Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lavender Philtrum
May 16, 2011

I played a bunch of this with some guys. I like it, although a lot of times the winning thing was swapping a card into someone else's hand and then using the Guard to call them out as having it.

Also, does anyone want to teach me how to play Android: Netrunner/play with me?
I have a setup that includes playmats. Only core set though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dregan
Jan 16, 2005

I could transport you all into space if I wanted.

Lavender Philtrum posted:

I played a bunch of this with some guys. I like it, although a lot of times the winning thing was swapping a card into someone else's hand and then using the Guard to call them out as having it.

Also, does anyone want to teach me how to play Android: Netrunner/play with me?
I have a setup that includes playmats. Only core set though.

That's the winning way to play Love Letter. The other best way to win is to pull a Baron and the Princess on your first turn.

KamikazeJim
Sep 15, 2006

oh fuck are you seeing this bomb man. ARE YOU SEEING THIS?
Until you inadvertently manage to Baron someone with a Countess.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

There has been another update to this, with some nice inclusions. We now have square cards!

quote:

Massive Custom Table Added! Update v1.5

Many of you have been asking for a larger table and we wanted to do even better and give you a massive table that you can even import a custom picture onto! Community involvement is how we can make the best game for everyone and we love to hear your ideas. We get many of the feature ideas from the community so be sure to share your thoughts on Tabletop Simulator on our forums.

Custom Extra Large Table:

Our largest table yet with the ability to import any image onto it for your massive games!
The table can be used like one massive custom board, and you can even use it in combination with the custom board
Recommended resolution for the table picture is 4400x2600

Custom Cards Aspect Ratios:

Custom decks now scale to the aspect ratio of the face image (Square cards are now possible)
New square face template has been added to the root folder of the game
It still uses the same 10x7 template, it's just widened to make the cards square (each image is 490x490)

Features:

Shrinked objects can be done one more step smaller (Should help with using custom decks as counters)
Camera mode toggle has been added. You can swap between table rotation and FPS camera style with the 'P' key
‘Disable voice chat’ option added to options menu. This might fix memory leak issue (temporary solution, we are still working on this)

Fixes:

Workshop Support is now working for Mac and Linux users
Card sticky and stacking now scales with the size of the card (easier on large cards, and harder on smaller)
Saves files is no longer skipping #1 slot for new saves
Saving and loading will work if you save files that don't match the normal naming format
Increased raised height on Custom Figurines
Objects will no longer collide through the rectangle table's side walls
Tall poker chip stacks will no longer drag on the ground if flipped a certain way
Fixed Custom Figurine memory leak
Fixed the aspect ratio on dominoes
New collision sphere for mouse bounds

In the Future:

3D Model modding
UI Overhaul
RAM Optimization
Stability improvement
Additional RPG Features
??? game mode
More Steam Integration
and much more!

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
I'd always play D&D on a dry-erase grid mat set on a table. We need a whiteboard table with markers (hex or rgb color selection with favorites) and various grid options, size, hex, etc.

Focacciasaurus_Rex
Dec 13, 2010

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

I'd always play D&D on a dry-erase grid mat set on a table. We need a whiteboard table with markers (hex or rgb color selection with favorites) and various grid options, size, hex, etc.

The downside is, everyone would be drawing dicks on it immediately.

The upside is, everyone would be drawing dicks on it immediately.

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

We can't have a whiteboard table because then nobody would bother playing other mods.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
And roll20 already exists, besides.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
So does Fantasy Grounds, which I've used a ton. But neither of them have that physical tabletop feel I love about this slash rear end in a top hat physics.

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

So... How far away are we from Lego implementation? Because Lego D&D is something I can get behind.

Daidoji
Jun 13, 2001

Perception is Reality.
Updated my Defenders of the Realm mod:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=260553398

I don't think there's much else I can add to it apart from a rules deck and custom models (which are not supported yet).
Feedback is welcome though!

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Galaga Galaxian posted:

I can't believe I just spent literally all day making this. :suicide:

Oh well, at least I'll finally get a chance to try out Machi Koro Plus.

Can someone download this and tell me if this is still working?

[edit] Finished up my module for Friday, a solitaire game, and threw it up on the workshop. Hopefully I can get Machi Koro up as well. Then I'll probably dig through Board Game Geeks for some interesting looking free "print and play" games to convert.

Galaga Galaxian fucked around with this message at 07:03 on Jun 4, 2014

Prokhor
Jun 28, 2009

In one moment, Earth; in the next, Heaven.

I'm looking for more people to play tabletop games with, add me http://steamcommunity.com/id/Prokhor_Zharkov if you're up for it.

Wheezle
Aug 13, 2007

420 stop boats erryday
Custom models are here!

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Awww yeah. :getin:

Now if only I could figure out why the modules I'm trying to create/upload to steam workshop keep trying to draw their card images from my computer's local storage (on someone else's computer!) instead of the online images. :doh:

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
I now have a reason to remember what little I knew in Blender.

KamikazeJim
Sep 15, 2006

oh fuck are you seeing this bomb man. ARE YOU SEEING THIS?
I made a thing again. This thing took a modicum of effort, unlike Love Letter, as I had to scan my copy of it.

It's Get Lucky - The Kill Doctor Lucky Card Game

Available in the Steam Workshop over here.

JamieTheD
Nov 4, 2011

LPer, Reviewer, Mad Welshman

(Yes, that's a self portrait)
Heh, to think I made a thread because search didn't find this. Anyways, got a friend bugging me to scan in "Lunch Money", so I'll hopefully be doing that monday. I also actually have quite a few of the Rage cards, so we'll see what happens there.

Oh, and Tabletop Simmers who want to add me: http://steamcommunity.com/id/JamieTheD/

selan dyin
Dec 27, 2007

quote:

This update brings you improvements to the custom model support, rocks & tree models to customize your RPGs even more, moveable boards and much more.

Tabletop Simulator is also on sale for 30% off in the Steam Summer Sale.

Contextual Menu Added:
You can now right click on a object to bring up a menu to customize different options for that object
Objects can now be renamed and when mousing over them you can easily read the name
A description can also be added to an object, great for storing player stats or additional info
Dealing cards and resetting decks are possible from menu
Locking and unlocking an object can also be done from the menu
‘Cut deck’ is a brand new action that can be done in the menu

Custom Model Improvements:
Meshes will now use the smoothing normals in your .obj data if supplied
Separate collision mesh can be now supplied allowing many more collision possibilities
Holes in collision are supported if you choose non-convex, but non-convex objects do not collide with each other (engine limitation)
Non-convex is only used if a mesh collider is supplied, best used for something similar to the Chinese Checker board

Optimizations on Custom Assets:
Objects that share custom assets are no longer using up memory like they are unique objects
Rewinding will no longer require assets to be reloaded from disk

Boards Now Movable:
You can now unlock boards and move them just like other objects
They can also be spawned in the spawn menu making use of multiple boards

Features:
Added a rock and tree model great for outdoor RPG scenes
Highlighting and then locking multiple objects now works
Server name can now be found in the menu

Fixes/Changes:
Memory optimization on default assets
Alt zoom on objects will no longer clip off the screen and will ignore scale
Locked objects now display the number of objects it contains
Frozen objects will unlock when the table is flipped
Fixed texture syncing issue for custom models
Copy pasting an object pulled from a stack will now work
Voice chat is now disabled by default for new players due to memory leaks (can still be enabled in settings)
Wood shader is now slightly less shiny/specular
Custom Models held height has been lowered
Unlocking a model you were holding will no longer get stuck to your hand
Fixed host to client material sound sync
Table no longer clips through objects on clients when flipped
Reworded confusing section in tutorial
Destroy bounds have been closed in so no objects can escape by flying upward
Locked objects will no longer stop you box selecting
Fixed bug with custom table loading its custom texture

In the Future:
UI Overhaul
RAM Optimization
Stability improvement
Additional RPG Features
??? game mode
More Steam Integration
and much more!

:siren: Steam group for TTS Goons is up too :siren:

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/TTSLLJK

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
Someone let me know when I can use this to play HeroQuest. Then maybe it'll be worth my time.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

Jamesman posted:

Someone let me know when I can use this to play HeroQuest. Then maybe it'll be worth my time.

Which one do you want?

It's worth your time now anyway, it has tons of fantastic games already made in the workshop and new ones popping up every day.

selan dyin
Dec 27, 2007

Jamesman posted:

:ssh: it came out a month ago

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

How easy is it to let players import their own resources?

Like, if I was playing a TCG or Heroclix, could I bring a deck, and have them bring a deck?

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Which one do you want?

It's worth your time now anyway, it has tons of fantastic games already made in the workshop and new ones popping up every day.

Anemone Thief posted:

:ssh: it came out a month ago

You make compelling arguments... Now let me know when it's not an early-access game. Or a Steam game. :colbert:

What exactly is the "4-pack" thing though? It's entirely possible that I am missing it, but I see no indication as to what I would be spending $20 more for.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Jamesman posted:

You make compelling arguments... Now let me know when it's not an early-access game. Or a Steam game. :colbert:

What exactly is the "4-pack" thing though? It's entirely possible that I am missing it, but I see no indication as to what I would be spending $20 more for.
It's a 4 pack. As in, there are 4 version of the game, so that you can share with your friends.

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

Do any games/mods come with manuals, or is it usually limited to what they put into the notepad?

I was kinda hoping there'd be scans or summaries, as opposed to hunting down the manuals and leafing through them to find stuff.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
A lot of boardgame publishers actually put the manuals for their games up on their website, so it'd be worth checking that out.

Lavender Philtrum
May 16, 2011
Could I get a show of hands for anyone interested in a goon TTS Netrunner tournament? It's really easy to learn and a ton of fun with way more depth than you'd expect, right off the bat.

Been addicted to this poo poo recently and would love to have a little tourney with all custom decks. I'm pretty new but I wouldn't mind losing to more experienced players if I get to learn.

JamieTheD
Nov 4, 2011

Could I get a show of hands for anyone interested in a goon TTS Netrunner tournament? It's really easy to learn and a ton of fun with way more depth than you'd expect, right off the bat.

Been addicted to this poo poo recently and would love to have a little tourney with all custom decks. I'm pretty new but I wouldn't mind losing to more experienced players if I get to learn.

Definitely got some interest there, I vaguely recall Netrunner being nice and fun!

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

yah, if someone can teach me that poo poo a bit more, cuz last time when i played it i was confused as heck, i'd be down.

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate

How would you import a deck built from the various netrunner sites?

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

You'd have to obtain images of all the cards and arrange them into a deck image.

For example, here is a shadowfist deck (not playable quality):

JamieTheD
Nov 4, 2011

Galaga Galaxian posted:

You'd have to obtain images of all the cards and arrange them into a deck image.

For example, here is a shadowfist deck (not playable quality):

You can also have the individual card types scanned, create custom cards until you have a basic deck, and then make that the workshop save. It's what I plan to do for an old game about schoolyard fights called Lunch Money.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

That doesn't sound very convenient though, there are a few utilities that will automatically arrange images of the cards and properly format them and even do duplicates.

Also, regardless of if your deck has 1 or 69 cards, the deck importer still interprets an image as if its a 10x7 arrangement. So a small deck just ends up with a lot of black space:

Which reminds me I should try to figure out why my Machi Koro deck isn't working on Steam Workshop, I spent enough time making original cards for it afterall.

TyreForHyre
Dec 22, 2011

Ask me about capital Ds and how disintegration is totally rad.
Been having a blast with this so far, and been kinda obsessing on how to import all the neat stuff I want in it.
Just uploaded my first workshop deal for Dead Man's draw, if any of yall are familiar with it, it's a press you luck kinda game where you try and rack up as many points as you can on a draw without busting by having two of the same suit. All the suits have different abilities that work off of each other very well and there's added depth from various traits players can have, and character cards which can change the rule set entirely.

Gimme some feedback if anything is broken or perhaps isn't explained well from the post or the rule cards.

Dead Man's Draw Workshop page.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

This game is an awesome buy and frankly has been a long time coming. Can't wait to try some of the content posted here in this thread!

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

adamantium|wang posted:

I miss the gently caress out of V:TES :(

Jyhad, you young pup!

ShankyMcStabber
Mar 9, 2012

I spend way too much money on computer parts.

TheCenturion posted:

Jyhad, you young pup!

I still have about 300 of the Jyhad cards sitting in a box somewhere around the house (the same box my Rage Limited Edition cards are kept)

ShankyMcStabber fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Jul 23, 2014

Smoremaster
Aug 5, 2009

Don't forget to source your quotes!
Has anyone done Puerto Rico for this yet? I think the game is finally at the stage where it's possible now. If I can find a scanner I might have a go at it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

ShankyMcStabber posted:

I still have about 300 of the Jyhad cards sitting in a box somewhere around the house (the same box my Rage Limited Edition cards are kept)

I have a case of lots of old decks and cards, plus a binder with a copy of each individual card. I'm only missing cat's burglary, charnas the imp, day operation, giant's blood, kine dominance, the knights, madness network, malkavian justicar, praxis seizure: Chicago, and temptation of greater power.

Wow. I thought I was only missing one or two. Time to go through my extras again.

I actually just tossed out a bunch of, lets see, rage, battletech CCG, rifts CCG, and a few others, in some much needed housecleaning.

• Locked thread