Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Damiya
Jul 3, 2012
creepy cult clone marriage scene :catstare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R-Type
Oct 10, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Damiya posted:

creepy cult clone marriage scene :catstare:

He took her to the place where the rapes happen. :huh:

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.
Does he woo all of his wives this way? So romantic~~~

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

So...apparently Allison's musical is real?

http://bloodtiesthemusical.ca/

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Chairman Capone posted:

I figured they were just making a musical version of Sunshine Cleaning

Jul 3, 2004

careful!

Chairman Capone posted:

The cast in the show is the real cast from the Toronto group too, pianist and director and everything, with the exception of Sarah Stubbs.

Damiya
Jul 3, 2012

80k posted:

The cast in the show is the real cast from the Toronto group too, pianist and director and everything, with the exception of Sarah Stubbs.

That's awesome :allears:

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

ETB posted:

Does he woo all of his wives this way? So romantic~~~

I fear for his daughter.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Yeah Peter Outerbridge is on some next level creepy poo poo.

I'd be surprised if Cal is a long term character, since the actor is on The Most Popular Show in the Universe now and, well, OB isn't that.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.
I'm sure GoT has pretty much finished filming the season at this point anyway.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005

zoux posted:

Yeah Peter Outerbridge is on some next level creepy poo poo.

I'd be surprised if Cal is a long term character, since the actor is on The Most Popular Show in the Universe now and, well, OB isn't that.

Nashville? Treme?

Oh...right.

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

They could always just recast him...

xeria
Jul 26, 2004

Ruh roh...
OB and GoT are probably filmed in reasonably close proximity to each other, since they both air in the spring and they both finish filming by their premiere dates (definitely for GoT; I believe so for OB, anyway*). It's not like they wouldn't have known the actor was going to be on GoT as well and adjusted accordingly. And it's not like Daario is so important that he's in large chunks of almost every episode, therefore has a lot to film (see: Lena Headey and Peter Dinklage).

*(According to wikipedia, S1 was scheduled to finish filming a couple months before it started airing; it's reasonable to expect that S2 probably followed a similar schedule.)

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

xeria posted:

It's not like they wouldn't have known the actor was going to be on GoT as well and adjusted accordingly. And it's not like Daario is so important that he's in large chunks of almost every episode, therefore has a lot to film (see: Lena Headey and Peter Dinklage).

Yeah, most of the GoT cast only actually work on the show for more than a few weeks a year. Many of them are heavily involved in other projects.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
Isn't the first time you see the cult leader guy when he's artificially inseminating the cow? I bet he's doing the same to Helena. Also he's from MIT. Hopefully no creepy rape?

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Rarity posted:

Yeah, most of the GoT cast only actually work on the show for more than a few weeks a year. Many of them are heavily involved in other projects.

Danaeris Dany has been in the show so infrequently the last couple seasons that I envision her showing up for work during a new season and she is done in about 2 days. She has had, what, 60 minutes of screen time in the last 15 hours of show? She is lucky to get 10 minutes per episode.

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.

Zombie Boat posted:

Isn't the first time you see the cult leader guy when he's artificially inseminating the cow? I bet he's doing the same to Helena. Also he's from MIT. Hopefully no creepy rape?

Regardless of how he does it, I think it constitutes creepy.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
No arguments here. They're creepy in a league of their own.

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

GORDON posted:

Danaeris Dany has been in the show so infrequently the last couple seasons that I envision her showing up for work during a new season and she is done in about 2 days. She has had, what, 60 minutes of screen time in the last 15 hours of show? She is lucky to get 10 minutes per episode.

Two days is rather short. I starred in a small commercial a couple years ago, and we had to do at least about ten different takes. It's exhausting and for a thirty second commercial, those ten takes took over two hours to do. Granted, it was my first acting job and I was very inexperienced. But I imagine Dany wouldn't be able to finish her part in just two days, unless she was able to do every scene in just one take.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.
I believe they technically shoot the entire season, for whichever location they are at, and then they are done until they edit them for airing.

macnbc
Dec 13, 2006

brb, time travelin'

Sober posted:

I believe they technically shoot the entire season, for whichever location they are at, and then they are done until they edit them for airing.

You mean they don't just move around shooting everything chronologically and taking a week off in between?

Tell me more. :allears:

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Oh good Alison can walk, I honestly thought she broke something when she fell of the stage

EDIT: Well she broke her arm at least

Double Edit: REHAB :allears:

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

:allears: Allison in rehab :allears:

Oh please, like that's going to kill Helena.

Acquilae fucked around with this message at 02:13 on May 11, 2014

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Art to the rescue

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

N-now Helena, we can talk about this.

Awww sisters! :3:

macnbc
Dec 13, 2006

brb, time travelin'
I nominate "Transgressive lesbian geek spiral bound to end in tears" as the new thread title.

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler

macnbc posted:

I nominate "Transgressive lesbian geek spiral bound to end in tears" as the new thread title.

Or "I don't believe I've ever done 'the nasty'"

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

People walk fast on this show

Jul 3, 2004

careful!
Best episode of the series so far. Holy poo poo.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
I was really wondering who was going to turn out to be the one kicking the poo poo out of Daniel. Did not expect Helena. Holy poo poo, that was some serious slasher movie business there.

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler

eriktown posted:

I was really wondering who was going to turn out to be the one kicking the poo poo out of Daniel. Did not expect Helena. Holy poo poo, that was some serious slasher movie business there.

That shot of her in the ripped up wedding dress, covered in blood and spitting on Daniel, made me get the chills.

Edit: Screen shot of it in this EW article, http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/05/10/orphan-black-graeme-manson-clone-reunion/

tomapot fucked around with this message at 06:34 on May 11, 2014

Steve112sms
Mar 20, 2002

Paregoric babies of the world unite.

eriktown posted:

I pretty much assumed Helena would turn up as soon as Kira mentioned that Sarah had a guardian angel with her. She's always been a bit prescient and I figured she wasn't talking about the origami. Seeing as how Helena was once referred to as an "angry angel," it just seemed to fit.

Tyree
Sep 11, 2003

STRETCH

STRETCH

STRETCH
Helena's theme music will never stop cracking me up.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005

eriktown posted:

Helena running through the show with that dress was total horror movie poo poo. I was scared for Art in the country.

That final scene w/ Sara & Helena is the final proof Patton Oswald needed to point to Tatiana as the greatest living actress. Give her all the loving awards now.

xeria
Jul 26, 2004

Ruh roh...
Tatiana Maslany has quite the possible future as a scream queen because her facial expression as Sarah when Helena rounded the corner was pretty much terrifying.

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

macnbc posted:

I second the motion.

Jesus Christ but that episode was so hosed up. And I was glued to the TV for every single moment, right up until the end.

Loving The Yellow Wallpaper/"female hysteria" reference being made by locking up Alison in rehab. This show is just not going to stop until every means of controlling female agency is deconstructed and then obliterated by an angry clone sisterhood.

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler
That final scene with Helena and Sarah was so loving good, so much tension and such an emotional release. I was afraid they would leave the scene of Helena with the bloody knife as the cliffhanger but they made things infinitely better by showing what you knew would happen. Helena needs some new clean clothes and one of Rachel's immaculate executive outfits should be a laugh to see on her. Bonus points if Sarah and Helena both put on a hat and try to slip out as Rachels.

Maria Doyle Kennedy must have been very happy to see the way the character of Mrs. S developed in season 2. First she gets to be a stone cold badass and now makes out with hot Roger Cross.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

That Hotel must be in the middle of the forest because two seperate bleeding people managed to walk their way there from the middle of nowhere seemingly unnoticed.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Holy poo poo. That last scene was so god drat good. Tatiana Maslany is certainly one of the best actresses I have ever seen.
That was a look of pure terror on Sarahs face! Just imagine that situation. A guy who was about to cut your ear of gets killed before your eyes. And you would actually prefer HIS company. Hellena is absolutely horrifying. But for some reason, she is not quite as creepy as the girl who tried to choke her. "It is making noises." I wonder what the endgame of those farmers is. What will they do with this ovum?

socialsecurity posted:

That Hotel must be in the middle of the forest because two seperate bleeding people managed to walk their way there from the middle of nowhere seemingly unnoticed.
It's New York. Such things happen.
If you are in an upper price class, the servants don't pry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turmoil
Jun 27, 2000

Forum Veteran

Young Urchin
I'm still trying to figure out what dark magic Cal was using to warp space and time so that he was able to get Kira to the new location that seemed to be quite a distance from his cabin and then get back to the perfect location to where he could T-bone that car.

• Locked thread