Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will you #JoinTheForce?
I already have
I want to I just don't know how
Only if they sign Sid
#JoinTheForce
View Results

• Locked thread
oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Jeff Jarrett has never had enough heat to melt steel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
He's never had enough heat to grill cheese.

Although he was pretty hated back in 2004 because he still had the belt despite not really needing it and everyone thought he was just ripping off HHH.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Knocked down two towers and never drew a dime.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
There's a photoshop of clouds out there where the clouds look like goatse. Can someone do a Global force version of that and then get Jarrett to tweet it?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

CopywrightMMXI posted:

There's a photoshop of clouds out there where the clouds look like goatse. Can someone do a Global force version of that and then get Jarrett to tweet it?

Go nuts.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Thanks!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
From today's Observer update:

--Chris Thomas, who worked in P.R. for TNA for years, is the latest name linked with Jeff Jarrett's new Global Force Wrestling promotion.

Also the GFW sure loved this headline:

http://triblive.com/neighborhoods/y...9#axzz2zvTCVG3H

LEGENDARY WRESTLER.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

--Chris Thomas, who worked in P.R. for TNA for years, is the latest name linked with Jeff Jarrett's new Global Force Wrestling promotion.

Who knew the company that does zero promotion outside of the occasional spike tv commercial that almost feels like a time filler accident and is known for making terrible twitter decisions even had a P.R. person

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

MassRafTer posted:

Also the GFW sure loved this headline:

http://triblive.com/neighborhoods/y...9#axzz2zvTCVG3H

LEGENDARY WRESTLER.

Oh god, the local two bit right wing paper's glorifying Jarrett now?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Who knew the company that does zero promotion outside of the occasional spike tv commercial that almost feels like a time filler accident and is known for making terrible twitter decisions even had a P.R. person

They do promotion outside Spike, it's just all really god awful. Let's not forget their decision to buy 3 billboards for Impact in Stamford CT during the new Monday Night Wars.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

They do promotion outside Spike, it's just all really god awful. Let's not forget their decision to buy 3 billboards for Impact in Stamford CT during the new Monday Night Wars.

Fair enough - I forgot that when they actually do try they go about it in the dumbest way possible so it pretty much cancels it out

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Excellent placement of lettering there.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
You can tell nothing is going on in GFW right now, they are just tweeting pictures of Sadler's GFW car and people in GFW t-shirts.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END
If a name change this soon doesn't spell doom, well I don't know what does.

Sock Monkey Wrench
Jan 1, 2012

Thauros posted:

It's a shame apparently no pics of JJ and Ian Rotten together were taken from the IWS-MS incident...

I work for IWA-MS fairly regularly since they've been up and running again. I wasn't there at this particular show because I was at Shimmer that weekend..BUT me and some friends' phones started blowing up with texts as all of this poo poo started to unfold. Granted, it is completely 100% understandable to be upset with a promoter if they don't have all of the agreed upon money..even if it is a mishap or accident or whatever. But JJ apparently decided to take it out on everyone else in the locker room that had nothing to do with it in a very LOUD fashion.

Also, Drake Younger had his final match there that night..afterwards while he was addressing the crowd (his parents were also in attendance), Karen decided it would be a good time to interrupt and go on a drunken tirade...ALSO, at a Dreamwave show right before, Karen pulled the same thing and tried to hold the promoter up for something like an extra $1000 out of his pocket because they failed to put her 8x10's out at the merch table and caused her to lose sales. Or something that totally made sense to her. So she got drunk and yelled at everyone about it.

My gentleman-friend used to be a jobber for a while for TNA back when they were still in Nashville...If you bring up JJ's name in conversation, a long string of profanities leave his mouth.

TL;DR: Jeff Jarrett and his wife are assholes.

Great White Hope posted:

I am so excited for GFW.

This is either going to be a bunch of solid shows, in which case the sheer shock will rival Lesnar beating Taker, or it's going to be a trainwreck not seen since the weekly TNA PPVs, except as a television show.

(It's going to be a trainwreck)

:munch:

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Everyone calm down, the latest Global Force update is here!

http://youtu.be/pmFxq6gtS1E

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Have You Join The Force?

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

The top 1% of ducks have control of 99.9% of the bread.

njsykora posted:

Have You Join The Force?

No, no, can't say I have.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

My god, some of those fan pictures...

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

njsykora posted:

Have You Join The Force?

There wasn't even a question mark

Have You Join The Force

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
I'm pretty sure I saw Zack Ryder in that video

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

coconono posted:

Everyone calm down, the latest Global Force update is here!

http://youtu.be/pmFxq6gtS1E

The gently caress? How are they selling T-Shirts. They don't even have a Roster yet!

At this point GFW is a ponzi scheme.

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

The top 1% of ducks have control of 99.9% of the bread.

BigRed0427 posted:

At this point GFW is a ponzi scheme.

All GFW employees to be paid in Bitcoins

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

GFW is already a greater financial success than TNA has ever been.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Raeg posted:

All GFW employees to be paid in Bitcoins

You joke, but I am waiting for the day when some indy promoter does this.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

BigRed0427 posted:

You joke, but I am waiting for the day when some indy promoter does this.

Better than a personal check from Ian Rotten.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
This is a real tweet.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Drunken Karen Jarrett must have done a number on their talent relations.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
"Oh yeah, and I guess pick a woman wrestler too. Psh, whatever." :geno:

Sock Monkey Wrench posted:

I work for IWA-MS fairly regularly since they've been up and running again. I wasn't there at this particular show because I was at Shimmer that weekend..BUT me and some friends' phones started blowing up with texts as all of this poo poo started to unfold. Granted, it is completely 100% understandable to be upset with a promoter if they don't have all of the agreed upon money..even if it is a mishap or accident or whatever. But JJ apparently decided to take it out on everyone else in the locker room that had nothing to do with it in a very LOUD fashion.

Also, Drake Younger had his final match there that night..afterwards while he was addressing the crowd (his parents were also in attendance), Karen decided it would be a good time to interrupt and go on a drunken tirade...ALSO, at a Dreamwave show right before, Karen pulled the same thing and tried to hold the promoter up for something like an extra $1000 out of his pocket because they failed to put her 8x10's out at the merch table and caused her to lose sales. Or something that totally made sense to her. So she got drunk and yelled at everyone about it.

My gentleman-friend used to be a jobber for a while for TNA back when they were still in Nashville...If you bring up JJ's name in conversation, a long string of profanities leave his mouth.

TL;DR: Jeff Jarrett and his wife are assholes.

:munch:
Who are ya?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

if we all tweet Big Daddy Yum Yum at him will they be forced to sign him

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

MassRafTer posted:

This is a real tweet.

Their twitter handle breaks down to "Global Force Wrestling Wrestling" and that's driving me nuts.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

oatgan posted:

if we all tweet Big Daddy Yum Yum at him will they be forced to sign him

Are you implying that #GFWGM would not normally want to sign an international sensation like Big Daddy Yum Yum?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Look if you don't tweet Big Daddy Yum Yum with that hash tag I'm going to photoshop you into photos with Jeff Jarrett so get to it.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Well if that's the prize for not tweeting, what's the super prize for actually tweeting?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Great White Hope posted:

Well if that's the prize for not tweeting, what's the super prize for actually tweeting?

If you want this to happen to you, keep it up punk.

Except it'll be for real.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
Guess who just bought a ticket to an exclusive meet and greet with GLOBAL FORCE WRESTLING SUPERSTARS Jeff and Karen Jarrett?

It also entitles me to one free personalized 8x10 which I will have them sign with #JoinTheForce, naturally.

I don't know if the wrestling tryouts are for GFW but it's funnier that way.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Bard Maddox posted:

Guess who just bought a ticket to an exclusive meet and greet with GLOBAL FORCE WRESTLING SUPERSTARS Jeff and Karen Jarrett?

It also entitles me to one free personalized 8x10 which I will have them sign with #JoinTheForce, naturally.

I don't know if the wrestling tryouts are for GFW but it's funnier that way.

If only Jeff Jarrett would sign the undoctored photo of his head coming out of a man's rear end in a top hat.

GFW's Fantasy GM is over. They decided to retweet dozens of the tweets sent to them. Thrilling. Looks like we know how Jeff is filling his database.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Did they retweet Big Daddy Yum Yum?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006

So many great talent, indeed. Our cup runneth over.

• Locked thread