Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Armani
Jun 22, 2008

Now it's been 17 summers since I've seen my mother

But every night I see her smile inside my dreams
gbs loves posting hot women then bitching about them

It's dumb as hell

Because some of us love looking at hot dudes who do stupid poo poo too

be fair guys and post those bros!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roargasm
Oct 21, 2010

Hate to sound sleazy
But tease me
I don't want it if it's that easy

FAGGY CLAUSE
Apr 9, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

scalded schlong posted:

the dog owns but it should not be in a concrete holding area where idiots attempt the caber toss with barbells

probably lost its leg in a crossfitting accident.

Horrorosaurus
Oct 22, 2010

OP your title says "slam whale" thats cool as poo poo

GAINING WEIGHT...
Mar 26, 2007

See? Science proves the JewsMuslims are inferior and must be purged! I'm not a racist, honest!

ok nevermind crossfit is awesome

Ironed Idol
Nov 16, 2013

by XyloJW

Armani posted:

It's dumb as hell

True story, the only woman I never dated beat me at chess. I should have proposed on the spot. It was a real simple Chess ender too, was like lol gently caress your knight, checkmate with a queen and a pawn ffs.

was cool

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

Armani posted:

It's dumb as hell

How have you missed the pages & pages of gifs & pics of men failing at weights in this thread?

tiananman
Feb 6, 2005
Non-Headkins Splatoma
I know a couple in their early 20s who make considerably less than 6 figures combined and they do crossfit. The woman was already skinny and attractive. The guy works in construction and was already ripped from hauling stacks of shingles up ladders all day. I think the only reason they're not injured is that they're both under 25, and were both in decent to pretty good shape already.

I think for them it's just a trendy form of exercise and they're young so they have no idea what they're doing or that they're paying way too much.

Armani
Jun 22, 2008

Now it's been 17 summers since I've seen my mother

But every night I see her smile inside my dreams

Trixie Hardcore posted:

How have you missed the pages & pages of gifs & pics of men failing at weights in this thread?

no because I was staring at the chicks!! Gosh, trixie!

Ironed Idol posted:

True story, the only woman I never dated beat me at chess. I should have proposed on the spot. It was a real simple Chess ender too, was like lol gently caress your knight, checkmate with a queen and a pawn ffs.

was cool

I need more bro stuff like this (go and get her, idol I believe in you(from the Internet))

TheBlackPharaoh
May 8, 2007

Flagrant Abuse posted:

i have no idea what crossfit is

from this thread it looks like it's basically normal exercise but with lovely form and sped up like it's a video from the 1920s?

is that about right?

What Is Crossfit?: http://youtu.be/qnjYyfkcaNI

Ironed Idol
Nov 16, 2013

by XyloJW

Armani posted:

no because I was staring at the chicks!! Gosh, trixie!

I need more bro stuff like this (go and get her, idol I believe in you(from the Internet))

Well you see, i turned into a loser when i was younger, always the edgy one, the one with the cars and whatnot, a giant douchebag, now i just work jobs to pass time and welcome death.

Moral of the story don't be a douchbage

thats all i got

CommonTerry
Dec 16, 2013

good is soda grape
Crossfit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNf606dfCb0

you were warned
Jul 12, 2006

(the S is for skeleton)
A crossfit gym moved in to the space next to us at work. They are THE MOST OBNOXIOUS neighbors to have. They refuse to put in any soundproofing (it used to be warehouse space), and they don't give a poo poo that they're right next to an office and they shouldn't really be there in the first place. So we get to listen to their loud music and grunting and yelling and dropping weights all day, since it comes through the ventilation system in a weird way. They're constantly breaking property rules by running all over the goddamn parking lots and pretending they didn't know it was a problem. Someone tried to take a video of them loving around in the parking lot, and they claimed they were being harassed and threatened to have their "lawyer friend" come after us. They even got an off-duty cop who's a member to come over and try to intimidate us, because we did... nothing? I loving hate crossfit thanks to them, and the fact that it's actually a piece of poo poo is also bad.

A friend of mine tried to do crossfit and they actually wouldn't let her do exercises when she couldn't do correct form, so apparently there's at least one crossfit group out there that actually does make sure their members are doing things safely, but it sounds like that's incredibly rare.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

World War S posted:

A crossfit gym moved in to the space next to us at work. They are THE MOST OBNOXIOUS neighbors to have. They refuse to put in any soundproofing (it used to be warehouse space), and they don't give a poo poo that they're right next to an office and they shouldn't really be there in the first place. So we get to listen to their loud music and grunting and yelling and dropping weights all day, since it comes through the ventilation system in a weird way. They're constantly breaking property rules by running all over the goddamn parking lots and pretending they didn't know it was a problem. Someone tried to take a video of them loving around in the parking lot, and they claimed they were being harassed and threatened to have their "lawyer friend" come after us. They even got an off-duty cop who's a member to come over and try to intimidate us, because we did... nothing? I loving hate crossfit thanks to them, and the fact that it's actually a piece of poo poo is also bad.

A friend of mine tried to do crossfit and they actually wouldn't let her do exercises when she couldn't do correct form, so apparently there's at least one crossfit group out there that actually does make sure their members are doing things safely, but it sounds like that's incredibly rare.

You need to call the police on them, they're definitely violating some ordinance or other. And on-duty cops are a lot better than off-duty ones for getting poo poo done.

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001

Stoic Commie posted:

has anyone actually tried to defend crossfit yet because if you think it is better than normal strength training or has any legitimate reason to exist at all, even if you aren't doing the stupid poo poo, really then you're a dipshit

Crossfit is a sound mix of plyometrics, strength training, and circuit training for people for only have 3-4 hours a week to spare.

A lot of people who get attracted to crossfit are wealthier and don't have a lot of time. They're exactly the type of people who are arrogant and don't listen to coaching and believe they're capable of anything. In my experience maybe 20% of males have good form, and these are the guys who stay injury free. The rest burn out one way or another. Blaming that on crossfit is unfair, because they would do the same thing in any weightlifting regime. We've had one injury in a year, and it was some rear end in a top hat trying to push a ring muscle up after he was told not to do them until he'd mastered a foundational movement.

Not surprisingly, women are less arrogant, more receptive to coaching, and better about staying within their limits.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Reprisal posted:

Not surprisingly, women are less arrogant, more receptive to coaching, and better about staying within their limits.

yeah this sounds like most of the women I know

which is not a bad thing

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
Friend got tendinitis from crossfit but won't stop to heal and will probably have surgery.

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

LIKE THE WAVES IN THE OCEAN I WILL DIG IN YOUR FAT AND SEARCH FOR YOUR CLITORIS, BUT I WON'T SLAM WHALE

Horrorosaurus posted:

OP your title says "slam whale" thats cool as poo poo

Thanks man.

After reading this thread I think I am pretty ok with crossfit females at least.

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost
Judging by what I see on the facebook, crossfit does indeed make a lady look much more attractive, but it comes with the downside of making your life totally revolve around crossfit.

This one chick has dated and broken up with 2-3 fairly fit/decent looking guys within the span of a year because they "just didn't get it".

Also 95% of all facebook posts are crossfit related. All liked by the other crossfitters, and nobody else, because nobody knows what the gently caress they are talking about with all the acronyms and numbers. Or gives a poo poo.

She does look fuckin' bomb tho.

Robbie Fowler
May 31, 2011

The Butcher posted:

Judging by what I see on the facebook, crossfit does indeed make a lady look much more attractive, but it comes with the downside of making your life totally revolve around crossfit.

This one chick has dated and broken up with 2-3 fairly fit/decent looking guys within the span of a year because they "just didn't get it".

Also 95% of all facebook posts are crossfit related. All liked by the other crossfitters, and nobody else, because nobody knows what the gently caress they are talking about with all the acronyms and numbers. Or gives a poo poo.

She does look fuckin' bomb tho.

yeah there's a phrase going around that essentially says, rule #1 of crossfit is to never shut the gently caress up about crossfit.

and it's true.

CommonTerry
Dec 16, 2013

good is soda grape

The Butcher posted:

Is that what it is? Just image poo poo? That's not a reason to exercise, that's a reason to seek counselling. You should try to get healthy to live a happier, more energetic life. Also, there was a chick I worked with who told me she was weight training to "fight off attackers" and I rolled my eyes. You're 5 feet tall and half my weight. I could kill you in an instant.

LuisN
Sep 10, 2011

CommonTerry posted:

Is that what it is? Just image poo poo? That's not a reason to exercise, that's a reason to seek counselling. You should try to get healthy to live a happier, more energetic life. Also, there was a chick I worked with who told me she was weight training to "fight off attackers" and I rolled my eyes. You're 5 feet tall and half my weight. I could kill you in an instant.

Misdirection and lack of education are rampant in the "get fit," movement. People who commit to this genuinely feel it will help them, because they aren't aware of the implications and reality of the useless of some of the exercises.

If your friend is half your weight then it probably is a good idea for her to bulk up a bit, don't antagonize her and these people for their attempts to achieve their gender roles as healthy/attractive individuals.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
so Crossfit is a big scam that tricks stupid rich (white) people into injuring, crippling and killing themselves?

i dont see a problem with that

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I think I posted this in the last crossfit mock thread, but this is how kipping pullups are supposed to be done.
This guy is powerlifter Konstantin Konstantinovs, who weighs 280 and has deadlifted around 940lbs without a belt.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boLl8rGhJvE

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Dudes name is literally Konstantin Konstantin(ovs)

Kombotron
Aug 11, 2011

too bad she has never done one in her life

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3lDWA5zMHE

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before
I can imagine a lot of people go to the gym and see big weightlifting dudes lifting massive Olympic level poo poo and go "drat so if I lift weights I end up looking fat and poo poo what is the alternative", then boom crossfit!

Saga
Aug 17, 2009

Nostratic posted:

My brother in law just had back surgery yesterday after injuring himself doing crossfit.

He says he's "tweaked" his back (and everything else) a few times, but nothing that ibuprofen and staying off it for a week didn't fix :psyduck:

What a coincidence, my brother in law just had hernia surgery after injuring himself (???) doing crossfit.

Less crossfit posts from him on facebook recently, come to think of it.

KinkyJohn
Sep 19, 2002

There really should be more opportunities for stupid people to kill themselves

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Reprisal posted:

Crossfit is a sound mix of plyometrics, strength training, and circuit training for people for only have 3-4 hours a week to spare.

A lot of people who get attracted to crossfit are wealthier and don't have a lot of time. They're exactly the type of people who are arrogant and don't listen to coaching and believe they're capable of anything. In my experience maybe 20% of males have good form, and these are the guys who stay injury free. The rest burn out one way or another. Blaming that on crossfit is unfair, because they would do the same thing in any weightlifting regime. We've had one injury in a year, and it was some rear end in a top hat trying to push a ring muscle up after he was told not to do them until he'd mastered a foundational movement.

source your quotes

if this is actually your post, then no. It's not "sound" anything, because the only requirement for a regime being "crossfit" is a 2 day training course and a subscription fee. Some gyms have trainers who received instruction and experience elsewhere, and those gyms are good DESPITE being crossfit, not because of it. Other gyms have "trainers" who don't even know what good form looks like, let alone being capable of spotting and correcting bad form, and have been specifically pumped up and told to make people push super hard, and couldn't recognise a dangerous exercise if it bit the on the arse. Their FOUNDER blames people for their own injuries, mocks them and reclassifies the workouts that nearly killed them as children's workouts.

All the pictures of gyms with dogs wandering around, and people lifting weights while balancing on yoga balls, and getting run over while pulling trucks, all those are crossfit gyms because there's no oversight, regulation or credentials requires.

rcman50166
Mar 23, 2010

by XyloJW

Say Nothing posted:

I think I posted this in the last crossfit mock thread, but this is how kipping pullups are supposed to be done.
This guy is powerlifter Konstantin Konstantinovs, who weighs 280 and has deadlifted around 940lbs without a belt.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boLl8rGhJvE

So still using your legs to get you over the bar?

CommonTerry
Dec 16, 2013

good is soda grape

rcman50166 posted:

That just uh.... trains the abs or something

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

rcman50166 posted:

But you see when I cheat a pull up by doing the worm I can do more reps.

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
isnt crossfit the one where you quickly bend and thrash around while lifting weights? like a quick jerk of you back while you toss a 20lb weight in the air and catch it?

also what's zuumba? i had a health nut professor who kept talking about it but i cba to google it because goons probably have a funnier description of it anyway.

back when i played football you just lifted a drat weight if you wanted to get stronger :( now everything sounds weird and dumb

Blast of Confetti fucked around with this message at 14:14 on Apr 23, 2014

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Blast of Confetti posted:

also what's zuumba?

Line dancing in yoga pants

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

lol

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Try this cross fit drill. It's called "The Garbageman" - ok, you're gonna come to my house and pick up my garbage, balance the trash on your stomach/chest and crab walk it to the dump. It's a full body workout.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

canuckanese posted:

Try this cross fit drill. It's called "The Garbageman" - ok, you're gonna come to my house and pick up my garbage, balance the trash on your stomach/chest and crab walk it to the dump. It's a full body workout.

I call mine "digging the garden". You go to my garden, dig all the beds out but you attach weights to the spade and kip the digging with a yoga ball. After you're done, you mow my lawn by pulling a ride on mower behind you, don't worry, if you're not a PUSSY it probably won't run you over.

$200 a month.

• Locked thread