Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005

MREs - They're whats for breakfast, lunch AND dinner !

Hellsau posted:

Holy poo poo I need to reequip my TOG now.

I made the skin, the ship masts came from a separate mod I found on mirtankov.net. I have no idea if said mast mod still works in 9.0, but since its just a tank skin it should. If you really want this, I can package it up for you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EdEddnEddy
Apr 5, 2012

The Type 58 really wasn't as bad as it could have been for me. Maybe it was because I worked through it after driving the T-34 and T-34-85 so I was already in Medium mode, but I was able to carry surprisingly well in the 58. It's gun lacks punch, but it was able to be accurate and pen stuff when you were peaking around rocks and shooting the asses of anything stupid enough to focus on something that isn't you.

Then I got the T-43 and loved that even more, however it really does like to spontaneously combust anytime someone points at its hull with a pointed stick. I look forward to the T-44 but lack the credits with all the equipment sales and stuff.

May I ask how the best of you play and fit your FV304? I can understand the super lob short range shots can be fun, but with only 1 HE shell type, I just cannot make it reliably damage enough to make it fun for me. I always end up in Tier 8 games where 50-150dmg per shot just doesn't do enough to carry all the horrible teams I get with it. My LeFH is way more fun with its better range, accuracy, and better ammo types and reload even.

Lastly, playing around with my money maker T34 last night, I swapped out my Rammer with a GLD for a total of Vstab/GLD/Vents and threw on Cola in place of the extinguisher (risky for sure) and man is the tank almost reborn. While the reload may have gone up a bit, it is a 13.12s reload but the gun handling is massively improved. Almost every shot (Packet Loss depending :argh: ) goes nearly exactly where I want it.

Most games where I wasn't getting roped into deep T10 matches, I was able to pull out solid 100K credit games and make most all of my shots count.

On one match on cliff, me and a M103 hold off 6 med/heavies at the lighthouse point until the rest of the team cleaned house on the rest of the map. It was a fantastic game and based on XVM, M103 was a Green, and all the others we were fighting were deep Red and played like it. :v:

MREBoy posted:

I made the skin, the ship masts came from a separate mod I found on mirtankov.net. I have no idea if said mast mod still works in 9.0, but since its just a tank skin it should. If you really want this, I can package it up for you.

Yes, Please.

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

The most fun you can have in a FV304 is to find someone with a slow repair time, hit and track them, then keep raining shells and re-tracking them until you finally do enough damage to kill them. It is like death from a thousand paper cuts. I instantly burn a repair kit if I ever get tracked by a 304 so I can avoid this fate.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
I don't believe this happened.

This was, hands down, the most fun I've had in a mere 6 minutes of playing this game. You spawn as the king poo poo, literally nothing penetrates you for ~reasons~, every single shot you fire penetrates everything anywhere, you don't even take damage from an SU-152 shotgunning you at point blank range, and even bounces on other tanks deal HE damage to them for some more ~reasons~. What in the entire gently caress.

Wehraboos aren't gonna play anything else ever again that isn't the Tiger in historical battle mode.

:catstare:

Subyng
May 4, 2013
This update loving rocks. I'm getting a solid 20-40 fps increase using standard render. The game actually runs smoothly now, and I can actually turn on some extra effects too!!! (My computer is poo poo)

Historical battles are awesome, also. Wrecked 2 King Tigers on Bulge in my Hellcat.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug
The War Crime Panther is fun in Historical. You aren't invincible, but if you get a non-retarded team (hard to do when everyone is PUSH BUTAN with a Tiger II), you can do a hell of a lot.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

I'm going to mix in stuff from the last thread with newer posts, all while trying not to threadnaught.

Keksen posted:

How could the 12t possibly grow on anyone? That thing is probably too slow to flank a British TD that's standing in water with a damaged engine. I even preferred the T21 over it.

I loved the AMX12 as well as the T21, and kept them both. Then again I'm a dumbass who likes playing scouts. I basically played them the same way, if that explains anything.

Cardiac posted:

As for the AMX 13 75, does it really have better mobility? Terrain resistance is lower, otherwise the HP/t and speed is more or less identical.
Likewise the gun handling seems marginally better?
I have a T71, and that is a tank that is better in every way.

The 13 75 is basically one of those tanks that got buffed a little from tier 6 to 7 but stayed mostly the same (see: T-43, Comet, etc.) It's "better" than the AMX12 but is offset by the tier jump; if anything it needs some kind of gun upgrade to be distinctive. I actually sold it because the T71 makes it obsolete at that tier, not to mention the WZ-131.

OSad posted:

Hey, not saying it's good compared to other scouts. The 12t feels completely unjustified, shoehorned in there because of the line progression into tier 10.

If they got rid of it, made the 13 75 the new tier 6, moved the 13 90 to tier 7 and placed the Lorraine back on tier 8, the line would suddenly click into place. The only hard part would be justifying the BatChat as a tier 9, which would probably never work but seems bizarrely doable since the thing gets two gun upgrades.

...was the BatChat a tier 9 before? Because that would actually make a lot of sense.

Haha that's exactly how it used to be, before tier 10 TDs & Meds. They added the ELC at 5 and moved the other 4 tanks down the line.

The AMX-13/105 could fit in there somewhere.

Zhanism posted:

I see the love to the Tiger, but does anyone like the Tiger(P)? The P seems to have a bit of better front amour but not much else is different? Is it worth keeping?

I kept the P and sold the H before the buff to the latter. I plan on rebuying the H (during a sale) and keeping both. I keep a lot of tanks, and the P has a good gun with pubbie-resistant armor, so it fills a niche in my garage.

LostCosmonaut posted:

If the people in platoon 2 could stop playing, that would be great. How do gently caress do you make it to tier 10 with a 42% win rate?

However much XP it takes to get to your tier 10 divided by ~200 XP/match = how to get a tier 10 without even trying!

UncleSmoothie posted:

In the interests of not making GBS threads up the new thread with lots of hair-pulling about XVM, here's my ode to the new StuG III B that was the last post before the previous thread closed up shop.

I'm completely in love with the StuG B. I think it might be the best TD in the game.

For some reason after the 9.0 update I had a brand new elite StuG B in my garage. I mounted the 10.5 on it and I've not rolled another tank since. What a beast. It one-shots drat near everything in its tier and if its profile was any lower it'd be two-dimension. It's completely replaced the Marder II as my low-tier slummin' tank.

I had the new STUG & the new Pz4s researched, and had pretty much all the German tanks in my garage, but didn't start with any of the new ones. I'm not sure how you were able to start with it. I'm calling FAKE AND GAY on this one.

Anyways, I compared the newer tanks to the previous ones. This is only really useful if you keep a ton of tanks like I do. So generally if you compare two same-tier tanks that have access to the same guns, a gun will work better on one tank than it does the other. This is in regards to RoF, accuracy, and aim time.

The 105 is better on the Hetzer than the Stug B, whereas the 75/48 is better on the latter than the former. The only caveat is that the Stug can hold more 105 shells, and IIRC the Hetzer holds more 75 shells.

The Pz4A is similar to the Pz3, except the latter gets a better 50 mm. They both get the 75/24 (which is still reasonable at tier 3) which is better on the Pz4A.

So that's basically how I configure similar tanks, with different [viable] guns for variety. For comparison, I use the 105 on the Pz4H and the 75 on the Pz3/4, and I use the 105 on the M4 and the 76 on the M10.

Ensign Expendable posted:

Matchmaker kicked out my T-70 after waiting in line for 5 minutes, but I got into the Bulge with my War Crimes Panther in a few seconds.

Edit: ah, I see why. When I got into Kursk in my Churchill it was packed with tier 5-7 vehicles to the brim. No room for my T-70 here.

Hmm, on the test server it had no problem with matches spanning tier 3-8. I guess that was just it being overly lenient due to the limited playerbase.

primelaw posted:

Also, keep on eye on your favorite mods being available!

http://www.reddit.com/r/WorldofTanks/comments/22za76/90_mod_list/

Or just use OMC Modpack. It beats having to go to pedophile HQ to look for individual mods.

As it stands, the modpack has some mods but most haven't been updated yet.

Mikemelbrooks, any news on an updated hedge trimmer mod that none of us will use because it's totally illegal and immoral?

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
I've noticed a lot of people in historical thinking their Rommel, directing people and barking orders like this a true ~tank sim~ or something.

Mr.48
May 1, 2007
Dang, the update sounds awesome, but since the patch is massive and I just ran out of room in my data-plan I wont be able to update until Saturday.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

MREBoy posted:

I can now die in a state of grace knowing that a gif I made (Nordick's flying FV304) made it into a thread OP.

Hey EE, if you can slip a TOGBus or TOGMarine in there (maybe mods section?) that would be great :buddy:.

Still in STUG, never gonna leave!

Gonna need this but with the PANSY iron cross on the sails. Got a link to the skin and masts mod so I can try and make it myself?

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Tracula posted:

I've noticed a lot of people in historical thinking their Rommel, directing people and barking orders like this a true ~tank sim~ or something.

Mostly because if the German team gets two Tiger 2s, and the US team gets 6 Hellcats, a E8, and a Jackson, if the US team splits 4 west and 4 east they cannot ever win no matter what. So the shittiest of pubbies say "all castle" and then are surprised when a Tiger 2 goes castle and then suddenly the games a loss.

What I'm saying is the Tiger 2 is slightly overpowered if there are not enough Jacksons.

Mr.48
May 1, 2007

The War Crime Panther is fun in Historical. You aren't invincible, but if you get a non-retarded team (hard to do when everyone is PUSH BUTAN with a Tiger II), you can do a hell of a lot.

I'm assuming the Panther/M10 is for Ardennes only?

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Mr.48 posted:

That sounds fun, what kind of loadout does it get?

Kenlon
Jun 27, 2003

Digitus Impudicus

Atomizer posted:

Or just use OMC Modpack. It beats having to go to pedophile HQ to look for individual mods.

I don't know why people keep recommending the OMC pack - just using JSGME to load individual mods makes it so much easier to tweak things to be right and proper.

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012

SeaTard posted:

It's only got one, the L/70 and the stock turret.

Thread title should have been "50 Shades of Feldgrau"

rossmum
Dec 2, 2008

Cummander ross, reporting for duty!

:gooncamp:
Bought and painted SU-85I and StuG III B, loaded up a historical match in the Hellcat because hahahaha gently caress you I'm not playing real tanks without my mods, drove for about 90 seconds and crashed.

Top patch.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Prav posted:

Please don't make me write an actual post about the Type 58's tradeoffs against the T-34-85 and why they're worth it. I'd be very rude and I'm sure you'd all still insist on being wrong.

Please do that.
I'm finding the Type58 to be worse than than the T-34-85 due to pen and gun depression.
That said, the T-34-85 is a great tank and the Type 58 is merely a good tank.
The higher DPM is nice but not enough to make up for the pen and gun depression.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Prav posted:

Please don't make me write an actual post about the Type 58's tradeoffs against the T-34-85 and why they're worth it. I'd be very rude and I'm sure you'd all still insist on being wrong.

Prav please do this thing

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Pillbug

Mr.48 posted:

Yes.

SeaTard posted:

Mostly AP, a handful of APCR (11 rounds, IIRC) and some HE for some reason.

primelaw
Apr 4, 2012

The most southern dandy robot judge

rossmum posted:

Bought and painted SU-85I and StuG III B, loaded up a historical match in the Hellcat because hahahaha gently caress you I'm not playing real tanks without my mods, drove for about 90 seconds and crashed.

Top patch.

The first historical match I had contained a Tiger 2 that was AFK. He was clearly roleplaying as a historical Tiger 2.

rossmum
Dec 2, 2008

Cummander ross, reporting for duty!

:gooncamp:
So the 430 was resized and is now roughly the same size as the 140. Did they adjust its camo too?

MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005

MREs - They're whats for breakfast, lunch AND dinner !

MariusLecter posted:

Gonna need this but with the PANSY iron cross on the sails. Got a link to the skin and masts mod so I can try and make it myself?

Masts mod: http://mirtankov.net/remodel/british/tog-ii/10756-tog-ii-remodeling.html

skin: http://mreboy.com/wot/Submarine_GB63_TOG_II.zip

and if I'm pimping my skins, try the schoolbus one too: http://mreboy.com/wot/Schoolbus_GB63_TOG_II.zip

and this is for rossmum:

if I ever get around to finishing it

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

i,m going to kill myself on friday #wow #whoa
Fun Shoe

... and some HE for some reason.

That's for shooting Hellcats :getin:

Furiously
Jan 4, 2014

...and Furiously as The Beagle.
My camera likes to zoom inside the tank and then the game stops being responsive, it also likes to get stuck on a autotarget target even after it blows up then the game stops being responsive.

It also likes to crash for no reason and not let you back into the match. How were the RU/EU servers not bitching up a storm?

Subyng
May 4, 2013

Hellsau posted:

Mostly because if the German team gets two Tiger 2s, and the US team gets 6 Hellcats, a E8, and a Jackson, if the US team splits 4 west and 4 east they cannot ever win no matter what. So the shittiest of pubbies say "all castle" and then are surprised when a Tiger 2 goes castle and then suddenly the games a loss.

What I'm saying is the Tiger 2 is slightly overpowered if there are not enough Jacksons.

Nah. I won all two Bulge games I've played so far without any help from Jacksons; one in a Hellcat, one in a Wolverine. When the German team is completely surrounded*, you don't need a 90mm gun.

*pubbies are still as dumb as ever, so getting them to actually swarm the sides and rear of tanks instead of trading shots face to face is the variable here

Yes. Right now you can do Kursk, Spring Awakening, or Battle of the Bulge.

Matchmaker kicked out my T-70 after waiting in line for 5 minutes, but I got into the Bulge with my War Crimes Panther in a few seconds.

Yup, I couldn't get into a Kursk battle in my T-70 at all. Wehraboos in their Tigers are skewing the MM too much. Seriously, line up for a Bulge match, literally all the Germans in queue are waiting on their King Tigers.

Chillyrabbit
Oct 24, 2012

The only sword wielding rabbit on the internet

Ultra Carp
Is there a specific reason why my world of tanks is so blurry now regardless of my graphic settings?

And I decided I wanted to try making my own custom xvm mod after experimenting with several different ones, where would I get some good resources to do that?

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

MREBoy posted:

Masts mod: http://mirtankov.net/remodel/british/tog-ii/10756-tog-ii-remodeling.html

skin: http://mreboy.com/wot/Submarine_GB63_TOG_II.zip

and if I'm pimping my skins, try the schoolbus one too: http://mreboy.com/wot/Schoolbus_GB63_TOG_II.zip

and this is for rossmum:

if I ever get around to finishing it

Nice.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Pillbug

Chillyrabbit posted:

Is there a specific reason why my world of tanks is so blurry now regardless of my graphic settings?

No idea, it's like that for me too.

Subyng posted:

Yup, I couldn't get into a Kursk battle in my T-70 at all. Wehraboos in their Tigers are skewing the MM too much. Seriously, line up for a Bulge match, literally all the Germans in queue are waiting on their King Tigers.

It's not the fact that they are in King Tigers, it's that there is no one in a PzIII, so there is nothing for the mode to balance against your T-70.

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

i,m going to kill myself on friday #wow #whoa
Fun Shoe
You would think that a T-34 wouldn't have any problems getting into a Historical Battle on Kursk of all places, but I've had several 5 minute waiting times with it. Other than that I've found them to be pretty fun from both sides. (T-34-85 loving wehraboo poo poo up never gets old)

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

SU-100s on Lake Balaton :getin:

EdEddnEddy
Apr 5, 2012

Does everyone still have a nice chunk of Packet Loss no matter what server they are connected to?

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

The new HD models look really nice before the game crashes.

mikemelbrooks
Jun 11, 2012

One tough badass
9.0.0 Trip report. I set a E100 on fire with arty the tanks became unspotted but you could still see the fire burning in arty view. M41 battle on Komarin I decide to move up as my flank seemed clear cue half a dozen crash to desktop when I zoomed back in again, I removed all mods from the resmods folder, and it still happened. I splashed a medium in a earlier game and it did a wicked 360 spin. All in all typical Wargaming. six out of ten

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Matchmaker for historical battles is incredibly broken. I had a 4v14 on Bulge earlier, which we lost, since two of my three teammates were idle. Just had an 8v14, which is not even close to loseable when the US side is Jacksonless. There does not seem to be any rhyme or reason to when the battles pop, since the matchmaking weight totals looked similar.

But goddamn does this make grinding the Tiger 2 easy, I can just tab out, read comics, and come back to get 1500 average xp.

T___A
Jan 18, 2014

Nothing would go right until we had a dictator, and the sooner the better.

rossmum posted:

So the 430 was resized and is now roughly the same size as the 140. Did they adjust its camo too?
Thankfully they did not.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
Historical battles seem fun on paper but goddamn can the MM really poo poo all over you hard if you get unlucky. Had a few nice games in my SU-85 but going up against two Tiger II's in my Wolverine with no Jacksons was absolutely awful.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Welp just got stuck in a CTD loop. That's neat. What the gently caress happened with WGA's process? They used to be incompetent for sure, but not nearly in the same way that 8.11 and 9.0 have been. They made bad decisions, but they tended to not make the game literally unplayable for people through lag or crashes.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
It'd be nice if they did this special server where they test things out with the public to catch bugs like this so they don't happen when it goes live. Oh wait...

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Tracula posted:

It'd be nice if they did this special server where they test things out with the public to catch bugs like this so they don't happen when it goes live. Oh wait...

They don't bother finalizing their changes with one last round of testing because they're loving stupid. They changed poo poo between the last round of test and release, which kind of defeats the purpose of the test server.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chillyrabbit
Oct 24, 2012

The only sword wielding rabbit on the internet

Ultra Carp

No idea, it's like that for me too.

Found it out,

3D render resolution make sure it stays at 100% and apparently sometimes it resets itself down? But anyways setting it to 100% makes everything crisp again.

• Locked thread