Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

zVxTeflon posted:

"After the emotionally fraught final moments, just as we are savoring the implications of what has just happened, the screen fades to black and we immediately get a big credit for Bart the Bear. Now Bart is one helluva bear (I loved him in the title role of The Bear), but this credit in this place is a spectacularly bad idea" ~ Roger Ebert

Please tell me this is in regard to the above fight sequence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

I went to go see how much it costs to buy Blue Jam on CD and it's a hundred goddamn dollars (one used for 20 bucks).

The Chris Morris compilation CD? It's alright but its hardly the best sketches and you lose the atmosphere without the uncannily perfect music selection. Best to listen to full episodes on youtube. My Wrongs and the Jam DVDs would be better buys.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzquCGpuIsQ

Chubby Henparty fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Jul 1, 2014

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

Really. Guess I know what I'm buying. I got On The Hour 1 + 2 on iTunes.

Awesome. You'll want The Day Today and the Peter Cook interviews as well. Guess I'm listening to them for the next hour now.

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

I've had Day Today on DVD for a long time, but this Peter Cook poo poo is already making me laugh. I think Chris Morris was the last comedian I discovered that made me think he was one of the funniest people on Earth.

He really is, and far too quick witted. If you listen to his old radio-DJ sets and the interviews where he gets up the noses of Brett Easton Ellis, Piers Morgan etc its hard to say what's scripted and what's off the cuff but its all gold.

Given current news its probably time for a rewatch of *Paedogeddon*
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcU7FaEEzNU

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

grave posting error

Chubby Henparty fucked around with this message at 12:38 on Jul 2, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

Jack Gladney posted:

I just really wish we could live in a time when it was harder to know anything about movies before seeing them. The best theater experience I ever had in my life was seeing Grundhouse because when "Planet Terror" started wrapping up after an hour, it was clear nobody knew what was happening. The thrill of discovery was amazing as crazy poo poo just kept happening, and I loved sharing it with a theater full of people going through the same thing.

Following from this, From Dusk till Dawn. Saw this at the theatre thinking it would be just like every other 90s Tarantino/Avery/-like crime movie and the whole audience was gobsmacked.

• Locked thread