Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
That episode went by way too fast. I gotta say though I'm pretty happy with Mad Men and GoT so far this season, I'd kinda lost interest in both of them but they came on strong this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

cheerfullydrab posted:

I think that the seasons of successful drama shows will get stretched out so far that there will eventually be only one episode that airs, once every year or year and a half, ~2 hours long, and you'll have to drive somewhere to watch it.

Nice

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
I smell impending tears ITT

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
No matter how this show ends, I'll never forget the cacophony of phone calls I got after the lawn mower incident, and also my own jaw dropping

That might be one of the best things on TV ever

E: What are some other 'wtf' moments like that this show has had? Despite how much I like it, I don't do much in the way of rewatching it :shrug:

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
Oh yeah duh, I just saw that ken getting shot one. I didnt only mean like, bang bang wtf, but also emotionally wtf or whatever. Like, the hershey pitch would be one of those because you can feel your skin prickle as hes saying it.

E: was it a BB gun or a rifle? i always thought it was a legit .22 or something

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

regulargonzalez posted:

I don't know if it's shocking per se, but the way the editing manipulates the timeline with the Joan - GM guy - Don situation made for a nice reveal when you realize that Don's visit to Joan came too late.

Do you remember which episode that might be? I wanna check that out. Also, I guess I gotta rewatch the first episode because I forgot about the way they played that all out

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
Oh yeah, those are both good ones. Interesting how most of them have come from last season so far. Wonder if thats more of a 'fresh in our minds' thing or if more bull poo poo is happening as the show ages

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
Don't hate on them just because you don't understand the symbolism behind the sweaters

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
What model is the failure car again?

E: lol, im gonna guess it was the Vega

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
amazon prime

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
I also feel racist when I mistakenly think I got a persons name wrong

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
Bert Cooper was right to not want Dawn or Shirley at the front desk

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
I'm pretty stoked for this

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
It was not The Graduate

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
NuDon is such a douche bag

E: I guess his name is Lou

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
(attorney general)

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
I forget that don has a third kid most of the time

but its ok, so does Don

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

suztan posted:

Did Harry Crane's actor get fat or is that a hilariously ill-fitting shirt?

he is basically a goon

E: ROFL nice
E2: rofl nice again

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
Oh lord Don

E: i don't want you to worry about me any more while I chillax in this badass house you bought me tia

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

OctoberBlues posted:

Why don't you tell her you are freelancing in NY? That would at least make it easier to understand why you stay in NY...

don starting to find out that telling the truth sucks, i expect him to be bangin a 20 year old while swiggin canadian whiskey right outta the bottle before the episodes end

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Fetus Tree posted:

i expect him to be bangin a 20 year old while swiggin canadian whiskey right outta the bottle before the episodes end

E: ><

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
Yay roger just owns

E: rofl rogerrrr

E2: that music owns for this. this owns.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
dat teacher waow

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
Is that a Seamaster?

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
Roger was probably trippin balls when he said that to don lmao

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

SoupyTwist posted:

Cutler's going to gently caress Don over hard

What could Cutler really do?

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
i hope something happens with betty and animal poop

E: btw allison brie owns

E2: boots

Fetus Tree fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Apr 28, 2014

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
i would be weird as gently caress if i had bobby's parents

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
also good job to betty for turning a normally pleasant experience of a kid eating candy into a punishment lol

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

Gonna lez out with the teacher obviously.

excellent camera work on that bus(t) imo

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
Hahahah Harry Crane: Gone

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
HAHA betty you loving suck.

bobby ruined the day by trading your sandwich.

get hosed

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
Ew. Simply ew.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
Don accepting that deal terrifies me

Coconut Indian posted:

Also Peggy is in Pryce's old office so she's going to get even more pissed next week.

hahah

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

NowonSA posted:

Also, why can't Betty just explain what happened? My kid gave away my sandwich, because he's like 10 and that's what kids do.

Because if she explained that to Henry she's smart enough to know he would just :stare: and point out how irrational she is

Thats one of the most blatantly terrible things I can remember Betty doing

Though in all fairness my memory blows

unlawfulsoup posted:

I lost a lot of respect for Don accepting that contract. Way to become a stooge that can be fired at any second with no compensation at all.

yeah agreed its a lot more respectable to collect a paycheck for sitting at home and playing dress-up for your former secretary

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
i guess the theme of mad men is that pretty much just about most people suck, but some of the nicer guys are just nice. even if they lost their eye and look like a fuckin pirate now just because they were trying to be a nice guy to some clients.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Lindsay LoHan solo posted:

I'm amazed by watching the show and reading this thread that anyone respects Don. Uhh, why in the hell would anyone root for him? Jesus, he's not even doing himself any favors by pursuing his old gig.

Don sucks but being surprised that somebody would root for the main character is just ignorant as poo poo

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Uh, he's a piece of poo poo? Peggy rules though.

Yeah I don't think you can read, but maybe after you spend more than a couple days on the forums you'll pick it up

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
Lindsay whoever is just figuring out the way the world works guys. No reason to hate him, hes still learning basic things like

Man burritos are not a bed food. too messy.

Soon he will come to understand that you can think Darth Vader (non-prequels) is a character you can root for and it doesn't make you literally hitler

E: lol then again I just saw the rest of his username and perhaps that was a poor example

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
Baby Gene ain't ever brought me no gumdrops

E: ok 'her' or 'xer' or 'xim' or whatever pronoun you prefer, whatever gender you are won't make you any less of a terrible poster

Fetus Tree fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Apr 28, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
Well if he hasn't been day drinking anyway he might just not give a poo poo about that at all. Dude just wants to be creative again, and if that was his primary goal, he achieved it. Plus, he's savvy enough to know that if he hits a couple of home runs hes going to have a longer leash

• Locked thread