Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mortify
Feb 4, 2005

Updated Combat Block:
pre:
Hope   						 
HP: 94/94 (THP: 0)       AC:   26    Passive Insight: 21
Surges: 9/9 (V: 23)      For:  23    Passive Perception: 27
Initiative: +17   	 Ref:  25    Action Points: [ ]
Speed: 7                 Will: 28    Vision: Low-Light
Languages: Common, Goblin

At Will			Encounter			   Daily
Bond of Pursuit         [ ] Oath of Enmity                 [ ] Aspect of Might
Overwhelming Strike     [ ] Angelic Alacrity               [ ] Bond of Foresight
                        [ ] Abjure Undead*                 [ ] Blade of Repulsion
                        [ ] Divine Guidance                [ ] Honorable Resolve
                        [ ] Second Wind                    [ ] Avenger's Readiness
                        [ ] Deathly Retort                 [ ] Belt of Sonnlinor's Righteousness (Item)
                        [ ] Blade Step                     [ ] Trophy Choker (Item)
                        [ ] Iaijutsu                       [ ] Antipathy Gloves (Item)
                        [ ] Dark Reaping                   [ ] Helm of Seven Deaths (Daily)
                        [ ] Deliverance of Faith
                        [ ] Delayed Reaction Cut
                        [ ] SM Honor Blade (Item)
                        [ ] Boots of Sand & Sea (Item)
                        [ ] Helm of Seven Deaths (Enc)

Triggers:
Initiative Rolled: Hope slides 4 squares toward most threatening enemy, if ending adjacent to any enemy gain +2 attack against that enemy before EONT.
Hope goes before all enemies in Init order: Hope's crit range is 18-20 for her first attack.
Takes 30+ damage: Once per encounter, if enemy is within 20, Hope uses Deathly Retort, +18 vs Fort; on hit, enemy takes same damage as necrotic.
Hope is reduced to 0 HP by an attack at deals at least 30 damage: Once per day, creature takes the same damage as necrotic.

Item Powers:
Sentinel Marshal Honor Blade (Enc, Free): Trigger: Hit enemy with attack using weapon, gain +2 Power Bonus to Defs vs. enemy UEONT.
Boots of Sand & Sea (Enc, Free): Gain +5 Athletics to swim.
Belt of Sonnlinor's Righteousness (Daily, No Action): Trigger: Reduced to 0 by attack, attacker takes same damage, no save.
Trophy Choker (Daily, Free, Trigger on Init): Adds +1 to the Critical Hit Range of an attack until the first crit.
Antipathy Gloves (Daily, Standard): Ranged 10 attack, +13 vs. Reflex; on hit, target is restrained (save ends).
Helm of Seven Deaths (A/W, Minor): Learn a bloodied creature's current HP.
Helm of Seven Deaths (A/W, Free, 1/turn): Capture the soul of a create slain this turn. Can store 7 souls.
Helm of Seven Deaths (Enc, Minor): Consume 2 souls to regain 11 HP.
Helm of Seven Deaths (Daily, Minor): Consume 7 souls to maximize 4 dice on the next damage roll.
Flask of the Veiled Horde (Daily, Minor): Create a shadow duplicate of Hope (minion, ACFRW 24/22/24/20), attacks on Hope's turn. +13 vs. Reflex for 9 necrotic. On death, all adjacent creatures take 9 necrotic.

Addnl Powers:
Delayed Reaction Cut (Enc, Free, Trigger): Adds +2 to the Critical Hit Range of an attack. Can cause an attack to retroactively Crit (can be triggered AFTER attack roll.) Add +1d12 to the attack.

Conditionals/Resists:
Undead: Hope is considered both a living creature, and an undead creature for any effects.
Unnatural Vitality: When reduced to 0 HP or less, Hope is instead dazed until failing 2 death saves.
Resist All: 10 when at 0 HP or less.
+2 AC when bloodied.
+2 all saves when bloodied.
+2 all defenses against OAs.
+5 to death saves.
Reduce non-minion enemy to 0 HP: Hope gains 8 THP, may slide 1 square. 
Antipathy: Enemies must spend 1 extra square of movement to enter squares adjacent to Hope.

Also, wishlist should be pretty easy:
  • Sentinel Marshall Honor Fullblade +4 - upgrade to existing
  • Bloodthread Mindweave Armor +4 - upgrade to existing
  • Iron Armbands of Power (Paragon) - upgrade to existing
  • Greaves of the Maldeen (Paragon) - replacement to existing boots
  • Belt of Sonnilinor Righteousness (Paragon) - upgrade to existing belt
  • Gauntlets of Blood (Paragon) - replacement to existing gloves
  • Ring of Giants (Paragon)

Mortify fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Jan 29, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArkInBlack
Mar 22, 2013
Mort do you need Sully to cover you at all or can I bail out without worrying about Hope?

Mortify
Feb 4, 2005

I can teleport, so I'm probably fine. Was my plan for this turn since we're all moving south.

ArkInBlack
Mar 22, 2013

Doomykins posted:

(where my bakas at)

Right that's what I was forgetting! Post up after work today.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
Was waiting for people to move before I do some healer triage cause I'm not really in the mood to rush forward into melee alone like an idiot.

Mortify
Feb 4, 2005

Doomykins posted:

I'm the biggest idiot ever.

Wow dude don't harsh on yourself so hard.

OzCavalier
Jun 6, 2006

SON OF BITCH!
[LEFT HOOK]
I'm kind of confused...

The previous update says that the mob at H-3 (adjacent to me) is dead, but this latest one seems to indicate it is still alive...

Can you confirm which mobs are up and what their statuses are?

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
-H3 was killed.

H-3 is alive.

OzCavalier
Jun 6, 2006

SON OF BITCH!
[LEFT HOOK]

Doomykins posted:

-H3 was killed.

H-3 is alive.

what's it's staus? Can't find it listed in any of the mob lists?

Doomykins posted:

: Umber Lurker
HP: 43
-H3: DEAD
K-3: 11/43, Bloodied
-F-9: 37/43 HP
-F-2: DEAD
A-6: DEAD
AC/F/R/W: 24/25/26/20, Atk +17
Charge: +5 Atk, 2d8+12 + 3 Bleeding(HP/THP Gain Ends)
Boulder Toss: +14, 1d8+8
Hunting Dog: As an Immediate Reaction, Lurkers will attempt to Charge enemies that Shift near them

: Umber Hulk
HP: 72
-B-5: 43/72 HP
C-7 -> E-7: 32/72 HP, Bloodied, Dazed, On Fire
C-7(New): 58/72 HP, On Fire
-F-6 -> -A-9: 66/72 HP
-H-5 -> -D-6: 35/72 HP, Bloodied
-F-3 -> -E3: 10/72 HP, Bloodied
E-7 -> G-7: 14/72 HP, Bloodied, Dazed, On Fire
AC/F/R/W: 28/27/24/24
Seize: +15 vs Fortitude, 1d8+10 + Grapple
Boulder Toss: +14, 1d8+8

: Umber Surrogate
HP: 54
L-8 -> I-7: 31/54 HP
AC/F/R/W: 26/25/25/29
Gaze: +15 vs Will, 2d6+6 Fire/Psychic Damage + Debuff (1: Slowed UEONT 2: ??? 3: Vuln 5 UEONT)

it's using the same pogs as the Umber Lurkers, but the only one of those that's up is at K-3 which, at least by my calcuations, is 3 squares away from me (and overlapping one of the Umber Surrogates)...

or am I reading the map wrong???

[Edit:] Also, how did I get shifted to G-1 anyway? My last move action was to go to F-1, so unless Sully shoved me while he was also moving into the same square...??

OzCavalier fucked around with this message at 15:09 on Feb 10, 2016

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

K-3 becomes H-3 which Hope kills, then.

You were moved to the closest square due to trying to move onto a square that was occupied by a NPC, most likely.

OzCavalier
Jun 6, 2006

SON OF BITCH!
[LEFT HOOK]

Doomykins posted:

You were moved to the closest square due to trying to move onto a square that was occupied by a NPC, most likely.

Square was empty prior to my move, nearest NPC was Dolos in F-3. I was in the square for a full turn before Sully's move (here's another map view). Then Fia and Kiwi moved (Kiwi getting 'thrown' by Dolos to avoid an attack).

My next post was a single attack (throwing shield), no movement. Sully then moves to F-1, which is where I was, and suddenly I'm now in G-1...

[Edit:] Nevermind. I'll go from G-1. Will put a post up when I get home from work later (about 10 hours or so)

OzCavalier fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Feb 10, 2016

ArkInBlack
Mar 22, 2013
There's at least twenty three enemies on the map, eleven allies, Dolos, and Walter. I think it's impressive that the only error that is visible/matters so far has been two characters in squares the other should be in.

Edit:Also the second mister "more vowels and apostrophes than consonants" appears we should break through the attackers and beat the crap out of him.

ArkInBlack fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Feb 10, 2016

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

I shifted you up one square because it fitted your previous intent to guard the entryway and allowed Sully to complete his move.

I'm remembering week old decisions here and started saving more map caps between steps to help with that.

ArkInBlack posted:

eleven allies, Dolos, and Walter.

Laughing pretty hard.

OzCavalier
Jun 6, 2006

SON OF BITCH!
[LEFT HOOK]

Doomykins posted:

I shifted you up one square because it fitted your previous intent to guard the entryway and allowed Sully to complete his move.

I'm remembering week old decisions here and started saving more map caps between steps to help with that.

Laughing pretty hard.

It's all good. I blame my OCD/perfectionist nature. As I said in my edit, I'll go from G-1, and have a post up as soon as I get home from work..

OzCavalier
Jun 6, 2006

SON OF BITCH!
[LEFT HOOK]
The portcullis operated by the lever (to close off the room) would fall at G0 (between Hope and me), correct?

[To clarify: If I move into that square to block the stairs and someone else pulls the lever (since a DC25 Athletics check is impossible for me - would need a roll of 22+, even with my modifier) the gate would close ontop of me, rather than between me and the mob at F-2 (that attacked me)..?]

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Yes, G0.

OzCavalier
Jun 6, 2006

SON OF BITCH!
[LEFT HOOK]
Thought so.

Also, that standard action attack on the F-2 mob attacking me is in addition to my normal roster of actions for the round?

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Yes. When you guys leave actions hanging I'm giving benefit of the doubt by assuming Readied Actions if possible.

OzCavalier
Jun 6, 2006

SON OF BITCH!
[LEFT HOOK]
Sorry guys... having a few personal issues at the moment, so posting might be sporadic for a bit until I get poo poo sorted...

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Hey Ark if you can scootcher rear end over to C7 I can give you, Korinna, Dolos, and Fia an extra bite at the giant bug apple.

Mortify
Feb 4, 2005

Kurieg - Assuming the granted MBA has to be against the Goliath?

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Yes

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Can you guys please kill this motherfucker so I can go stabilize the dying people?

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

:suspense:

ArkInBlack
Mar 22, 2013
Post coming after work, pc's not loading images on the forum right now so I can't see the map. Probably not gonna punch Dhalabi because it's not likely for Sully to punch through that DR.

Mortify
Feb 4, 2005

I could make pretty good use of a ring (another +6 damage on my already stacked crits), gauntlets (+1d8 all attacks), and armbands (+4 damage all attacks). Open to discussion.

ArkInBlack
Mar 22, 2013
I want something to keep people from teleporting out of Sully's hands while he applies a camel clutch.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Well, the Prelate's Amulet is basically mine regardless.. I can't remember what Will's current holy symbol does but Someone else might get better use out of that generic implement.

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.
Similarly, I think I'll take the Bracers of Archery 'cause I'm the only Archer. Other than that, I'll take whatever's left.

pre:
Lucan   						 
HP: 91/91 (THP:  )       AC:   28    Passive Insight: 23
Surges: 8/8 (V: 22)      For:  28    Passive Perception: 32
Initiative: +13   	 Ref:  29    Action Points: 2
Speed: 7     	         Will: 30    Vision: Low-Light
Languages: Common, Elven

At Will			Encounter			     Daily
Agile Recovery          [ ] Bonds of Moonlight               [ ] Encaging Spirits
Grappling Spirits       [ ] Disruptive Strike                [ ] Spitting-Cobra Stance
Hunter's Quarry         [ ] Elven Accuracy                   [ ] Springback Shot
Twin Strike             [ ] Feywild Jaunt                    [ ] Swarming Bats
                        [ ] Horned Fey's Visage
                        [ ] Inevitable Shot
                        [ ] Perfect Aim
                        [ ] Possessing Spirits
                        [ ] Second Wind
                        [ ] Stab and Shoot
                        [ ] Surefooted Stride
                        [ ] Weave Through The Fray

Item Powers
[ ] Bracers of Archery (Daily)
[ ] Gorgonskin Armor   (Daily)
[ ] Steadfast Amulet   (Daily)

Ranged Basic Attack: 1d20+20 vs AC, 1d12+13 damage, and the target is slowed and can't shift UEONT.
Conditions: (+2 damage if the target is not adjacent to any other creature, +2 damage if they're bloodied)

Conditionals/Resists:
Bloodiron Greatbow On a crit, the target takes 3d10 extra damage SONT.
Boots of the Fencing Master: When you shift, gain +1 AC/Ref.
Brutal Accuracy: If the rerolled attack granted by elven accuracy hits your quarry, the attack deals extra damage.
Defensive Mobility: You gain a +2 bonus to AC against opportunity attacks.
Distant Advantage: Gain combat advantage with ranged and area attacks against flanked enemies.
Explorer: You can tell which way is north and get a +5 bonus on skill checks to avoid becoming lost.
Also, your group's travel speed increases by 1 and you get a +2 bonus to saving throws against ongoing poison damage.
Group Awareness: Non-elf allies within 5 squares gain a +1 racial bonus to Perception.
Inevitable Volley: You can make two RBAs against different targets with Inevitable Shot.
Opportunity Fire: Use a bow to make OAs. This does not provoke OAs in turn.
Rapid-fire Action: When you spend an action point to take an extra action, you can use a bow
to make an RBA as a free action before or after taking the extra action 
Resilient Focus: You gain a +2 bonus to saving throws.
Superior Will: If you are dazed or stunned, you can make a saving throw at the start of your turn to end that effect,
even if the effect doesn't normally end on a save.
Volcanic Belt of Vim: 15 Fire resist.
Wild Step: Ignore difficult terrain when you shift. 

Wahad fucked around with this message at 09:56 on Apr 11, 2016

ArkInBlack
Mar 22, 2013
Okay, while denying an enemy a teleport is rad, Quickstride boots would let me slap another +8 to hit and damage onto goblin punch, which means with Move->Quick->Charge that's +26 to hit and damage, which is hella dumb and probably shouldn't happen. As an example, Charge to Glory with that chain would be +49 v AC, 2d8+38 damage, with Furious Assault and Ironwolf Charge it'd be 3d8+2d6+38 damage with an Area push and attack penalty to not the target. And I've used Water Walking a grand total of once, when it didn't really matter. And I'm doing jack all with my minor most turns anyway.

pre:
Sullivan Schmidt   						 
HP: 106/106 (THP: 0)      AC:   30    Passive Insight: 18
Surges: 10/10 (V: 22)     For:  34    Passive Perception: 22
Initiative: +11           Ref:  27    Action Points: 2
Speed: 8 (10 w/Charge)    Will: 23    Vision: Low-Light
Languages: Common, Giant

At Will			Encounter			     Daily
Grappling Strike        [ ] Iron Wolf Charge                 [ ] Seize and Stab
Dual Strike             [ ] Furious Assault                  [ ] Rain of Steel
                        [ ] Stranglehold                     [ ] Goblin Punch Technique (Item) 
                        [ ] Forceful Drag                    [ ] Charging Bull Stance (Item)
                        [ ] Second Wind                      [ ] Red Wrap (Item)
                        [ ] Funneling Flurry                 [ ] Steadfast Amulet (Item)
                        [ ] Makeshift Shield                 [ ] Staggering Blow
                        [ ] Come and Get It
                        [ ] Determination
                        [ ] Body Shield
                        [ ] Charge to Glory
                        [ ] Pride
                        [ ] Screaming Scale Armor (Item)
Things I Really Need To Remember:
Half-Orc Resilience: First time Sully's bloodied in an encounter he gains 10 THP
Inescapable Hold: Escape Attempts using Acrobatics use Sully's Fort instead of Ref for the DC
Wrestling Gloves: +1 item bonus to all defenses against grab escape attempts, grab attack rolls, and saving throws to catch self when falling
Ki Focus Expertise: +2 damage to bloodied enemies
World Serpent's Grasp: Slowed/Immobile Enemies Sully hits can be knocked Prone
Pin Down: Enemies Sully's grabbing cannot stand up from Prone until they escape.
Shoes of Water Walking: Sully can walk on water.
Crushing Pin: Whenever an enemy grabbed by Sully attempts and fails to escape, they take Sully's Dex Mod (+4) damage.
Daunting Challenge: Sully's mark penalty is -3
Danger Sense: Roll twice for Initiative.

E:Formatting fixes

ArkInBlack fucked around with this message at 08:40 on Mar 31, 2016

Mortify
Feb 4, 2005

ArkInBlack posted:

Okay, while denying an enemy a teleport is rad, Quickstride boots would let me slap another +8 to hit and damage onto goblin punch, which means with Move->Quick->Charge that's +26 to hit and damage, which is hella dumb and probably shouldn't happen. As an example, Charge to Glory with that chain would be +49 v AC, 2d8+38 damage, with Furious Assault and Ironwolf Charge it'd be 3d8+2d6+38 damage with an Area push and attack penalty to not the target. And I've used Water Walking a grand total of once, when it didn't really matter. And I'm doing jack all with my minor most turns anyway.

How about I take a ring and the armbands, you take the boots and gauntlets for the teleport denial. Hope has 0 issues following her targets as a result of class features, I was just attracted to the +1d8 arcane damage.

As to the symbol, I could make use of it, I have a standard Holy Symbol, but I have exactly 1 implement power presently. The daily power would let me share a 31 Will Defense with the group though.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

There's only five of you, Sully can get two things. I also like that you'd make a wombo out of my homebrew, it makes me feel good about the original Goblin loot design!

Also post IC ya goofs. We're moving kinda slow the last month for no real reason. And Plutonis should post in general. I was thinking of bringing in a new person or two. I'd save Korinna's spot for letting me know originally that they would be gone for awhile. Silent absences... I'm not a fan. :P

Get the party back to six active PCs, wouldn't mind being at seven if Korinna comes back.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

And sheets aren't accurate so I'm just setting everybody at 2 action points.

Mortify
Feb 4, 2005

Doomykins posted:

And sheets aren't accurate so I'm just setting everybody at 2 action points.

:eyepop: Well then I guess I'm actually just a blender. :hist101:

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

I mean you have 2 right now ding dong, one to use per encounter. :mad:

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I'm not feeling into the game anymore so I'm dropping.

ArkInBlack
Mar 22, 2013
I'm still here and reading everything, I just... cannot find a satisfying way for Sully to react to this? Drawin' a big ol' blank for like a week and it sucks.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Current team is Hope(Striker, Avenger), Lucan(Controller/Striker, Seeker/Ranger), Sully(Defender, Fighter), William(Leader, Warpriest.) We also have Korinna(Defender, Paladin) but they're AFK for quite awhile now.

Looking for a pure Controller and one anything else, with another pure Defender or Leader being a good pick up or maybe a Hybrid. Post here or PM me with questions and what not. Post at least once a week or post OOC why you're absent or it'll bug me. Combat rounds are usually within 2-4 days, think I'm going to go back to a hard 3 day cycle and then just skipping the absentees(I'll do actions for you if you tell me you'll be busy that round!)

I don't like AFKs, that's about it. Hoping to pick within a week or so.

Chargen:

Level 14
Point Buy 22
Themes and Backgrounds: Yes and don't worry about matching them to the setting, just bonus numbers
Inherent Bonuses: Yes
Bonus Feats: 2, use them on anything
No Dragonmarks
Items: 1x Level 15, 1x Level 14, 1x Level 13, 3x Level 10. As always you can trade down but not up.
Races: Almost anything OK, Eladrin/Elves/Half-Elves are a bit special, Eladrin must be natives of the Eastern Continent. If anybody actually wants to be a Bullywug I'd be up for modifying their racials to be more useful. Tieflings are usable but special(see below.) I'm also OK with some soft reskins (i.e. Half-Orc or Half-Elf played as a Human, etc.)

Setting:

A thousand years ago the former material realm was forcefully joined to the Feywild, dealing impossible damage to both in the process in a disaster known as the Green Merging. To this day details of what happened are unknown and the subject of rampant speculation and myth.

The main party hails from the Shen Continent, a massive Western pangaea. It is a large land with a lot of barren space but not particularly inhospitable so long as a water source or a magical alternative is available. William and Sullivan hail from Nellen, a coastal village previously hidden from the rest of the continent for 20 years. Hope and Korinna hail from Ralzberg, a capital city home to a nomadic population: the capital is larger than the population in the wake of a great genocidal rampaging of Fey 22 years ago. Lucan hails from a secluded marsh village called Oiyen.

Shen is supposedly ruled by the Great King Shedendon-Ron, a Fey King of legendary power who "cleaned" his continent of 9 out of every 10 mortals after a Tiefling uprising 23 years ago. He vanished after crushing the land beneath "Ye King's Anger" and his daughter Sekja watches over the continent from Ralzberg, attempting to rein in Fey warlords that keep the remaining populace in a state of unease and servitude, believing they can ascend to a state of power that will earn the King's notice. When a spell shrouding Nellen from the rest of the world failed one of those warlords attacked it and was destroyed by the party, giving rise to mortal champions who stand against the anarchy.

After two years of steady peace, Sekja has reached out to the party to serve her and to seek artifacts related to an ancient scientist from before the Green Merging. They are joined by a group of champions from the Eastern Continent, known as the lands of The Mingling Courts. Great civilizations and old fey kingdoms were brought to ruin and sudden proximity by the Green Merging and the denizens of these small continents and great island chains have forged uneasy diplomatic ties to avoid perpetual warfare. Here many of the traditional Fey courts still exist.

The party now ventures into the Underdark and have run afoul of an empire of powerful Neogi who follow a wild cult of flame and a terrible martyr figure they call Emperor. Although life still exists in the shadows it clings to them tighter than ever to avoid the sudden rise of the insect horde. Now the party arrives at an ancient site forged of otherworldly metal and machinery.

Backgrounds:

I'd like anyone joining to have an immediate vested interest in something in common with the party, so here's a list of things to work with in backgrounds. Use more than one and none are mandatory, but have a good motivation for caring about anything going on in the current game. I.E. believe strongly in something whether it's mortal's right to freedom, safe sovereign rule under the fey, indepence via tieflings or even desire for power to impress somebody and try to ascend. If NOTHING else your character should have heard of a lot of these and very likely about some of the party's deeds.

Party Join Motive: To cut to the chase, you should have a reason for being in the Underdark and exploring this big crazy metal tree palace. Knowledge of the time before the Merging, looking for untapped sources of power, wanderlust, treasure, escaping from the Neogi, investigating a mystery if you're a natural denizen of the Underdark, survivor of a previous group sent to investigate the site by one of the groups or leaders below... make it happen and don't be so unsociable you wouldn't be saved.

Religion: Religion exists but worship of traditional Gods is very rare owing to so few people knowing of them in the first place. Old sites of worship are sometimes discovered and inspire but that is about it. Sometimes the ability to draw divine power is found by following living figures who acquire enough power to seem deific, such as the Great King of Shen. Most often a great Fey of the Mingling Courts grants boons to followers, or a traditional figure like Titania is worshipped.

Tieflings: If you gen a Tiefling, 23 years ago the first Tiefling was born by drinking of an unknown source of devilish blood. They quickly spread this power as a cult that claimed true freedom from Fey by becoming as powerful as they were in a way that truly threatened them. A year later a rebellion in Shen tore the continent apart and was brutally crushed by the Great King who butchered most of the land in response, prompting a large refugee movement to the Mingling Courts. Current Tieflings are surviving descendants of the original or aberrant freaks who have found an infernal source of power. Supposedly all Infernal presence in the realm is linked to Ilmater, God of Martyrs, despite direct opposition to many of his beliefs. A Tiefling called Ikora is currently spreading the blessing via her own blood in Ralzberg, promising again that this power protects from the Fey.

Shen Natives: A native of Shen can live comfortably since they presumably survived or were born after Ye King's Anger but much of their life has been spent being careful not to defy Fey masters, or under subjugation to them. Many mortals find that service to Princess Sekja of Ralzberg is typically the most fair and just they can get in Shen.

Red Crown: The last great Fey Warlord, Red Crown was destroyed when he attacked Nellen two years ago. An ascendant Red Cap, he was a terrifying creature of earthen form and bloodlust in the guise of a man, wearing a great full mask drenched in blood. Although he is thought to have kept the larger roads of Shen safe from bandits and outsiders he treated all mortals as vassals and ruled harshly against those who defied him, often with decisions that suited his mood. Victims of the Red Crown would rejoice to hear of the mortals champions that destroyed him, William the Just, Lucan the Swift and Sullivan the Strong.

Sekja: The only daughter of the Great King, Sekja rules from the city of Ralzberg and rules fairly while demanding obedience. She has a few mortal champions and a rare few ascended Fey serving her and preaches for safety and stability on the continent, guarding against the Neogi and maintaining peace with the Mingling Courts.

Bael'waag: The first son of the Great King, Bael'waag was a shadowy Fey Lord known as the Lord of Cruel Hunters. Ignoring his claim to power and not caring for anything mortals did, Bael'waag spent his life in an unknown patrol of the mysteries of Shen, destroying anyone who stumbled upon them and hunting to great extremes, often driving species extinct to find satisfaction. All most mortals know of him is a set of superstitions to follow when traveling the wilderness so as to not offend him. His death is credited to the heroes of Nellen and praised in Shen. He is largely unknown to the Mingling Court except as a temperamental figure to be wary of.

Dragonswatch: An industrious Goblin society on top of a flaming mountain, Dragonswatch is named for it's ability to muster small armies and machinery capable of defeating clutches of dragons, the act that earned it praise from the Great King generations ago. They have watched over their ancestral mountain and other things for some time until a new red baron began bossing them around. Previously known as steady traders and slavers, it is likely a few unfortunate mortals have been passed through their hands.

Mingling Courts: Eladrin and Elven characters can hail from the Eastern lands. They may also know and revere or live peacefully under societies lead by benign Fey, or even wholly autonomous mortal societies. They may also be Shen refugees who fled from Ye King's Anger 20 years ago(or their families did.) The Mingling Courts and their lands are the Courts of Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter and Night, respectfully.

Dolos the Reckoner: A champion of the Summer Court, Dolos is an ascended Fey known for destroying wicked Fey from the Underdark and Neogi warbands. He is a frequent diplomat to Shen.

Underdark: The Underdark is largely ruled by the Neogi under Emperor Helgazt and their champions always become followers of a cult of flames. Armies of giant insects and storms of fire destroy their foes ruthlessly and travelers discovered in the Underdark never receive any mercy. The Neogi enslave anyone they can find and only natural denizens of the Underdark attuned to the darkness stand a chance of evading them. Drow or similar characters may hail from the Underdark but it leads to a hard life. Victims of the Neogi would take any chance to be free.

Doomykins fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Apr 6, 2016

Mortify
Feb 4, 2005

A further note about tieflings that Doomy failed to mention: Hope (the party's Avenger) is a still living member of the original group of tieflings from 23 years ago and will not hesitate to "keep the blood strong" if you are a gently caress up, or damaging what the tieflings' cause stood for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Also William at least is not a big fan of Ikorra after she tried to use blackmail to get people to drink her blood, and the fact that her new batch of Tieflings attacked us on the road to the capitol for not paying the toll.

Also William literally tore the Red King's face off through judicious use of the Dungeoneering skill.

Also am I taking the implement now too? I've got pretty drat strong fort and will I guess.

Kurieg fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Apr 6, 2016

• Locked thread