Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
citybeatnik
Mar 1, 2013

You Are All
WEIRDOS

David D. Davidson posted:

Since it was mentioned in the video.
The tv series and Guy Ritchie movies do play up Holmes' eccentricity and Watson's character has changed to him being more of a straight man to this to give him a bit more character. In the series Sherlock is also kind of bitchy whereas in the books he just smug.

Watson was always the straight man though? I thought him being a bit of a bumbling idiot and clueless came about thanks to how he was portrayed in the Nigel Rathbone movies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

citybeatnik
Mar 1, 2013

You Are All
WEIRDOS

Suspect Bucket posted:

Oh, btw, Valerian smells like dried death. Tastes nice as a tea though, kinda peppery, once you get past the smell. Who ever would use it as a perfume?

Whale vomit's used in perfume, and it smells like -moist- death.

citybeatnik
Mar 1, 2013

You Are All
WEIRDOS

I liked the bit in the last video where Holmes is complaining about how folks think he's constantly running around in a deerstalker.

Glad that y'all are back with this.

citybeatnik
Mar 1, 2013

You Are All
WEIRDOS

Another way that infants would catch the pox was through wet-nurses, I believe.

But then, I don't think that this game goes that deep. And that loving picture at the end was horrifying.

• Locked thread