Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
well its not The Repopulation level at least, lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

Widestancer posted:

Ground floor

go away this korean f2p game will be good and different from every other korean f2p game and Imp Zone won't be able to ruin it with lies and defamation

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
So when can i spend upwards of $200 on the next greatestfailure MMO? :xd:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Same but unironically

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

Arcade posted:

Hoping for no alpha buy in.

Also I can only pretend to hate KMMO's since they seem to be the only ones I'm interested in as of late.

This guy goes in depth with housing, lot more on his channel.

I hope there is an alpha buy in so that I can laugh at the people stupid enough to buy in to a KMMO alpha all over again.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Eonwe posted:

Same but unironically

I was being mostly serious because :homebrew:

I'm a sucker for good looking games and if this game's combat is Tera like I'll probably be in for a short stint. Even better if I can pay for that privilege :shobon:

Stanley Pain fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Dec 8, 2014

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Rasczak posted:

I hope there is an alpha buy in so that I can laugh at the people stupid enough to buy in to a KMMO alpha all over again.

my mom always asked me "if your friends jumped off a cliff would you do it too?" and I always said no, but then I met grithok and drinkfist

maybe they'll jump off a cliff and then ill have to also

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Eonwe posted:

my mom always asked me "if your friends jumped off a cliff would you do it too?" and I always said no, but then I met grithok and drinkfist

maybe they'll jump off a cliff and then ill have to also

This is probably the best description of Bad Game Crew I've seen. :tipshat:

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Can this thread be placed in a forum I don't read, please? I really don't need to spend obscene amounts of money just to play a F2P game a few months earlier than everyone else again,

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

jabro posted:

Can this thread be placed in a forum I don't read, please? I really don't need to spend obscene amounts of money just to play a F2P game a few months earlier than everyone else again,

This is what you say now, but I'll see you in game bright and early :cawg:

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Stanley Pain posted:

This is what you say now, but I'll see you in game bright and early :cawg:

More Money Than Sense represent.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Stanley Pain posted:

This is probably the best description of Bad Game Fancy Lads I've seen. :tipshat:

ftfy

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
sometimes i wonder how can all these companies keep making bad games adexpect t turn a profit

then i remember about people who act like the idiots itt

you have no impulse control and will throw cash at any shiny bauble that the marketers show to you

wait for a month after release

or at least for a week, for gently caress's sake

Arcade
Sep 10, 2007

RottenK posted:

sometimes i wonder how can all these companies keep making bad games adexpect t turn a profit

then i remember about people who act like the idiots itt

you have no impulse control and will throw cash at any shiny bauble that the marketers show to you

wait for a month after release

or at least for a week, for gently caress's sake

For an MMO? Wait a week after to start playing? What?

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
Yes wait you idiot, so there's at least some info about the state of the game that isn't delivered by marketers, gaming journalism or youtube superstars.

Oh no other people will get ahead of you, how horrible. Better preorder now to get a headstart.

Arcade
Sep 10, 2007

RottenK posted:

Yes wait you idiot, so there's at least some info about the state of the game that isn't delivered by marketers, gaming journalism or youtube superstars.

Oh no other people will get ahead of you, how horrible. Better preorder now to get a headstart.

Yeah, it would be easier to just quit the genre if I was so worried about "the state of the game" a month in and ended up skipping launch because of it. poo poo, if we did that, we'd never end up playing any.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

RottenK posted:

I really have a good time playing MMOs at launch.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I play bad games

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

New videos. First one is an overview of the games world.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZoXQMhzlQ0
The size is pretty impressive. We know that the markets are based on regions and not global and that materials can be more common in some areas than others so it would be interesting to see how local markets shape up given the size of the world and the limited player weight capacity. Apparently you can send NPCs to cart mats you own to other markets or you can do it yourself but run the risk of getting attacked by player bandits.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KsZXcURXN_A
Second video is about some of the mini games in it. Looks like you can milk cows, grab sheep, clean chimneys, be the pied piper (Sorry bob, just rats not children), and blow up rocks among other things.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Cao Ni Ma posted:

(Sorry bob, just rats not children

:eyepop:

But on the real, lets all get hyped for cow milking

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I don't see what the issue is with trying to play a MMO on day one. Just don't put money into a head start or founders program, it's a scam.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

I said come in! posted:

I don't see what the issue is with trying to play a MMO on day one. Just don't put money into a head start or founders program, it's a scam.

How else am I going to get fulfillment out of my hollow existence?

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

The jealousy of us Early Access people in here is staggering. Get a job you poors.

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

RottenK posted:

I often wait to start playing games for the reasons you are talking about. However playing at launch isn't about racing other players. It is about sharing the first time experience playing a game with your friends who are also going through it for their first time too. I think it's okay to not place much value in that but a lot of people do.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Xavier434 posted:

I often wait to start playing games for the reasons you are talking about. However playing at launch isn't about racing other players. It is about sharing the first time experience playing a game with your friends who are also going through it for their first time too. I think it's okay to not place much value in that but a lot of people do.

Its almost required for certain game because if someone miss the first wave of players then leveling is a lonely experience with no one around. Lucky games are starting to get into the megaserver concept so that areas are always populated (especially low level areas) so I feel like the rush to be with the wave is not really that big deal any more.

InternetJunky
May 25, 2002

Archeage was my first experience with collision detection in an MMO and after experiencing it I really don't see the appeal unless you're a griefer. Sad to see it's going to be in this game as well.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

Promised features posted:

Some classes are gender and race locked.

PvP is free for all except for a few safe zones in major cities. World-PvP is only enabled at level 30 to ensure new players are not griefed however after level 30, they are on their own.

Exp and/or partial item loss at death. Potentially dropping all equipment that is not soulbound.

Dungeons will be not be instanced.

No instant teleportation or flying.

Collision detection, body blocking for all NPC's and PC's

Guys i think that that lead designer who got booted from Carbine found a new job

It's like Wildstar but for people who think that Lineage is good

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

RottenK posted:

Guys i think that that lead designer who got booted from Carbine found a new job

I could be mistaken but I believe some of that information is old and has changed since the last closed beta or so. it is not that strict anymore.

Xavier434 fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Dec 10, 2014

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Xavier434 posted:

I could be mistaken but I believe some of that information is old and has changed since the last closed beta or so. it is not that strict anymore.

I still can't wait to see the flood of goons buy into this game and then immediately leave when they realize just what lineage 2 style free for all pvp and item drop on pvp death really means. :allears:

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Bauxite posted:

I still can't wait to see the flood of goons buy into this game and then immediately leave when they realize just what lineage 2 style free for all pvp and item drop on pvp death really means. :allears:

After level 30 is noob. True free for all like old school UO is where it's at.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

jabro posted:

After level 30 is noob. True free for all like old school UO is where it's at.

Having it be after level 30 is even worse, to be honest. It's that much more time to get invested in your character before someone who poopsocked ruins you, and as recent MMOs have shown, just being in goon squad both makes you a bigger target and doesn't provide the protection it used to because none of us poopsock like we used to when we were in college or high school.

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Bauxite posted:

The game currently has channels just like TERA. So if you want to avoid the majority of the open world pvp it may not be hard. All that you have to do is switch to a low population Channel. This assumes that we are allowed to switch channels.

Also I read that the level where the PvP stuff starts at level 50 now. Still you are correct. This is not going to be acceptable for everybody. I personally think that it would be wise for the item loss to be restricted to items of a certain quality or at least decrease the chances of losing a rare item to something very low. If this were to happen then the item loss would be pretty similar to a repair cost but I do realize that it would still feel different. I would prefer that item loss not be a part of the game at all but I'm willing to explore and see how strict it is. It could end up being one of those things that sounds a whole lot worse on paper than how it actually feels while playing the game.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

The servers use dynamic channels, so after the initial rush dont expect there to be more than the base one. Just like what happened during the closed beta events.

e- The biggest caveat is that there just isnt any instanced content in the game, so after the grace period you wont have any means of leveling that completely removes you from the possibility of being brutally murdered.

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 14:05 on Dec 11, 2014

Kettlepip
Jun 23, 2009

Bauxite posted:

immediately leave when they realize just what lineage 2 style free for all pvp and item drop on pvp death really means. :allears:

'They rolled over the hills like a locust swarm. Naked, and equipped with the cheapest of weaponry'

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

RottenK posted:

Welp, here's an MMO I won't be playing. It's not 2002 anymore. These sort of MMORPGs are not fun and never were.

sinewave
Aug 29, 2005

space face
This games character creator is amazing. Oh the deformed mongoloids we will create!

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
I can't wait to see this become another trainwreck of an MMO ripe for people getting very upset. Who needs to grief when you can watch MMO's die over and over again?

I will probably play it for a bit before giving away all my stuff to a new character only to watch them die and quit because they just lost all of the good poo poo i've given them.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !

jabro posted:

More Money Than Sense represent.

I'm here !! I bought the most expensive of the ArcheAge preorder packs to get into the alpha. Once the game went beta I never logged in again. Is that dumb enough to qualify ? Can I be the guild's idiot king ?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I still think this game has a better chance than archage for the simple reason that you should have known that archage was crap given the korean state of the game while this one is still pretty unknown and could go either way. It could be potentially worse than archage, but they'd have to try really hard to get to that point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !
I didn't enjoy ArcheAge because of it's old mmo combat mechanics, it was still a "Pick target, hit skill button" thing. Once I started playing action mmos like TERA or Neverwinter I found it hard to go back to the old mechanics.

• Locked thread