Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«5 »
rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp

The Cop Who Pepper Sprayed Peaceful Students Will Receive $38,056 for Emotional Suffering
- See more at: http://humansarefree.com/2014/04/th...K.Jv2Wqo9A.dpuf

The cop who mercilessly doused peaceful, seated protesters with pepper spray recently claimed he has psychological injuries from the incident and demanded workman’s compensation. And California is granting it to him. The University of California, Davis — a tax funded college — will pay the fired assailant $38,056 to ease his emotional suffering.

The original incident was a memorable one; an iconic image police abuse. Back on November 18th, 2011, student protesters gathered in a protest against corporatism and state violence. A group of them sat huddled in a line on a public sidewalk.

Surrounded by cops wearing riot masks and threatening violence, they were attacked — in ironic fashion — with chemical weapons without provocation during their protest.

Lt. John Pike, as well as another officer, used pepper spray canisters the size of fire-extinguishers to drench the peaceful protesters in OC pepper spray. The incident was captured on video (shown below). The police actions drew worldwide outrage and inspired hundreds of internet memes.

“Our line that they pepper-sprayed was... one-person-deep. One of the officers began to remove us physically without the use of weapons. And Lieutenant John Pike ordered them to stop, raising his pepper can and saying... ‘Leave them. I want to spray these kids,’” said an eyewitness named William, according to Davis Wiki.

“I hope I’m not the scapegoat for this one,” Pike was quoted as saying.
Pike ceased to be a UCD employee in July 2012. Pike, whose annual salary was $121,680, collected full pay during the painfully dragged-out 8-month investigation, while he remained on leave. He was effectively given a paid vacation after an unprovoked attack on students. And somehow it took 8 months to determine what was obvious to most people within seconds of watching the video.

This is ridiculous!

He remains entitled to retirement credit for his years of service, a UCD spokesperson said at the time, according to the Davis Enterprise. On October 16th, 2013, Administrative Law Judge Joel Harter ordered the University of California Regents to pay Pike $264.50 per week to reach the total payout, minus $5,700 in legal fees for Pike’s Sacramento attorney.

“This settlement resolves all claims of psychiatric injury,” the stipulation reads.
His actions cost the university $1 million in settlements split between the 21 victims of the attack. And now the attacker will get another reward for his efforts.

Here is raw video of the original incident from 2011:

Reference: Police State USA;

About author: Political activist, journalist, pundit, campaign organizer, photographer, writing editor, website owner. He is the wheels behind the 'Police State USA' Facebook page, launched in 2010, and the founder of policestateusa.com;
- See more at: http://humansarefree.com/2014/04/th...K.Jv2Wqo9A.dpuf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013

i am so loving glad he pepper sprayed those peaceful students

Ironed Idol
Nov 16, 2013

by XyloJW

lol

HalfHazard
Mar 29, 2010

I wonder what he'll spend the 56 bucks on

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008
Good luck with your depression!

if you ever needed proof that Satan is real well here you go

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

Cool.

Cream_Filling
Sep 11, 2005

ASK ME ABOUT RACISM BECAUSE I KNOW A WHOLE LOT MORE ABOUT THEM COLOREDS THAN YOU

i like how the cop makes more than most of the faculty. $120k a year to mope around a college campus lol

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

Rollout. Rollout! ROLLOUT! ROLLOUT!ROLLOUT! ROLLOUT!

oink oink

Butt Frosted Cake
Dec 27, 2010

Cream_Filling posted:

i like how the cop makes more than most of the faculty

seriously 120k for being a mall cop and you get to pepper spray college students? sounds like a dream job

Flynn Taggart
Jan 20, 2006

Cops are literally and I mean literally all serial killers/rapists

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013

i cannot believe the cop peppered the students when he could have beaten them up as well

ALL-PRO SEXMAN
Nov 8, 2006

Veni, vidi, Lombardi.

I'm loving the other headlines on that website:

quote:

Atlantis Discovered in the Bermuda Triangle: The Sunken City Features Giant Pyramids and Sphinxes [Complete]

Rigorous journalism.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

gently caress all police everywhere

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

I'm loving the other headlines on that website:

Rigorous journalism.

Get this: it's all true

Butt Frosted Cake
Dec 27, 2010

Fucker posted:

i cannot believe the cop peppered the students when he could have beaten them up as well

the students don't look restrained he probably would have gotten his fat rear end kicked if he tried using his fists

Crow_Rodeo
Oct 3, 2007

Trust Me

Seriously though, gently caress this guy. I'm loving embarrassed by this and I live in Kansas, where my state has far more poo poo to be embarrassed about.

ALL-PRO SEXMAN
Nov 8, 2006

Veni, vidi, Lombardi.

rawdog pozfail posted:

Get this: it's all true

lol no

Cream_Filling
Sep 11, 2005

ASK ME ABOUT RACISM BECAUSE I KNOW A WHOLE LOT MORE ABOUT THEM COLOREDS THAN YOU

Fucker posted:

i can. are we seeing the same photo? dude would probably have a heart attack after the first nblow

Jew Macklemore
Sep 4, 2011

by The Finn

Basically all the cops should be rounded up and shot but not as like a joke but in real life

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

gently caress those protesters. They had it coming. He should have beat the poo poo out of them too.

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013

Crow_Rodeo posted:

Seriously though, gently caress this guy. I'm loving embarrassed by this and I live in Kansas, where my state has far more poo poo to be embarrassed about.

im glad were being serious for a second here. wouldnt want to go the first page without telling that cop hes bad

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Griff Lee posted:

Basically all the cops should be rounded up and shot but not as like a joke but in real life

Bane was right

Jew Macklemore
Sep 4, 2011

by The Finn

etalian posted:

Bane was right

I see a lot of myself in Bane. We have a lot in common.

The Droid
Jun 11, 2012

Griff Lee posted:

baldness?

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Griff Lee posted:

Easily manipulated by pussy?

Kid Gloves
Jul 31, 2013

by XyloJW

Cops can Sucrk My Dick!!!!!!

Ironed Idol
Nov 16, 2013

by XyloJW

https://www.google.com/shopping/pro...ed=0CJ4FEKYrMAo

buy this and let the cop know they are on camera, they usually run away.

Jew Macklemore
Sep 4, 2011

by The Finn

We're both rebels and people fear our intensity, and we wear cool slick rear end coats. Also like Bane, people take me seriously.

Bung Harmer posted:

Easily manipulated by pussy?

gently caress You.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Griff Lee posted:

We're both rebels and people fear our intensity, and we wear cool slick rear end coats. Also like Bane, people take me seriously.

gently caress You.

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013

haha lol that cop is fat and gay and stupid and terrible and a fucktard and i want to shoot him and brutally kill him and then huuh paint his face lulz! gbs ftw

Jew Macklemore
Sep 4, 2011

by The Finn

It doesn't matter who we are

what matters is our plan

im a girl btw
Jan 15, 2004

haha good pepper spray all carefags imo

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008
Good luck with your depression!

etalian posted:

Bane was right

the best part was how we were supposed to be horrified at Bane's Gotham but everything seemed to be going alright unless you were rich or a cop so lol I guess

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp

Fucker posted:

haha lol that cop is fat and gay and stupid and terrible and a fucktard and i want to shoot him and brutally kill him and then huuh paint his face lulz! gbs ftw

lol

Crow_Rodeo
Oct 3, 2007

Trust Me

Fucker posted:

All nite crew posters without sigs should be killed imo

Butt Frosted Cake
Dec 27, 2010

Crow_Rodeo posted:

All nite crew posters without sigs should be killed imo

uh oh
*tips fedora and leaves*

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

fantastic

recent reports indicate the titanic is presumed missing at sea

jackyl
Jun 1, 2000

The Original Poster Who Originally Posted This Thread Is A ______

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

G's up
Hoes down

Fucker posted:

i enthusiastically agree

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tiananman
Feb 6, 2005
Non-Headkins Splatoma

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

the best part was how we were supposed to be horrified at Bane's Gotham but everything seemed to be going alright unless you were rich or a cop so lol I guess

what about the nuke? that part wasn't so great

«5 »