Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Smoremaster
Aug 5, 2009

Don't forget to source your quotes!
This game is great, I've been spending way too much time making custom decks:

Mille Bornes, though the quality is inconsistent because I couldn't find good high res images of all the cards. Works well enough though.

Scopa, based on the traditional Neapolitan art. Found a nice high res source for this one, and was able to make it look even better in Photoshop.

Cards Against Humanity. I wasn't happy with the existing version on Nexus, which is the one that every game I've joined uses, because the resolution is poo poo and the whole thing looks kind of slapped together. I went to the website and used their official pdf to make high res cards. Huge pain in this rear end but it looks pretty.

It's tedious, but it's worth it. I can't wait for custom pieces and placemats. I want to play Carcassonne or Puerto Rico. :getin:

edit: One thing that's been bothering me is that the lighting is pretty dim in most of the backgrounds, except the field one. Forgot to change to that background before taking my screenshots.

Smoremaster fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Apr 22, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smoremaster
Aug 5, 2009

Hat Thoughts posted:

Did you upload these?
For now I have them hosted on imgur for my own use, but I might upload them somewhere else or provide the links here if there's any interest.

Prokhor posted:

So how does this actually play like usability stuff? I guess you can have a hand that only you can see right can send / call cards to that hand. How about zones? Can you designate places where cards should group up or do you always have to manually send them in? What about shuffling on the board? If you're playing CAH can you put down a bunch of cards face down and then have them shuffled?
Each player's seat at the table has a special zone near the edge of the table for the hand, but that's the only special zone on the board. Other players see the cards as blank or a custom "hidden card" image. To add a card to your hand you have to click and hold the mouse to pick it up and move it to where you want it, such as your hand, but it's easy to pick up multiple cards at once. You pretty much always have to manually manipulate the cards, aside from the host who can click a button to deal cards to players and reset the deck. If you drop one or more cards directly on another one it makes a deck that becomes one unit, which you can shuffle by grabbing the deck and wiggling your mouse back and forth. You can also lay a card partly on top of another one, like Solitaire or Rummy for instance, and it makes a neat pile that sticks together when you pick it up instead of spilling the cards everywhere like you may expect. Everything is really intuitive and manipulating the objects in the game feels very authentic. There are no rules built into the game, it's just a sandbox with toys that you can do whatever you choose with, and in place of paper you have a private notepad, as well as a public one that is displayed for all players, for displaying rules or a scoreboard or whatever (there's also talk of pen and paper or whiteboards in the future). You can even build a card house or just knock over dominoes.

If you're on the fence about the game I can honestly say it's some of the best fun I've had in years. Even playing with random pubbies is usually a blast, and there are pretty good anti-griefing measures. The only issue is that there are no dedicated servers yet, so unless the host has a good internet connection there will be lag. I've played in 8 player games with only 40 ping though, so it all depends. In a game last night I got to hear an old man yell at some kid over voice chat and call him a dickhead. That experience alone was worth the money.

If they add support for custom 3d models I am totally making Lincoln logs.

Smoremaster
Aug 5, 2009

I uploaded my Scopa deck to Nexus, if anyone wants to try it out. I will probably upload Mille Bornes tomorrow once I fix up the images a bit.

http://www.nexusmods.com/tabletopsimulator/mods/92/

Smoremaster
Aug 5, 2009

Has anyone done Puerto Rico for this yet? I think the game is finally at the stage where it's possible now. If I can find a scanner I might have a go at it.

Smoremaster
Aug 5, 2009

What kind of grognard must one be to actually play-by-post?

• Locked thread