Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

zoux posted:

One of two former CW villains to show up in this episode. Really hope the guy that played Death in Supernatural isn't just a one off.
Leekie played Pestilence on Supernatural, so it's technically it's 3 CW villains.

Also, Orphan Black beat Hannibal in a scientifically accurate Internet Poll.

Slamhound fucked around with this message at 06:23 on May 2, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xeria
Jul 26, 2004

Ruh roh...

Slamhound posted:

Leekie played Pestilence on Supernatural, so it's technically it's 3 CW villains.

Also, Orphan Black beat Hannibal in a scientifically accurate Internet Poll.

Jesus, Game of Thrones got pretty solidly trounced by both of them. That I wouldn't have expected from an internet poll.

MC Fruit Stripe
Nov 26, 2002

around and around we go

xeria posted:

Jesus, Game of Thrones got pretty solidly trounced by both of them. That I wouldn't have expected from an internet poll.
As with all self-selecting polls everywhere, it's all about which fanbase is aware of your website and its poll. Obviously it's just clickbait, and it worked - I'd never heard of thegeekiary.com until now, but obviously fans of 2 particular shows had.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
Also I'm guessing vote spamming was completely allowed.

R-Type
Oct 10, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
New episode tonight - this thread is awfully quiet!

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

God drat Cylon lawyer here patrolling about. Be more obvious, guy.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Kira being an adorable distraction.

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler
The "I've just showered" is such a cold shoulder.

Edit: Which clone was that on the video?

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

tomapot posted:

The "I've just showered" is such a cold shoulder.

Edit: Which clone was that on the video?

A new one. Forgot the name but dead anyway.

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

~~~dreamy daddy daario~~~

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Brock Samson posted:

~~~dreamy daario~~~

Daddy Daario?

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler

Brock Samson posted:

A new one. Forgot the name but dead anyway.

Makes the "cheaper by the dozen" phrase all the more meaningful now.

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

How could I have possibly known he'd be at his house?!

jesus Felix is gonna make me cry :(

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Alison's musical starts tomorrow, she needs me :allears:

I cant rhyme
Aug 19, 2007
Poor Cosima. That was awful.

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

Well this is hosed up.

I cant rhyme posted:

Poor Cosima. That was awful.

Heh

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

Fe is the saddest puppy :(

Stupid cop bitch is gonna get disposaled!

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

Paul when he finds out Sarah has a new beau

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

Oh, drunk Allison :allears:

I cant rhyme
Aug 19, 2007
That performance.

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

Dare I say Tony level performance?

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Oh Alison... :allears:

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

Too bad Helena can't slaughter the lot of them right there.

edit Are they getting married? I don't know religion.

Fresh Like Zafo
May 31, 2012

Oh man, this is so creepy.

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

Drive the car into an ionic storm then smash his head in with a flashlight. Works every time.

Or that.

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

Fresh Like Zafo posted:

Oh man, this is so creepy.
It makes me want to play Bioshock Infinite again.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010
Doing an autopsy on a fellow clone has got to be rough.

And good luck to the Creepy Religious Rape Cult! I'm sure your plan to impregnate a Romanian serial killer will end well!

Popper
Nov 15, 2006

I'm trying to work out if all the clones are the same age. If the new clone died from the polyps are the polyps random or was the new clone older. It's pretty hard to say if they're all the same age or not based on their characters, but if they are younger or older would Sarah be the youngest or the oldest (So the original or the perfect clone) or did she just luck out to avoid the polyps. Similarly why isn't Alison sick if one of the other clones is already dead, and she can't have children (so she has the polyps).

Also Helena's story is becoming my favourite. I thought resurrecting her was a bad idea, but they're emphasising the other side of her personality, where she is completely subservient to men and religion, and building the story around that. I'll be pretty happy if she murders half the cult at some point but right now I'm genuinely sympathetic to a murdering psychopath. It's an awesome use of a really complicated character.

Woden
May 6, 2006
Tumors wont go cancerous in them all at the same age, so there's no real way of using it to determine their ages. Alison probably has polyps but they haven't turned cancerous yet.

As for Sarah and Helena I really can't tell where they're going with this polyp thing, if they really didn't have them you'd think the bad guys would be pretty interested in them but instead they're all about the kid.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
Yes Felix you must be with Alison.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
"I know where the daughter is but I'm not gonna tell you right now, don't worry, it's not like something bad is gonna happen to me five seconds after I hang up, okay bye" made me roll my eyes pretty hard.

xeria
Jul 26, 2004

Ruh roh...

Woden posted:

Tumors wont go cancerous in them all at the same age, so there's no real way of using it to determine their ages. Alison probably has polyps but they haven't turned cancerous yet.

As for Sarah and Helena I really can't tell where they're going with this polyp thing, if they really didn't have them you'd think the bad guys would be pretty interested in them but instead they're all about the kid.

Well, for Helena, everyone who knows about her thinks she's dead anyway (except for Art/Angie and the religious cult), so that's probably why they aren't actively looking for her, if anything.

And Kira apparently has the ability to not die from getting run the gently caress over, and can heal like crazy. I imagine the greater importance for DYAD/Rachel is getting clones healed of these polyps -- since property that keeps dying loses its value pretty quickly -- and currently lesser importance is "why the gently caress does Sarah not have them?"

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.

xeria posted:

and currently lesser importance is "why the gently caress does Sarah not have them?"

We don't know that necessarily, right? Sarah hasn't been shot or stabbed or anything yet.

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien
I swear, if this show ends up with Henrietta Lacks being the original, that'd be the coolest twist ever.

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

xeria posted:

"why the gently caress does Sarah not have them?"

Kira is basically a living polyp.

xeria
Jul 26, 2004

Ruh roh...

ETB posted:

We don't know that necessarily, right? Sarah hasn't been shot or stabbed or anything yet.

I meant more, why she doesn't have the polyps (presumably, since she's obviously fertile and had a kid). She could also have some crazy healing powers but I don't think we've seen her get injured to the point of having them be possible/apparent like Kira and maybe Helena. (Well, we hadn't before but now she's just been t-boned...)

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

They did raise those crazy shooting powers in s1, and never return to them again. Totally thought that would be a thing.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
Maybe Sarah was able to concieve because she got pregnant so young - I bet none of the other clones even tried when they were teens.

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

quote:

In 1955 HeLa cells were the first human cells successfully cloned.

Demand for the HeLa cells quickly grew. Since they were put into mass production, Henrietta's cells have been mailed to scientists around the globe for "research into cancer, AIDS, the effects of radiation and toxic substances, gene mapping, and countless other scientific pursuits". HeLa cells have been used to test human sensitivity to tape, glue, cosmetics, and many other products.

Scientists have grown some 20 tons of her cells, and there are almost 11,000 patents involving HeLa cells.

A show about cloning, and clones whose reproductive facilities are defective. Just saying, Henrietta Lacks sounds like a real choice.

Also, it's called orphan black; Henrietta Lacks was a black orphan (mother died in childbirth, father abandoned children).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Holy poo poo that was a perfect impersonation: "Great Scott, I've created life itself" AND Dario from GoT shows up I loving love this show. Tatiana deserves all the awards, Oscar, Tony, Emmy, Purple Heart, kids karate Trophy, and the Congressional Medal of Honor.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE fucked around with this message at 21:53 on May 4, 2014

• Locked thread