Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Metrication
Dec 12, 2010

Raskin had one problem: Jobs regarded him as an insufferable theorist or, to use Jobs's own more precise terminology, "a shithead who sucks".

Vintersorg posted:

this just may be peak anroid

holy gently caress

lmfao

we have entered a new era where the main innovator of incompetence is not microsoft but samsung

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Linguica posted:

i feel like I've read about this before but I forget and in any case, holy god

"The 5.1-inch screen is too big to operate with the hand that’s holding it, unless your thumb can stretch like Mrs. Incredible’s. But Samsung has a clever, if weird, fix for this: Among the Galaxy’s 732,852 features is one called “One-Handed Operation,” whose function is to shrink the screen so that you can reach all of it with your thumb. It leaves empty black areas around the shrunken image."

holy poo poo :laffo:

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
scored a victory over

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Linguica posted:

i feel like I've read about this before but I forget and in any case, holy god

"The 5.1-inch screen is too big to operate with the hand that’s holding it, unless your thumb can stretch like Mrs. Incredible’s. But Samsung has a clever, if weird, fix for this: Among the Galaxy’s 732,852 features is one called “One-Handed Operation,” whose function is to shrink the screen so that you can reach all of it with your thumb. It leaves empty black areas around the shrunken image."

isnt this old android laffs? i swear i remember hearing about this over a year ago

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

rotor posted:

I'm sorry I probated you by mistake, I'm on my phone and iOS is poo poo, if I had been using my old pre this never would have happened. again, my apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused.

ROTORRRRRRR

you owe me!

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Last Chance posted:

isnt this old android laffs? i swear i remember hearing about this over a year ago

they did this with their intentionally oversized phones, now they're doing it with their "regular" phones

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug
next they're gonna start making their terible watches do that

Bing the Noize
Dec 21, 2008

by The Finn

Citizen Tayne posted:

Mods, please ban this man for being stupid enough to discuss how he's going to evade taxes on a public forum.

yo dude, i respect your diligence in posting this every time i make an android thread appearance, but really im just flattered to know you care this much :3:

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Bing the Noize posted:

yo dude, i respect your diligence in posting this every time i make an android thread appearance, but really im just flattered to know you care this much :3:

You used to claim you weren't dodging taxes. Now you outright admit to it. lol

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

man, gently caress tax evaders

Bing the Noize
Dec 21, 2008

by The Finn
almost as bad as android users :greenangel:

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

Shifty Pony posted:

well one nice thing about android being for spergs is that there are a nice number of apps for detailed tracking of random phone functions.

the downside is I had to download and use that because the drat phone kept overheating when i used it for nav on my car dash and i needed soemthing with a programmable temperature alarm function.

i have a friend who does that with their 5s where its ON the dash and it throttles like crazy unless they're careful to keep it in the path of an ac vent or something idk

so maybe stop leaving it in the sun while its hammering gps gawd

The Skeep posted:

What is the yospos mobile telephone of choice?

Or are they all poo poo.

i like moto x

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

Bing the Noize posted:

please post more incriminating evidence tia

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

The Skeep posted:

What is the yospos mobile telephone of choice?

Or are they all poo poo.

cant believe im having to say this but it's the Apple iPhone 5s 64GB Space Gray (GSM) Unlocked

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

THC posted:

cant believe im having to say this but it's the Apple iPhone 5s 64GB Space Gray (GSM) Unlocked

this but goldphone

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

yeah, if you want to be tacky as gently caress

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

white phones have never looked good

Bing the Noize
Dec 21, 2008

by The Finn
welp im officially getting therapy because this internet funney man business at my expense is too taxing on my emotions... thanks yospos...

Bing the Noize
Dec 21, 2008

by The Finn
:kheldragar:

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

no really how many payment processors are you using now

its for a friend

:nsa:

Bing the Noize
Dec 21, 2008

by The Finn
I actually only accept money orders and bitcoins these days but PM me if you wanna talk business :forkbomb: also I traded my 5S for a note 3 and bitcoins when they took blockchain down.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Bing the Noize posted:

I actually only accept money orders and bitcoins these days but PM me if you wanna talk business :forkbomb: also I traded my 5S for a note 3 and bitcoins when they took blockchain down.

im not sure if this is serious or not

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

do you know what is good about the android watch ?

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

do you know what is good about the android watch ?

nope. neither does google.

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

poo poo

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

dem curves :forkbomb:

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
your move, crapple

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW

im spurtin

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

wont that make the phone even more slippery than plastic phones already are?

also how will hotsand or wahtever his name was put sandpapertape on the edges?!?!?!?!

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

sometimes my arms bend back

Shit Farm
Jan 10, 2013

Tusen Takk posted:

wont that make the phone even more slippery than plastic phones already are?

also how will hotsand or wahtever his name was put sandpapertape on the edges?!?!?!?!

get the back replaced with sandpaper

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Cart Cam posted:

get the back replaced with sandpaper

huh i knew that shape looked somewhat familiar

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

you posted apiece of wood. rotor is going to be pleased.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

THC posted:

this, but verizon since it is also gsm unlocked plus can be used on verizon for maximum resale.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

my space gray 5s looks very nice

Apr 7, 2003

Tusen Takk posted:

im not sure if this is serious or not

He's for real. He thinks that if he stops at $19,995, PayPal won't make him fill out a 1099-K and the IRS won't make him pay taxes on his online sales. He's been posting about tax avoidance tactics on publicly-viewable forums for a while now too.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Citizen Tayne posted:

He's for real. He thinks that if he stops at $19,995, PayPal won't make him fill out a 1099-K and the IRS won't make him pay taxes on his online sales. He's been posting about tax avoidance tactics on publicly-viewable forums for a while now too.

yeah but he runs the group buys for retrogames stuff and is generally a cool dude so idc. your fixation on him is weird.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Progressive JPEG posted:

i have a friend who does that with their 5s where its ON the dash and it throttles like crazy unless they're careful to keep it in the path of an ac vent or something idk

so maybe stop leaving it in the sun while its hammering gps gawd

i like moto x

it hangs out in a holder thing right above a controllable vent. but it can be 70 in the car, at night, and if i don't have that vent on with some airflow just GPS+display+bluetooth+battery charging is enough to push the temperature up to levels I'm not happy about.

it wouldn't be a big deal if the steering wheel controls in my car would properly pass A2DP RCP track skip controls but android is a loving polished piece of art compared to in-car audio systems.

edit: and i don't spend enough time in my car to justify upgrading the head unit.

Shifty Pony fucked around with this message at 14:20 on Apr 18, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apr 7, 2003

RZA Encryption posted:

yeah but he runs the group buys for retrogames stuff and is generally a cool dude so idc. your fixation on him is weird.

He is peak android, and lol retrogames

• Locked thread