Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

I personally enjoy that so far, it's pretty much "please help me give daddy a proper burial".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Well we now know more of Chaika. Amnesiac, engineer and out of the country before the war. It was pretty smart of the father to have doubles to protect his daughter, but why didn't he just do that for himself to escape with her?

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

I like how everyone's ignoring the crystals with eyeballs. But since each part is part of a specific magic, it can be reasonably assumed that the guy with the arms is going to be stupid strong.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Liver Disaster posted:

Chaika looked so upset. :(

To be fair if someone chopped up my dad into tacky trinkets I'd be upset too.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

paragon1 posted:

Maybe she was upset that it wasn't the whole head. "How many bits did this rear end in a top hat get chopped up into?"

With the new episode that's not the only thing she has to worry about.

Red Chaika of vengeance with team B. Including team Red there were 4 other Chaikas. All for the remains of daddy. This is the most demented family get together I've ever seen.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Adelheid posted:

This isn't really a show that I would normally follow if it hadn't been specifically recommended to me for its fight choreography. But my oh my is that ever good. I just really like every fight scene in this show. The plot isn't really anything special, but it's enough to hold my interest as to what will happen next. It's hardly the anime of the season, but I guess it's what surprised me most with its quality thus far.

Same here. It's not exactly the smartest, but it is certainly more competent than most recent action anime.

Oh good, they're not going to play the "whiny indecisive mc" card. It's not a high standard, but darn does it try to be decent.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

They're really going for the Overlord angle, where the supposed heroes get messed up after their exploits. Frederika's master fell ill and here's this guy with PTSD, stuck in a valley making others feel as betrayed as he.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Eh this was a decent filler episode.

Though I still find it strange that no one seems to know anything about Gaz other than being a mage and making everything magic related.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Serious Frolicking posted:

In the final episode, they find out that they can get really goddamn high by smoking a dead magic emperor.

And thus concludes the first Burning (Dad).

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Oh jesus all those girls in the walls :cry:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Darth Walrus posted:

I think we're all missing the most important question here. What colour Chaika is Vivi?

Obviously purple Chaika. For high class and nobility fitting of an officer. It could also be black for mourning but that would be like every Chaika.

• Locked thread