Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain_Indigo
Jul 29, 2007

"That’s cheating! You know the rules: once you sacrifice something here, you don’t get it back!"

My bad, I must have misunderstood. You said:

'You have time to take a shot or command Vista - trigger DD(DEX) if you try to do both. On 10+ you're fast enough for both, otherwise pick one. On a 6- you take -1 forward'

I presumed that meant that I should roll Dex to try and do both. I got 7-9 so I took that as meaning a successful Volley, but now I see you probably meant I could then TRY and do both so I should have rolled for my Volley after that. Confirm that for me and I'll go back and edit it in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Something Else
Dec 27, 2004

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Yeah I meant you could DDDex to have the chance to trigger both moves. Your 9 on DDDex means you can now roll for one of those moves, so roll Volley now. Sorry for the confusion!

I got you Flame, thanks. I'm at Disneyland!!!

Flame112
Apr 21, 2011
So why aren't you posting???

Something Else
Dec 27, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Sorry for the abbreviated post, I cut my hand and had to go to the hospital. I'm icing it, so my typing is a bit slow for now.

Everyone should post except Doctor Idle, I'll get you on the next go around. Fictionally this makes sense to me, and plus my hand really hurts. At least you can still be Aided if someone decides to!

Flame112
Apr 21, 2011
Wow, what happened? Are you alright?

Something Else
Dec 27, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
I was trying to break apart frozen turkey burgers with a butcher knife in the stupidest way imaginable :smith: It's not that bad of a cut, only about an inch wide. It's kinda deep though, so moving my pinky and ring finger is pretty painful. Got my first 3 stitches and still made it to the theater in time to catch the back half of DotPotA :unsmith:

Flame112
Apr 21, 2011
Hey, does it sound like the voices saying “Jump, ya knucklehead!” are talking to me, or am I overhearing a conversation?

Something Else
Dec 27, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
The voices don't seem to be aware of you.

Suran37
Feb 28, 2009
Sorry, I have been busy for the last week or so, I'll hopefully have a post up tonight!

Suran37
Feb 28, 2009

Something Else posted:

Bishop, again, triggering Aid only functions mechanically when someone has made a roll that would benefit from adding 1 to the roll, and it's not clear what exactly you're doing to trigger Aid. Feel free to retcon this, but know that 'supplies' in this case can be considered uses of Adventuring Gear shared among the group (or gathered elsewhere).

I was going to aid the climbing process, I thought you had to roll before the action took place.

Something Else posted:

Also, your character sheet on page 1 of this thread indicates you have one bond with Ramona (Ramona knows where something amazing is hidden. They must show me!), so you'll roll+1 next time you trigger Aid to help Ramona.

Ok, I wasn't sure if it was referring to this or something else. I'll keep that in mind in the future.

Other then that, post is finally up!

Something Else
Dec 27, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Suran37 posted:

I was going to aid the climbing process, I thought you had to roll before the action took place.

Always think about the fiction first. There's no need to roll a move if you're not sure it triggers - if you miss a trigger, I'll let you know or just roll it for you. It's my job as GM to put you in situations where your moves apply, so you should focus on describing your character's actions in detail, what is appropriate for the character to do, rather than locking your actions to moves. And the more specific you are about how Bishop does things, the easier for me it is to make something cool happen! That's the miracle and magic of Dungeon World. :smaug:

Ninja edit: See, you get it. That's a good post.

Something Else
Dec 27, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Sorry for recent delays, gang. My hand is almost fully healed but work is evolving and I don't have as much idle posting time as I used to. I should have a bigpost up by the weekend.

Captain Indigo - you still with us?

Captain_Indigo
Jul 29, 2007

"That’s cheating! You know the rules: once you sacrifice something here, you don’t get it back!"

I really enjoyed this game, but yeah - I am crazy busy right now and don't really have time :(. Sorry Something Else. The rest of you guys make sure you save Aqualantis for me, kay?

Something Else
Dec 27, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
No worries, I totally get it. Idris and Vista will be missed! I'll put them on the Priceless, so you can come back any time ;)

Suran37
Feb 28, 2009
Sorry I have been slacking. Meant to post today, but I got caught up with some unexpected plans. Hopefully, I get something up tomorrow!

Something Else
Dec 27, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
It's all good! I honestly don't mind the slow pace of this game right now, I assume we're all cool sexy people doing summertime things. Just let me know if you're ever not posting because I'm being dumb or boring or if there's something I should be doing differently! That goes for everybody.

Flame112
Apr 21, 2011
I haven't been posting because I'm a lazy butt, but I'll try to fix that.

So I want to fire a warning harpoon shot at the greasers, but I want the shot to actually crack some of the pieces of the golem behind them, hopefully helping it gain some mobility or something. What do you want me to roll for that? Some kinda DD Dex and/or a Volley, I'm guessing?

Something Else
Dec 27, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
It sounds like a Volley on the debris golem to me, since you're trying to damage it a little bit. The golem doesn't seem like he cares that much... but he might get pissed if you miss :smaug:

If you roll a partial, Defy Danger to avoid hitting the guy.

Something Else fucked around with this message at 06:55 on Aug 8, 2014

Something Else
Dec 27, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Heads up y'all, going thru changes at the workplace, so for at least a few weeks my posting is going to be (mostly) restricted to nights and weekends. Sorry for future slowness!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Something Else
Dec 27, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
I'm facepalming so hard for you guys right now. It might take me a bit to come up with consequences for all those failures :doh:

Alumnus Post
Dec 29, 2009

They are weird and troubling. We owe it to our neighbors to kill them.
Pillbug
I think it's hilarious. Gurgle is not a roach wrangler today. :v:

Flame112
Apr 21, 2011
Who's rolling poorly? I don't know nothing about that. :smug:

Flame112
Apr 21, 2011
So are these punks coming down the only set of stairs I know about? Meaning, unless I think of something really clever, I need to figure out how to go through the punks or the turret?

Something Else
Dec 27, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Yeah, they're coming down the same stairs you took.

Something Else
Dec 27, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Anybody else playing Destiny? It's been eating up a ton of my free time lately.

Flame112
Apr 21, 2011
Come back to IRC, everyone. It's so lonely...

Edit: not now though, I'm leaving.

Flame112 fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Sep 22, 2014

Something Else
Dec 27, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
IRC is one distraction that I can't manage very well most of the time. But I still like you guys :sadwave:

Alumnus Post
Dec 29, 2009

Pillbug
I've just had a ton of other stuff going on. I'll hop on sometime.

Suran37
Feb 28, 2009
Super sorry I haven't posted in forever, I've had a ton of school work lately.
I'll have a post up in a few minutes soon... not sure how to act on my roll. :smith:

On a 7-9, you can parley with the machine or robot by offering it data, power, or proper usage — no matter what level of intelligence it possesses.
Does this mean I do a Parley move? I wanted to force the Intruder Bot thing to stop, but I'm not sure how this should play out.

Suran37 fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Sep 25, 2014

Something Else
Dec 27, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
I think you played it right, although with a 9 on Parley, you need to offer concrete proof of your promise, ie whip out some juice for the machine! The toolkit in your gear is reflavored Adventuring Gear, right? Mark off one use of that when you hand over the juice.

Something Else
Dec 27, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Sorry I'm so slow, gang. Couple things before my next post:

Alumnus Post: What type of a useful thing are you looking for? "My guy looks around" isn't a whole lot to work with. That being said, I saw your MIA thread post so if you don't have time for :effort: just let me know here and I'll work with it.

Suran37: Edit in something about showing concrete proof of your promise, per the wording of Parley, otherwise the machine's not buying it.

Suran37
Feb 28, 2009
Will do, also I think the toolbox is adventure gear. What's the default number of charges it gets?

Flame112
Apr 21, 2011

Suran37 posted:

Will do, also I think the toolbox is adventure gear. What's the default number of charges it gets?

Starts with 5, each use takes up 1.

Something Else
Dec 27, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
I decided to :justpost: Alumnus. Hopefully that's useful enough!!!!

Alumnus Post
Dec 29, 2009

Pillbug
Heyyy, that'll do just fine. Sorry if I wasn't clear. I was trying to flesh out the scene a little more, and hopefully to find some way to turn the terrain (or other parts of the scene) to my advantage.

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Are you in or are you out?
I'm enjoying visualizing the scene of the roach egg with baby xenomorph inside rolling all the way across the sector up a building, through a broken window, down a hall and around a tank to get to Ramona's feet.

Something Else
Dec 27, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Wait, did I typo? Haha WHOOPS

Flame112
Apr 21, 2011
Is...is there a man in my turret

Alumnus Post
Dec 29, 2009

Pillbug
It's powered by a forsaken child. Or maybe a construction worker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Something Else
Dec 27, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Suran37, you still in for this?

Everybody who's still playing, thanks for hanging in there. I've learned a lot running this game!

• Locked thread