Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«3 »
Jett

quick install permalink: https://gist.github.com/eclecto/107...-helper.user.js

i really want to post a smilie, you know, the one smilie where the guy is rolling in his own poo poo, but i can't remember that darn code!

let's pull up the smilie page and hit ctrl-f and see if we can find it!

what the gently caress is this, where's waldo? there's like a million smileys here and i can't even see the text i'm highlighting! oh poo poo, it's not even a smilie code! where is that smilie?!

back to my post, feeling discouraged. maybe i'll just try a random code and see what happens, let's see, uh

w-wait a minute, what just happened here? a list of smileys popped up! hey, and look, there's rolling in poo poo, except the code doesn't contain the word "poo poo" at all, but i found it anyway thanks to

SA SMILIE HELPER

let's try something else, there's that one vanity emote and there's no way i'll be able to remember how to spell the guy's username, it's something like

yeah, i don't feel like typing that out. i wonder what would happened if i click on the smiley itself???

holy poo poo, it's like some kind of forums magic, all thanks to

SA SMILIE HELPER

thanks, SA Smilie Helper, you're the greatest!

in case you haven't been paying attention around here lately, in order to use this or any other greasemonkey script/userscript you need

this script is still a baby so there are probably bugs and ways you can confuse it if you click random places on the screen while the smilie popup is open or whatever. if you spot anything post ITT and i will try to fix it but LET ME KNOW WHAT BROWSER YOU WERE USING and anything else you might have been doing (on the computer i don't need to hear about irl shenanigans) at the time the error occurred

ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arnold of Soissons

jfc jett you are some kind of demi god

ZeroCount

my posting is augmented

Ordrakon

another awesome addition to the yob experience

K. Flaps

Jett did more for SA in the last few days than all the dedicated coders Lowtax used to pay

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put up my thumb... and it blotted out the planet Earth.

loving amazing

apt gangbang

Arnold of Soissons posted:

Captain No-mates

holy poo poo

Dotcom Jillionaire

Social distortion

pls make cross platform and fix all the bugs

this is a trouble ticket. thx!

Arnold of Soissons

not working for me at all btw

Peanut and the Gang

dis is good.

Honj Steak

Hi there.

same here, unfortunately.

apt gangbang

ya same, this is a mean trick jett

Arnold of Soissons

FF28.0 btw

Jett

firefox, you're an evil homophobic bastard

hang on, i'll figure this out

CAT BRUSH

He's circlin' round my ankle
He's circlin' round my ankle
He needs some pettin' and lovin' on his hide
Oh kitty won't you come inside

ZeroCount

its working for me just fine

edit: get chromed on, firefox users

K. Flaps

Doesn't work on chrome for me.

Honj Steak

Hi there.

I have chrome + tampermonkey

Peanut and the Gang

It multiplies when you edit a post.

Bug or feature?

ZeroCount

its stopped working for me now

Mike Maddux

Peanut and the Gang posted:

It multiplies when you edit a post.

Bug or feature?

i'm pretty sure it's a feature

Cych

The Belgian

Truly a better person than you

v good. can you make it so the window appears below where you type instead of above? Right now if theres al lot some dont show up because theyre above the screen

Old Dirty Cumburgs

Squaa~dah~lah~!
motherfuckers

This is

Smarmy Coworker

by XyloJW

ZeroCount posted:

my posting is augmented

K. Flaps posted:

Jett did more for SA in the last few days than all the dedicated coders Lowtax used to pay

wesley snypes

jett you're all right

Jett

script updated, v2.0 should be much more cross-browser compatible and will display the popup below the post text area

e: i also don't know where the duplicate smileys were coming from but maybe that's fixed too?

apt gangbang

it works!!

Smarmy Coworker

by XyloJW

if i use opera's violentmonkey extension do u think this would work cuz the Theme Song one doesnt

wesley snypes

little thing: if you start typing a smilie but change your mind and delete all the characters except the first colon, the script won't kick in again until you delete the colon and type a new one.

apt gangbang

wesley snypes posted:

little thing: if you start typing a smilie but change your mind and delete all the characters except the first colon, the script won't kick in again until you delete the colon and type a new one.

this bothers me as well especially bc c-backspace leaves the colon

Jett

Smarmy Coworker posted:

if i use opera's violentmonkey extension do u think this would work cuz the Theme Song one doesnt

it should (the reason the themes script doesn't work is b/c opera doesn't support using .mp3's as a source file in audio tags )

Smarmy Coworker

by XyloJW

Jett posted:

it should (the reason the themes script doesn't work is b/c opera doesn't support using .mp3's as a source file in audio tags )

Wow wtf

Jett

yep http://www.w3schools.com/html/html5_audio.asp the only way it would work is if classicist reencoded every single file as an .ogg or .wav and added them as sources

or if opera finally decided to start supporting them new "empee trees" they keep hearing so much about

Jett

anyway, in v2.2 the smilie will only be "cancelled" once you delete the initial colon

there are also some sanity checks in place, it will cancel if you click p. much anywhere (except the popup) or hit an arrow key, Home, End, PageUp, or PageDown because i'm not keeping track of that poo poo

wesley snypes

Cych

Smarmy Coworker posted:

its 2014 dude.

beer pal

wow

ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZeroCount

«3 »