Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
What's Teheda all about?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

Shadeoses posted:

What's Teheda all about?
She's the god of Horses, War and Fighters. She would be the God of Glory except you know ~horses~. :ssh: Don't say 'Bronie' *lightning strike * (True Neutral)

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

"I'm an archivist. I'm archiving."
Martha worships her BTW, that's part of the reason she isn't going to run from many fights

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
Aello worships her too. Which makes the radical feminist tsunami that just crashed onto poor old Ablinth's world even funnier.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
If it turns out Bolo secretly poisoned the grain I'm going to be very mad.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
I'm strongly considering casting Sleep on Aello and Martha.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
No, it's cool, we've got this. The dude was always going to be upset, but now he looks defensive and irrational.

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

Shadeoses posted:

I'm strongly considering casting Sleep on Aello and Martha.

Magical resistance Elf!

I just want to throw the wererat head at him - but Aello has it

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

Captain Pissweak posted:

Lol.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
I have to adventure extra hard to unleash my next power level I guess.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
How do you not have enough? :psyduck:

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
It's the price of insane power (mages need twice what theives do). On the other hand it gives you a week free to [Redacted].

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

Captain Pissweak posted:

How do you not have enough? :psyduck:

Mages level slower, thieves level faster. It's an in-game representation of how members of the lower classes/races physically grow up faster.

Or just because casting Sleep on everything is OP.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
According to my 18 INT calculations I should have 2057/2501exp.

Did I get my evil rat holy symbol back?

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak

Captain Pissweak posted:

Rude! It wasn't me, If I'd gotten up to anything underhand Ablinth would be dead and I'd be richer.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Other than rolling for HP do we need to do anything else to level or is that all handled at the DM's end?

accounting edit: the treasure (other than the longsword and sundries from the cabin which are currently being held by the church of Tehada) adds up to 120gp which splits evenly 5 ways. If we split the portage costs between us (I'll pay 2sp, the rest of you pay 1) and pay them out of existing funds it means we don't have to do any further maths.

thatbastardken fucked around with this message at 13:23 on May 7, 2014

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

I am happy for you to roll my HP again Cartoon

I am guessing Martha and Aello will find the fighters guild and train together.

In terms of what Martha would like to buy with her new fortune - do you want it here or PM'd?

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

Shadeoses posted:

According to my 18 INT calculations I should have 2057/2501exp.

Did I get my evil rat holy symbol back?
You can have either the actual symbol or a facsimilie.

You actually have 2247 exp currently. You may as well let me keep track of it.

Leveling up

The aim is to make it as painless as possible. I'll roll your new HP and you get new abilities and enhancements as per the books. The books say you have to spend 1500 gp per week of training to go up a level but I think that someone was on mushrooms when they typed that as it would mean each of you would have to acquire ~ 1 500 gp to go from 1st to 2nd level. That's actually several boat loads of copper each. Rather than have you acquire Souwesters and enter the sewers to fight a never ending stream of rats and to discourage you from exploiting the poor through complex money making schemes, I'm waiving all training costs until you reach name level. You already know who your trainers are, they featured in your original solo adventures. In fact some of the point of the solo adventures was to establish your relationships.

Speaking of. As part of the leveling up process I am going to have another round of solo 'adventures'. Much of this will be pretty straight forward but it is kind of up to you guys how big a role you want to play in events. I plan to use it to flesh out some details such as family connections and current associates.

So some boring admin.

The cash. Lets roll with 120 gold as the nett of your last adventure. That's after carters and money changers and assorted boring rigmarole that I actually just rolled a bunch of encounter dice to skim over. That's 24 gold each, if equal shares is how you want to handle the division. You owe some coin either to your church and/or to associated entities but we'll deal with that in your solo adventures.

The Printer's Guild. I already said you have about two weeks worth of material. Who is actually going to write and deliver it? How much is being left out?

The party. For a bunch of misfits you have managed reasonably well without a declared leader. That is up to you all of course. There is still the matter of a party name. You might also consider what you are doing next. On a party shopping list you might consider the following purchases: Lantern and backup, Oil for lantern, Torches, Extra Oil pre-prepared with 'fuses' (at 1 gp a time you might not be able to go nuts), bandages (this is pre the first-aid skill so bandaging automatically stabilses someone on 0 HP, poison and disease not withstanding). Party shares and treasure - equal shares has been mentioned - you all on board with that?

On the subject of what to do next. The dairy and the sawmillers, would they yield any useful information on Livino (aka alleged rat face)? Are you going to follow up with Toverix? Someone tried to set you up. Who? Or maybe more importantly, why? What of Wilfin? The note seems to implicate him in some shady group, 'the circle', is that an oblique reference or its actual title? There seems to be a cult of wererats, are they 'the circle'? Who owns the cottage? Are there other things to be found beyond the storm cellar doors? I'm sure you can all think of more.

So at this point you either role play the divvying up of the loot and any internal party policies, processes and decisions or I start on the individual adventure/leveling up bit.

Unless you wish to buy 'secret stuff' just list it either here or the actual RP thread.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
I would have liked to do some investigating while everyone is doing their training montages, but a level 1 magic-user is hardly the best character for going solo, and my ability to interview and negotiate is lacking. So, I'll have to figure out some other way to waste time.

Should we organise to meet up daily at a tavern to share info?

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
I though a tavern near to the money changer that took all the copper sounded like a plan, before you all go your separate ways.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
Considering what my stuff entails I'm probably disappearing onto the plains for a week.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Oh not those fuckers from my solo adventure again.

I really want to buy a magical weapon, but I imagine those are all 1 billion gp because ~1e~
I'm not stupid enough to try and steal magical stuff.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
I assume everyone's hosed off to do their own things now?

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
Bolo already has a +1 Sling! A +1 Rapier is going to be ~ 2000 gp, although a +1 dagger might be as little as 500 gp.

Splode I really want you to enjoy your experience and if not formatting your posts will make your life easier then I don't see you posting unformated as a problem.

You could use punctuation:

* Action *
" Speech "
o 0 ( Thought )
[OOC: Out of character]

As to "those fuckers", they may be your best hope of a further magical weapon. They gave you your last one.

-------------------------------//--------------------------------------

Looks like things aren't going to move on unless I push them along so I guess the party have decided, but default, to not have a meeting to coordinate their various activities and will meet up back at the Printers Guild once all trained up in about a week.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Argh, sorry, I forgot that we were supposed to be doing stuff. Well, it's in character I guess.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Dysfunction Queens, roll out!

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
Just because we were talking the insanity that is AD&D 1e levels:

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
Check them sweet druid numbers.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Cartoon posted:

Just because we were talking the insanity that is AD&D 1e levels:

nerd. The gold cost for training is such a strange mechanic. I guess they're assuming DMs are going to give the PCs a million gold at the end of their first adventure?

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
I tried that once and didn't like the rash I got after. Also what makes you think that graph isn't a C/P off of some other nerd's site?

I'll be doing enhanced character descriptions in the RP thread OP today.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Thanks for the character bios, helps me keep track of everyone much better.

Do attributes ever increase in 1e?

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
Some go up and/or down with age otherwise it's all down to wishes (1 wish per point up to racial maximums the 1/10 of a point per wish from there). Some magic items do stat changes too.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Cartoon posted:

Some go up and/or down with age otherwise it's all down to wishes (1 wish per point up to racial maximums the 1/10 of a point per wish from there). Some magic items do stat changes too.

How do you get wishes? Gods?

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
High enough mages can actually cast them.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Nothing interesting happened at the tavern then? We just complained about the patriarchy and wondered what the menfolk were up to?

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
Nobody role played anything so... My encounter dice said nothing happened.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
I wasn't making the trek back and forth daily. :colbert:

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
Lazy hippies

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
I spent the whole week shut up in my room reading books because I'm an antisocial nerd and still came to the tavern.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

I pretty much assumed we had a partying montage that has faded into a drunken blur.

• Locked thread