Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Literally The Worst posted:

I Before E is a son of a bitch. I hope you see this Niel you fucker.

You made me watch Uncensored 1995, you deserve all the hell I can unleash upon you.

Though I did not consider that I'd have to watch it too. Oh my god it's bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

bowmore posted:

Dude how did you get your avatar so huge?

A mod forced it upon me and like 4 other posters for posting in the SMG FYAD thread.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

This is totally going to be a thing where we see who taps out first so we can watch good wrestling instead, isn't it?

Yep.

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

My roommate likes watching ted talks in the living room on 1.5 speed so everyone sounds like chipmunk people.

He's a nice guy, but I think I might destroy him.

That sounds absolutely hilarious, but I get why you might get annoyed.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

I'm not sure whether I want to watch The Third Man tonight or the Scooby-Doo movie where he teams up with John Cena and Sin Cara, and Sin Cara speaks only in acrobatics, which John Cena has to translate.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Mad Men season 7A starts tonight! Who's ready to watch Don Draper continue to burn down his carefully constructed life some more?????

I was a little worried that I might miss it for Total Divas, but luckily they don't overlap.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Who plays Kirby, who plays Ditko, who plays Roy Thomas?

Jon Hamm plays Steranko.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

effectual posted:

Saw "Down With Love" (2003, music: Mark Shaiman; dp: Jeff Croenweth; editor: Larry Bock) (seriously, check imdb for those 3) last night and it was really funny and charming. If you liked the Rock Hudson/Doris Day romcoms this is very inspired by them, complete with a familiar cameo.

This title rules http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2093965/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_1

Aw hell yes Down With Love is just spectacular.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Who's getting punished there?

That's none of our business, though I hope they have a good safeword.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

There should be a mod challenge for this entire thread to only talk about movies, period.

That's what all the other threads are for.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

CPL593H posted:

It's "Garth Ennis".

I have a hard time believing Dickeye wouldn't talk about Garth Ennis in the bedroom.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

DNS posted:

Batting cleanup for Dickeye. drat thats a new indignity even for a lovely retard like you.

You're like the chief dude who torments us with gay rear end crap about comics and music. Or at least #2 (thats not the only way you're like #2, lol) behind Dickeye. I want to plunge a knife into your yankee chest while whispering "shh, shh" like the guy from Saving Private Ryan. An insanely stupid and self-impressed fruit like you doesn't have any business looking down on the lowest paramecium, let alone Subg.

I'm a little late to the party on this one, but oh my god dude, simmer the gently caress down. Also maybe cut back on the homophobia, ableism, and poor grammar.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

I'm not familiar with most of these, but Steak n Shake is the best.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Professor Clumsy posted:

Dessert pizza sounds good, desert pizza sounds awful.

High noon, take 10 paces and toss your dough.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Gatts posted:

Come visit me in Texas. We have this place called Redneck Heaven where the waitresses have southern drawl, made up like trailer trash in skimpy clothing, where on entering one says "Welcome to Redneck Heaven! Y'all sit where yah like, but mah face is taken!" and then as you are eating your gigantic chicken fried chicken covered in white gravy with sides one waitress can come by and tweak your nipples, while another massages your shoulders, and then another for no reason twerks in your face while you're trying to eat. They also have minnow shots (which I will not do because I value life...sorta) where you take a minnow out of a shot glass filled with water, throw it into the shot of alcohol, and then pound it down before it dies so it dies going down your gullet instead of the alcohol.

They celebrate your birthday by whipping your rear end with a belt. Note, that is not me.

uh what

is this some sort of fetish club for southerners?

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Skwirl posted:

That's the key phrase. If you paid 40 for it, it wasn't worth 130, it was worth 40. It's a collectable, it has no intrinsic value unlike I don't know, gold or foreign currency where there's an internationally recognized value you can go to multiple places and get similar rates. Your wizard poker cards are only worth what other people are willing to pay. I mean, if you can flip it for a profit, that's great, but don't pretend it's worth anything in real life.

Is this some sort of libertarian bitcoin rant?

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Geekboy posted:

I will admit that the first Hobbit movie was bloated, but the second was rad as gently caress.

Honestly, I thought the second was more bloated than the first. At least the first had the troll argument scene from the book(my favorite part of both the book and movies).

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

axleblaze posted:

Yeah. The elf subplots were particularly uninteresting and just seemed to go on and on. Everything involving the dragon was great but the rest just felt like they were killing time getting to said dragon.

I wish they had excised pretty much all the battle scenes except the one where they were in the barrels going down the river. That one was fuckin' tight.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

IMO, the best reason to listen to Dickeye Before E is the constant segments where I have to correct Dickeye on when and in what order things happened.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Speaking of comics chat, I got the complete collection of Solo from the library today. It's one of my favorite odd experiments in comics, they gave a bunch of different superstar artists 40 pages each to do whatever they wanted, and it owns.

Read Solo, at least the Mike Allred issue, because Mike Allred rules.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

As long as comic talk is going on, Sex Criminals(2013-, scripts by Matt Fraction, art by Chip Zdarsky, d.p. YES PLEASE) is the best comic around.

I Before E fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Apr 22, 2014

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

CPL593H posted:

The backgrounds in this book are always hilarious.

Oh, definitely. Chip Zdarsky is just so great at hiding tiny little background gags that it takes a few minutes to even notice.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Oh poo poo I didn't check the trade to see if the Fat Bottom Girls gag was preserved.

edit Holy poo poo it actually got updated.

oh my god that is the best news I'll hear all week

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

It's still a gag but it's a different gag. I think that scene is actually better with the post-it gag and not Suzie singing, even though Fat Bottom Girls is, in fact, the best song. It's mathematically proven.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMnjF1O4eH0

nope

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

morestuff posted:

It's not even the best song on that album.

Dead On Time or Let Me Entertain You?

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Oh, right, that's on that album too.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Yoshifan823 posted:

What movie should I set my heroin-fueled suicide to?

Sid and Nancy might not be the best idea.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

BOAT SHOWBOAT posted:

Would you have seen a better selection of movies if you watched all the Palme d'Or (Cannes) winners since 1975, or if you watched all the Best Picture (Oscars) winners from the same time period?

The Palmy winners in that period include Taxi Driver, Paris, Texas, and Pulp Fiction, so I'm gonna say those.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Criminal Minded posted:

Okay so I haven't watched a new movie in like over a month. First movie suggestion I haven't seen, I'll watch sometime this week. Under three hours, and good faith suggestions please.

Walk Hard
UHF
For For Fake

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Sheldrake posted:

"For gently caress's Sake: Orson Welles' Career as a Voice Actor"

Uh no, that would obviously be named How Green Was My Pea-ness.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Gonz posted:

"Oh, what luck. A french fry stuck in my beard!"

They're even better when you're dead!

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

The weirdest thing I always forget about Solo is that it has Paul Pope straight remaking OMAC issue 1 and that is somehow not the best part of that entire series.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

I dunno, it might be.

The series also has Brendan McCarthy's fake lost reconstruction of a dream comic where Batman fights a giant hand and also literally everything else in the McCarthy issue and also the Allred one.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Noxville posted:

Harvester really is something special.

There are a lot of interesting concepts handled really poorly, and it seems to be going for a Lynchian tone which it never really hits.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Heaven Is For Trill, by Colton Purpo, only on datpiff.com

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Geekboy posted:

Also, my avatar is accurate.

Doggie dancing is your life?

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Voodoofly posted:

I know Hewlett has his drink and movie podcast. I could use a pick-me-up, and my wife is out of town, so I figured this thread is the next best idea.

Recommend something off Netflix or Hulu Plus, and pair it with one of the drink options below. I'll probably come back in half an hour or so and pick whichever sounds the best.

I grabbed some of my favorites, or things I wanted to try, for the selections. Here is the breakdown of the lineup:

The big fancy bottles:
Brasserie Les Trois Fourquet - Lupulus Ale: Never had it, and I'm disallowing The Grey as its pairing choice (don't think I can handle The Grey again right now).
Lodgson Seizoen Bretta

The Almanac Suite:
Golden Gate Gose
Sourdough Wild Ale: never had it
Farmer's Reserve Pluot Sour
Bourbon Sour Porter: never had it
Dogpatch Sour

The hard stuff:
Evan Williams Single Barrel "K&L Hand Selected": the bourbon
Mount Gay Extra Old: the rum
some K&L hand selected reposado: one of the best tequilas I've ever tasted, but it has like fifteen names on the bottle and I have no idea which is what
Don Amado: the mescal

As far as cocktails, I'm out of Campari, but I can handle or improvise any other sort of standard mixers, citrus, herbs, bitters, etc.

Honestly, even typing this out cheered me up, so help make the night better with a nice drink and something to watch it with.

Start from the left and don't stop until you've finished all of The State.

E: also, put one in a large container to the side so whenever Louie shows up you can dip your balls in it

I Before E fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Apr 29, 2014

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

So editing a podcast is a big ol' pain in the rear end.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

CelticPredator posted:

Man, speaking of Adrian Brody, I loved him in Predators. He was a bit hammy, but he pulled that character off. The only thing I couldn't buy was him cutting the head off of a Predator with one swing. Maybe it was two, I don't remember. I don't think Dutch could've done that.

Mike Harrigan could though. Harrigan is the unsung hero of the Predator franchise. :colbert:

Maybe you posted this in the wrong thread, but still, speaking of Adrien Brody

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygI-2F8ApUM

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Corek posted:

All this Neil Cicierega stuff being posted (he did MOUTH SOUNDS too) and nobody mentioned Helldump running him off the forum after his mom told him not to post here anymore?

I'm sorry, what? This sounds like an amazing story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Gatts posted:

You know what sucks, looking at shirts you think are awesome but then wonder "The shirt is fine...but do I like it because the model it is on has a hot body? Is that why it looks good? I don't got those genetics."

http://www.dealman.co.nz/collections/shirts/products/men-s-patterned-silk-look-shirt

I don't even know if they make something in my size since I don't get the measurements and have to go visit a tailor.

That shirt looks like the latest Deus Ex game hosed the "unjustifiably expensive" section of a Vegas mall JC Penney's.

• Locked thread