Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chiwie
Oct 21, 2010

DROP YOUR COAT AND GRAB YOUR TOES, I'LL SHOW YOU WHERE THE WILD GOOSE GOES!!!!
Seconding that ANZAC or Commonwealth motorized is a lot of fun to play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chiwie
Oct 21, 2010

Stevefin posted:

Not really, we just got the Fighting Phantom II (F-4E Phantom II) which for high end air superiority fighter, falls rather short, though I have noticed that it does appear to be deceptively tough some how

Its really only plus side its air detention skills are exceptional and it can stay on the field an extra 5 seconds

It's strange that they didn't get an ASF F/A-18. They where brought to replace the mirages in that role.

On that note the F-4s where pretty much brought as a stop gap for the F-111s, so I have no idea why they have an air to air loadout.

That said, mild quibbles, ANZAC air is the funnest air to use.

Chiwie
Oct 21, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfRqrxGQQg4

Eugene just posted this. Looks pretty amazing.

Chiwie
Oct 21, 2010

Mr Luxury Yacht posted:

At a loss for what the Canada or Aussie ones could be. Not that there isn't a bunch they both need, but there's not much historically

I recall that they where looking at a ANZAC ASF f/a-18, which would be handy given that the F-4a where mainly used as a stop gap bomber till we got the F-111s.

That said, a M1 or some kind of survivable/good AT asset would fill the gaps in the force a hell of a lot better.

Chiwie
Oct 21, 2010

Xerxes17 posted:

-M113/Milan for ANZAC :itwaspoo:

What a loving useless addition that fills none of the obvious gaping holes in that army list.

Chiwie
Oct 21, 2010

Azran posted:

I insist a neutral nation would have been a good idea. Give it crappy European/Russian equipment, and make it play on both sides. You also help matchmaking that way while avoid it being just another NSWP/Bork nation.

This could be awesome if they add Arab-Israelis factions to the game.

Edit: better yet for 10v10 and other less serious games, let people pick whatever nation.

Chiwie
Oct 21, 2010

Mange Mite posted:

If we're talking fantasy mods, I want to see a mod where you play the defense minister of a generic fictional third-world country and you can mix and match monkey model Soviet and NATO kit. Let me recreate the various Arab/Israeli and Arab/Persian wars.

Take all my money. It would be like tropico but better.

Chiwie
Oct 21, 2010

Mr Luxury Yacht posted:

See, this is why I miss the Cat C bonuses from ALB, because there was nothing a horde of Mig-17s wouldn't solve.

Helicopter? Mig 17. Tanks? Two Mig-17s.

SAMs? Three Mig-17s from different angles. They can't shoot them all down...

You just can't get enough anymore.

Zapp Brannigan's East German Air Force was the best way to play REDFOR on ALB.

Chiwie
Oct 21, 2010

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO posted:

ANZAC motorized can make a lot of things happen. Really! Try it on Wonsan Harbor for easy mode and enjoy your Bottomless Digger 90s. It's like having all the mozzarella sticks you could eat.

Also has anyone else tried just spawn rushing on Plunjing Valley? People really don't expect it and are always rushing infantry off to the flanks. Its a good way to keep people honest.

ANZACS motorised is legit fun to play.

Chiwie
Oct 21, 2010

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO posted:

ANZAC moto is a huge fun on city maps or maps with lots of cover and rivers. UK armor is funny for pure Challenger spam. Canadian airborne is a laff and a half.

ANZAC moto is really fun to play. Having so many iron bombers and elite fast troops coming out of your ears is great fun.

Chiwie
Oct 21, 2010

Mange Mite posted:

Yessss

Or let me play out Iran / Iraq. Or Angolan civil war. Or Ethiopia. Or hell go fictional so I can play desert Tropico with tanks.

Honestly, going up into the 90s is sort of not fun since every game is pretty much a handful of superunits. Are Cat B or C games more interesting or am I just imagining this?

A Wargame: Tropico is pretty much my dream game.

Chiwie
Oct 21, 2010

Tropico cross wargame cross CK2 would loving rule.

Chiwie
Oct 21, 2010

I was hoping for wargame: tropico. Still not going to say no to free DLC

Chiwie
Oct 21, 2010

http://aoa.eugensystems.com/announcing-nation-pack-the-netherlands-for-wargame-red-dragon/

Looks like there might be more 'nation packs' on the way.

Chiwie
Oct 21, 2010

http://www.eugensystems.com/wargame-red-dragon-nation-pack-2/

quote:

The success of this DLC will allow us to continue supporting the game. We already published a first patch a couple of days ago, and we’re developing more content that will be available as two new DLCs:

The first one will be massive 10v10 map, and as a token of our gratitude, it will be completely free
The second one will be the Nation Pack #2, adding one new nation to the game

quote:

Austria (Blue)
Bulgaria (Red)
Egypt (Red)
Finland (Red)
Greece (Blue)
India (Red)
Irak (Blue)
Iran (Red)
Israel (Blue)
Italy (Blue)
Romania (Red)
South Africa (Blue)
Spain (Blue)
Turkey (Blue)
Taiwan (Blue)
Vietnam (Red)
Yugoslavia (Red)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chiwie
Oct 21, 2010

http://www.eugensystems.com/the-votes-are-in-and-the-next-wargame-red-dragon-nation-pack-is/

So Israel is in. Could be cool. Yugoslavia and Finland later in the year.

• Locked thread