Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nobby
Sep 10, 2006

Everyone cries when they're stabbed. There's no shame in that.

Blockhouse posted:

Nope sorry we're stuck with inverted Sabretooth instead

Oh gently caress you. That's too inevitable to be funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nobby
Sep 10, 2006

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

There's only one person right in this whole debacle and he's currently with Molecule Man.

I'm a fan of Cyclops being both completely reasonable and completely terrifying at the same time.

Nobby
Sep 10, 2006

To be fair, they haven't stopped writing those kind of Avengers stories, they just write them in Avengers Assemble, Mighty Avengers, Avengers World and the like.

Nobby
Sep 10, 2006

Dacap posted:

The Ultimate Enemy/Mystery/Doom trilogy is just OK but is the lead in to Hickman's stuff.

If you want to know about Ultimate Reed's likely role going into Secret Wars, this and Hickman's Ultimates (Ultimate Avengers?) are the ones to read.

And then don't read anything else afterward with Ultimate Reed in it until Hickman started writing him again.

Nobby
Sep 10, 2006

Psychlone posted:

Save for his portrayal throughout Mighty Avengers. The entire run of that series showed every hero on the team to be ultimately humanistic and working for the best of the people. In fact, that was the point of the last issue. Notice how many regular people are working as Avengers, and they are called part of the Mighty Avengers in the front of the book. They work out of a store front in New York that's freely accessed by anybody who needs their help. Blue Marvel might be a super-scientist who talked with The Watcher, but first and foremost, he's a Mighty Avenger. I totally think he was sincere, him and Spectrum.

At this point, I trust Al Ewing more than any other writer at Marvel. I know almost for a fact that I'll love wherever this is going.

• Locked thread