh Yeah Dude.

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry
Get away from her you jerk!

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry
When some wild-eyed, eight-foot-tall maniac grabs your neck, taps the back of your favorite head up against the barroom wall, and he looks you crooked in the eye and he asks you if ya paid your dues, you just stare that big sucker right back in the eye, and you remember what ol' Jack Burton always says at a time like that: "Have ya paid your dues, Jack?" "Yessir, I paid in cash."

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry
Stop trying to hit me repeatedly.

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry
Slice of life: went to a comedy festival and saw Louis C.K. live for the first time. He was amazing, of course. Hannibal Buress was great too but Sarah Silverman was awful. Is her act always really preachy? I agree with her views but holy poo poo that was an unfunny half hour.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry

zVxTeflon posted:

Ive only seen her tv specials but I dont think any of them could be described as preachy? What did she talk about?

She came out wearing a support Texas women shirt and 90% of her set was about abortion and religion. She went on for a good 10 minutes about how republicans are slowly picking away at abortion rights and stuff. It was bad. Whitney Cummings was way better.

• Locked thread