Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Something Else
Dec 27, 2004

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
The Floating City of Aqualantis...

A city of dreams. Founded by famed inventor and trade mogul J.R. Warwick Froedricksson, Aqualantis was meant to be a new world - a place not already under claim by an empire, where Warwick's experimental science could evolve unfettered, and people of means from the world over could come to congregate and party. But Warwick was a magnanimous man - he also invited the poorest of the land to live in his paradise, enjoying the boons of his miraculous inventions, at the cost of working the necessary, menial jobs, and serving as guinea pigs for his grand designs.

Warwick had set up magical beacons that would direct ships safely to his seabound city, but a day or so ago, the beacons went dark. Ships that were following them at the time came back with tales of huge, crashing waves, and floating debris everywhere. Aqualantis has SUNK. You have all been contracted by Lord Gobshire to dive down there and figure out if there's anything worth salvaging.

Half a dozen distinct zones. Warring factions. Religion. Science. Businessmen. Mercenaries. Monsters. Who sank Aqualantis and why? Is anyone still alive down there? Can they be saved? Play to find out in... UNDERWATER WORLD.

REPLACEMENT PLAYER? APP WITH THE FOLLOWING:
- Level 2 character sheet
- Background & any relations to current characters
- How, why, and when your character arrived in Aqualantis - what do you seek here?

I am looking for 2-3 new players! As original appers, Druggeddwarf and piL can have first dibs if they want.

THE TEAM AT PRESENT:
- Ramona de Sahagún the Fighter
- Dr. Galen von Zieglas the Medic
- Gurgle the Alchemist
- Bishop the Technician
- Idris Surfside the Ranger
- Cyrus the City Thief

THE STORY SO FAR:
The team was assembled on the creaking Crystal Bay docks, contracted to rescue survivors from the floating city of Aqualantis, now sunk for a fortnight. When they arrived, the were attacked outside the city by a madman by the name of Captain Murgo and his accomplice Quartz. After they fled, the team commandeered their submarine and employed it to ferry survivors to the surface. Starting in the slums, they began evacuating survivors and looking for clues toward their personal objectives. Following a lead into an unstable apartment tower, Ramona, Bishop, and Cyrus tussled with gangs and sinister-seeming halflings until the building collapsed - meanwhile, Dr. Galen and Gurgle went looking for medical supplies and fought some mutant bugs!

Something Else fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Nov 18, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flame112
Apr 21, 2011
This is cool. Makes me think of Bioshock with even more mad science.

City thief application coming soon.

Cyrus, the Icthyian Thief

Cyrus was once an ordinary human child, an orphan in the slums of Aqualantis, along with his sister Dalia. One day, Cyrus was kidnapped and taken to a mysterious lab, where he was the subject of cruel magical and genetic experiments. His captors, over several years, managed to transform him into a strange fish/human hybrid. Cyrus only managed to escape due to a careless researcher leaving the top off of his tank. Cyrus leapt out and stabbed the researcher with a fishbone from dinner, then disguised himself and slipped out of the labs. Knowing that he would be found if he remained on Aqualantis, Cyrus stopped only to leave a note telling Dalia that he was still alive, and that he had to flee the city. After that, Cyrus simply jumped off the side of the city and began swimming to the mainland, never once stopping for air.

Cyrus finally stopped swimming after reaching the city of Crystal Bay. He tried to make a life for himself, but with his freakish appearance, Cyrus could only find work with a local criminal organization. Fortunately, his unique physiology left him well suited for crime in the city by the bay. He was able to easily escape from any confrontations with guards by simply jumping into the water and swimming away, as well as ambush any boats belonging to rival organizations. Cyrus uses an air-powered harpoon gun, a ranged weapon equally useful both above and underwater.

When word of Aqualantis's fate reaches the mainland, a rescue mission is immediately proposed. Cyrus has several reasons for joining this dangerous mission. First, with his unique physiology and prior knowledge of the city, Cyrus would be an enormous asset to the rescue mission. Second, it's an opportunity for Cyrus to secretly recover any valuable devices from the sunken city for his organization. It's rumored that Aqualantean scientists were working on some kind of strange device capable of instantly transporting objects and people across the world. Such a device would, of course, be insanely valuable, and his superiors want their hands on it. Third, and most importantly to Cyrus, he wants to make sure that his sister Dalia is alive and unharmed.

Since I couldn't really fit this in anywhere else:
It's rumored that, years ago, Warwick fathered a bastard. Warwick denies the existence of this person to this day, but if he really does exist, he would undoubtedly have a hell of a grudge at being cut out of any potential inheritance.

quote:

Cyrus, the Icthyian Thief

Look:

Bulging Eyes
Hooded Head
Common Clothing
Small Body

Strength: 13(+1) Intelligence: 12(0)
Dexterity: 16(+2) Wisdom: 16(+2)
Constitution: 9(0) Charisma: 8(-1)

Damage: d8 Armor: 1 HP: 17

Drive: Blend In
Avoid detection or infiltrate a location.

Background: Fishy Character
When an NPC tries to figure out your motives, you can tell them whatever you want—they'll believe you unless they have good reason to believe otherwise.

Bonds:
I stole some of Galen's old research journals.
Idris and I have shared a few drinks. He has my back when things go wrong.
Bishop knows incriminating information about me.
Ramona and I have a con running.

Starting Moves
You start with these moves:

Lurker
When you stand in shadows or darkness without talking or moving, NPCs will never see you as long as they haven’t already spotted you. If you’re more than a few feet away from them, they won’t see you even if you move or attack, and even if they know you’re there.

Pounce
When you attack a surprised or defenseless enemy with a melee weapon, you can choose to deal your damage or roll+Dex. On a 10+, choose two. On a 7-9, choose one:
• You don't get into melee with them
• You deal your damage +1d6
• You create an advantage: +1 forward to you or an ally acting on it
• You reduce their armor by 1 until they repair it

Hard to Catch
When you spend a moment to survey a dangerous area, roll+Dex. On a 10+, hold 3. On a 7-9, hold 1. Spend your hold as you walk through the area to ask these questions:
• Is there a trap here and if so, what activates it?
• What does the trap do when activated?
• How can I use this trap to my advantage?
• Who set this trap?
• What else is hidden here?

Fish Fingers
When you pick locks or pockets or disable traps, roll+Dex. On a 10+, you do it, no problem.
On a 7-9, you still do it, but the GM will offer you two options between suspicion, danger or cost.

Advanced Moves:

Deep Dweller's Eyes
Your vision is augmented. You can see without difficulty in total darkness or at
a great distance.

Gear:
10 coins
Leather armor (worn, 1 armor, 1 weight)
Flashbombs (3 uses, 1 weight)
Sharpened Fishbone (close, precise, 1 weight)
Harpoon Gun (near, 1 weight)
Quiver of...Harpoons (3 ammo, 1 weight)
Adventuring Gear (5 uses, 1 weight)
6/10 Load

City Thief playbook for reference.

Flame112 fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Apr 30, 2014

Alumnus Post
Dec 29, 2009

They are weird and troubling. We owe it to our neighbors to kill them.
Pillbug
You know I'm in on this. Details to come.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?
Let me see if I can think of something fun.

I have a water monk coming.

goodness fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Apr 19, 2014

Saith
Oct 10, 2010

Asahina...
Regular Penguins look just the same!
Oh man, I've wanted to do a water-based game since a buddy showed me cerulean seas. I'm thinking some sort of druid.

Suran37
Feb 28, 2009
Sounds very Bioshockish. I'll post my character later!

Bishop, Android Technician

Bishop once belonged to a lonesome old human by the name of Leodan Milner. For many years Bishop assisted him in his workshop by taking care of the work that had become to demanding for Leodan. Facilitating the occasional communication between foreign species, getting tools from the top shelf, and traveling great distances to purchase rare materials are just some of the highlights of Bishop's helpful duties. However, Bishop had always enjoyed the travel the most. He always got to hear exciting rumors and had been able to focus his mechanical lenses on some of the most beautiful sights in the world.

After being sent to the city of Mont Giseke to collect precious metals Bishop returned to Leodan's Workshop. However, Leodan was nowhere to be found at the shop so Bishop walked to his house a few minutes away. On his way there he was stopped by a group of human law enforcers who informed him that Leodan passed away in his sleep two days ago. They also informed him that since Leodan had no descendants he was now free to be autonomous and take over the workshop if he pleased.

Bishop had other plans though, he wanted to travel, learn, and go on adventures! So, for the last year he has been traveling the lands near and far in search of knowledge. He has taken what he has learned so far and made various modifications to his frame allowing him to implant useful machines into himself. Recently, he heard the tragic news about Aqualantis and by extension one of his heroes, J.R. Warwick Froedricksson. However, nobody knew to much about the situation, so it seems he has finally found the adventure he was looking for!

* You've all been hired onto the same dangerous job - why did you agree to take it?
As an aspiring inventor myself, I hold a huge amount of respect for J.R. Warwick Froedricksson. When I heard the news that the City of Aqualantis had sunk I desperately searched for information on the state of Mr. Froedricksson, but was unable to find anyone who had heard anything. In fact it seemed that almost nothing was known about the events. So, I have decided to join a salvage team in an attempt to discover what really happened to Aqualantis.

* You know someone who was on Aqualantis when it sank - who are they?
If anyone is my hero it's Mr. Froedricksson. Perhaps the most famous inventor and businessman of our time. There are countless machines, gizmos, and gadgets I could learn to build from him. If I help find out what happened in Aqualantis or what happened to him, maybe I can learn a few things along the way.

* You've heard of one of Warwick's miraculous inventions - what is it?
Rumor has it he has been working on a peculiar new device modification. It is a compact propulsion system that allows small offensive-capable machines to deliver a light explosive charge a short to medium distance before the charge explodes. Effective at dealing with multiple enemies that are grouped up. The last I heard the device was still in a testing phase because the modification draws more power and as a result it is more likely to fully drain the power of such small devices.

* Many powerful land-dwellers would cheer Aqualantis' fall - describe one.
Drake Shadian, a sinister character and fierce competitor with Mr. Froedricksson. After many years of failed attempts at creating amazing new devices, Drake plotted several attempts to steal new inventions from Warwick to claim as his own. However, despite the fact he has yet to be successful he always manages to escape uncaught. I wonder if he was somehow involved?

quote:

Bishop, Android Technician

Look:
Mechanical Lenses
Sleek Metal Hair
Technical Uniform
Robotic Body

Stats:
Int: 16(+2)
Wis: 16(+2)
Str: 13(+1)
Con: 13(+1)
Dex: 9(0)
Cha: 8(-1)

Damage: d6
HP : 20
Armour: 1

Alignment: Lawful
Use machines to punish criminals or other socially disruptive elements.

Race: Android
Your machines are all implanted, part of your body. Collectively, they count as 0 weight and cannot be removed without causing you harm.

Starting Moves:
Command of Robots (INT): When you use your machines to communicate with other machines, roll+INT.
• On a 10+, you can issue a single command to the machine or robot that it must obey.
• On a 7-9, you can parley with the machine or robot by offering it data, power, or proper usage — no matter what level of intelligence it possesses.

Operate Machines (INT): When you run a prepared operation on one of your machines, roll+INT.
• On a 10+, the operation runs smoothly, and may be run again.
• On a 7-9, the operation runs, but choose one:
---- After you run it, your machine is drained of power. You cannot run this operation again until you do technical prep work.
---- The operation scrambles your machines—take -1 ongoing to operate machines until the next time you do technical prep work.
---- You draw unwelcome attention or put yourself in a spot. The GM will tell you how.
If you are already running operations with ongoing effects, you take -1 to operate machines for each ongoing operation.

Technical Manual: You have possession of a sacred technical manual which explains the use and modification of your machines, allowing you to master them. You start with mastery of three first level operations of your choice and all three automatic operations. Whenever you gain a level, you gain mastery of a new operation of your level or lower.

Technical Prep Work: When you spend uninterrupted time (an hour or so) working on your machines, you:
---- Lose any operations you already have prepared.
---- Prepare all of your automatic operations, which never count against your limit.
---- Prepare new operations of your choice from those you have mastered whose total levels don’t exceed your own level + 1.
For each operation you prepare, you must carry one machine to operate it (1 weight each). When you prepare operations, you build or repurpose your machines so you have exactly enough. If someone else operates one of your machines, they can only run the operation once and must defy danger to do so correctly.

Workshop: When you spend time in a technical workshop, you can prepare any operation that you have not mastered. This takes a minimum number of days equal to the operation’s level and if your level is lower than the level of the operation, the GM chooses another requirement:
---- It costs 1,000 coins per level in supplies.
---- It takes twice the minimum amount of time.
---- The project draws unwanted attention.
---- You need several assistants to help you.
---- You need to take something apart first (the GM will tell you what).
---- You need to test it out first.
If you complete this requirement, roll+WIS. •On a 10+, the GM chooses one additional requirement. •On a 7-9, the GM chooses two additional requirements. If you meet these requirements, the operation is prepared as usual. If you don’t, your machine runs out of control.

Advanced Moves:
Electromagnetic Detection: When you wave your instruments around, roll+INT.
• On a 10+, you know if there are any machines in sight or hidden nearby, and where they are.
• On a 7-9, you can detect the presence of machines and their general direction, but not pinpoint their numbers or location exactly.

Technical Catalog
When you spout lore about machines, robots, or other technological wonders, take +1.

Operations:

Automatic:
Light (Ongoing): One of your machines emits light, of whatever colour you desire. It gives off no heat or sound. This operation lasts as long as the machine is in your presence or as long as the person you give it to holds it and you do not suffer a penalty to operate machines.

Purify Matter: Your machine purifies any food, water, or other matter with nutrients you put in or on it, so that they can be consumed by human beings.

Tractor Beam (Ongoing): Your machine attracts or repels small objects — just about anything you can pick up, but nothing as heavy as a person. You can pull an object that you can see toward you, or push it away from you.

1st Level Operations:
First Aid: Your machine binds wounds and relieves pain. Heal an ally it touches of 1d8 damage.

Control Sound (Ongoing): When you run this operation, you can create silence around your machine, create noises, and even record sounds, which are then permanently stored in your machines so you can play them back again at any later time. If you have any other machines with operations prepared, you can use them to speak through this one, wherever it is.

Laser Beam: Your machine projects a beam of energy (near, far, +1 damage for each level you have) at one target of your choosing.

Universal Translator (Ongoing): While your machine translates, you can communicate with any other living creature in your presence. You can only communicate in one “language” at a time, but you can switch back and forth between communication modes.

Security: Walk a perimeter or indicate a room as you run this operation. Until you prepare your operations again or cancel this operation, your machine is alerted whenever anyone breaches this perimeter or enters this room. At your option, an alarm rings out within the room or perimeter.

Gear:
Load : 7 / 15
Toolkit : (1 weight)
Workshop : (4 weight)
Utility Suit : (1 armour, 1 weight)
Grinder Saw : (close, 1 weight)

Bonds:
Muggins is distrustful of machines. I will prove their value.
Mr. Atlantic is proof that great things can be achieved without machines. I must match those achievements with my own.
Ramona knows where something amazing is hidden. They must show me!
I must protect Gurgle so they can help me with my work. They understand it.

Please let me know if I have made any mistakes, this is my first DW character!

Suran37 fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Jan 11, 2015

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
we gon' send 'em to Heaven
I'll have a sheet up in a bit. This looks like it'll be fun.

Doctor Galen Von Zieglas

out of mask

"Patient 0283; Cachexia in part to microsporidiosis. Inoculation A administered to abdomen."

"Patient 0746; Abnormal photosensitivity. Concentrated light effects skin. Dermatomyositis? Atrophied tissues not substantial enough to warrant Inoculation A. Type 2 Oral Vaccine administered."

Galen exits from his infirm with an armful of notes. He removes his Plague Mask revealing a disfigured face. He was his own best subject, but his constant altering and experimentation has left him less than human.

Ambitious and hopeful to master his self-inflicted conditions, he works tirelessly, meticulously studying the creatures of the world.

Most recently, a strange water born infection had piqued his curiosity and he had been conducting various experiments to isolate the pathogen and manufacture a cure before the overlooked infection turned into an outbreak.

When word of Aqualantis sinking spread throughout the kingdom Galen saw a prime opportunity to acquire research, samples and the means to fund his research.
pre:
Lvl. 2 Medic
NAME: Galen Von Zieglas
LOOK: Piercing Eyes, Well-Groomed Hair
      Plague Mask, Morbid Demeanor

RACE: Genetically Altered Human

Damage: d4
Armor:  
HP:  18/18      

STR:  9(--)  INT: 16(+2)
DEX: 13(+1)  WIS: 15(+1)
CON: 12(--)  CHA:  9(--)

ALIGNMENT: Lawful
Discover and neutralize a pathological
threat to public health.

MEDICAL PRACTICE: Mark of Healing
Once per day, you may instantly and
magically heal 5 HP of any living creature 
within Far range.

BONDS:
Patient Idris is suffering from a serious
chronic condition, but doesn't know it yet.

Patient Gurgle has proven an able assistant;
I will teach them what I know about medicine.

Patient Cyrus is not nearly as sick as they
think they are.

STARTING MOVES:
First Aid(INT)
When you take a moment to see to someone's
physical wounds, roll +INT. On a 10+ the
patient may hold 3, on a 7-9 hold 1. The
patient may spend hold to:
   > Recover d8 HP(1 hold)
   > Be cured of one known poison or disease
     (2 hold)
   > Remove one debility(3 hold)

General Practitioner
You always count as a healer for the Recover
move, even for yourself, and you take +1 to
Spout Lore when diagnosing diseases.

Not On My Watch!
When a nearby ally with whom you share a bond
takes his/her Last Breath and you are are able to
administer emergency medical attention, they
can re-roll one d6 and must use the new total.

Living Anatomy
When you successfully Spout Lore about the
anatomy of a specific living creature, your
damage becomes d10 when using that information
against it.

Advanced Moves:
General Anaesthesia
Oil of Tagit loses the dangerous tag in your
hands. When you have time to gather materials 
and a safe place to brew, gain 3-doses of Oil
of Tagit and a syringe(Hand, no damage, 0 Wt).
When you would normally deal damage with a 
syringe, instead apply one dose of any Applied
poison or potion you possess.

Gear:
  • Scalpel(hand, precise, 1 Wt.)
  • Adventuring Gear(5 uses, 1 Wt.)
  • 3 Antitoxins

quote:

You've all been hired onto the same dangerous job - why did you agree to take it?

"The research opportunity of course. The dangers to be had at the bottom of the ocean will pale in comparison to the nondiscriminatory carnage wrought by disease! There is work to be done."

You know someone who was on Aqualantis when it sank - who are they?

"My esteemed colleague, Xander Werther. An arcane scholar who studied medicine back with me in the high city of Olerill. His applications of magic in regards to the anatomy of creatures is astounding. Coupled with my science, in the past we've been able to do great works. It disheartens me that he may be dead, but yet still... there is a greater calling at hand!"

You've heard of one of Warwick's miraculous inventions - what is it?

The original Aquatic Respirators Warwick invented were ingenious. Using an infusion of genetic materials derived from mollusks and a base genetic applicator triggered by magic, the device enabled creatures not suited for aquatic life capable of breathing underwater through an artificial gill system.

However... adverse side effects and uncomfortable installation of the mask and respiration tube quickly made them obsolete.

Many powerful land-dwellers would cheer Aqualantis' fall - describe one.

Karthas Murgo, a magistrate with more concern for power and coin than the well being of his constituents detested Aqualantis from its inception. One, it severely cut trade from his territories and two, a large number of his poorly represented people left at the first opportunity to head to the floating city.

---

Why Galen can function underwater:
Racial Passive: Unnatural Anatomy
Galen has modified himself over the years through various means. Gland stimulants, genetic reconfiguration, organ transplants. Worsts of all, he has done this in secret as to not lose clout in the scientific community. Although he considers his experimentation a success, it has taken a toll on his body rendering him less-than-human.

He has to periodically administer injections to keep his body from rejecting the extra parts he has equipped himself with, but the benefits far outweigh the limitations(or so he feels).

Adapting cellular structures found in cetaceous creatures his body responds to changes in pressure by severely diminishing or even obliterating airspace within his cavities by means of strengthened venous plexuses that engorge or thin as environment demands. Additionally, he is able to regulate the gas exchange in his body and increase the myoglobin concentrations in his blood and muscle tissues to avoid barotrauma using derivatives of organs from larger water-dwelling mammals. Lastly, while he may not be able to breathe indefinitely underwater, a more semi-permanent version of Warwick's aquatic respirator has given the good doctor's lungs a coating of hydrophobic setae that only allow oxygen and required moisture to pass through the cell membrane.

Idle Amalgam fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Apr 29, 2014

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender
I've never played Dungeon World before, but I've been meaning to get into a game of it. Underwater especially fun. I've been jonsing to play something fairy like, and madadric's fae seems compelling, if that's alright. Plucky sidekick is the angle I'm going for.

I'll finish the app tomorrow, as I'm about to head out, but just wanted to make my interest known.

Intriducing Cific, the sea sprite

Cific's early life took place in the land of the Fae, where he participated in the Seelie courts as a servant of a Naiad. There he learned his people's ways, his form and mind shaped by the tales and emotions captured. Physically and mentally, he came to embody loyalty without obedience, a free-moving, free-thinking mischievous servant.

As he "matured", his curiosity grew. When tasked to leave the realm of the fae, he would spend time exploring the world, trying to see new sights and learn new things. He ranged the uninhabited offshore island, learning everything he could from the flora and fauna there.

One day, while ordered to collect a tax of stories and riddles from the island orchids, he was told of strange new creatures along the shore, who traveled in a house built from the corpses of dead trees, hiding from other creatures like themselves. Quickly he convinced himself that it was his duty to investigate. It was then, while availing himself of the liquors they had brought along with them, the pirates trapped him in a bottle.

From a prison of glass, he spent the next few years studying the various humans that trafficked him. The pirate captain sold him to a smuggler as booty. The smuggler lost him to a gambler. The gambler traded him for opiates. The dealer traded him for protection to a local crime syndicate. The crime syndicate awarded him to a prominent thief. The thief gave him as a thank you to an innkeeper that saved his life. He lived for two years prominently displayed on mantle above a hearth until he was purchased by a researcher. And it was from that researcher that he was saved by _______________, who liberated him (by buying, stealing, winning or even just accidentally freeing him)

With absolutely no sense of geography, Cific is left rather aimless. So he follows his liberator, collecting stories from orchids when he can, hoping to one day stumble home.

You've all been hired onto the same dangerous job - why did you agree to take it? Cific was mainly following ______ around, who has hopefully realized that he can probably claim two shares of the reward money instead of one.

You know someone who was on Aqualantis when it sank - who are they? Aqualantis's status as neutral territory is highly advantageous to the various privateers that roam the sea, including notorious Captain Righteous. Captain Righteous (not his real name) is an influential, charismatic ne'er-do-well who motivates his men under a sea-going robin-hood veneer, and is also the first human Cific ever met. Since Cific had no concept of his imprisonment, he doesn't really have any ill-will towards the pirate captain, but Captain Rightous probably wouldn't know that.

You've heard of one of Warwick's miraculous inventions - what is it? The fish tell of a massive moving house made not of the corpses of trees, but the innards of mountains. It moves not on the surface, but beneath the sea, and while shaped like a giant fish it does not speak.

Commodore Reginald of the Free Seavanya Flotilla began his floating city project ten years before Warwick Froedricksson's who totally ripped him off, that jerk face. To add insult-to-injury, Reginald's floating city project barely functions as a network of lashed together ships filled with smugglers. Free Seavanya Flotilla hemorrhages coin, while Warwick's city actually flourished--how unfair!

quote:

Cific, the Sea Sprite
Level 2 Fae
Look
Sparkling Eyes, Luxurious Hair and Insect Antennae

Stats
Strength 9 (+0) Intelligence 8 (-1)
Dexterity 15 (+1) Wisdom 13 (+1)
Constitution 12(+0) Charisma 17 (+2)

Damage: d4 Armor: 1 HP: 16

Drive: Curiosity
Find fasination and imaginative, incorrect use in a mundane mortal item.

Seelie Court: Fairy
You are small, have beautiful wings, and can fly. In addition, take Little Folk as one of your chosen weaknesses.

Bonds:
________ is a cheater! I wont trust them!
________ has shared something special with me.
I know what tempts ________.
________ has experience with Our ways, but they are not yet wise.

Weaknesses:

Little Folk - You find danger where others do not because of your small size.
Name-Bound - Your True Name is Enettil. You must obey one order of any that know your true name, then you are free.
Oath-Bound - You must keep any oath, deal, pact, or agreement you make.
Mischievous - You cannot resist playing pranks on or taunting figures of authority.

Starting Moves
Fae Nature: As a Fae, there are strange laws, customs, and weaknesses you must attend. When you create your character, choose 3 weaknesses. These are the Fae weaknesses that are specific to you. When you encounter a situation that affects one of your weaknesses, either through the natural course of play or as a result of a GM move, you immediately gain 1 Boon.

Name-Bound
Oath-Bound
Mischievous

Curse
When you curse a person, creature, place, or object, say the curse out loud, spend 1 Boon and roll +WIS.
*On a hit, the curse changes their form, puts them into a supernatural slumber, or strikes them mute.
*On a 10+, choose 2.
*On 7-9, choose 1.
*On a miss, choose 1, and those affected know who did the cursing.

-- The curse only affects that which you want it to.
-- You choose how long it lasts: (3 days and 3 nights, until the next full moon, a year and a day)
-- You choose how it can be broken: True Love's Kiss, a heartfelt apology, a pure tear of sorrow

Sly Words
When you mislead and confuse others with technically true words, roll +CHA.
*On a 10+, they will make the assumption you were implying.
*On a 7-9, they will make an assumption, but not the one you were hoping for.

Glamour
When you use your illusion magic to trick, entice, or confuse others, describe it and roll +CHA.
*On a 10+ they fall for your glamour.
*On a 7-9, they're mostly convinced, but demand some kind of proof.
*On a miss, your illusion shatters to reveal the naked truth.

Fae Tongue
You can communicate with other Fae, spirits, and wild, living things like forest animals and plants. You cannot understand domesticated animals or plant.

Death Move
Perfect Wish: In your final moments, all the goodwill and friendship you have enjoyed in your life manifest in one perfect wish for one person you name. When you die, namme one person that you grant a perfect wish to. Their wish, no matter what it is, will come true and at its core effects will turn out as the wisher intends, though there may be longer reaching consequences out of their control.

Advanced Moves
Tricks and Pranks: When you play a simple trick or prank on someone or something, roll +CHA. On a 10+, choose 2. On a 7-9, choose 1.
--They trip, stumble, or bump into something.
--They look like a fool.
--They don't know you did it.
--You got something that was in their possession.

Gear
Dungeon Rations (5 uses, 1 weight)
Shadow Cloak (+1 Armor, 1 Weight)
Bone Dagger (Hand, 1 Weight)
Faerie Brew (1 use, 1 weight) The target gains 1D10 HP, but laughs for 10 minutes straight.
Load:4/7

Aquatic Adaptations:

http://www.cals.ncsu.edu/course/ent425/tutorial/aquatic.html posted:

Some aquatic insects (diving beetles, for example) carry a bubble of air with them whenever they dive beneath the water surface. This bubble may be held under the elytra (wing covers) or it may be trapped against the body by specialized hairs. The bubble usually covers one or more spiracles so the insect can "breathe" air from the bubble while submerged.

An air bubble provides an insect with only a short-term supply of oxygen, but thanks to its unique physical properties, a bubble will also "collect" some of the oxygen molecules dissolved in the surrounding water. In effect, the bubble acts as a "physical gill" -- replenishing its supply of oxygen through the physics of passive diffusion. The larger the surface area of the bubble, the more efficiently this system works. An insect can remain under water as long as the volume of oxygen diffusing into the bubble is greater than or equal to the volume of oxygen consumed by the insect. Unfortunately, the size of the bubble shrinks over time as nitrogen slowly diffuses out into the water. When the bubble's surface area decreases, its rate of gas exchange also decreases. Eventually, the bubble becomes too small to keep up with metabolic demands and the insect must renew the entire bubble by returning to the water's surface.

As a sea-sprite, Cific has some aquatic adaptation, including spiracles on his insect-like hips and legs, as well as the roots of his wings that trap air bubbles against his skin. This, combined with high levels of hemoglobin allow him to store oxygen even longer. Periodically (once every couple of days) taking a break in a bottle of air or a place where air's been trapped in the city will permit him to recharge these oxygen stores.

piL fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Apr 21, 2014

Captain_Indigo
Jul 29, 2007

"That’s cheating! You know the rules: once you sacrifice something here, you don’t get it back!"

The Spineback Monks of The Crescent Isles were once an extremely disciplined and focused set. The naga were unlike their serpentine cousins to the North, for they had legs rather than a snake's tail, and they were unlike their cousins to the South, for they had no gills and could not breath water. Their unique physiology left them capable on land and sea in equal measures, and they spent equal time training within the swirling depths and the rocky peaks of the islands.

Then traders came, and with them they bought ideas. Monks on the mainland, they told them, observed many jobs. They not only trained their bodies to attain focus - they also learned to read and write, they kept bees and manufactured honey, they took vows of silence, they herded cattle and made cheese, they manufactured beer and wine. The naga never took to writing well, and the sea air was not good for bees. Vows of silence were quickly thrown aside, and cattle that could not swim were useless to them. Wine was sour and unpleasant on their tongues. But they loved beer. Ever since, each generation of monks has a cabal of Brewmasters - those responsible for the cultivation and manufacture of their own brand of thick, almost black beer. They carry them in huge wooden kegs atop their backs and achieve divine guidance through the perfection of their methods, and their appreciation of the holy drink.

Idris Surfstride is a mediocre warrior, but an excellent brewmaster. In fact, he exels at almost all of the non-martial art areas of the order. His ability to bond with animals is legendary, as can be seen by Vista - the giant crab that follows him around as loyally as any man's hound. He is talented with a bow and arrow, firing shots off as easily beneath the surface as above it. Unlike the vast majority of his order he can read and write, and also speaks several languages (though with a thick accent). The product he brews is thick, creamy, soft and alcoholic to the perfect degree. His broad shoulders make carrying the barrel atop his back easy on land, and his long tail makes it easy to swim with it attached.

You've all been hired onto the same dangerous job - why did you agree to take it?

When the island of Aqualantis sank, Idris was one of the first people to know. One of the ships to find it missing sent forth multiple mail-gulls to the nearest harbors, and one happened to make its way to the monastery on The Crescent Isles. Writing further copies and sending them forth, Idris was a minor, but instrumental part of the chain that led towards the journey to investigate. The naga monks believe that there are no accidents or mistakes, and when he was offered the position of scout/local guide on the expedition, he took it as a sign from the universe that he was to be involved.

You know someone who was on Aqualantis when it sank - who are they?

There is another reason, however, a coincidence he has not shared with the rest of the crew. His mentor and predecesor - Tyranis Deepjaw had been living on Aqualantis when last Idris heard from him. He had been invited there by Warwick to aid in the construction of the world's first industrial brewery.

You've heard of one of Warwick's miraculous inventions - what is it?

What little, Tyranis told of him of the industrial brewery made almost no sense to Idris. It seemed to revolve around pressured tubes and intense temperatures, but Tyranis believed that the machines would be capable of manafacturing HUGE quantities of beer in far smaller times than the traditional methods.

Rumors were beginning to spread that Warwick was not the harmless philanthropist he wished to portray himself as. Some claimed that his inventions included huge weapons of war and that it was only a matter of time before him and his islanders stormed the mainland with technologically advanced warfare. The Lord of The Blacklands was particularly outspoken regarding this, and there is no doubt in Idris's mind that the Lord will be pleased at the island disappearance.

pre:
Lvl. 2 Ranger
NAME: Idris Surfstride

LOOK: Narrow Eyes, Blue-Green Scales
      Sparse Clothing, Long Tail Threaded Through Holy Bells

RACE: Naga 

Damage: D8
Armor: 1 
HP:  17/17      

STR: 13(+1)  INT: 13(+1)
DEX: 16(+2)  WIS: 15(+1)
CON: 09(--)  CHA: 08(-1)

ALIGNMENT: Neutral
Help an animal or spirit of the wild.

RACE: Naga
Your amphibious nature makes you as fast and capable on land as you are in water.

BONDS:

STARTING MOVES:
Hunt And Track (Wis)
When you follow a trail of clues left behind by passing creatures, roll+WIS. 
✴On a 7+, you follow the creature’s trail until there’s a significant change in its direction or mode of travel. 
✴On a 10+, you also choose 1:
•Gain a useful bit of information about your quarry, the GM will tell you what
•Determine what caused the trail to end

Called Shot
When you attack a defenseless or surprised enemy at range, you can choose to deal your damage
or name your target and roll+DEX.
•Head ✴10+: As 7–9, plus your damage ✴7-9: They do nothing but stand and drool
for a few moments.
•Arms ✴10+: As 7-9, plus your damage ✴7-9: They drop anything they’re holding.
•Legs ✴10+: As 7-9, plus your damage ✴7-9: They’re hobbled and slow moving.

Vista
Crimson Shied Crab
Choose a base:
•Ferocity +2, Cunning +1, 1 Armor, Instinct +1
She is: Fast, Burly 
She can: Fight humanoids, Guard
She is: Forgetful

Command
When you work with your animal companion on something it’s trained in…
•…and you attack the same target, add its ferocity to your damage
•…and you track, add its cunning to your roll
•…and you take damage, add its armor to your armor
•…and you discern realities, add its cunning to your roll
•…and you parley, add its cunning to your roll
•…and someone interferes with you, add its instinct to their roll

Advanced Move
Familiar Prey
When you spout lore about a monster you use WIS instead of INT.

Gear:
(7/12)
Dungeon rations (5 uses, 1 weight)
Leather armor (1 armor, 1 weight)
A bundle of arrows (6 ammo, 2 weight). 
Hunter’s bow (near, far, 1 weight) 
Spear (reach, 1 weight)
Adventuring gear (1 weight)

Bonds:
I have guided Ramona before and they owe me for it.
Cyrus is a friend of nature, so I will be their friend as well.
Doctor Galen no respect for nature, so I have no respect for them.
Bishop does not understand life in the wild, so I will teach them

Captain_Indigo fucked around with this message at 07:26 on Apr 29, 2014

The Supreme Court
Feb 25, 2010

Pirate World: Nearly done!
Sounds ace. I'll put an app in in a couple of days when I have time!

Alumnus Post
Dec 29, 2009

Pillbug
This is a heavily modified version of Bigup DJ's Alchemist playbook, which itself was a modification of Pirate World's Alchemist playbook.

E: Revised the starting moves as per some suggestions on IRC.
2E: Further revisions and updates per another round of IRC theorycrafting.

* You've all been hired onto the same dangerous job - why did you agree to take it?
The path of a master alchemist is barred to me. My attitude isn’t what anyone would consider...traditional, and the alchemist’s art is considered a sacred calling, offered only to a chosen few. The old masters value their secrets too highly to pass them on to someone so uninterested in all their religious dressup. Their loss. I’ll just have to figure them out myself. More, the deep ocean is much different from the shallow marshes and lakes I knew before. There must be endless opportunities down there for a researcher. And what I find, everybody can know.

Master Isha hasn’t been seen for months since his retreat - or exile - to Aqualantis. He sought refuge from persecution - his areas of research are questionable at best, and they rarely sit well with landlubbers. Aqualantis was the only place left that might take him in. Despite the bad press, I’ve heard the most incredible rumors of his theories, and the results they seem to produce. They say not even he’s sure what he’s been doing down there. If him or his works are still down there, I’d very much enjoy meeting him.

They’re calling it the “Aquarius Project,” apparently. Some kind of bizarre magi-technical wunderkammen. The less-fortunate down there are saying it’ll solve everyone’s ills and bring about a brighter tomorrow...just as long as they get their hands on it before somebody else does. I’m not so sure.

Froedriksson made a lot of enemies over the years. Him and old man Quartz - that old dwarf that runs a bunch of mineral interests, you’ve never heard of him? Well, they’ve been feuding over a patent of his for quite a while now. Now that Froedriksson’s crown jewel is sixty feet under, Quartz is free to expand on his monopoly unchecked.

quote:

Name: Gurgle
Playbook: Alchemist
Look: Bulbous eyes, pebbly skin, enormous mouth, thin body.
Level: 2

Drive: Empiricist.
Test your alchemy on a guinea pig, willing or otherwise.

Race: Frogman.
Whenever you are well-fed and not dried out, you have access to the ingredient frogman slime. It has the tag sticky and no other tags. Your frogman slime only maintains its potency for a day or so after collection, unless you brew it into a potion.

Mode of survival underwater: Is a frog.
Gurgle's amphibian nature (and enormous lungs) allow him to spend extensive time underwater, and function just as well above water as long as his skin doesn't dry out. He doesn't truly breathe water, but he can make a potion of waterbreathing with the right ingredients.

STR 08 (-1)
DEX 13 (+1)
CON 12 (+1)
INT 16 (+2)
WIS 15 (+1)
CHA 10 (+0) *

HP: 18 (6+Constitution)
Damage: d6
XP: 0/9

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bonds (TBD from three or four of these)
_____ would make an excellent test subject!
_____ knows where I can get some fancy new ingredients.
_____ lost their eyebrows last time I brewed up some potions.
_____ helped me find something rare and wonderful.
_____ shares my appreciation of the alchemic sciences.
_____ called me mad. Mad! I'll show them!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Starting moves:

Harvest
When you come across a potential source of alchemical ingredients, you are always able to harvest some for later use, although doing so may involve varying amounts of time, risk, or effort. The GM will tell you how many uses of the ingredient you harvested and how many tags it has; add it to your stock. Ingredients are generally 0- or 1-weight and have two or three tags. Especially unusual ingredients may have more tags; impure or mundane ingredients may have less.

When you Spout Lore about your newly gathered ingredient, on a 7+, the GM will reveal one of its tags. On a 10+, the tag revealed might also be something unusual or hitherto undiscovered!

Concoct (INT)
When you spend some time and safety brewing up some potions, roll +INT. You’ll need to spend at least 1-use of two or more ingredients to do it, but you can always use more. On a 7+, name and describe the potion you’ve made. Give it two tags and add a batch of it (thrown, near, 3-uses, 1 or 0 weight) to your inventory. Each tag you choose must be shared by at least two of the ingredients. On a 7-9, also choose one:
• The GM chooses one of your tags and replaces it with one of his choice.
• You expend all of one of the ingredients you used in this potion; GM's choice.
• You only have 2-uses of the potion instead.

If you’re brewing with exotic, magical, or unusual ingredients, you may choose an extra tag, not limited to shared tags, from any of the ingredients you used. If you’re brewing with ingredients that share an unrevealed tag, on a 10+, the GM will reveal that tag! You may choose to swap a tag of your choice out with the newly discovered one.

Example tags: Flaming, Freezing, Voltaic, Volatile, Adhesive, Invigorating, Mutagenic, Soporific, Coagulating, Smoking, Corrosive, Toxic, Fortifying.
Some possible ingredients:
• dried and pounded boneset fern (adhesive)
• powdered bloodroot (toxic, ????)
• gunpowder (volatile, explosive)
• a pinch of dried clubmoss spores (flaming, smoking, ????)
• the antenna of a deep-sea anglerfish (glowing, mutagenic, ????, ????, rare and unusual)
• a chunk of unmelting magical ice (freezing, ????, ????, exotic and magical)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Belch (CON)
When you swill back a potion and then belch it forth, expend 1-use of the potion and roll +CON.

On a 7+, pick one:
• Deal your damage to everything within a narrow cone of Near length. Describe how you do it - for instance, shards of ice, a spray of acid, or a gout of flames.
• Cause a creatively debilitating effect on something, or someone, within Reach of you - for instance, a coating of ice, a cloud of illusory dust, or a sticky wad of mucus.
• Produce a useful effect on the environment around you - for instance, an ice bridge, a wall of fire or a smoke screen. You have to be at least Close to part of the effect at the time you create it.

On a 7-9, the GM also picks one:
• You get hit by some of the backsplash. The GM will describe how it affects you.
• Your belch also affects something unintended, endangers an ally, or both.
• You’ve got indigestion. Take -1 ongoing to Belch until you have some time to take a breather and settle your stomach.

Quaff (CON)
When you quaff a potion and absorb it into your body, expend 1-use of that potion and roll +CON.

On a 7-9, hold 2 Warp, and the GM holds 2 Warp. Describe how the potion transforms you. Spend 1 Warp to make a move taking advantage of your altered form. The GM can spend Warp to introduce an unforeseen complication to your transformation. When you run out of Warp, you revert to your normal form.
On a 10+, you hold 3 Warp instead, and the GM only holds 1 Warp.
On a 6-, you still hold 1 Warp, but the GM will tell you how your transformation goes horribly wrong.

Example: A chilblain potion (freezing, clotting) might turn you into an ice man who could walk on water, freeze things with a touch and form an armour of thick ice. On a 7-9, the potion may render you sluggish and inflexible, or give you armor too brittle to survive more than a single strike. On a 6-, it might turn your skin slushy, sticky, and vulnerable, giving you -1 Armor ongoing until you get exposed to something flaming or corrosive to wash the slush away.

Connoisseur
When you taste an unknown potion, roll +WIS. On a 10+, ask two. On a 7-9, ask one.
• What could I do to improve on this?
• What ingredients went into making this?
• What would this do if I drank it?

Advanced moves

Mystery Brew
When you mix absolutely everything together to see what happens when you do, expend all of your potion ingredients and gain 1-use of Mystery Brew. When you down the Mystery Brew, expend 1-use of it and roll for Belch or Quaff. The GM will make your choices for Belch and decide what effect it produces; or describe how Quaff transforms you and into what. You have to have at least 6 ingredients on hand to brew some Mystery Brew.

Gear (Load: 5/7)
Your Load is 8+STR. You start with a bone knife (hand, 1 weight) and a tortoiseshell breastplate (1 armor, 1 weight).

Ingredients on hand:
• Nothing yet.

Choose your weapon:
• Fishing spear (reach, thrown, near, 1 weight)
Equally useful in water and out of it.

Choose three supplies:
• Adventuring gear (5 uses, 1 weight)
Fishing supplies, diving gear, glues and resins, various bottles, and other useful knickknacks.

• three bottles of healing potions marshmerrow beer (invigorating, fortifying, 3 uses, 1 weight)
Fizzy and refreshing. Brewed from a kind of native grain. Stronger than its taste suggests.

• Scurvy rations (4 uses, 1 weight)
Mainly a chewing exercise, but better than nothing.

Create two batches of potions:
• three doses of silkmoon extract (soporific, coagulating, 3 uses, 0 weight)
Brewed from the oil glands of a particular kind of otter. Resembles glue.

• three bottles of axtail-lichen tonic (volatile, mutagenic, 3 uses, 0 weight)
Smells absolutely horrible. Don’t ever let it get on rotting flesh.

Alumnus Post fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Apr 29, 2014

Something Else
Dec 27, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Suran37 posted:

Please let me know if I have made any mistakes, this is my first DW character!

Looks like you forgot to add 1 to any stat (change the modifier if applicable) for being level 2. Other than that it looks good, looking forward to the background and answers!

Druggeddwarf
Nov 9, 2011

My first attack must ALWAYS be a charge!
Awesome stuff here, I want in on this too. Going to browse the play books to see if anything would work for me. Probably some kind of water controlling human or a water druid.

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Are you in or are you out?

quote:

(12:38:55 PM) slydingdoor: i'm thinking of apping a guy that is just too manly to drown or be crushed by water
(12:39:12 PM) slydingdoor: just holds his breath forever and is used to the pressure from diving for pearls since childhood
(12:39:28 PM) slydingdoor: idk if that's cool or retarded though
(12:41:59 PM) Flame112: can't it be both

This is a WIP til I'm back home from roadtripping Friday or manage to steal enough internet in the meantime.

e: think it's done unless I get comments/suggestions for change.

Ramona de Sahagún

Try to steal your freedom from the bottom of the ocean--that was how Ramona and her enslaved people gambled, not with chores or made-up currency, but their lives. Forced labor made them strong and gambling taught took "don't hold your breath" out of their list of idioms, because they would always hold their breath. It was all they had, all their hope.

One night, after diving instead of sleeping for ten days and catching naps in between jobs during daylight, Ramona found the one. He was flawless, perfectly spherical, and brighter than the moon--you'd think Savior gave off its own light. That was the easy part.

The hard part was getting him through her own people and making the trade. Everyone wanted him for themselves and would do anything to get him. Ramona was assaulted in broad daylight, struggling to stay awake. Her best friend tried to drug her food while they hid together. The first pearl dealer tried to cheat her, then, after trying to drink her into a stupor, sent his thugs to take it by force. It all worked out for the best though, Ramona made sure that whoever crossed her would never again, and the merchant, Benedict, who did buy Savior tipped her for dealing a decisive blow to the competition. The money set her up for life, but despite her new freedom and material possessions it was still a life of fighting, pearl hunting, and drinking alone. A life of holding her breath.

Aqualantis is the biggest shell and holds the biggest pearls in the sea, and everyone knows where it is. I was going anyway, might as well work with the expedition so we don't cross each other.

The merchant Benedict was there. He never betrayed me but still he dies young. I must be bad luck after all, though he used to say otherwise.

Better forge, better refinery, and better materials for my kind of gear: all made possible by undersea mining and infinite money. I might have been put out of business if that kind of equipment got out before I could get my hands on it.

The wise monk one on the mountaintop, Ommegong, oracle above the clouds, said that Aqualantis was a big mosquito that poisoned mother earth with malaria even as it fattened itself on her lifeblood. Too bad his subjects are not as ascetic as he is, or maybe they'd be harder for Warwick or his goons to buy off.

* Underwater adaptation?
Practice, and now, equipment. I could do this job naked if I wanted to, though. Used to dive into the darkness by holding onto a heavy rock, then pull the shellfish open underwater to check them for treasure, closing them back up for later if it looked worth maturing, otherwise I'd put the pearls in my mouth. It hurts, it's cold, you get dizzy, you get scared. Then you grow up and it becomes second nature. No longer worthy of thought.

quote:

Class
Fighter Pearl Diver

Name
Ramona de Sahagún

Look
Hard Eyes, Wild Hair, Tanned Skin, Built Body

Stats

Str: 16(+2)
Con: 16(+2)
Wis: 13(+1)
Dex: 12(0)
Int: 9(0)
Cha: 8(-1)

Your maximum HP is 26, 10+Constitution.
Your base damage is d10.

Nationality
Dwarf Drunkard
When you share a drink with someone, you may parley with them using CON instead of CHA.

Bend Bars, Lift Gates
When you use pure strength to destroy an inanimate obstacle, roll+Str.
✴ On a 10+, choose 3.
✴ On a 7-9 choose 2.
It doesn’t take a very long time
Nothing of value is damaged
It doesn’t make an inordinate amount of noise
You can fix the thing again without a lot of effort

Second Skin
You ignore the clumsy tag on armor you wear.

Signature Weapon
This is your weapon. There are many none others like it, but this one is yours. Your weapon is your best friend. It is your life. You master it as you master your life. Your weapon, without you, is useless slightly less awesome. Without your weapon, you are useless slightly less awesome. You must wield your weapon true.
Choose a base description, all are 2 weight:
Compressed Air Tank with reinforced tubes that can feed a breathing apparatus, injection knife with custom trigger, and captive bolt pistol
Choose the range that best fits your weapon:
Hand
Choose two enhancements:
Honed Knife, Reinforced Tank and Tubes: +1 damage, +1 weight.
Huge and Severe. Add messy and forceful.
Choose a look:
Highly Polished

Alignment
Evil
Kill a defenseless or surrendered enemy.

Gear
Your load is 9/14 12+Str. You carry:
Your signature weapon (hand, +1 damage, messy, forceful, 3 weight)
Dungeon rations (5 uses, 1 weight).
Choose your defenses:
Scale Sharkskin armor (2 armor, 3 weight)
Choose two:
2 Healing potions flasks of Pisco, one Mosto Verde and one Acholado (0 weight)
Shield Tortoise Shell-And-Beak BiOmetal (TSABO) Gauntlet (+1 armor, 2 weight)

Bonds

Idris owes me a lifetime of free drinks, whether they admit it or not.
I have sworn to protect Cyrus, we're on the same secret mission to recover the teleporter.
I worry about the ability of Gurgle to survive in the ocean.
Bishop is a thinker, but I will make them doer like me.

Advanced Moves

Blacksmith
When you have access to a forge you can graft the magical powers of a weapon onto your signature weapon. This process destroys the magical weapon. Your signature weapon gains the magical powers of the destroyed weapon.

slydingdoor fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Apr 28, 2014

Saith
Oct 10, 2010

Asahina...

Va'el posted:

The sea is ill. Pollutants from the city and the failed specimens of Warwick's mad experiments are corrupting the ocean - and it's destroying our way of life. It's harder to hunt and fish, our farms are dying off, and insane, gibbering beasts prowl the ocean floor. My people are dying, and I cannot simply watch.

I know a lot of people there. Many young men and women left the fleet to seek status and wealth in Aqualantis, and many more have simply disappeared. We've not heard from any of them since their departure. My brother Ra'im sought to speak to Warwick directly and have him answer for his crimes. This was a month ago, and he hasn't yet returned.

It must have some stupid name or other. It 'purifies' the sea, taking out the salt, silt and sand and leaving it drinkable. I admit, it has its uses.

* Many powerful land-dwellers people would cheer Aqualantis' fall - describe one.
My own people, the Pysgodi. We've always been treated as lesser beings on land, and so we live off the sea. This man, Warwick, seeks to claim dominion over the waves. If he were to succeed, where would we go?

The Pysgodi are a sea-faring people, a loose nation of nomadic sailors. They live off the ocean, and children are taught to swim before they can even walk. They generally fish for sustenance, though during certain seasons they hunt much larger, more dangerous fish - it's considered a rite of passage to kill your first shark, and only then is one considered an adult.

Upon reaching adulthood, a Pysgo leaves the fleet to live upon the land, returning only when they've earned a boat they can call home. Most have a hard time however, due to their reputation as pirates and thieves which is a vicious cycle that leads to many youngsters simply stealing a ship to take back to the fleet.

The Pysgodi worship a number of spirits, chief among them being the Celestial Carp - a fickle and proud god who they believe devours the flesh of the dead so they can be reborn. The Pysgodi are ruled - in the loosest sense of the world - be those who can commune directly with the gods. Who else can guide the fleet to safer waters?

Va'el is one such druid. During his youth, he spent time as a navigator and guard for one of the many merchant vessels. It's considered good luck to have a Pysgodi aboard your ship - at the very least, it means his brethren won't try to take your stuff. After earning his ship, he returned to find the fleet's numbers much diminished, and the way of life he holds so dear in mortal danger.

pre:
Lvl. 2 Druid
NAME: Va'el

LOOK: Wild Eyes, Braided Hair
      Weathered Hides, Fleshy Whiskers

RACE: Human 

Damage: D6
HP:  18/18      

STR: 08(-1)  INT: 09(--)
DEX: 13(+1)  WIS: 16(+2)
CON: 12(--)  CHA: 16(+2)

ALIGNMENT: Chaotic
Destroy a symbol of civilization.

BONDS:
____________________ smells more like prey than a hunter.
The spirits spoke to me of a great danger that follows ______________.
I have showed ________________ a secret rite of the Land.
___________ has tasted my blood and I theirs. We are bound by it.

STARTING MOVES:
Born of the Open Sea
You learned your magic in a place whose spirits are strong and ancient and they’ve marked you as one of their own.
No matter where you go, they live within you and allow you to take their shape.

By Nature Sustained
You don’t need to eat or drink. If a move tells you to mark off a ration just ignore it.

Spirit Tongue
The grunts, barks, chirps, and calls of the creatures of the wild are as language to you.
You can understand any animal native to your land or akin to one whose essence you have studied.

Shapeshifter
When you call upon the spirits to change your shape, roll+Wis.
✴On a 10+ hold 3.
✴On a 7–9 hold 2.
✴On a miss hold 1 in addition to whatever the GM says.

You may take on the physical form of any species whose essence you have studied or who lives in your land:
you and your possessions meld into a perfect copy of the species’ form. You have any innate abilities and
weaknesses of the form: claws, wings, gills, breathing water instead of air. You still use your normal
stats but some moves may be harder to trigger—a housecat will find it hard to do battle with an ogre.
The GM will also tell you one or more moves associated with your new form. Spend 1 hold to make that move.
Once you’re out of hold, you return to your natural form. At any time, you may spend all your hold and
revert to your natural form.

Studied Essence
When you spend time in contemplation of an animal spirit, you may add its species to those you 
can assume using shapeshifting.

Advanced Move
Communion Of Whispers
When you spend time in a place, making note of its resident spirits and calling on the spirits of the land,
roll+Wis. You will be granted a vision of significance to you, your allies, and the spirits around you. 
✴On a 10+ the vision will be clear and helpful to you. 
✴On a 7–9 the vision is unclear, its meaning murky. 
✴On a miss, the vision is upsetting, frightening, or traumatizing. The GM will describe it. Take -1 forward.

Gear:(3/5)
A necklace made from the teeth of the first shark he killed.
Hide Armour (1 armour, 1 weight)
Spear (close, thrown, near, 1 weight)
Adventuring gear (1 weight)

Saith fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Apr 23, 2014

Something Else
Dec 27, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Really cool stuff so far, everybody. I'll keep this open through the weekend to give slydingdoor and others time to finish up. Can't wait! :krakken:

Something Else
Dec 27, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
This thread is too quiet, I'm asking some questions!

Cyrus - Tell me more about your former captors and their experiments.

Bishop - Describe how your machine(s) integrate with your body, and what happens when you perform an operation.

Dr. Galen - Describe your mark of healing. Where did this magical power come from?

Cific - Someone or something out there knows your true name - who is it, and how did they learn it?

Idris - Tell me of your deity!

Gurgle - What happened last time you made a Mystery Brew?

Ramona - Describe your signature weapon for me. How did you come by it?

Saith, I'll wait for your sheet before I ask anything of Va'el.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics

Something Else posted:

Dr. Galen - Describe your mark of healing. Where did this magical power come from?

"Ah, an excellent question. You may recall I mentioned my studies with a colleague, Xander Werther, who at this point may or may not be felled in the depths of the ocean. His command over the arcane arts was quite extraordinary and with that came an itch to understand the inner-workings of reality, but with a focus on the ebb and flow of life and death."

"When we were first introduced, our meeting was marked with skepticism on both our parts. Xander disregarded the potential of scientific application and I saw nothing but parlor tricks in his magic, but when we set to our work together an understanding was gained."

"We spent countless hours in the infirm analyzing the recently deceased. Amazingly, Xander was able to instill a spark in some of these corpses! I thought it to be Necromancy at first, but seeing the life fade so quickly from our subjects as his spark lost its magic I knew that was not the case. Me being a medical doctor, my intentions are to keep the living among the living. As a scientist, my job is to better the living. What Xander and I accomplished together was near miraculous."

"Using genetic material from an Ichthyan descendant of ancient cephalopods, I was able to create a primer that prepared the recently deceased for 'resurrection' by Xander's magical spark. We did it too... Only once, but we did it. A young human boy who had died of King's Fever. He had only been pronounced dead for 12 minutes when I administered the serum. As soon as I withdrew the needle, Xander drew a sigil in the open air with his finger tip and a blue arc of lightning manifested from that spot and struck the boy right above his heart. Like all the others we had tried it on, his eyes fluttered momentarily before closing and we were about to lose hope, but then..." Galen chokes up a bit "...he came back to us. Fighting to pull himself free of Death's clutches. Immediately, we started treating him. Injections of antitoxins, concoctions of poultices and herbs, magical potions from the world over. He was the first and only specimen we brought back from beyond the black gates."

"The research funding was cut shortly thereafter for reasons unknown, but I dare say the investors, satisfied or abhorred with our findings took the research and destroyed it or sold it off to the highest bidder. Such is the way of these things."

"As a parting gift, Xander taught me the sigil. Though I've not been able to use it to his effect, I have found great use in it for immediately restoring vigor to a patient that would have otherwise been too weak for surgery or a longer healing process, but I am only able to cast the incantation once per day, I do not have knack for magic like my dear friend Xander."

Idle Amalgam fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Apr 23, 2014

Druggeddwarf
Nov 9, 2011

Mr Atlantic

The world of entertainment was a cruel beast. One moment it would raise you to the top of the world, bringing to the upper echelon of society. Then, when it was done with you, it will swallow you whole, sending you into its dark depths of forgotten faces and destroyed lives. Those that accepted it for what it was, went on with their lives. Those that could imagine a life without it, spend the rest of their days scrapping amongst themselves to get back to the top.

It was the golden age of Dead Sea Wrestling that Mr Atlantic made his appearance. A rather large man from the Acapulco Islands he toured the world as a bare knuckle wrestler, engaging in harder and harder fights as his career rose. When his body became too injured to keep going, he had parts replaced. When his competitors went into crazier matches, he joined the fray. Be it over a skyship, Falling through a volcano, or underwater, Mr Atlantic was more than happy to oblige.

Then, as the years went by, Dead Sea Wrestling declined. People were moving on to bigger and better things. Work got less and less, until it dried up completely.

But, Mr Atlantic isn't planning on going out without a fight. He just needs one big score. Something to get his name back into everyone's minds. And then, he will prove that wrestling is still the greatest sport of all time.

A chance to go into a sunken city, bring it back to the surface, and have your name embedded in record books? If you ask him, this job isn't even dangerous enough!

Obviously Mr. Atlantic has many fans in the world - and would be fans too - but he is in search of his old wrestling mentor, Antonio Jules. Also known as the Aqua Fandango. He had heard that Antonio had retired to a life of peace with his family on Aqualantis, and he prayed that nothing bad had happened to him while he was there.

The greatest thing he had ever heard in his life - Warick had created a device so powerful, so beautiful, inconceivably incredible, that no man dared to believe it was true. He had created the Perfect Oven. An oven that always cooked whatever was placed into it to perfection. Chefs around the world would go mad for a touch of this mystery oven. Others would kill for a single slice of perfectly cooked chicken.

Of all that he could think of, one did spring to mind. Jessica Schaltz, Warick's former partner. Where he had the charisma, connections, and genius, she had the money. It was a mutual agreement that she would get to decide who got to live and work on Aqualantis - until Warick blackmailed her into signing all the rights to him. They say his hand was forced, that she was planning something despicable for the floating city. But it matters not. What does matter, is that she has one hell of a grudge.

quote:

The Brute (damage d8)

STR 16 (+2)
Dex 13 (+1)
CON 16 (+2)
INT 8 (-1)
WIS 9 (0)
CHA 12(+1)

DRIVE: GREED - Amass Great Riches

Background
: CONSTRUCT - Your Modified flesh gives a natural 1 Armour

Moves
Armed and Dangerous:
When you pick up an enemy and Swing them Around, Count them as a Weapon with the Reach, Awkward, and Forceful tags

Juggernaut:
When you smash into an obstacle (e.g.a brick wall/group of lucadors/a perfectly placed pillarr) roll +Str. ON a 10+ choose two, on a 7-9, choose one:
Your momentum carries you through
you cause catastrophic damage, scattering debris everywhere
You don't take any damage

Is that all you got?
When you deliverately take the full brunt of an attack, roll +Con. On a 7-9, pick one. On a 10+, as above and you only take half the attack's damage as it glances off you
Your enemy is left open after attacking, you can grab them or shove them
You learn one of the enemy's weaknesses, describe it
You're already in the way of their next attack, and can block it with ease
Your lack of reaction infuriates or terrifies the enemy.

Showboat:

When you perform a feat of strength in front of an audience, roll +Str. On a hit, you keep their attention as they watch in amazement or dismay. On a 7-9 you also draw unwanted attention to yourself.

Leap:
When you throw yourself into a giant jump, roll +Str. On a 10+ you land where you wanted. If that's on someone (such as say trying to do an atomic gigabuster on a fallen opponent) you deal damage as they absorb your fall. On a 7-9 your wild attempts have thrown you off course, and you land somewhere unintended.

Gear:
FISTS! (blunt, hand)
Roasted leather Armour (1 armour, 1 Weight, can be eaten as a ration)
Club (Blunt, close, 1 weight)
Adventuring Gear (1 Weight)
Healing potionSmall keg of ale (0 Weight)
Fancy hat mask and a bag of 15 coins (0 Weight)

Bonds:
_______would make a tasty snack
I bet I could throw ____________ pretty far
________ knows a dark secret about me
________ looks like a goblinlucador
________bested me at arm wrestling when I was really drunk and I will never, ever, forget the shame

Level 2
Raised Con to 16
New Move: Hurl
When you Throw Something (or someone) roll +STR. On a 10+ it hits where you intended, causing class damage to anything it crashes into. On a 7-9 something as gone wrong. pick 1.
It veers off course
You are put in a tight spot
You strain a muscle, take -1 STR until you take a second to stretch

Something Else
Dec 27, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Mr. Atlantic - Tell me about the various body part replacements you've had over the years. What's left of the original you?

Captain_Indigo
Jul 29, 2007

"That’s cheating! You know the rules: once you sacrifice something here, you don’t get it back!"

Something Else posted:

Idris - Tell me of your deity!

Idris silently pops the lid off of his barrel. Multiple wooden steins and mugs hangs from the ropes which bind it. He selects one and dunks it into the thick dark broth. During his answer he drains it, and refills it, twice.

"Deity? What do I look like? We have the ocean.

You smooth skinned land-livers! You see a beam of light cut through skeletal horde and have to slap face on it! A lost dwarf party findink their way through some goblin-infested mines to safety, and they have to give the wisp that guided them a dwarf name! Even the damned elves do it! This tree is named Bla, this river is named Bla, this fountain of magic is named Bla! Why d'you have to make everythink like you? Why can't the beam of light that kills the skeletons just be a God, why does it have to look like a man in golden armor riding a white horse? Why can't the wisp just be a spirit - why does it have to be a dwarf spirit? Why do elves name everything? I tell you. Pride. You all want to be Gods, so rather than be like Gods, you make your Gods like you. You give them names, bodies, faces, personalities.

The ocean is just the ocean. It's deep and powerful and terrifyink and beautiful. Its waves can sink ships, devour men whole, can hide some of the most vicious creatures on planet. We ride its waters, plunder its fish, eat its salt and it takes our cities in return.

It doesn't mean it has no power. Far from it. It means it has more power. The River Elves and Hobbits might say its a wizard in blue robes, or a hunter made of foam or whatever, but its not. Its just the ocean. Just the most powerful force on the planet. Then everyone always askink same question - how you get powers from the ocean if its not a god? Same way druids get power from forest, same way shamans gets power from dead bodies, same way knights get power from sword. The ocean has potential. We study it. I watch the waves for hours, for days. I train body and mind, focus on the waters. Be like the smooth surface of a perfectly calm sea, then unleash the full of a tidal wave. The ocean has power and we tap into it.

Why make it all...mortal by giving it a mortal body? Is nonsense."

Druggeddwarf
Nov 9, 2011

Something Else posted:

Mr. Atlantic - Tell me about the various body part replacements you've had over the years. What's left of the original you?

It started small. A broken arm here meant he had to get some metal under his skin to keep it in place. Then a crush hand, replaced with a metalic skeleton under his wrestling bandages. A few here, a few there, and now the only few things left to him that are his, is one part of his lung, his heart, his liver, his stomach (they tried to take that from him once. Once.) and his left eye. It's all carefully grafted, of course - some parts are organic, his extra lung formed from a baby whale. Other non organic parts are hidden by his grafted skin, less he scares his audience with strange metalic insides.

Saith
Oct 10, 2010

Asahina...
Something Else I've added my sheet. Sorry it took so long.

Something Else
Dec 27, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
No worries, Saith.

Va'el - What did you have to do to earn your ship?

Suran37
Feb 28, 2009
Bishop - Describe how your machine(s) integrate with your body, and what happens when you perform an operation.

During my travels I have learned many techniques for creating machines. However, my proudest work was figuring out how to make the machines draw power from my own energy systems. While I never have to worry about power sources or carrying my devices the work was never fully perfected and surges of power will sometimes occur and can disable or make future operations more difficult until I have time to make repairs. Since the machines are fully-integrated with my frame in order to draw power I cannot remove them without causing considerable harm to myself or leaving myself somewhat exposed.

(Also I just updated my post above with my backstory.)

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Something Else posted:

Ramona - Describe your signature weapon for me. How did you come by it?

Benedict's pay was more than enough to buy my freedom with leftovers. But it wasn't enough keep it. Life as a newly free woman wasn't much different from when I was still wearing Savior in a pouch around my neck. I thought being free was the opposite of being a slave, but without respect, without fear, free just means cheap. "A steal," as the merchant says. So I spent the money before it could be stolen so I could keep what would make later. I invested in these things for my protection and my livelihood--pearl diving. My gambles with the sea became less risky, and other's gambles against me became more risky.

First is the air tank. I had to buy replacements before I paid to learn how to make them right, custom. Now I reinforced the tank because I can handle the weight, even swing it like a flail on land. Also it fits more air this way and is hard enough to trust not to betray me. The compressed air in the tank can go through tubes, also reinforced, to give me air underwater through this one, or squid-like propulsion from this, and it can reload my two tools here. First is the stunner, a bolt pistol. It uses air to fire a free bolt as a short range penetrating projectile or a captive bolt, like a heavy metal one-inch punch that can one-hit kill, or shatter the rare stubborn mollusc I don't want to pull open manually. Or a boat hull. I prefer the captive bolt--more useful and you only need one. Second is the injection knife. I use it like any other knife, for anything--pry open an oyster, shave, fight--but when this trigger is pulled it voids a little tank of air inside the handle through a hollow tube through the soft dull side of the blade, and anything it's inside explodes. Underwater it also is forces the dead body to rise and the blood to freeze, to delay and draw away the scavenging sharks. Kill someone with these, and you buy yourself some respect, some fear. Until people forget, then you remind them and they remember longer this time. One day, maybe they remember forever.

Alumnus Post
Dec 29, 2009

Pillbug

Something Else posted:

Gurgle - What happened last time you made a Mystery Brew?

Gurgle looks up from his makeshift field lab, puts down his mortar and pestle a moment, and rests his chin on his knuckles to think. He turns occasionally to adjust a fire underneath a bubbling flask, or to add a pinch of this and a dash of that to a foul-smelling pot of glutinous brown goop. His hands move steadily, emphasizing the story with little gestures and potion-making movements.

"Orrup. Was not too hard to make, last time. Had too much whiskey. Bad batch from the distillery at Fatdjinn Tarn. Invigorating, sure. But I tell you, it taste like otyugh spit. Nobody wanted. Thought maybe I could make it better, so I tell you what I do. I dig through my stocks and see what needs getting rid of. I bubble some compressed marsh-gas through it. Add some hot peppers and felsic burs, all ground up."

"Not quite enough. Now it taste like otyugh spit and stale charcoal. And only fizzy. Too volatile, nothing to fix it. So I think, maybe what it needs is some oomph to get it going. Orrrup. At the time I have some willowisp dust. Very hard to find. Nobody hunt willowisps anymore; too much work for a little dust pinch. Only useful for alchemist anyway."

"Willowisp dust about to go bad, see. Doesn't last long anyway. So I take my little bottle, and I take a bit of sulfur and charcoal, and a bit of ram's horn, and put it all in there. Very good kickstarter, willowisp dust. Guaranteed to liven up just 'bout anything. So I put the lid on tight, I bank the fire and I walk the three mile back to town. They make me work out there, see. Lots of problem if I leave the fire on at night. Old master Loshn lose three apprentices that way. Very, very sad thing." He shakes his head, but it's obvious he thinks it's a little funny.

"I use that one some weeks later, when some bandits have a little disagreement with Master Loshn and him gambling debts. Mm-mm. Set my entire skin ablaze with fire 'n smoke. Scared them right off, and gave 'em a good scorch around the buttocks too. Best whiskey I ever did taste. Never could get that mix right again, though. Shame it burned down Loshn's cottage, too."

"I sell the idea to Fatdjinn, at least. Made a lot of money off that. Of course, I need to spend every last copper on fixin' his house up, or Loshn have my hide. C'est la vie. Maybe next time I add some clay." He belches and returns to his work.

Alumnus Post fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Apr 25, 2014

Flame112
Apr 21, 2011

Something Else posted:

Cyrus - Tell me more about your former captors and their experiments.

"Honestly, I've tried my hardest to forget everything about that place. Not that it's worked. You wanna know what I remember? Fine." Cyrus somehow looks even clammier than usual.

"I remember four assistant 'scientists'. Three, after I shanked one and got the hell out of there." Cyrus grins. It's not a pretty sight. "I'm pretty sure I'd recognize the other ones if I saw them again. I'd make them unrecognizable after that, of course." Cyrus idly plays with his knife, still grinning.

"Then there was this one guy, clearly in charge. Never caught his name, or even saw his face. The others only referred to him as Doctor, spoken in a way that you just knew it had a capital D. What I do remember about him is his voice. His voice, announcing things like, "Begin injection Alpha-73 on Test Subject 3", or "Read Incantation Three, of Paragraph Two, of Vaurthuro's Lost Scroll, to Test Subject 3." Cyrus's grin is long gone, and his voice drops to a whisper. "When you hear the same voice right before some horrible things happen to you, every day, for years, you remember that drat voice."

Cyrus looks at you, noticing an inquisitive look on your face. "What's that? Ah, yeah, right. Yeah, they called me Subject 3." He shrugs. "But I never saw any sign of any other subjects. Might be some others like me out there, might be they died in some terrible experiment before I was even taken. Might be the researchers were just fuckin' with me."

Cyrus clasps his hands together, "So there you have it. My hosed up little story. Now can we get on with it?"

Flame112 fucked around with this message at 08:53 on Apr 25, 2014

Something Else
Dec 27, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Great stuff in this thread so far. I'll probably make picks Monday morning. If anyone else is thinking about apping, do it quick!

piL,

quote:

Cific - Someone or something out there knows your true name - who is it, and how did they learn it?

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender
Sorry about that, had a friend come and spend a few nights. Found it hard to split my focus.

There are three people in the world that know Cific's true name. The first is the Queen of the Island of course. As a servant to her, it's expected that she be able to call him at a moment's notice. True Names have power, and surely as soon as the Queen notices he's gone, she'll call, right?

The second is the only other fae that Cific has met in his travels, Eriisirin the Melencholy, a lonely human sized fae who feeds on the gushing emotion freed from the hardened hearts of those who travel this world without friend, family or companion, in their moments of open weakness. He met her where one meets those types--at a bar. The fact he was trapped in a bottle at the time didn't weaken her charm.

Finally, the old cabin boy of the pirate captain, a man that Cific would call his first friend. He and Cific would talk and trade fantastic stories while he would clean the room, and they opened up from there. For his kindness, Cific promised that, at a time of need, the boy would have only to free the fae, call his name, and state what he would require, and as long as Cific could hear, he would come running. The boy never called, however.

Cific ponders the question and considers carefully, "A mother, a wistful night, and a companion. All deserving, all lost to me."

Something Else
Dec 27, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Hey guys, here are my picks for this game. Thanks to everyone who applied, everything was right on point. It was really hard to force myself to stick to my word and only take 6 characters! Sorry if you didn't make it, but this my first time running a PbP game so I'm a little wary of taking on more than I can handle.

Flame112 -- Cyrus
Suran37 -- Bishop
DoctorIdle -- Dr. Galen von Zieglas
CaptIndigo -- Idris Surfstride
Alumnus Post -- Gurgle
slydingdoor -- Ramona de Sahagun

Lord Gobshire ensured that you convened at the Crystal Bay docks, and that you all set off together. You are already in route. Decide together: How are you getting to Aqualantis? Also go ahead with your bonds, I'll have a few more specific follow-up questions in a little bit.

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Idris owes me their life a lifetime of free drinks, whether they admit it or not.
I have sworn to protect Cyrus, we're on the same secret mission to recover the teleporter.
I worry about the ability of Gurgle to survive in the dungeon ocean.
Bishop is soft sober a thinker, but I will make them hard drunk a doer like me.

I vote for a stealth bomber airdropping us in a submersible over it. We'll sink and fin stealthily near or into the city, then leave it all fueled up as a getaway vehicle if necessary.

Flame112
Apr 21, 2011
Cyrus's bonds:

I stole some of Galen's old research journals.
Idris and I have shared a few drinks. He has my back when things go wrong.
Bishop knows incriminating information about me.
Ramona and I have a con running.

I'm a fan of getting dropped in a submersible, but I think Cyrus would prefer to swim alongside and maybe scout ahead rather than ride in a cramped submersible himself.

Captain_Indigo
Jul 29, 2007

Bonds:
I have guided Ramona before and they owe me for it.
Cyrus is a friend of nature, so I will be their friend as well.
Doctor Galen no respect for nature, so I have no respect for them.
Bishop does not understand life in the wild, so I will teach them

"How do you vant to get there? To aqualantis? Are you stupid in there? Has all that time on land turned your brains to stones? We swim! Or maybe Cyrus and me swim. You ground people can take your fancy machineries and we will watch you banging on the windows when they break and start filling up with water and the doors don't open. Help us, help us, you cry and...we will...if we are not too busy sharink beer with the beeeeautiful ladies of Aqualantis. Vista can sit on top of your subermachine and guard it."

Whack everyone in a submersible, Cyrus and Idris swim. Crab sits on the top as it sinks.

Suran37
Feb 28, 2009
Bonds:
Cyrus is distrustful of machines. I will prove their value.
Idris is proof that great things can be achieved without machines. I must match those achievements with my own.
Ramona knows where something amazing is hidden. They must show me!
I must protect Gurgle so they can help me with my work. They understand it.

Druggeddwarf
Nov 9, 2011

Hey guys. Sucks I couldn't make it in, but I wish you all the best!

Alumnus Post
Dec 29, 2009

Pillbug
Gurgle's Bonds

Maybe if I gave Ramona a potion or two, she'd show me some respect.
Bishop is my personal assistant laboratory.
Dr. Galen shares my passion for Science, although not my methods.
Cyrus helped me find some incredible ingredients.

My vote is for a round of potions of mudflesh all around. Gives you gills! Tastes like mud! Only $29.99!

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
BONDS:
Patient Idris is suffering from a serious
chronic condition, but doesn't know it yet.

Patient Gurgle has proven an able assistant;
I will teach them what I know about medicine.

Patient Cyrus is not nearly as sick as they
think they are.

Sorry for slow response, was busy today.

No deep sea Bathysphere taking us to the watery depths? Perhaps the submersible is one of Warwick's inventions that have been patented and mass-produced through out the lands for their practicality at sailing the seas. A combination of science and magic, it provides safe passage for a few thousand meters. At a good point, the most versatile swim alongside the vessel or we prepare to huff it by fin/foot after taking the vessel as far as we could go quietly.

Idle Amalgam fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Apr 29, 2014

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender
Congrats everybody that made it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain_Indigo
Jul 29, 2007

SomethingElse, despite all that time we spent working on it yesterday, I suddenly didn't like the mage move anymore! I've replaced it with a different advanced move from the ranger book. Sorry for the inconvenience!

• Locked thread