Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

blackguy32 posted:

drat it, I keep getting confused on whether wolfenstein 2009 is worth it or not.

It's a very good game that unfortunately was a bit consolized, should probably have fleshed out its ideas more and nobody bought the game because it wasn't CoD or something. It's absolutely worth it if you can get it cheap though if I remember right, Steam no longer sells the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Contra Calculus posted:

According to the Wolfenstein wiki (yes sorry I'm going full :goonsay: ) RTCW, Wolf09 and TNO are in the same continuity, but they are completely separate from Wolf3D.

e;f;b

Also according to the Wiki, Wolfenstein and Doom are in the same continuity too for some reason.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Wolfenstein 09 has one of the most disturbing flamethrowers I've seen in a video game. The burnt bodies just looks so horrible.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

blackguy32 posted:

Apparently works of art don't have to censor the Nazi imagery, so Inglourious Basterds was uncensored. Take that, video games as art people :smug:

You also shoot people in the face and their face is pretty much caved in.

It's worse when you shoot them in the neck and they're clutching at the bullet wound while gargling.
Raven Software's games continued the violence their Soldier of Fortune games had and it looks like New Order will be just as violent.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

I'm really digging the soundtrack of New Order. Glad I stumbled upon this soundcloud.

https://soundcloud.com/neumondrecordings

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Rookersh posted:

Is that just a soundtrack of old 60's-80's songs but Germanized?

That may be the most incredible game soundtrack so far.

:v:

Yep, pretty much. It's pretty awesome.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

blackguy32 posted:

Well there are people who think Pagan Min from Far Cry 4 is not that bad of a guy. Never mind that one of the first things he does is murder a guy with a pen and have an associate of yours tortured.

It's not that people don't think he's a bad guy, it's that he's the least worst person in the entire game because everyone else is even more evil and sociopathic than Pagan Min. Ubisoft keep writing villains who somehow look good compared to the protagonists despite whatever evil acts they perform.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

They may show Dishonored 2 as well. I at least figure Doom 4 and maybe Fallout 4 will be announced.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Bushmaori posted:

I reanimate for help. Anyone with a GTX970 having massive performance issues in this game? I get around 30fps on the lowest settings with occasional freezes, it ran better on my old HD6870. I looked online and found that this is apparently a very common problem so I tried out 6 or so different fixes that people recommended and found none that work. Does anybody here have any idea how to fix this?

What have you tried? I'd recommend it's run as Administrator and you disable ingame V-Sync and replace it with driver enforced V-Sync instead.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

The game is actually using the 970, right? I've heard of some games that for whatever reason, default to onboard graphics instead of your GPU and I'm wondering if that's the case here. That or somehow the game isn't using your PCI-E bus fully, like it's running only at x1 instead of x16.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Bushmaori posted:

How would I check/ change such a thing?

Download GPU-Z and check the GPU load while you're in game. If it's awfully low yet your performance is still garbage, it must be defaulting to your integrated graphics instead of your 970.

If that is the case then you'll need to go to your Nvidia control panel, manage 3D settings and select High-performance NVIDIA processor as your preferred one.

If that still isn't the problem, the only other thing I can think of is that the card isn't getting enough power from your power supply at full load.

• Locked thread