Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost
I bought this game for my mom a few years back so that she'd have something to play on my dad's XBox, but we ended up dropping it after about half an hour due to what the "puzzles" turned out to be like doing random fetch quests for people so that they will give you clues relevant to the actual case. I'm told most of the Sherlock Holmes games aren't like that, but...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost
I do actually recommend The Case of the Serrated Scalpel and The Case of the Rose Tattoo from the mid-'90s.

Infocom's Riddle of the Crown Jewels was passable, but not such a great Holmes game - you play Watson, and to make sure the player is the one actually doing things, Holmes immediately concludes that the criminal is specifically targeting him and puts you in charge of the investigation to throw him off the scent.

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost

anilEhilated posted:

Animal violence, applied on both animals and humans, is a long-standing adventure game tradition.

Indeed.

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost
I'd still recommend Case of the Serrated Scalpel. It's not actually much of a game, mostly just running around looking for plot triggers, but you do spend your time on the actual investigation instead of assaulting scary prostitutes with cats.

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost
I thought they already "solved" the murder by DNA-testing the saliva on the Letter From Hell? :confused:

• Locked thread