Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They did eventually have a good Avengers cartoon. Then they cancelled it for a movie tie-in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I don't know if it's safe to click that. It's warning me cheats were used.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Kaleidoscope posted:

Hey cool, you've marginalized an entire country based on a lowest-common denominator tv show. Nice work :)

Maybe next you can connect the dots that demonstrate America's superiority by way of Power Rangers.

Yeah but it's a tiny country.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I just caught up with the latest issues.

Is Tony having the bandage on his nose supposed to show New Avengers is after Avengers, or did something happen in a previous NA issue I forgot?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

With a kick-rear end set of boots?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The Question IRL posted:

As for this run, yeah Hulk lost. Maybe it was because Sun God was fighting Hulk in Egypt where there is more sunlight. Maybe Sun God is stronger in his universe and Hulk is weaker. Maybe it's because Bruce Banner (or is he the EVIL ALTERNATE UNIVERSE BANNER) placed a device in his head to control the transformation to Hulk and throttle back on Hulk's rageahol has made him weaker.

Or maybe Hickman is one of those bands of writers who thinks that Superman should be stronger than the Hulk and able to beat him in a fight.

The best way to do it is Superman is stronger than Hulk up until he builds quite a few stacks of Anger.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Galactus is currently stuck in the negative zone I think. No idea about Death.

And when he wasn't he actually was fixing things himself by just devouring Earth during an incursion.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Didn't Franklin send back the Iron (Wo)Man/Rhodey that gave Tony some future information too?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Not a chance. The bomb is probably for Tony.

Don't they have Tony? They don't need the bomb if they can just kill him there.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

jsoh posted:

what? no he means the bomb ultron put inside caps head in the future, after tony got sent back to the present.

Yeah, I couldn't remember where Tony is. I thought he was in the bubble with Thor and the others,

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Deadpool posted:

Mighty Avengers is going away as previously rumored. But it's being replaced by Captain America and The Mighty Avengers by Al Ewing and Luke Ross. No more Land!!!

Hey cool, Kick-rear end is joining the Avengers.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Madrox posted:

Remember, from the earliest interviews, Hickman said Avengers would be life, New Avengers would be death. That's proven out fairly well so far, and things are going to get worse. This feels like the tipping point in NA.

Who knows the repercussions with Strange? Besides what he's done here, he has the mask of a Black Priest now. Maximus' inevitable betrayal is coming soon. With his history, surely some of the others have to expect it. However, along with it, we have the likely release of cosmic herald Terrax, Thanos n' Friends, and Black Swan. Not a bunch of pushovers. T'Challa no longer has the support of his pantheon, and is no longer the Black Panther. We don't know what that means regarding his status with Wakanda. Will he be outcast? Will he kill Namor? Oh yeah, plus those little incursion things. Gah, just give me the issues now Hickman!

And Tony Stark still becomes the most hated man on the planet somewhere in there.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

And besides all those time travelers, the story itself has time traveled twice.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Technically both. It's Uncanny Avengers.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yvonmukluk posted:

I thought the entire point of Age of Ultron was to take timetravel off the table.

And yet there's time travel going on in what, 3 books right now?

What was the point of the bloody exercise?

Alternate timelines are totally different.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I'm pretty sure all of Uncanny Avengers is going to be flushed down the line, back to like day 1 of Havok's team being formed.

They're currently all back in the regular timeline for them, though. Including Sentry.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Die Laughing posted:

Show your work. How do you figure it'll all be dialed back?

Because you see the divergent timeline happen, when Loki tricked Thor into enchanting the axe.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I liked how the entire issue took place in about 5 square meters.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

You can only see the incursion inside the incursion zone.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

And removes your ability to even try to fix things.

I'm surprised we haven't seen any of the established alternate Earths. There's got to be a few of those that nobody will use again.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Bell_ posted:

A lot goes on under the hood with all that super science McCoy probably helps with. What would Summers do besides stand around at the critical moment and mumble "welp, maybe if I was still possessed by the Phoenix..."

That and he's really busy with all his other poo poo. Granted, the others are too but have better excuses as to why they're able to participate.

He would yell "Get off my lawn" and torch the alternate Earth.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

SirDan3k posted:

It'd get chumped like it should have been in AVX. "Oh no the Phonix is rampaging" "Send the b team, it's poker night."

The Avengers B team is vastly more powerful than the A team anyway.

I've been reading Hickman's FF and when the Annihilation Wave was threatening to breach the portal and flood the Earth, who shows up with Cap, Thor and Iron Man? Hawkeye and Wolverine.

Thanks guys but I think you can sit this one out. Actually Cap we all took the same ride over here, so maybe you can fly them back in the Quinjet.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 07:32 on Aug 24, 2014

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Skwirl posted:

He killed some Super-mopes who were fighting his friends (by unleashing an almost unstoppable monster that would likely have devoured the world) but once he got that out of his system, he found he didn't like the taste in his mouth.

Basically, in a moment of crisis, he made an unforgivable choice, but when brought back into the present, and had time to think about it he couldn't do it again. His reluctance to pull the trigger makes the most sense out of all of them. He killed 5 (I think, I don't have the issue handy) good people and once he had control again wouldn't kill another 6 billion.

Reed not pulling the trigger makes the least sense, since in Hickman's own Fantastic Four he doomed galaxies because it wouldn't allow him to spend enough time with his kids (and he's a terrible father, that's a weird thing to doom galaxies because you love your family, and still not be there for them).

Strange unleashed it in a moment of crisis but he made the choice and opened the Blood Bible and prepared for the spell well before that.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Fishylungs posted:

As someone else mentioned, the issue seems to be that the Illuminati, and every variant anti-incursion group they encounter all seem to be doing the exact same things over and over. I imagine that's why Cho shows up. He isn't your classic Marvel genius, so maybe he isn't stuck using the same old super-genius solutions. Franklin seemed to serve a similar purpose in Hickman's FF.

On a side note, I'm surprised everyone seems to see Black Swan as some other-universe monochrome Emma Frost. I figured what with Reed being the one we've really been shown making contact with her, and having a brother, she'd be an other-universe monochrome Sue Storm.

Not that Black Swan.

In the issue where she's telling her story, there's a Black Swan Emma Frost and a Black Swan Deathbird.

http://marvel.wikia.com/Black_Swans_%28Multiverse%29

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

You could argue down to manslaughter.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

If the next incursion is in Florida they don't even need a defense.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

PaybackJack posted:

Remember we're talking about the Marvel Universe populace who are shown to be completely selfish and ignorant about Superheroics. "Wahh the Thing destroyed my house when Galactus threw him on it. Then he used my car to hit Galactus in the face and saved the earth, but that was my car and my house and now I want him thrown in jail; also I'm suing him for everything I could possibly sue him for!"

There wouldn't even be a trial, the denizens of the Marvel Universe would just burn them all at the stake in front of the White House.

Well I mean they should probably fix the house.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Cap's not really acting on limited information. He already knows the other methods fail and that if this one does too there's a drat time loop to try again.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's going to be like Doctor Who except it's 12 Caps from different timelines and universes simultaneously punching the multiverse.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They should just let 616 die then have Franklin fix it.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

drat time traveling comic book writers keep stealing my ideas.

Okay, we have Wonder Man sneak into Rabum Alal's fortress and break his vow of pacifism to shoot him with one of Fury's god killing bullets from Original Sin.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That story said Galactus is not telling the truth about why he wants the seed.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That's obviously a woman's nose and mouth in shadowy profile, come on man. Head in the game.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

No, he always posts like that.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Unless you are Dennis Hopeless this is the weirdest loving thing to be obsessed over.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

You wouldn't want to take Emma away from her important role of background character.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Thurm posted:

I wonder if he's the guy Reed and Tony talked to just before Infinity.

Didn't that dialogue imply a villain?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Doom's plan has barely anything to do with the incursions. Doom is focusing on the guys who came into his house.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

team overhead smash posted:

Aka the guys who are heavily involved with incursions.

They might not be the cause but they're operating at a multiversal level and taking them out could reveal a whole trove of knowledge.

Yeah but it's Doom. He's doing it for the petty reason, not the potential gains.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Senor Candle posted:

Wait did Magneto really just kill Red Skull? I can't tell if you guys are joking.

Sort of.

• Locked thread