Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I don't have this game yet, and can't check the workshop right now, but I'm really hoping that Survive! Escape from Atlantis, Betrayal at House on the Hill, Space Alert, and a game from my childhood, Dark World end up being remade.

For reference: http://youtu.be/nu5rc0BpxZo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Edit:^^^ (Thanks for checking! I was able to have a quick look and found even more games I'd love to play.)

Holy gently caress, I'm absolutely blown away by not only how many games have been modded in, but the level of quality for a lot of them is astounding.

I need this game in my life.

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Jan 3, 2015

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

:toot: Was just gifted this game by a friend of mine. Can't wait to check it out tomorrow and download everything from the workshop.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Teeter posted:

I'd love to get some BSG going and have led many groups of friends so I'm pretty good about getting it to run smoothly (Base game only though, never played expansions).

Is this the only thread about Tabletop Simulator? I'm surprised that it's the only thing I've found and it's pretty dead. I just picked this game up and have been very impressed with it, I just need more people to play things with!

e: This thread is so old, there have been a ton of improvements to the game. A deck builder has been incorporated, items can be semi-locked so that they don't get knocked over, and a tablet has been added for in-game web browsing. I played some games with a friend yesterday where we were able to bring up rules using the tablet and leave it on the table as a quick reference so it works great. You can also use it to access youtube playlists or other sites for streaming music that everyone can hear.

Yeah, I don't know why this thread doesn't get more love, this seems to be the game that keeps on giving, and the modding community is really knocking it out of the park. I've already downloaded pretty much every single one of my favourite games.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Roluth posted:

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/satabletopsimulator

Have a Steam group. If anyone has any ideas for events or the group icon, I would take suggestions.

Grenade chess piece.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

We ought to organise some Chaos in the Old World or Battlestar Galactica. I'm usually around 19:00 GMT every day.

I don't know how to play either of these games, but I'm down.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Rock Paper Shotgun (yeah yeah, I know) has an article up all about the legalities of TTS mods 'ripping off' real boardgames.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015/06/11/tabletop-simulator-mods-copyright/

Kind of cool that some board game devs are ok with them existing, though those Netrunner guys seem like jerks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Solemn Sloth posted:

Any recommendations for some well realised local multiplayer games?(so preferably no hidden information like player hands).

I've built a digital tabletop thing mainly for rpg's (just a table with an inlaid monitor), but would like to give it a shot with some TTS too

I played Sorry with a friend, it was good fun. Only applicable if like Sorry, though.

• Locked thread