Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
The line is for Don keeping his drinking in check, or making sure Sally isn't taking any swills?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

memy posted:

I'd assume the former unless we get confirmation she's no longer at the boarding school.

I'd think so, but those little rascals were drinking something, and Sally featured heavily on the previously on.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Masturbate gloomily? Yeah, that's my last couple Valentine's Days.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
:stare: that miniskirt

What a difference a few seasons makes.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Ahaha, was Dawn and Shirley's conversation ending name switching referring to the idea that people in the office mix them up?

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Troy Queef posted:

I assume "crazy" is a synonym for "Scientologist", no?

Yup, but gotta separate the art from the artist. She was great in Top of the Lake aside from the accent.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Oh man, that "Surprises" commercial was fantastic, wish more advertisers directed their ads to fans of the shows like that.

Troy Queef posted:

No joke, I also only found out my father had been let go from his job when I called his office for a ride after a classmate's parent's funeral.

:smith:

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
"Which of Peggy's accounts we lost" ahahaha

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I hope lovely attitude sarcastic Sally is here forever. "Just tell the truth" :iceburn:

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
What a shitbag

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I bet everyone wishes they could hang up on Pete in person, too.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
gently caress yeah Sally

e: Oh snap, Sally. Real talk.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

memy posted:

Peggy is becoming as much of an alcoholic as Don

Peggy is becoming Don? Shocking revelation!

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I love how, over the course of this show, I've started seeing Jon Hamm as less Don Draper and more his 30 Rock character? I'm glad the show is almost over, because based on his off-screen persona I think he'll start going in a much more comedic direction.

e: gently caress yeah, Joan

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
YESSSS DINE AND DASH BONDING

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Jamizzy99 posted:

I thought he was serious

He was, that was the tip.

Also, gently caress yeah Dawn. It almost gives me hope this series won't end on a soulcrushing note.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Nobody needs you, Don. It is sad.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Oh, and on Never Not Funny, Rich Sommers said (super minor)he was going to be in episode 3-7 (not implying anything by that). Super pumped for that much Harry.

On another note, does anyone know if Turn is good? I like Jamie Bell and the idea of the series, but some of the previews looked cheap.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

sector_corrector posted:

Why do you dickholes hate Peggy, again?

nobody hates Peggy :confused:

She's just a goddamn mess right now, finally catching up with everyone else in the show.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
^^^this, realistically. Thanks, Reagan!

pentyne posted:

I could see him coming back to the show as a character but definitely not as a SCDP employee.

I want a sci-fi spinoff where everything crazy that Ginsberg has said is actually true.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Pron on VHS posted:

I think Lou was being sarcastic.

Yeah, Don openly threatened Lou in this episode. Lou isn't going to be in the Don camp no matter how slick he is in a meeting.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

regulargonzalez posted:

Wow, nice catch.

Though I hope Don doesn't end up with Peggy.

They hit the father figure thing way too hard this episode for that to happen.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

twistedmentat posted:

I am honestly been surprised that AMC hasn't pushed it with nudity yet. I don't mean like full on HBO style nudity, but a shirt that is a little to thin or a brief 50% rear end shot.

Rory from Gilmore Girls was just about as naked as you can get without showing the no-no bits.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

DasNeonLicht posted:

Steal Buick? How?

By having a man on the inside so to speak, after Benson gets hired. At least that was my assumption

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I know it totally fits Don's character to get stuck in the past, but I'm definitely a bit bummed that he's never going to be sporting 70s hair in the series.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
And let's not forget that Cosgrove continues to laugh in the face of his employer by writing ridiculous short stories under an assumed name!

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Anyone in NY check out the Museum of the Moving Image Mad Men exhibition yet? Worth going to?

Also if I wore a suit would I be able to take a picture in Draper's office?

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Also, as the younger child in a divorce I can definitely say that the older sibling usually has a much more dramatic story. Bobby was just too young to have these events really mean something to him in any overt way. Sally was old enough to have it change her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Steve2911 posted:

Are there links to these trailers anywhere? YouTube's come up empty.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdhBE6LfYQ8

• Locked thread