Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I don't know how to play either of these games, but I'm down.

If we get 4, we can do Chaos in the Old World. It's set in Warhammer Fantasy and is about the four gods of chaos who want to destroy the world in their own unique ways.

If we get 5, we can do Battlestar Galactica, which is a co-operative game with 2 traitors who try to subvert the workings of the team. I only know how to play Battlestar, but I've heard Chaos in the Old World is quite simple.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

I forgot I own this, I'm down but text chat only for me.

Doctor Epitaph
Dec 22, 2008
I've only played Chaos in the Old World once like 3 years ago, but I'm always down to TTS with goons.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Oh yeah I have no idea how to play, also.

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

Hey guys! I'm having a good time, what about you?

I could potentially be down for this, it just might be hard to work into my schedule. Never played Chaos in the Old World but if it's simple enough then that shouldn't be an issue. I'm quite familiar with BSG so I can help make that run smoothly if we did go that route.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How does Friday at 7PM GMT for you?

When it comes to the rules, we can just open them in-game using the tablet. That'll slow things down but makes it quite possible.

strategery
Apr 21, 2004
I come to you baring a gift. Its in my diper and its not a toaster.
I'm down to play some tts. I've been wanting an excuse to play it. I have a mic. Steam id is pauleku.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Oh yeah, steam name same as username. I think I can do 7PM.

SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer
Is there like a group of goons who play this? Looking for a few to play some Epic Spell Wars with or something else

Doctor Epitaph
Dec 22, 2008
I picked it up recently. I've been jonesing to run through the Descent campaign if any goons want in on that.

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

How does Friday at 7PM GMT for you?

Friday is no good for me. Saturday maybe?

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

Doctor Epitaph posted:

I picked it up recently. I've been jonesing to run through the Descent campaign if any goons want in on that.

Friday is no good for me. Saturday maybe?

I'd be good for Saturday. Haven't played Descent, how easy are the rules to pick up?

Doctor Epitaph
Dec 22, 2008

I'd be good for Saturday. Haven't played Descent, how easy are the rules to pick up?

It's not too difficult. Certainly easy if you've played something like D&D before.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

SlayVus posted:

Is there like a group of goons who play this? Looking for a few to play some Epic Spell Wars with or something else

Well, we're kinda forming one right now.

So, what should we do for voice chat? We could use mumble. Those using text chat can easily use the in-game option, but as far as I know Tabletop Sim does not have in-game VoIP.

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

THAT GOD DAMN MOSQUITO JUST KEEPS COMING BACK

as far as I know Tabletop Sim does not have in-game VoIP.

Yes it does. It uses the same connection as the hosted game though, so it's pretty crap.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

Okay, so everyone who wishes to play should join the CTS Mumble server. For our purposes, we shall use the "Das uboot" channel near to the bottom of the channel list. Anybody is welcome to join, all that is needed is Tabletop Simulator itself.

HerpicleOmnicron5 fucked around with this message at 12:25 on May 17, 2015

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Rock Paper Shotgun (yeah yeah, I know) has an article up all about the legalities of TTS mods 'ripping off' real boardgames.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015/06/11/tabletop-simulator-mods-copyright/

Kind of cool that some board game devs are ok with them existing, though those Netrunner guys seem like jerks.

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

You know where you are? You're in the suburbs, baby. You're gonna drive.

The only place i have tried more tabletop games in a shorter period of time than TTS is the tabletop room at PAX.

Hell, TTS got me to buy this game (including expansions) while at PAX East this year (well, TTS and the 50% discount I got for being an Enforcer): http://gamesalute.com/AlienFrontiers

physys
Jun 20, 2011
Anyone interested in some Cards Against Humanity or Superfight?

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER

physys posted:

Anyone interested in some Cards Against Humanity or Superfight?

Protip: Black Cards Against Humanity + Red Apples to Apples is good fun and not so reliant on boring CAH shock value.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Kind of cool that some board game devs are ok with them existing, though those Netrunner guys seem like jerks.

That's Fantasy Flight games. They have a history of being total jerks in an exciting variety of ways.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Okay, so everyone who wishes to play should join the CTS Mumble server. For our purposes, we shall use the "Das uboot" channel near to the bottom of the channel list. Anybody is welcome to join, all that is needed is Tabletop Simulator itself.

Oh so you're the guy who added me, the past couple days I've just been waiting for a sketchy trade request. :v:

Laruzia
Sep 29, 2014
Hey there folks!
Me and couple of other goons are looking for Ca$h N Gun$ for playing and perhaps streaming in near future. Seen videos on YouTube, but does anybody happen to know where to get one or have one uploaded? Thanks =)

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

Yo, in case anyone still follows this thread, and plays Carcassonne:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=529976939

I've started uploading some of the fan content for it, including stuff like expansions that add Rivers, Mountains and Forests as features.

It has 520-ey tiles right now, with a lot of smaller and larger expansions to choose from, and going to add more later, I suppose.

The T
May 29, 2010

A sufficiently chaotic system is maximally fair.

And with the help of the above poster, I've completely ported every single last official (and dubiously official) Carcassonne tile and chit. Hopefully linking this sort of stuff isn't :filez:, but if it is I'll gladly remove the link. Otherwise, check it out: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=534335964

Solis
Feb 2, 2011

Now you can take this knowledge and turn it into part of yourself.
I got all excited and bought this game before subsequently realising that I have no friends who are interested in its purchase so I don't actually have anyone to play it with. Is there a channel or group for people who want to run board games on TTS?

The T
May 29, 2010

Solis posted:

I got all excited and bought this game before subsequently realising that I have no friends who are interested in its purchase so I don't actually have anyone to play it with. Is there a channel or group for people who want to run board games on TTS?

This may not be what you're looking for, but I'm currently running a Let's Play Tabletop Simulator and we're always looking for new players, if you're up for recording video and audio and generally trying to be vaguely entertaining.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Solis posted:

This is exactly what I thought when I bought it months ago, then someone on my friends list saw me playing it and grabbed it so we could play chess n poo poo from a few states away while drinking beers and watching dumb music videos on the built in tablet.

If you play it, they will come.

Solis
Feb 2, 2011

Now you can take this knowledge and turn it into part of yourself.

The T posted:

This may not be what you're looking for, but I'm currently running a Let's Play Tabletop Simulator and we're always looking for new players, if you're up for recording video and audio and generally trying to be vaguely entertaining.

Your LP actually was one of the reasons I ended up picking it up since you guys made it look pretty easy to get into. I'd need to figure out how to record though.

The T
May 29, 2010

Solis posted:

Your LP actually was one of the reasons I ended up picking it up since you guys made it look pretty easy to get into. I'd need to figure out how to record though.

I've been intending to write up a recording guide, but I've just been lazy as poo poo. Hoping to do it next week.

zerosix
Jun 22, 2012
yo, I just wana say that i that im posting this with friends from the ingame web browser ingame. This game is awesome.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
The fact that the tablet works as well as it does and syncs up is pretty loving awesome. I've actually been playing a SHITTON of this recently with an IRC group and occasionally my moved-away college buddies. There are so many games that are great for pickup games.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
Stream tabletop sim on twitch and open the twitch channel on the tablet in game!

:aaaaa:

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
I really should get into playing this more, played epic spell battles once and it was fun, and heard secret hitler was tonnes of fun.

I should pretty much always be up for playing.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Crimor/

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

I got into my car and ate my chalupa with a feeling of accomplishment.
Any goons still play TTS? I'd be down to play pretty much anything, especially stuff like 7 wonders, puerto rico, etc.

steamcommunity.com/id/breadblade

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem
I've got it, and I kinda want to play with others, but so far, I've mostly just used it for jigsaw puzzles and solitaire.

steamcommunity.com/id/datasmurf

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof
Not sure if anyone here has ever played Dominion. Its a neat deck-building card game.

I've been messing around with the LUA scripting and tried making a scripted version of it. http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=670311142

It doesn't have any of the expansions yet, but if you like the game check it out and let me know how it is.

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

I got into my car and ate my chalupa with a feeling of accomplishment.
Hey all, I made a thread in PGS (and a Discord) to help organize some goon TTS sessions. Could we get this added to the OP?

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3777171

Elukka
Feb 18, 2011

For All Mankind

I'm trying to prototype my game in this to see how it would actually work on a table. I have like a hundred tokens I need to get in, and it seems for each I have to import the model, import its texture, set the material settings... individually. And none of the settings are persistent so I have to reset them for everything I import.

Before I embark on a few hours of tedium and probably give myself carpal tunnel syndrome, is there any better way to do this?

The T
May 29, 2010

It really depends. Are they all the same model, just different textures? If so, you could copy and paste one, and then change the texture on it; all the other values should stay the same.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elukka
Feb 18, 2011

For All Mankind
Yeah, it's the same model for most of them. Didn't realize I could change the texture. That alone probably halves my required clicks. Thanks!

e:

:haw:

Elukka fucked around with this message at 13:39 on May 30, 2016

• Locked thread