Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ShankyMcStabber
Mar 9, 2012

I spend way too much money on computer parts.
That is the exact method of Clan Management I used with MTFT.

It kind of makes sense with how pubbies all scream about how your clan members act reflects on the clan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Nidhg00670000 posted:

Oh btw, for people not keeping up with the latest EU WoT goon news, 2PAC has started using a different model for our division of labour.

Over on the NA server, we at NTR have had the mono-diplomat makeup for a while. Unfortunately, once the pubbies figure out that your clan is mostly diplomats, they'll know your weaknesses.

Our time wikk come.

ShankyMcStabber
Mar 9, 2012

I spend way too much money on computer parts.
I thought our weakness was Chili dogs, Cheetos, and Soap?

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012

Chillyrabbit posted:

Supposedly the next campaign

Highlights

12 days
up to tier 8
top 30 clans get gold
award tank is t23e3 (only a 1000 to give out but might be due to asian cluster)
Revolts are a key theme to this one

Sounds like PANSY is back in action :smuggo:

gannyGrabber posted:

I've finally made my way to Pershing, so I'm doing better, but the T20 was a slog. Just being melted by everyone and everything was disheartening, I really should have invested in Heavies.

You're probably exposing yourself too much. Try platooning so you figure out some better ways to play mediums. The Pershing has better turret armour than the T20, but if you're getting shot by multiple tanks all the time you still won't last long.

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

Slim Jim Pickens posted:

:omarcomin:

And to think I almost sold my IS-3. Or did I? poo poo, I can't remember. Elited both the IS-3 and 50 100 recently, but I think I hung onto them both.

Hopefully WGA will extend premium and the On Track event a couple of days when they get this crash bug sorted.

SoUncool
Oct 21, 2010
So has WG actually acknowledged the crashes in any way? Or are they just ignoring it and hoping it goes away?

Chillyrabbit
Oct 24, 2012

The only sword wielding rabbit on the internet

Ultra Carp

Hellsau posted:

Over on the NA server, we at NTR have had the mono-diplomat makeup for a while. Unfortunately, once the pubbies figure out that your clan is mostly diplomats, they'll know your weaknesses.

Our time wikk come.

Well how did the CW battle turnout?

Peppi
May 17, 2011

by Lowtax

drunkendonuts posted:

So has WG actually acknowledged the crashes in any way? Or are they just ignoring it and hoping it goes away?

They are aware.

primelaw
Apr 4, 2012

The most southern dandy robot judge
Ugh the Fame Point mechanic is stupid as heck but I want my super special premium tier 7 medium :(

rossmum
Dec 2, 2008

Cummander ross, reporting for duty!

:gooncamp:
Well, looks like WG at least tidied up some of the models. The gun barrels are all dark inside now, no more goofy mantlet clipping. Cent's coax is now machine-gun-coloured, though they decided to nix its flex .30 cal for some reason so it looks kind of weird without it. Tiger and Panther both take camo without turning sub-black and sucking all light from their surrounds, and Tiger looks a little more beat up than it was before.

HB trip report: I played a match of Kursk as a Panther, which took nigh 5 minutes to pop and when it did I got shafted with only one other Panther (an idiot) and a bunch of StuGs and PzIVs (all idiots). They all rushed hill because I went there to try put shots on town/rails and they wanted to see my shiny pretty tank in action. I ended up doing like 1.8k damage, nobody else did anything and instead of realising that rushing hill and then failing to use it properly was the cause of the loss, they began howling about Russian Bias because apparently blind, HE-laden SU-152s also driven by imbeciles are impossible to beat in accurate tanks with long view ranges and, in the StuG's case, absurd camo.

My second battle was Balaton in a T-34-85. Immediately I noticed the enemy's one and only Panther was on my shitlist (voice ignore list), and without me even having to say a word he began making GBS threads up chat in broken English about "rossmum is a team kill". I don't remember why he was on my shitlist but I pointed this fact out and then warned his team that you have to be profoundly touched on a level most other pubbies don't even reach to end up there. Sure enough, three minutes later, he's spotted apparently idle in spawn and dies in about ten seconds. I didn't do a whole lot of damage, our team just kinda facerolled the theoretically better German team full of Jagdpanthers and Nashorns.

Verdict: HB is dumb and bad and a waste of time thanks to the 50 or so shitlers who are readied up in Tigers at any one time, and of whom exactly zero will unready to switch to even a PzIV or Panther, let alone an Allied tank. As soon as WG patch this poo poo up to fix all the fun issues that didn't happen on test but inexplicably do happen now, I'm reinstalling my mods and saying goodbye to HB. On the plus side, now I won't have to risk loving my precious T2 LT or PzIC stats testing mods after subsequent patches! I can do it in a lovely gamemode nobody cares about instead.

Overwined
Sep 22, 2008

Wine can of their wits the wise beguile,
Make the sage frolic, and the serious smile.

primelaw posted:

Ugh the Fame Point mechanic is stupid as heck but I want my super special premium tier 7 medium :(

Why would you want that piece of trash? I thought for a second that it might be an autoloading M1A1 or something like that, but no. It's poo poo even with soft MM.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy
My trip report from last night includes the following:

- crash to desktop w/o warning exiting a match
- crash to desktop when in spectator mode while selecting a different tank to view
- crash to desktop when in spectator mode if moving the mouse while in your own dead tank
- crash to desktop when firing from 1375 while airborne (I don't think it was necessarily airborne that cause it but w/e)

primelaw
Apr 4, 2012

Overwined posted:

Why would you want that piece of trash? I thought for a second that it might be an autoloading M1A1 or something like that, but no. It's poo poo even with soft MM.

Because I want every single premium I can possibly get/afford no matter how bad they are.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug
I've had 2 CTDs so far, both in Historical, in my War Crime. One was as we have all but won, but sadly one was as our amazing Tiger II duo decided to charge into a swarm of Hellcats because "A KT can solo the whole enemy team dude" and promptly causing everyone except me and a Jagdpanther to die.

Overwined
Sep 22, 2008

primelaw posted:

Because I want every single premium I can possibly get/afford no matter how bad they are.

I was just about to mock you because I thought no sane person would own a Matilda BP. Then I looked at your Noobmeter page.

Get help.

primelaw
Apr 4, 2012

Overwined posted:

I was just about to mock you because I thought no sane person would own a Matilda BP. Then I looked at your Noobmeter page.

Get help.

Well I also have a Schmalturm, Lowe, Chi-Nu Kai, T-34-3, and Tog right now :v:

I also want the Sexton 1 and AT15A when they go on sale again.

Pogue_Mahone
Aug 23, 2007

Pissehead in the Making
Was getting lots of CTD's until I changed the graphics settings to "standard" rather than advanced. Now its working a charm, no crashes whatsoever... just means the graphics look like how they used to (poo poo).

Pogue_Mahone fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Apr 18, 2014

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

I'm telling my mommy. That pubbie doesn't do video games right!
I still have the graphics on improved, but I think I've reduced the number of crashes (not eliminated them) by deleting my %APPDATA%\Wargaming.net\WorldOfTanks folder. Someone on the forums said that there was a conflict between old and new config files, and that lead to some (but not all) of the crashes. It seems to have worked, I haven't had a crash since except for the Hellcat bug.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

primelaw posted:

Well I also have a Schmalturm, Lowe, Chi-Nu Kai, T-34-3, and Tog right now :v:

I also want the Sexton 1 and AT15A when they go on sale again.

Hold off on the Sexton forever. If they ever remove it from the store, grab it then. The Sexton is not worth playing at all, and you know how much I love playing the leFH.

God drat I love playing the leFH, anyone who didn't get one should seek medical help. If I could get a Type 59 and give up my leFH, I'd say gently caress you lovely Chinese tank leFH is too good.

Hellsau fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Apr 18, 2014

srb
Jul 24, 2007
Hey Rossmum, the T-54 lost the machine guns on the sides. Does that mean it's not a T-54A hull anymore?

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Noobmeter (and WN8?) are a bit confused right now with the split of the StuG and Pz IVs so it's treating them as brand new tank results for everyone.

Chillyrabbit
Oct 24, 2012

The only sword wielding rabbit on the internet

Ultra Carp
NA CW Campaign
Highlights

Map shows up April 26 for testing
Starts on May 6
Top 11 clans get gold
Tier 8 max
Award tank T23E3 awarded to top 1500 fame point players

EU CW Campaign

Map shows up May 5 for testing
Starts May 13
Top 30 clans get gold
Max tier 8
Award tank T23E3 awarded to top 6000 fame point players

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug
Ugh, they're doing this face points bullshit again, because we all know how well that worked last time.

subhelios
May 26, 2013

Unfortunately, there is no such game as 'World of Submarines.'

Slim Jim Pickens posted:

I actually have an IS-3 now too, no more getting turned down due to only having a lovely Löwe (just getting turned down because I'm bad)!

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

We're in the pipe, five by five.
Grimey Drawer
32 battles in 9.0, no crashes so far. HB is the most hilarious game mode ever. The tears, oh the tears. "RUSSIAN BIAS, mein kruppstahl ist zupposed to be invinzible, ABLOOBLOO!"

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Welp finally got my first CTD when in the middle of a winning historical battle, thanks wargaming.

Kresher
Sep 11, 2001
Permanent Patient
I had at least 3~4 CTDs out of 10 games I've played with 9.0 patch.

Also, I'm pissed that Historical Battles results are not being counted into Noobmeter's stats.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

I don't know if it's a mod or not, but every time I get shot by a TD there's no graphics or sound for the hit, my hp just vanishes and I get a text report only. Happened with both an invisible long range 704 shot, and point blank shots from a visible Rhoomba.

Mr.48
May 1, 2007
Again with the stupid fame points? I might actually miss out on this campaign altogether due to being in the middle of moving to a different country so I guess its a good thing tha the reward is only a probably-crappy tier 7. Oh well, my pimped out AMX50-100 is ready just in case.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Turns out that HE on the Sherman in battle of the bulge is broken, does almost a guaranteed 100 damage per hit to a Tiger II's front, or anything's front. Get in a sherman and blow up nazis today!

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
I had a really silly game just with a lot of ramming and firing on the move.
http://wotreplays.com/site/785859#northwest-slaapaav-t-34-85

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
Also anyone on EU wanna platoon right now?

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Control Volume posted:

Turns out that HE on the Sherman in battle of the bulge is broken, does almost a guaranteed 100 damage per hit to a Tiger II's front, or anything's front. Get in a sherman and blow up nazis today!

So what you're telling me is to fire HE?

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

i,m going to kill myself on friday #wow #whoa
Fun Shoe

Slaapaav posted:

Also anyone on EU wanna platoon right now?

You might want to check out this thread!

Subyng
May 4, 2013

Control Volume posted:

Pretty sure the American 105mm has always been that potent. Don't think it's broken, unless there's a specific reason why it can't do 100hp damage to a Tiger II's front.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

Did they just accidentally mess up their multithreading and implement a race condition? That's pretty funny if that's what happened.

World of Tanks: Master Race Condition.

Marux
Mar 15, 2008

College Slice
Anyone else have an issue where every single Chi Nu Kai is super refective, to the point it looks like someone sprayed the entire thing with chrome.

Its happened to me on multiple games and maps, not really sure if its just me though.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Subyng posted:

Pretty sure the American 105mm has always been that potent. Don't think it's broken, unless there's a specific reason why it can't do 100hp damage to a Tiger II's front.

The M4 105's HE listed stats are 410 damage and 53 pen. The Tiger 2's 105mm HE stats are 420 damage and 60 pen. We tried negating the front slope angle, but could not get any damage on my Tiger 2's upper plate.

I don't care enough to test other guns, but M4 HE is dealing 150 damage to my Tiger 2, while in testing a Tiger 2 with better HE shells could not deal more than 100 to my LFP, and dealt 0 damage to my UFP, even from above while my tank was tilted downward. Something's not quite right here. The M4 shell might have a BIG splash, compared to the Tiger 2, but even then that's kind of silly.

srb
Jul 24, 2007
Had fun times in my E25 yesterday, got about 3 games that were similar but this was the best one:

http://wotreplays.com/site/785834#murovanka-srb-e-25

Video for your viewing pleasure

Sorry about the audio quality. I'm still amazed with how much I got away with when not even playing particularly well (all I did was inch forward in a forest and shoot things).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Overwined
Sep 22, 2008

Marux posted:

Anyone else have an issue where every single Chi Nu Kai is super refective, to the point it looks like someone sprayed the entire thing with chrome.

That Chi Nu Kai is ballin'.

• Locked thread