Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Crossfit is the difference between hammering a nail 1000 times and building a house

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blahsmack
Oct 25, 2003

youre really better off just going to a play ground and messing around on the play structures.

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull
is crossfit like vegan fitness: all bluster and permanent spinal injuries with no real results?

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe

tomstuart posted:

is crossfit like vegan fitness: all bluster and permanent spinal injuries with no real results?

women almost always seem to end up looking better because they were probably doing almost no serious resistance training prior. you can see from the thread what most of the men look like

FAGGY CLAUSE
Apr 9, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
women who do crossfit wind up with some pretty attractive physiques... men not so much

dated a crossfit chick once. she seemed to have had an interesting life, but all she wanted to talk about was crossfit. she became incapable of carrying on normal conversations unless itw as rlated to crossfit or lululemon outfits

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
Why do so many crossfit men have that doughy Vince Vaughn physique?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Arian_Samurai posted:

Why do so many crossfit men have that doughy Vince Vaughn physique?

Because exercises other than walking and casual sports are for lovely people

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe

Real hurthling! posted:

Because exercises other than walking and casual sports are for lovely people

ok who let grampa on the internet

olylifter
Sep 13, 2007

I'm bad with money and you have an avatar!

Perfectly legitimate activity. Who needs a daycare? Strap the little fucker to you and do an exercise where if you drop the bar it'll fall on it!

FAGGY CLAUSE
Apr 9, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
crossfitters have all sorts of stupid nutrtitional ideas. i remember crossfit basically endorsed the zone diet, which is a massively carb/calorie restricted diet for athletic types. many guys think that the massive amounts of perceived effort they are exerting during workouts entitle them to worse eating habits etc

Blue Steel
Aug 19, 2009

GET YOUR BITCH ASS OUT OF E/N AND BACK TO TFLC
crossfit ladies are super fit, esp. when they supplement their kipping pullups with anavar

the guys are all twinky and lesser versions of real bodybuilders/powerlifters

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

rezatahs posted:

ok who let grampa on the internet

can't hear ya sonny, too many business men zipping up their lycra biking suits next to the thundering crack of splintering shin bones on a herd of fat first-time/last-time joggers with bad form.

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Guy I know from high school opened his own crossfit gym. Nice guy and business was good for like 2 years, but then I heard his core clientele kept getting hurt and he lost a lot of business

Then he got hurt doing some jerky weight exercise so bad he needed knee surgery

That crossfit gym doesn't exist anymore

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

just reopen the american gladiator's eliminator course as a gym and have the clients pull the tumescent aging corpses of the original gladiators behind them as they traverse it. preferably by a length of surgical tubing wrapped around their necks.

Al Harrington
May 1, 2005

I used to be an adventurer like you, then I took an arrow in the eye

so crossfit is basically a workout for people that can't accomplish a single pull up and instead flail around and rip a muscle? sounds amazing

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

they're trying to bash their front teeth out

Fireless Phoenix
May 4, 2012

by Lowtax

Cream_Filling posted:

no idea but i think those are rubber bumper plates so for the thin ones maybe 10-15 lb a plate?

That dog only has three legs. Also it's incredibly :3: I wish I could pet it

e: on second thoughts no, because petting it would require associating with these awful crossfit people

Obligatory Handle
Feb 27, 2004

by Lowtax
I like when the CrossFit people come into the normal gym. I didn't want to do some basic squats on the squat rack, bro, just continue to flail around and pretend you're doing a pull up there.

Robokomodo
Nov 11, 2009
I don't know what crossfit is or anyone that that does it but the thread title meets the necessary criteria. Crossfit is dangerous, guys!

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Jesus gently caress. I always heard that lots of people injure themselves doing CrossFit but I really didn't know why. Now after watching the gifs of them doing pullups and doing deadlifts, I see why. That's just... wow. How does anyone think that's a good idea? Decades of physical science have refined the techniques down to well defined controlled movements and they toss all that out the window in favor GOTTA GO FAST?

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority
I couldn't do CrossFit because I require a power nap between sets, if not reps.

the fart question
Mar 21, 2007

College Slice

Fourthmeal Fanboy posted:

I couldn't do CrossFit because I require a power nap between sets, if not reps.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Fireless Phoenix posted:

That dog only has three legs. Also it's incredibly :3: I wish I could pet it

e: on second thoughts no, because petting it would require associating with these awful crossfit people

the dog owns but it should not be in a concrete holding area where idiots attempt the caber toss with barbells

Job Creator
Apr 3, 2009

olylifter posted:

Perfectly legitimate activity. Who needs a daycare? Strap the little fucker to you and do an exercise where if you drop the bar it'll fall on it!

Just think about how much more motivated you are knowing your child dies if you fail that lift :shepface:

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide

olylifter posted:

I would punch that fucker in the face if I ever met him

e: I mean the baby

rcman50166
Mar 23, 2010

by XyloJW
So is the crossfit thread in YLLS an ironic thread or what?

rcman50166 fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Apr 22, 2014

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

my 55 year old mother is obsessed with crossfit and paleo. now whenever i go visit her she just talks about her deadlifts the entire time and that is boring.

she was more interesting when she was into horses and pottery

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

I think that's some ironic kipping https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKp7fBtj81c

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Tuxedo Gin posted:

my 55 year old mother is obsessed with crossfit and paleo. now whenever i go visit her she just talks about her deadlifts the entire time and that is boring.

she was more interesting when she was into horses and pottery

you should go visit her
she wont live much longer

Chuck Tanner
Nov 10, 2012

by Lowtax

Hogge Wild posted:

my fave crossfit gif

crossfat

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007

rcman50166 posted:

tbh there's probably legit crossfit gyms out there that are just olympic lifts circuits with some plyometrics

Doctor Shapes
Mar 17, 2009

Ask and ye shall receive.
wow these people probably hurt themselves a lot

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001

THE RED MENACE posted:

tbh there's probably legit crossfit gyms out there that are just olympic lifts circuits with some plyometrics

This is almost all of them.

Ppl in these threads post the same few dozen pictures of idiots each time.

Butterfly pullups are dangerous for people who arent strong enough to do strict, and that does bother me to watch. The easy fix...is to just refuse to do them that way.

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe

rcman50166 posted:

it operates under the same hugbox rules that gbs used to so good luck even trying to post a legit critique

Ghaz
Nov 19, 2004

This thread makes me happy to be morbidly obese

Hustle Hound
Oct 21, 2012

all is known
crossfit videos are the funniest snuff films i have ever seen

FAGGY CLAUSE
Apr 9, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

onemanlan
Oct 4, 2006
How do you tell a crossfitter when you meet them?
Dont worry, they'll tell you.

Xaris posted:

Jesus gently caress. I always heard that lots of people injure themselves doing CrossFit but I really didn't know why. Now after watching the gifs of them doing pullups and doing deadlifts, I see why. That's just... wow. How does anyone think that's a good idea? Decades of physical science have refined the techniques down to well defined controlled movements and they toss all that out the window in favor GOTTA GO FAST?

Well you see the have this type of group mentality that when one buys into crossfit it constantly enforces itself. There might be 1 trainer at a workout, who could have a variety of training experience from none to a decent bit) and all the members. When working out they encourage each other to push through the pain and finish. If the trainer isn't around or is terrible this can manifest into gym members teaching and pushing for harder results. It all feeds into the group think nature about working out sans any understanding of proper techniques because 'gotta go fast and hard!' I feel like there is some merit in training in unique ways, but crossfit is hardly representative of that as a whole.

Source: My mom and her CF group... they're intolerable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

LIKE THE WAVES IN THE OCEAN I WILL DIG IN YOUR FAT AND SEARCH FOR YOUR CLITORIS, BUT I WON'T SLAM WHALE

Good tits

• Locked thread