Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
So I would say the Mets thing for Pryce is symbolic for support of a new team, for hanging in there. Now, in 69 the Mets are winning and Don probably puts it up because they're doing well and it reminds him of Lane. But really the message for Don should be hang in there, you can't lose forever. Which ties in nicely with the whole arc for the episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Victor Vermis posted:

...they're just loving with us at this point, right?

I have been fearing that plot line for a while now. They have to be just loving with us.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
They're toasted started off (as far as I know) as "They're toasted - so they're better for you" and eventually moved on to (similar to Don's pitch) "They're toasted - that's why they taste so good"

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I don't think that a happy ending is likely, because so much of this show is "look how bad things were then, and have we really changed now" and it kind of defeats the purpose to go "and they lived happily ever after".

I mean, I can totally see "and they all lived happily ever after... or did they?"

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

hhhmmm posted:

Just rewatched S01E02, Don Draper really aged inbetween. Of course, they all did, but god drat.

Did you pick up the photos of Pete's wife clearly not being Pete's wife?

I think the worst for that is Rectify (which is an amazing show and everyone should watch it) because each season covers a short time frame, and there is only like 8 episodes a season or something so in the space of two months everyone ages a year.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Dancing Peasant posted:

So, I'm gonna try to work on the OP for the new thread since the show is coming back in less than 2 weeks. Any thread title suggestions?

Mad Men Final Season - You people sicken me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
"This is where I grew up" to me was a :tviv: moment.

That and the start of Season 7 where Don doesn't appear until halfway through the episode, but then you realise that he was actually giving the monologue at the start through Freddy was another.

• Locked thread