Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Game is p cool. Just don't get trapped in an endless cycle of npc sidequests/crafting tutorial/node tutorials in the first area or you will be level 15 for days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Really enjoyed the time I spent in the CB1. I dipped out on playing after I caught the notorious Beltfish for the fishing tournament.

Didn't see many of my fellow Beserker Giants running around but I assure you all the class is metal as gently caress. I had so many great grab moves where you picked up tiny people and bashed/suplex/50m air slam/and get em by the knees and spin smash all their friend with em. Really every attack with the giant was my kind of brutal. I don't understand why it isn't more popular given you have the literal Hulk in the lineup next to tiny people with tiny weapons doing tiny things. Only issue I had was every time you go though a door your character has to duck to get into the hobbit holes these humans built.

Really nice to see a MMO where the world play was more emphazied over just combat. The added systems to the game have some girth with extensive crafting systems, node investments, worker/slave management, countless zainy minigames and an actual loving worthwile exploration. gently caress the cooking alone had me wanting to go full time chef given it's many benefits and depth. This game is one of the only games I didn't give a gently caress about level grinding out combat and just got to level 20 in the beta off gathering/processing/cooking and fishing. I didn't even touch alchemy and farming and that poo poo was just as much a pile if poo poo to do as the rest.

I got access to this Closed beta because I signed up for the poo poo forever ago and it was totally worth the install. I already dropped 50 bucks on the founders pack and am really looking forward to what the rest of the game has in store. We saw Feedz stomping around making a ruckas and he was level 48 on day two of the beta so that madman is alive and never changed.

The important thing for you all to know is that fishing has leader boards for every fish (Around 100 species). There are many special fishing spots that can be overfished and deplete the fish in the area. There are fishing boats you can set your workers to build. Many island properties and the fish themselves have fluctuating market values. Also all caught fish have a timer before they go bad so you can dry the fish out in the field to preserve them at some cost of the price of the fish. You can afk fish but it takes a much longer time to catch anything and if your rod breaks or your inventory gets filled then you stop. There is also the risk that if you are afk fishing outside of a safe zone you will get thrown into the ocean. Oh yeah and the fishing boss is a loving whale. I mention all this fishing bullshit because I know you goons and that poo poo is totally your jam.

Get this game on your radar goons. Grithok (ThirdworldReggin) is gonna be coming in calling this Wushu 3.0 and needs spergs and shutins to roll pretty princess dress up dolls. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVhlTjK36D0)

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

My CB1 Screenshot dump

Human npc trying to blend in with savage goblins.

Story Quest Boss fight

My Boy's Smile

Horse Catching

Deer people should have been a playable race

Snowing at sunset with my lantern on.

Stormy Night with my lantern on no poo poo.

Found a goon.

Savage toad people that you can't understand.

Harpies raiding a keep

Our good pal Jesus

Villagers being bums in the shire

What giants do when they retire from carnage.

Me catching the winning fish for the fish tournament.

Fishing is life

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

crazystray posted:

I dunno if this will become a long term obsession but I am sure I will get my monies worth just learning everything and trying all of the mini games and crafting and if I get to end game and get bored :shrug:

That depends on what kind of disorder the goon in power has. Sometimes you get a good one like Sociopath but other times its just a international pedophile. One day I hope to get a neo-nazi or maybe even a diehard communist. But chances are we are just gonna get some honest to god Trump supporter or some lame poo poo.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Eonwe posted:

Don't leave us in suspense, where do you and Grithok fall in those categories

Angry Masochist and Condescending Educator. Though quite honestly labeling myself is bias so you should just ask some other lowlife.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Tru dat. I am gay as hell.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

CrashCat posted:

who is this mythical Grithok and why can't they be bothered to converse with the common rabble

Drinkfist posted:

Get this game on your radar goons. Grithok (ThirdworldReggin) is gonna be coming in calling this Wushu 3.0 and needs spergs and shutins to roll pretty princess dress up dolls. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVhlTjK36D0)

Can you not loving read or something? You can't throw a goddam rock in MMOHMO without getting some dickall poo poo statement from him.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Eonwe posted:

Grithok is not drinkfist

He is another poster in this thread

He is a poster in the same way a guy who puts rocks on the traintracks is a loving commuter.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Eonwe posted:

BTW nobody take anything personally that drinkfist says

If he is mean to you that means he at least somewhat likes you

Get hosed Eonwe you can find your own CB2 key.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Hy_C posted:

:agreed:

grithok is leading the guild

Seconded. Its either Grithok or Lewtt. I already ran The Secret World and Skyforge. Both wildly successful games I assure you. Grithok has done Wushu and Swordsman so he is totally lined up to do Wushu 3.0 and Lewtt is just angry and spergy enough to get his first run at bat here. The rest of Bad Games Crew isn't nearly assertive or angry enough to run Black Desert. Whoopy and Boat would make great titular rulers but I don't think they even want to play this game. Eonwe couldn't hold a ham sandwich together so he is out as well.

It also helps that Grithok has been vetted and his mental disorders are known to us and they are not debilitating enough to get five threads closed over him. The only disorder I know that Lewtt has is that he will not do anything unless it has levels. This includes going outside to get the mail because there isn't a leaderboard and skill tress for it.

Drinkfist fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Dec 23, 2015

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Oh yeah and no one ask JerkJerk/WerkWerk. That guy is all about drugs and alcohol. I also heard he once hosed a goat because he believed it was making sexual advances on him.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

jabro posted:

Eonwe already has his plate full running all the guilds for the Ultima Online spiritual successor MMOs.

I thought Suzera was running Albion.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Eonwe posted:

Friends of Drinkfist

I get the joke. Because I would never be friends with any of you garbage bins.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Anoia posted:

What's our gimmicky guild name gonna be this time?

Goon Glue Factory. Gives us a good reason to enforce the no horse rule.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Kimsemus posted:

Where is the offsite link, it's not in the OP. :O I want to be trapped in the most confusing registration process imaginable for dubious reasons.

http://scarletblade.aeriagames.com/

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Third World Reggin posted:

So I've been talking to Feedz who has been mentioning what griefing can be done at the moment and in the future with the desert patch.

Currently there is the following
Entering the arena, the only place people can do 1v1's, and interrupt them
Shooting people on horse back with a rifle that freaks the horse out knocking off the rider
Destroying carts which just means they have to be rebuilt and sent again, but should make plenty of people angry
Roaming pvp groups
Guild wars for towns and against each other. A max of 6 guilds can be warred upon at one time.

Come the desert patch, on the KR version most of the negatives for PKing went away. If you died while red, you went to jail, spent 3 minutes breaking out, then you were teleported to the desert town for red people. That is all.

There will be a good chance a lot of goons will be red 24/7 at that point, and if that desert town has the normal crafting nodes the other place has, we might as well become silk road bandits.

You forgot to mention that it costs money to recover all destroyed mounts and carts. Literally the most angering move you can make currently is killing off a player's mount and then escaping. Not only does it cost them and the death is tallied on the mount but they also now have to walk to the nearest stable. Bonus points if the mount had trade packs in its inventory. I never found out if you could destroy a ship though. Ask Lewtt how it feels to swim his rear end to shore after being teleported to the rear end end of the ocean for attacking the GM during his event.

The only shame is that you can't just mug people for that poo poo. It should totally be doable to be a bandit and rob someone of their trade packs. Perhaps in the future given that there is a bandit town they will consider implimenting this.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Steparu mentioned that the guards from the bandit town are complete pushovers so dont expect to just be able to idle your red away there. A group of people that want to ruin your day or maybe collect some of your death loot is not going to be hindered a whole lot by them.

Who the hell cares about NPC guards. Everyone is gonna be red in the town. You don't just get to roll into the mafia's HQ and take a guy out and walk away. The people all in there are clearly there because they love causing a loving ruckas so I say let some Bounty Hunter walk on in thinking he is hot poo poo. I will gladly tighten him up.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Eonwe posted:

i am now posting on the black desert forums

Stop.

Tactical Lesbian posted:

and the goon drama metagame is already on

miracle patch now!

What the gently caress is this poo poo about a miracle patch? If you don't like the game then get the gently caress out of here. Nobody needs to loving rework their poo poo just because some internet motherfucker said it wasn't what he was looking for. If you want something then go make it your own drat self.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

lewtt posted:

guild splintering already and we haven't even formed, RIP black desert

Get to fixing that Mr.Leader.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

SweetBro posted:

Troll.

Calling it now.

It has to be.

I commend you for your faith in humanity. Admirable but mistaken.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Real Nito posted:

Never forget the fallen empire that was the Shadow Council of ForestGOKU

The Shadow Council never falls it just goes further into the shadows. Its so loving dark in here right now we are pissing on each other's shoes because the bathroom light became forbidden.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Probad posted:

Can't be a troll. That's not even Eonwe's account.

Eonwe is the Batman. He could be anyone.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Anoia posted:

What in the ever loving hell.

Welcome to modern day humanity. Locate your vice(s) and make sure they are at least commendable because the rollercoaster goes down both ways. I myself chose anger, alcohol and I was dumb enough to join the army. Don't be one of the people popping into bad games crew mumble telling us you are a fan of some Monster Girl hentai bullshit unless you want everyone to immediately think of the above picture.

Drinkfist fucked around with this message at 14:12 on Dec 28, 2015

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Any idea of those traps are Kunoichi only? I like the ghillie suit too.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Mentally Competent Person posted:

For now I will be a young child wizard in Black desert who will call big sis and big bro to people :D but the tammers, the tammers will be little sis or just sis.
women love "little brothers", i think this is called reversed whoring.

Here I was buying girls drinks and asking them about what they are interested in. I have had it all wrong my whole life. I should have been doing this. All I need to do is undock my entire being from reality and I can get on this kids level. Look out ladies here comes little bro Drinkfist.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Feedz says anyone can make and buy the traps being used in the video. So you don't need to go ninja turtles for it.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Xexre posted:

Archeage 2

Age of Wushu 3.

ohsosad posted:

This might be the first MMO i've looked forward to since my archeage fishing boat-loan-repayment adventures.

Only through weeks of grinding can i be truly disappointed!

($100 spent on preorder)

One very loving nice thing over Archeage with this game is that in order to get a mount you just rope it or buy it and boats you just build by cutting down trees and poo poo or making your workers do it. None of that token tradepack bullshit. Also all the housing is instanced to you so everyone can own the same house. In CB1 I owned around 15-20 houses. No land plot poo poo for housing. There are plots for farming though but I only ever saw about three of the player placed ones in all my time walking around in the beta. That farming poo poo is no joke too they went deep with that horseshit.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Well the ghille suit helps for covert poo poo because you are allowed to crouch walk in this game and it makes your name dissappear but you can still be physically seen as far as I know. Its a interesting system for attacking player camps and keeps.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

https://youtu.be/HDXPoATOmaA

Everyone should roll Mongolian.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

ohsosad posted:

Mongolian on his glorious fast horse murdering newbies on their pathetic slow horse donkey mounts.

Holy poo poo he suplexed one of those poor noobs

Yeah the Mongolian has a lot of grab moves.

- Grab a guy and bash em on the ground three times.
- Grab a guy and put em over your head and walk 10 feet with em and then piledrive him into the dirt.
- Grab a guy and leap 50 feet into the air and slam him into other guys.
- Grab a guy and swing him by the knees to bash motherfuckers with.
- And more!

Everything he does is max brutal. Its great.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

spidergoats posted:

So which class is best for loving with pubbies?

Ranger Pvp

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Mongolian is master class.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Zev posted:

lunatic murder hobo

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

I am watching this video and it looks like the Giant won. Not to mention he won fighting a super laggy american ranged dodge class on the korean servers and without using Leap or Weakling Hunt to close the gap and just the sprint charge.

Oh yeah and the ranger loses the range war on classes as soon as this happens to the Giant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPLWHZ54QP8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohqRXl91ocA

Drinkfist fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Dec 31, 2015

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Twitter is that way bud -> :gooncamp:

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

SweetBro posted:

Oh this is easy. Have two guilds, one a holding guild with karma that's mostly occupied by alts and/or well adjusted goons (oxymoron) and a main guild where we poo poo on pubbies all day. Then we just transfer characters between the guilds as need because weekly paycheck are capitalism and against the spirit of goonuinism.

I pick the better option two. Where the part he left out about declaring war on someone costs the guild 1 million to start and then 200 grand every two hours to hold it up if the other guild does not accept the war dec. Basically this boils down to goons are free to cause a loving ruckus and the guilds that hate us enough will war dec us and have to pay to keep fighting us without losing karma thus giving us the win by default. Bonus points if we can make the shitlords that are scared of karma hits keep the war dec up long enough to go bankrupt and force disband.

We are going to give the guild system a shot in the next CB to see how they currently work and if it matches all this complicated bullshit that people have posted for the current rules in Korea. Also I intend to become a criminal and see what the karma hits actually do there as well.

The real shame though is that you are not allowed to start a brawl in towns and cities so that cuts out a great deal of fun that could have been had. Wushu allowed it and you could really have some fun with all the rooftop chaingrab giggles. There was also the guild hall instance with Swordsman that you could tempt people to visit with a feast and then watch as it gradually broke down into a drunken cockfight. They also need to fix this loving potion poo poo because it is literally Hitler for pvp fights.

There is a good opportunity here though because of this.

The red circle is a literal chokepoint between two very popular towns. There is a few others like this one in the game where main routes get funneled into deathtraps. With only a handful of goons you can lockdown an entire trade route between the two towns (Unless they take the river pass to the far west adding an easy 30 mins to their trip time). So yeah there is a chance we can have some fun with this game. If the pvp doesn't pan out there is always fishing.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Anoia posted:

And there will always be loopholes so it's extra pointless.

No karma system has ever stopped griefing, yet they keep acting like this time they've found the magic solution that'll make everyone hold hands and sing.

I loved the karma system of Wushu. If you massacre a metric ton of pubs they send npc mercs after you and players put bounties on your head. Then when someone finally takes you down you get sent to death row to wait a whole loving 1 to 2 real days to be publicly executed or call up some goons on your friend list and have them start the jail break event where police officer good karma players are called in to stop you. It was amazing. No one has made a better pvp mmo game since. gently caress they were too lazy to make boss fights of the dungeons in that game and just had the boss call in players to help fight off the people in the dungeon. It was loving genius.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

2DCAT posted:

I want to be a member of the goon guild that plans to goonfuck the other goon guilds.

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

that's all of them

This is a loving given. If there is a goon guild that doesn't do that then the others will punish them for it.

Also we normally have a side game to all this like Dungon Crawl Stone Soup was for Wushu and it is looking like Blood Bowl 2 is gonna be it.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Super Space Jam 64 posted:

when the phrase "Chinagame.exe" is dropped in an MMOHMO thread, the subject of said thread is doomed to fail all expectations

I am pretty sure all threads are subject to this when someone hits "Post Thread". Chinagame.exe just gets us there faster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Liberatore posted:

This phenomenon is colloquially called the Chinagame Curse.

This thread

Just because we are aware of it doesn't mean its gonna stop.

• Locked thread