Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
Out of character discussion goes here.

Player roster @ 22 April 2014 12 January 2015

Seagull (Captain Pissweak) - Ciarán - Human Druid

At 6' Ciarán is the giant of the group. Dressed in a simple robe that conceals his leather armour he also carries a wooden shield. His greying hair betrays his mature age and he clearly has been closer to nature than most would dare. From time to time his new companion, a rat called Brown Tail, will poke her nose out of some place on his person. Despite his age, odd dress and marginal personal grooming there is something in the warmth of his green eyes that makes him immediately likeable.

Matthew Beet - Fah Ruité the Gohredo - Wood Elven Ranger

Not quite as diminutive as Lyme (Amaranth) Fah Ruité is still only 4' 5"" tall. Only recently arriving from Jurunda the Ranger has apparently been mixed up in diplomacy between Norward and the Centaurs of the plains. She is also a fan of the concealing robe, in her case it hides her fair hair and strikingly alien elven gear. Perhaps it is her youth and inexperience but there is a hesitant brashness to her demeanour that makes her very awkward to have a conversation with. In fact you'd be inclined to assume that her tales of high level diplomacy are just that. Another well armed and possibly armoured warrior she may prove to be a worthy replacement for the recently married Aello. She can certainly spill drinks just like her.

Shadoeses - Amaranth of House Marvane - :ssh: Actually Lyme of House Malvae - Elf Magic User.

A small (4' 3") studious elf who has come to Norward, from Jurunda, to study the strange ways of Humans and Dwarves and their exotic surrounds. If it wasn't concealed beneath her plain robe and hood you'd find she has auburn hair and pointy ears. Due to the extreme xenophobia in Norward she attempts to pass for a small or young human and has attached herself to a party to further her own academic ends. Perhaps her academic interests explain her companions, Tisiphone the chicken and:rip: Typhon the hawk. Should one get close enough to observe her obviously elfin features and sharp brown eyes they might also notice a certain curl to her lip that suggests that the world is not behaving to her liking, again.

Splode - Bolo (Greenfoot) - Halfling "Fighter"

A rackish fop with a black pencil mustache, slicked short back hair and outlandish clothes. Bolo certainly is 'larger than life' because at 3' 3 1/2" he is certainly the smallest of the group. Armed with a rapier and dressed in a flashy crimson hardened leather vest with an intricate pattern embossed into it. This vest is worn over a short-sleeved silk shirt, always a dark colour (deep purple being his favourite). A pair of rugged, dark green cloth trousers with leather knee pads cover his legs, and, as a halfling, he does not wear shoes. He, like Amaranth, hails from Jurunda. Perhaps they know each other?

Freudian Slip - Martha Oakenshield - Dwarf Fighter

Reflecting the increasingly ethnically diverse Norward, Martha, although a dwarf, is also a native. Her slight altitude (3' 9") is compensated for by her huge attitude. Dressed in dented banded mail and hefting a huge battle axe she is a force for righteousness, so long as that's her name. Accompanied by a Jack Russell called Jack she has quickly become fond of Aello, her fellow shield maiden.

Retiring player

ThatBastardKen - Aello "The Whirlwind" - Human Fighter

Who'd have though at a demure 4' 11" she'd be the second tallest. Dressed in Plate Mail that includes the crest of the Royal house, Aello is a fine figure of a young women. Careful how you relay that information however as she has a short temper and a keen sense of the feminist dialectic. Her Two Handed sword is kept handy for just such occasions. The youngest daughter of one of the lesser noble houses in Norward she seeks her path in the ways of adventure. She could possibly have been a great beauty as she has the classic blonde hair and brown eyes favoured by the royal court but has a tendency to trip on her ball gown and tip her goblet onto her betters. Due to her equally headstrong brother's malfeasance she was horse traded into an arranged marriage to prevent his execution. Her mother was happy but she is a sad princess now who looks after the 'Social Justice Warriors' home for beaten women and stray puppies.

So I stop making GBS threads up the AusPol social thread this is where I'll make the real pitch for the game and get us started.

Here Below are the ramblings of a senile old man

AD&D1e is the grandpappy of all role playing games. It is the one that started the 'craze'. It's immediate precursor 'Basic' D&D is the one that gave the franchise a bad name. In reality what gave the game a bad name was rules-lawyering sperg-lords who were committed to stifling any fun available. For a rough comparison/analogy. AD&D(1e) is the equivalent of a WoW Vanilla server. I personally would play the poo poo out of vanilla WoW, partly because of the stupid broken bullshit, whereas I quit Cataclysm WoW because all of the fun had been carefully homogenised out of the player experience. I stopped D&Ding around when 3rd Edition came out and I'm kindda glad I did. Feats and other stuff that means you can play a Half Were-Cat Paladin of the god of chaos is great for not 'pointlessly' stifling a game setting but when it can be abused by the original game fuckers (see above) it makes it all a bit tedious anyway.

Consequently this game will be determined via a 'the most fun trumps all' ethos. If a bizarrely arcane rule means players are forced to roleplay more/better then I'll be looking to enforce said rule. If even the same bizarrely arcane rule means someone is not having fun then it is DM fiat overruled! Hurrah! The whole of this campaign (see below) is a home brew that liberally draws upon some of the noted central stupidities of the rule set as major plot hooks. See paladins below.

The Setting for this Campaign

Play will commence for player characters in the main city of the setting, Norward. Norward is the seat of government and is ruled by the Hasplish Dynasty. The current ruler, King Stregg the Younger, is trying to stabilise the kingdom. The last king, Oblid the Fool, abused his access to the Book of Laws. The Book of Laws is an ancient and powerful artifact of Lorgist the god of order and patron of the city. Once in their reign the rightful monarch can inscribe a new law or remove an old one. Under the influence of Bronst the god of chaos Oblid inscribed a law that mandates the sins of the father must be borne by their offspring. He then murdered a noble of the court. This capital crime served to also extinguish the Dynastic line.

In a massive victory for the forces of disorder, followers of Lorgist defied the attempt by the nobles to install Stregg Hasplish as the rightful heir (His lineage is unchallenged) and a vicious civil conflict ensued. This was further fueled by the untenable position that the Royal Guard found themselves in. A warrior sect of Paladins that worship Sudinia, The goddess of light (Lawful Good), had in ancient times established a pact with the rulers of Norward whereby they were the upholders of the law and also the Royal Guard. Oblid's law forced them into a position whereby they either renounced their allegiance to the house of Law or did unspeakable deeds in the name of the law (Executing babies seemed to be a particular sticking point). Fipria the head of the Royal Guard and a devout follower of Sudinia cleverly installed what amounts to a huge 'rent a cop' army who owe their allegiance to Lorgist as the Royal Guard and spared her followers the indignity (and worse) of upholding a very (evil?) bad law. The Old Royal Guard are now effectively out of a job and work from the shadows to try and support the fledgling King Stregg.

Norward is built into the side of a massive escarpment overlooking a huge grassy plain. The highest levels are the Nobel districts, surmounted by a massive temple to Lorgist and the Royal Palace. Access to this part of the city is strictly limited via gated stairs. Below this are many different levels that are harder to characterise as an indentured servant might live close to one of the noble gates or close to the great gates that shut off access to the plains. The plains themselves are vast and inhabited by fierce wild animals and worse. If you live in the Noble district things are pretty much as they were before, except the soldiers that patrol the walls and gates are mercenaries loyal to Stregg. Lower down in the city the rule of 'law' is less well enforced and there is an uneasy truce between all of the lower city factions. Out of this chaos has come a new technology however and the Guild of Printers has (in defiance of the Mage's School which is in the nobles district) been set up. They are busily printing missives and pamphlets for the coin of any who would pay. Now established, the Norward News is widely circulated and read by all in the lower city.

It is in the Norward News that your character has seen a notice for an adventuring opportunity. Perhaps it is time for you to seek your fortune.

Oh and if you see a Goblin/Orc/Ogre etc. it's probably a hallucination.

Administration

If you want to discuss a ruling or an element of the setting please do so by PM to the DM (me) or put it in the peanut gallery section first linked.

Character creation is the first area open for discussion so I'll start it in the appropriate thread.

I haven't found a dice roller that is share-able so I'll be proposing a solution in the appropriate thread. Here's a roller in any case: http://www.wizards.com/dnd/dice/dice.htm

Here is your character sheet blank (Haven't found a sharable version and we're going for a level of clunk): http://www.enworld.org/forum/rpgdownloads.php?do=download&downloadid=890

Fill it in in pencil. I will also hold a copy. In the event of a dispute the information on my copy will be the correct information.

A short individual adventure for each player will then happen to draw us to the formation of 'the party™'.

Play will proceed as free form as possible until a combat is declared then it goes to strict turns. Unless you announce an action for each turn (in combat) you will either (DMs choice) do nothing or perform an action in keeping with your character/alignment/knowledge/abilities and past form.

All posts in this thread will be:

Header - <Character Name>

I do it, think it or want to mention it OOC

I say it, even if it is a whisper

Unless in combat several and unequal amounts of posts are available as the player desires.

Cartoon fucked around with this message at 10:26 on Jan 30, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

"I'm an archivist. I'm archiving."
Martha

Martha sits uncomfortably on a chair far too big for her. Jack, lays on the ground underneath Martha swinging legs. Jack is looking at the man sitting across from them with interest. While the chair for this man is the right size for him, he looks just as uncomfortable as Martha sitting on it. Martha is repeating the man's name "Ciar'an" in her head trying to commit it to memory. Something she often struggles to do.

Just then, Feavle the printer enters the room with another would be adventurer.

Feavle says "Amaranth this is Ciar'an and Martha. Others will join you soon. Farwell."

Martha looks at the new adventurer and is unable to tell anything about them. Already uncomfortable with the silence in the room she hands Amaranth a flyer that she recently printed. It has "SMASH THE PATRIARCHY" written in bold font at the top.

Hi, I am Martha and this is Jack

pointing to the dog underneath her chair

and that is Ciar'an

pointing to the man in the other chair

Freudian Slip fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Apr 24, 2014

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
Ciarán gives the slightest of nods to acknowledge the others in the room and then focuses on the dog, trying to determine whether it's there of its own free will.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Amaranth AKA Lyme

The elf you know as Amaranth is left standing uncomfortably for a long moment, before making an almost-desperate lunge for a seat. She takes the offered flyer and smiles encouragingly(?) through the introductions.

Greetings fellow adventurers, I am Amaranth of Jurunda, an elf. I come from the mage tower of Jurunda. I am joining this expedition because I love adventure and wish to document the unique phenomena we may encounter.

A chicken's head pokes out from her bag then disappears.

This is my chicken Tisiphone, please do not eat it.

Amaranth scans the flyer and puts it in her bag. She seems to size up the other two and looks unhappy, but keeps trying to smile. The human is staring at the dog, so she turns to the dwarf.

What brings a fair dwarf lady such as yourself to this city?

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

Martha

Ha, no one ever has called me fair before. Not even my own mum or dad, the gods bless them.

I grew up in this city, down in the Dwarvern district.

What brings you to the city all the way from Jarunda?

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Amaranth AKA Lyme

To Martha
As one of the highest-achieving students of the tower, I chose to complete my formal education in a more exciting locale. In particular, I am to document unusual creatures, artifacts, and other phenomena. Norward and environs would do well enough, but an exploratory excursion such as this should prove even more educational.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
Ciarán

You two ladies speak of places of which I know little; may I inquire more as to the Dwarven districts of Norward and the Elven land of Jurunda?

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
At the invitation, Amaranth lights up and starts talking hard and fast.

Jurunda is a grand plateau, sitting atop cliffs and slopes somewhat like those surrounding Norward, but far more extreme. This in turn prevents the bandits, beasts and miscreants inhabiting the plains from threatening the upper lands. While Norward is a dense hive built up on itself, on Jurunda the settlements sprawl out with gardens, fields and orchards. As the land is peaceful and serene, there is little concern of attack so only minor defenses such as low stone walls are used. Jurunda is also unique in that it possesses great forests, which many of the great Elven cities reside in, and where it is said the first Elves appeared after the first sunrise. The woodlands are truly wondrous, you could walk for days without seeing another elf, never being struck by harsh sunlight of freezing rain...

And she just keeps going :stonk:

...and because of the safety of the plateau and relative dangers of the lowlands, attempts at exploratory research are rarely attempted, therefore expeditions such as my own are of the greatest academic importance.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
The door opens again and Feavle shows in Aello, a strapping young woman in heavy armour, carrying a sword as tall as she is and sundry other arms. He makes introductions and bows out again.

Sorry to interrupt, but I presume that you are all here to join me in exploration, adventure and thrilling intrigue, all to be reported to our generous sponsors at the Guild?

She picks her way carefully over to a chair and sits with practiced caution

Please, continue your conversation.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
After a short time the door opens yet again and Feavle returns with an extremely dapper looking halfling.

Feavle: Bolo this is Ciarán (the man), Martha (the dwarf), Amaranth (the elf) and Aello (the woman). I think that should do for a start.

Feavle takes a moment to compose himself.

It is now up to you five to determine what you are to do. You can do anything that is likely to provide worthwhile material. Our readers, of course, like you, love thrilling tales and strange events, but not everything needs to be as such. Due to the inexperienced nature of your group it may be wise to start small. Perhaps there is some matters of interest within Norward? An outsider's view point can be fascinating. You will each receive 2 gold per week and may be recompensed for reasonable expenses beyond this. The submission of receipts is of course required. If you wish us to fund a venture up front then the submission of a detailed proposal including specific objectives will be required. Tedious I know.

Now I need a person to be your representative. They will be the person we seek, in the first instance, for delivery of material. I only need remain so long as to hear your selection but can also stay for questions and advice if that would be of service. You first material will be due in two weeks time unless your project makes this too unreasonable a request. The party that has headed West submitted a very entertaining account of the preparations for their journey even before their departure. Perhaps you read it? No matter.

Feavle sits and attempts to be inconspicuous.

[OOC: The material/story need not actual be written in real terms, that would be tedious. Just an outline for each submission would be fine. (eg) Nesting behaviours of the tawny thrush as observed in the lower foothills of the Spire Mountains would cover a week. If someone want's to write up an actual story who am I to say no? It's not actually a requirement here in AD&D1e AusPol land.

Lastly, as this is like the introduction post point doing a c/p of any of the description material you have already provided in pm or the other thread would be great.]

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak
Bolo

I would be happy to assume the responsibility of representative for the party. I don't mean to take a leadership position, just that I would be happy to compile the material for our friends at the Guild
He winks at Feavle.

As for adventuring ideas, I'm afraid I don't know enough about Norward to recommend anything small, but I can tell you from experience that any trip across the plains is full of... Adventure.

Bolo takes a seat.

OOC: Edit- Formatting

Splode fucked around with this message at 11:21 on Apr 24, 2014

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
A painting on one of the walls tends to bear out Bolo's statement

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

that is pretty :black101:

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Amaranth AKA Lyme

Amaranth is sitting still and staring, all this haggling, deal-making and jostling for positions is beyond her, and she knows almost nothing about Norward. :stare:

Description:
She is an elf mage from Jurunda recently arrived in Norward. She has reddish-brown hair in a practical ponytail and brown eyes. She is short even for an elf, only slightly taller than Martha the dwarf, but probably half as heavy, or less. She is wearing a fine dark green dress with matching cloak and hood. Being in a land filled with non-elves seems to make her highly withdrawn or uncomfortable.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Aello

Very good, master Bolo, you can act as our chronicler. My penmanship leaves a lot to be desired, as my mother would surely tell you!

Aello laughs heartily at her own joke.

If we want to consider operating within the walls of Norward I must advise you to be cautious, we are in what the sages would call interesting times. It's my opinion that we should search for a quest that takes us out into the wilds, where our foes will be more obvious.

She looks at Lyme

Mistress Amaranth, you are a scholar of some kind, yes? Do you have an interest in anything that might lead us to gold or glory?

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Mistress Aello, I have considerable scholastic experience, but Norward is largely unknown to me. I would personally prefer, initially at least, a 'quest' inside the walls. Though there are doubtlessly dangers within the city, they surely cannot compare to that of the vast plains, so some preparation and practice beforehand would be most prudent.

She stares a bit at Bolo.

I will also support the halfling Bolo as representative.

This is probably the largest group of non-elves she has ever spoken to.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
Feavle looks loathed to speak up but gently interjects.

Excuse my interruption if you will. There are many options that I could suggest. Perhaps an interesting starter would be to take the trip to the Dwarven lands via a windroller. It is barely a fifth the length of the trip to Jurunda. If this seems too dangerous there are many minor annoyances within the city walls that may prove popular, with our readership. Nobody likes rats. Some areas of the city are afflicted. Others complain that the city is making it hard for legitimate hunters to earn a living by allowing all and sundry to hunt game on the plains. An expedition just outside the walls could be enlightening. The lives of the nobles seem to fascinate many, an interesting peak at their day to day lives or homes would probably be extremely well received. Then there are questions of geographical interest. Why is the plain not covered in streams and rivers? Why are there few trees on the plains? Why is the sky blue? Religious questions: How is it that elves, dwarves and men, separated for untold years share essentially the same gods? Are there any gods that are not yet known?

Our reader's curiosity is a seemingly endless well that we strive to fill.

Feavle realises he has warmed perhaps overly to his task and looks a little embarrassed.

I have perhaps spoken too long. Please continue your discussion.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
Ciarán

Ciarán's eyes narrow at the mention of hunters.

I am intrigued by this rat population, I have heard little of animals thriving within civilisation.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Amaranth aka Lyme

She is silent as she ponders the choices. None of them seem terribly appealing. Rats least of all.

I believe I would prefer to study the nobility, if they would tolerate it. If they are pleased by our efforts, their patronage could provide many opportunities in future.

I could also... put some efforts towards the academic, as a personal project. I am classically educated, and though I do not have the resources of my family library, I can certainly investigate the great mysteries of... why the sky is blue. And so forth.

She looks mildly disappointed with herself.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Bolo pipes up

I'd love an opportunity to visit the game park, I haven't found the time since arriving.

Splode fucked around with this message at 11:10 on Apr 26, 2014

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

Captain Pissweak posted:

Ciarán's eyes narrow at Bolo.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Amaranth aka Lyme stares at Ciarán.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Aello

Oblivious to all this staring and rising tension, Aello decides to make a unilateral decision

Alright, how about we start with something simple? Rat hunting might not be glamorous but it should give us all a chance to get to know each other.

Directed at Ciarán

If you are an expert in the behaviours of wild creatures then puzzling out where a nest might be should be an easy matter for you

Directed at Martha

Mistress Oakenshield, your people's affinity for the dark and cramped terrain we are likely to fight in will be invaluable

Directed at Lyme

Mistress Amaranth, this likely isn't going to be a particularly intellectually stimulating task, but I have no doubt you will put your best effort into it.

Directed at Bolo

What say you, Chronicler? Shall we aid this city in some small way to build camaraderie amongst ourselves before venturing out on to the plains?

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

thatbastardken posted:

Aello

Oblivious to all this staring and rising tension, Aello decides to make a unilateral decision

Alright, how about we start with something simple? Rat hunting might not be glamorous but it should give us all a chance to get to know each other.

Directed at Bolo

What say you, Chronicler? Shall we aid this city in some small way to build camaraderie amongst ourselves before venturing out on to the plains?

OOC: How traditional, giant rats.

Bolo considers for a moment before speaking

I think this would be a worthy adventure, and I'm sure the Printer's Guild would be eager to shed light on the darker corners of their reader's city.

He looks at Feavle questioningly.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

thatbastardken posted:

Aello

Directed at Lyme

Mistress Amaranth, this likely isn't going to be a particularly intellectually stimulating task, but I have no doubt you will put your best effort into it.

Lyme reluctantly agrees but tries to sound okay with it.

I will follow your lead, Mistress Aello. This venture shall receive the best of my ability. Yes.

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

[b]Martha

"Sorry that I was slow to respond, it takes me a time to gather my thoughts. I agree that we should work on a simpler task before heading out on the plains. When we do I would love to head to the dwarvern city.

As for the rats, I am happy to help clear the infestation as long as our druid friend doesn't mind.

The other advantage of hunting rats is that I can show you several traditional recipes using them" [\b]

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
Ciarán

Clearing an infestation need not require the rats' deaths, fellows. There's more than one way to handle every situation. That said, shall we move on?

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Amaranth / Lyme

To everyone

I believe we need a group name, so that the Printers Guild can refer to us in publication without listing every member. Something poetic and easy to recall. I believe most groups go with the style 'Company of the Star', 'The Norward Band', and so on. We most likely do not need one immediately, but should have a moniker prepared for our first report.

She looks around uncertainly. Hopefully this doesn't cause another period of tediousness.

I suppose we could just call ourselves by our leader. :rolleyes:

Bolo's Boisterous Bruiser Brigade? Aello's Adventurers? Ciarán's Critter Company? Amaranths's Exceptional Fellowship? Martha's Mashers?

To Aello

It is good that someone tries to instil some order. Are you from a noble house, or soldier family to learn such directness?

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
Feavle writes something down on a piece of paper and hands it to Bolo.

What you do is, as I have said, entirely up to you. Dealing with the rat problem at that address will be both, of interest to our readers and will gain favour with the Miller's Guild. That address is in the district where the main granaries are located. Speak to Ablinth Nosuch when you arrive for it is for his office in the Miller's Guild.

He opens his purse and gives each of you 4 gold bidding you to make a mark on yet another piece of paper.

Two weeks wages in advance. The sign of Bylin is a tavern not far from the address. Perhaps if you all met there after you have fully equipped yourselves, now that you have the means to do so. Remember Bolo is beholding to me personally for the delivery of your copy and the continuance of your wage. The use of a name for your group would be splendid but is hardly necessary for the task at hand. Perhaps one will suggest itself as you progress?

He gently indicates the exit as if to bid you depart.

[OOC: Continue to talk among yourselves and head jointly or separately to the meeting point. If you choose to leave the group to get supplies then pm me your seperate actions, otherwise post in this thread anything you undertake with the group as you move towards the Inn in the Miller's District. At some point a marching order will be necessary. May I suggest:

10' Passages

Aello Martha

Lyme Ciarán

Rolo

5' Passages

Martha

Aello

Ciarán

Lyme

Rolo

This is based entirely on hit points and armour class.

Due to the mixed racial nature of the group light sources will be needed and will spoil Infravision. Outside of actual unknown dungeons (like in the streets) giving Rolo a wandering brief may work well although guarding the extremely fragile Lyme especially from rear attack is also a consideration.]

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

"I don't know what you guys have brought with you, but I've just remembered I've forgotten to pack any candles or torches! Shall we make a detour to the market together or should I go alone and meet you there?"

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Amaranth / Lyme

I have already been to the mundane markets today, but I intend to visit some arcane stores for reagents or tools that may be of assistance. I will head to the Bylin as soon as I am finished, which should not take long.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Shadeoses posted:

Amaranth / Lyme

To everyone

I believe we need a group name, so that the Printers Guild can refer to us in publication without listing every member. Something poetic and easy to recall. I believe most groups go with the style 'Company of the Star', 'The Norward Band', and so on. We most likely do not need one immediately, but should have a moniker prepared for our first report.

She looks around uncertainly. Hopefully this doesn't cause another period of tediousness.

I suppose we could just call ourselves by our leader. :rolleyes:

Bolo's Boisterous Bruiser Brigade? Aello's Adventurers? Ciarán's Critter Company? Amaranths's Exceptional Fellowship? Martha's Mashers?

I would prefer we have some deed or emblem to name ourselves after. The Company of the White Stag, or some such.

A brief pause in which she considers their current task

Perhaps that could wait, I'd rather not march under the banner of the Company of the Brown Rat.

Shadeoses posted:

To Aello
It is good that someone tries to instil some order. Are you from a noble house, or soldier family to learn such directness?

Ahaha, yes! My family is of some small importance and possessed of a respectable lineage. Nice of you to notice. I'm not the heir, of course, but I still do my best to uphold our traditions.

Splode posted:

"I don't know what you guys have brought with you, but I've just remembered I've forgotten to pack any candles or torches! Shall we make a detour to the market together or should I go alone and meet you there?"

Capital idea, I've a few errands to run myself. I'll accompany you.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

thatbastardken posted:

Capital idea, I've a few errands to run myself. I'll accompany you.

That would be grand. Well, lets be off! If you're coming come, and if you're going go!
Bolo stands up.
Feavle, where should I deliver any documents we make. Here? Is there a courier service your guild prefers?

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
Feavle smiles graciously.

Deliver them to the main gate of the Guild. Get a receipt. How they get there or whether you retain the receipt is your business.

[OOC: Assume you all know both where and when to meet up. I can share dates and times from the setting's Calendar if you really want to sperg it out: (eg) today is the 7th of Nerf. Months have twenty days and weeks are five days long. There is one 'day off' every five days.]

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

Martha

I will tag along to the market with you also.

Bolo, I am happy for you to be in charge of our dealings with the printers as I know I have no head for numbers and business. However if you screw us over - I will personally cut off your business

+Martha smiles sweetly+

Freudian Slip fucked around with this message at 09:43 on Apr 27, 2014

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Amaranth / Lyme

I will meet you all at the Bylin. Farewell.

Her eyes linger on Martha as she leaves, she really wasn't expecting that from the dwarf.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
Ciarán

I'll also take my leave. Unless there's anywhere in the city with an abundance in plant life, I'll just meet you all at the Bylin later.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Freudian Slip posted:

Martha

I will tag along to the market with you also.

Bolo, I am happy for you to be in charge of our dealings with the printers as I know I have no head for numbers and business. However if you screw us over - I will personally cut off your business

+Martha smiles sweetly+

Bolo rolls his eyes.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Alright, to the markets!

Bolo leaves, not bothering to check if the others are following him.

OOC: An important thing to remember is Bolo has a CHAR of 9, and is nowhere near as dashing and charming as he thinks he is. I might have him become less of a dickhead later with levels, or I might just turn him into a hardened rear end in a top hat. We shall see!

I'm ready for you to move us on, Cartoon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Aello

Leave with Bolo, politely excusing herself

• Locked thread