Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
Ciarán gives the slightest of nods to acknowledge the others in the room and then focuses on the dog, trying to determine whether it's there of its own free will.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
Ciarán

You two ladies speak of places of which I know little; may I inquire more as to the Dwarven districts of Norward and the Elven land of Jurunda?

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
Ciarán

Ciarán's eyes narrow at the mention of hunters.

I am intrigued by this rat population, I have heard little of animals thriving within civilisation.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

Captain Pissweak posted:

Ciarán's eyes narrow at Bolo.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
Ciarán

Clearing an infestation need not require the rats' deaths, fellows. There's more than one way to handle every situation. That said, shall we move on?

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
Ciarán

I'll also take my leave. Unless there's anywhere in the city with an abundance in plant life, I'll just meet you all at the Bylin later.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
Ciarán

Am I able to identify whether any animals have been through here recently?

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
Ciarán

If they are tunnels made by the rats, the easiest way to find them would be through this wall.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

Shadeoses posted:

I fear that our path sets us to crawling into the tunnel behind the rats as they leave, discovering an ancient subterranean city, and fighting a vast horde of misshapen rat-men led by a mutant sewer-dwelling orphan who wishes revenge upon the city.

So far as I can tell there has been aught but ordinary rats in here.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
ooc: Cartoon do I need to declare the day's spells before casting them, or can I just cast on the fly while being limited to four casts per day?

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
Oh hey I've got that, am I able to change that now? In light of where I am three of those are kind of useless. :v:

If so, can I swap them out to Animal Friendship, Faerie Fire, Locate Animals and Speak with Animals.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
Sweet.

Cartoon posted:

If there is anything I can provide to aid you the asking is the first step towards the having.

Actually, could I have some small amount of bread, wheat, flour, whatever it is the rats are breaking in to eat?

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
Ciarán

Ciarán collects a handful of grain and stashes it with his other spell materials, then finds a place to sit and wait.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
Ciarán

Could one of you distract the horde with the sack of grain?

Ciarán collects the grain he grabbed before from his pouch in preparation.

How large is the hole the rats have made?

e: if I can even see it yet.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
Seeing no one wants to help with his plan, Ciarán decides to wing it slightly and hope he doesn't get murdered by ravenous rats.

I'm going to try to befriend one of them so that we can actually find out where they are coming from. I'd appreciate it if you guys could possibly prevent me from being entirely swarmed though.

Ciarán tries to draw in as few rats as possible with the grain and begins preparations to cast Animal Friendship.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
Ciarán

Realising that his efforts may take longer than initially expected, he aborts his attempt at converting one of the rats to the ways of and instead makes preparations to defend himself, first working towards getting the rats off his person, and then pulling out his club.

(I'm used to DH turn terminology :v:)

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
Ciarán

Are there any living rats which have not escaped at this point?

Freudian Slip posted:

Ciarán could you please see if you can do anything for Jack while I make this hole bigger for you larger folk

Ciarán washes the wound with some water from his waterskin and attempts to determine whether any infection could result.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

Cartoon posted:

As it took an amount of time for the rat carpet™ to funnel through the little hole, as many rats as you could reasonably wish may be collected alive or dead.

ooc: Am I correct in assuming people aren't going to give me the spare time to recruit one of them to our cause? :v:

If not: is there anything we'd like to know from one immediately, because this is the time to do it.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
Oh well in that case I'll net two of the rats and get Animal Friendship going, and then we can talk with animals at any point along, which'll help if we get lost.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
Ciarán

Ciarán draws in a few of the rats and attempts to become buddies with a couple of them. On success, he'll put them up on his shoulders to chill.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
Ciarán

I'm not sure how popular I'd be with the night shift if I walked in with these two on my shoulders, one of you others might want to head up and see if you can requisition a lamp.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
Ciarán

Now may be a good time for us to consult with our little friends here, but it would be good to be prepared about what we'd like to know - any suggestions beyond "which way should we go"?

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
(Still don't know what you guys want to find out from the rats, as far as I know I need to be a translator here and I can only do this once.)

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
Where would we go from here to reach this house in the trees Brown Tail? Is it the nest you were talking about?

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
ooc: where do we want to head guys, because my buddies will probably take us there. I presume we want to go see the big rat, but any objections?

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
Brown Tail, is that one of the things that aren't rats you were talking about?

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
Ciarán asks Brown Tail whether there's any path down which we could escape but the gargoyle could not and readies his club.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
Brown Tail says the way to the big rat is back the other way, so we should probably just leave.

Ciarán starts off for the exit.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
Ciarán casts Faerie Fire on the gargoyle to assist his more physically able companions as he backs away.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
Ciarán quickens his pace towards the door.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
Ciarán remains by the exit.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
ooc: has Speak with Animals worn off?

If not:
Ciarán asks Brown Tail to lead them away from the gargoyle corpse and to the Big Rat.

If it has:
Ciarán shrugs to the group.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
Ciarán looks at Brown Tail and her friend at the side of his head, then the other rats, and shrugs.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
Good to see even vague attempts at diplomacy are thrown to the wind.

Ciarán readies his club to defend himself should he be attacked and heads over to try and scoop up Brown Tail.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
Ciarán swings at any rats that come for him.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
Ciarán offers to head over first, being both the most accustomed to the outside and the nicest person in the party.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
Before he heads in though, Ciarán wants to cast Locate Animals on the entrance to the cottage looking for more rats.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
Would you happen to be the "Big Rat" Brown Tail here has told me of?

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
If I can, I'll drag Aello away from the rat man, otherwise keep whacking with the club.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
Going to smash a rat.

• Locked thread